Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Crazy Dave's ZZ430 FI Build Progress (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
Crazy Dave's ZZ430 FI Build Progress by crazyd
Started on: 07-25-2002 04:22 PM
Replies: 249
Last post by: crazyd on 04-03-2004 08:40 PM
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by artherd:
PS: If that ain't Grand Sport Blue, I dunno WHAT it is!

Actually, I think that's "Electron Blue" from the 2002 Corvette pallete.

IP: Logged
artherd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
aaaaaahh

Looks great!

PS: I would never use synthetic for new engine break-in, the rings aren't going to cut, it's too good a lubricator. Always use organic oil, then switch!

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. (2:13.138 at Sears Point) "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
88 Formula, Northstar, Silver, In-Progreess. -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

watts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsDirect Link to This Post

I would never use synthetic for new engine break-in, the rings aren't going to cut, it's too good a lubricator. Always use organic oil, then switch!

I'll second that - heck, I'll make scans out of my A&P books that'll back up that statement!

LS1swap

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LS1swapClick Here to visit LS1swap's HomePageSend a Private Message to LS1swapDirect Link to This Post
Now you guys got me second guessing again..... It is my understanding that the y-bodies come with synthetic straight from the factory. I don't know how many times this has been debated over on ls1.com. Over there the majority say syn. for the LS1 not sure why. It did have organic for the first 50 miles. Then it got the synthetic. A&P too huh... Me too. I do remember in the aircraft mechanics power plant book or AC43-13. Had a break in recommendation, But it wasn't regular oil either it was made especially for break in.( I could be wrong it has been at least 10 years since I have opened either of those books) But the jugs on most aircraft engines are giant. So that might have something to do with it. The oil also stays cooler for they are dry sump. It is also my understanding that the oiling problem on the LS1's happens more on organic than synthetic. I guess I will have to go back over there and open the debate again. I put about 200 miles since the swap and it hasn't used any oil which is a little surprising to me. Well I am getting pretty far off topic so I will stop rambling LOL
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

PS: I would never use synthetic for new engine break-in, the rings aren't going to cut, it's too good a lubricator. Always use organic oil, then switch!

Best!
Ben.

I totally agree.

Street & Performance supplied this engine and they recommended break-in on Fossel and then switch to the fake oil.

We had about 300 miles on the break-in oil and then switched to Mobil 1.

IMHO, rings just will not seat on plastic oil.

Archie

artherd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
lol 'fake' oil, I'm going to start calling it that )

Many engines are coming from the factory with synthetic, HOWEVER, those same engines are run on a dyno for about 500miles and come PRE-BROKEN-IN!

I don't know specifically about the LS1, but most of this is done with organic oil, and the synthetic put in for delivery (and the rest of the car's life.)

'fake' oil is fabalous stuff, Mobil-1 even has a MIL- part number! It's actually so darn good, that if used in break-in, the motor won't wear enough )

LS1Swap: I'd go back to an organic for the next 500miles or so, then drop some 'fake oil' in and stand on the throttle ) (assuming your motor was new or you installed new parts. If it's been run, even a little, you're likely fine.)

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. (2:13.138 at Sears Point) "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2002 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LS1swap:
Me too. I do remember in the aircraft mechanics power plant book or AC43-13. Had a break in recommendation, But it wasn't regular oil either it was made especially for break in.

Most of the time for A/C engines, mineral oil is recommended. That's probably what you're thinking of.

The oil also stays cooler for they are dry sump.

Very few horizontal opposed A/C engines are dry sump unless they're acro engines. Almost all are wet sump.

John Stricker

godalex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2002 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for godalexSend a Private Message to godalexDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LS1swap:
Now you guys got me second guessing again..... It is my understanding that the y-bodies come with synthetic straight from the factory. I don't know how many times this has been debated over on ls1.com. Over there the majority say syn. for the LS1 not sure why. It did have organic for the first 50 miles. Then it got the synthetic. A&P too huh... Me too. I do remember in the aircraft mechanics power plant book or AC43-13. Had a break in recommendation, But it wasn't regular oil either it was made especially for break in.( I could be wrong it has been at least 10 years since I have opened either of those books) But the jugs on most aircraft engines are giant. So that might have something to do with it. The oil also stays cooler for they are dry sump. It is also my understanding that the oiling problem on the LS1's happens more on organic than synthetic. I guess I will have to go back over there and open the debate again. I put about 200 miles since the swap and it hasn't used any oil which is a little surprising to me. Well I am getting pretty far off topic so I will stop rambling LOL

According to interviews with Pat Hill and others of the Corvette design team, the LS1 and LS6 have tighter tolerances and special rings, especially the newer ones MY 01 and up. Synthetic is run from the get go. (delivery) Whether they use different oil during break in at the factory I couldn't say.

------------------

[This message has been edited by godalex (edited 09-23-2002).]

LS1swap

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2002 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LS1swapClick Here to visit LS1swap's HomePageSend a Private Message to LS1swapDirect Link to This Post
I guess I will error on the side of caution I will switch back to organic. It did break in for the first 50 miles on organic. Then it got synthetic (Mobile one) this is the first engine that I have ever used synthetic on. Before I have always used organic. I got 218,000 on my SE and 240,000 ( I travel allot) on my pick up so it cant be that bad. I kind of thought the same myself about it, it was just there was so much hype about switching to mobile one as soon as possible that I bought into it. Not trying to steel your thread Dave... Your car looks great good luck!

PS. It has been 10 years since I have touched an aircraft engine, so I could be wrong, but I could have swore the lycomings we had in the shop were dry sump... Maybe it was the radial I was thinking of. Maybe my next swap should be a PT-6 LOL

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2002 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
aw, the videos dont work for me :sad: AOL media player rarely wokrs good. Anyway you can make it Windows meda player?

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
IM AOL: GTFiero
What oil leak? That puddle under the car is just sweat from all that horsepower.

artherd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2002 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
Well, so long as you started it with organic, you'll be doing allright. I would put about 500miles just to be safe though, then switch to 'fake' for good

Is your LS1 a new crate motor?

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon

PFF
System Bot
crazyd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2002 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
I'm just getting caught up from the last four days, and what a ride it's been.

I am still using dinosaur juice until I get to 2000 miles, then I'm switching to Mobil 1 based on the recommendation I got from Sallee Chevrolet. The beast, whose official name is Chrysalis, is up to about 1300 miles now. And please, enough of the oil discussion. Thanks.

Will is correct about the color, it is NOT Admiral Blue as I stated before, it is 2002 Corvette Electron Blue. You have to see it in person to have a real appreciation for it. It is the most beautiful shade of blue I've ever seen and is absolutely breathtaking on this car. It is a very specific mix of colors and flake powders that has a subtle pearlescent quality to it in spite of being a two-stage paint. I am going to use my limited photographic skills to try to get a nice shot of it in beauty light (dusk/dawn) sometime in the next few days, then scan it in to post here.

The pic that Archie took was of a very burned out Dave, who hadn't showered in two days nor shaved in a week and was really exhausted from the frantic work of getting this car together on a deadline. Archie is probably pretty tired out too, and many thanks to him and his employees for their help and hard work getting the car together in time. It was body-off painted in just five days, and I'd also like to thank Steve of Lakemoor Bodyworks for his excellent paintwork. We'd literally finished putting the body and interior together just seconds before that picture was snapped. It is more a relief than anything else that the car actually came together so well. I'll dig up some "before" pics of it that you won't believe.

Dave

LT1Guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2002 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT1GuySend a Private Message to LT1GuyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

BTW, the car is officially a KICK to drive. The short throw SPEC clutch is more of an on/off switch than anything else.

Archie

Thats been my experience with this clutch, which I have installed in a few LS1 F-bodies, and with the McLeod Street Twin in my 97 Camaro SS. I love it!

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2002 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
can anybody change those videos to Windows Media Player?

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
What oil leak? That puddle under the car is just sweat from all that horsepower.

LS1swap

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2002 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LS1swapClick Here to visit LS1swap's HomePageSend a Private Message to LS1swapDirect Link to This Post

Well, so long as you started it with organic, you'll be doing allright. I would put about 500miles just to be safe though, then switch to 'fake' for good

Is your LS1 a new crate motor?

Best!
Ben.

go here for the answer
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/020989-2.html

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2002 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTFiero1:
can anybody change those videos to Windows Media Player?

Or can anybody tell me how to convert them so everyone can see them.

Archie

Mosinee88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2002 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mosinee88GTClick Here to visit Mosinee88GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mosinee88GTDirect Link to This Post
Here are the videos in mpeg format. Archie you can copy them to your server if you want or just leave them here, either way.
http://fiero.dyns.net/~ivan/fiero/dave9.mpg
http://fiero.dyns.net/~ivan/fiero/dave10.mpg
http://fiero.dyns.net/~ivan/fiero/dave11.mpg

[This message has been edited by Mosinee88GT (edited 09-26-2002).]

FieroLT1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2002 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLT1Click Here to visit FieroLT1's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLT1Direct Link to This Post
Ah. Mosinee88GT beat me to it.
Archie , I just did quick conversion to WMV for ya! I am gonna email you the freebee I use to do this ASAP.
Takes 30secs and is 1/6 the size of the .avi (for broadband challenged folks).
http://www.fierolt1.com/mm/dave9.wmv
http://www.fierolt1.com/mm/dave10.wmv
http://www.fierolt1.com/mm/dave11.wmv

------------------
Winston Ojeda
88 Formula LT1
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
http://www.FieroLT1.com
Home of the Fiero LT1

wojeda@FieroLT1.com

[This message has been edited by FieroLT1 (edited 09-25-2002).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2002 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
You guys are great, Thanks.

Archie

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2002 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Hey....that sounds awefully familiar!!!

Thanks for posting the video, it truely shows how 'bad a$$' these little cars can get!!! Everybody should keep in mind that the launch he did was pretty conservative, there's a little more hiding under there!

------------------

Click to Listen!

FieroLT1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2002 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLT1Click Here to visit FieroLT1's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLT1Direct Link to This Post
That's exactly what I was thinking.
He was barely touching that pedal there.
I love the sound though. Can't get enough of it. I love it so much that I ripped out the audio, made a .wav file out of it and made it my Windoze starting sound!
Rock On!!!

Originally posted by California Kid:
Hey....that sounds awefully familiar!!!

Thanks for posting the video, it truely shows how 'bad a$$' these little cars can get!!! Everybody should keep in mind that the launch he did was pretty conservative, there's a little more hiding under there!

------------------
Winston Ojeda
88 Formula LT1
Home of the Fiero LT1

wojeda@FieroLT1.com

PFF
System Bot
84fierose

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2002 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fieroseSend a Private Message to 84fieroseDirect Link to This Post
After watching those videos I just realized its time to get rid of the iron duke and save up some $$$$ for a v-8. Crazydave your car is awesome congrats on it.
artherd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2002 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
Coilover/Koni time dude! You're pulling those fronts clear to the shock's maximum extend! ;D

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon

Fiero Muncher

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2002 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero MuncherSend a Private Message to Fiero MuncherDirect Link to This Post
Dude, get some shocks, and some stiffer springs, cause you should.

I need stiffer shocks and springs, buy me some too.

FieroLT1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2002 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLT1Click Here to visit FieroLT1's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLT1Direct Link to This Post
Really Dave!
I'd go with 325-350 lb. Einbach's and a new set of KYB GR2's if I were you.

That thing is going to space shuttle on you one day.

Originally posted by Fiero Muncher:
Dude, get some shocks, and some stiffer springs, cause you should.

I need stiffer shocks and springs, buy me some too.

------------------
Winston Ojeda
88 Formula LT1
Home of the Fiero LT1

wojeda@FieroLT1.com

Jimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2002 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySend a Private Message to JimmyDirect Link to This Post
That car is awesome! I can't wait to see more footage of that car! Great job on the car!

Jim
87 GT T-TOP V8
87 GT

1FST2M6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2002 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FST2M6Click Here to visit 1FST2M6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1FST2M6Direct Link to This Post
when do we get dyno or track numbers?!?!

NICE setup!! looks like you have 90/10 front struts! DAMN lota-torque!

artherd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2002 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
Go Koni (and held coilover for spring), they're worth every penny twice over, because you can setup the car *any* way you like with them!

Car looks totally nutty-quick! Hope you bought a neck brace! I'm impressed with how well it hooks too. Sounds incredible too!

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon

scrotum_pat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
User Banned

Report this Post09-26-2002 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scrotum_patSend a Private Message to scrotum_patDirect Link to This Post
Oh my goodness!!!!! That scared the crap outta me and im infront of a comp, I have a massive grin right now. I dont know if I can wait another year for my upgrade.
crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2002 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
I'm currently up in New Jersey and am up to about 1600 miles. The clutch doesn't seem to get any smoother as time passes, but I have been in a couple of rush-hour jams today on I-95 and it wasn't unmanageable, it just gave me some time to try to find a technique to engage it smoothly. I still haven't really found one other than revving to about 2k while releasing the pedal. I prefer to keep engagement revs to about 1200, but it shudders at anything under 1500.

Thanks to you guys for converting the videos over. Glad everyone's enjoying them. I still haven't seen them myself, but at least I'm one step closer and can pass it along to others who would like to see. Now I just need a fast PC with a fast 'net connection!

Suspension-wise, this is an all-stock '88 GT except that I replaced the shocks with GR-2s before bringing the car to Archie and all suspension bushings, front and rear, have been replaced with Prothane Polys. It is about as firm as I can stand, and substantially stiffer than my stock silver car with the same shocks. There's a lot of torque to lift the front end up, no doubt, but I've done about all I'm willing to do, any rougher and it'll have the ride quality of a go-kart. I don't want this to be a car I don't want to drive because the ride is too harsh. You've gotta strike the right balance, and I have neither the time, the money nor the inclination to re-engineer what GM spent a boatload on already. The car's handling is neutral right now, and has a very balanced feel that inspires confidence. The ride height is right for the wheel/tire combo too, so why should I mess with it? I dunno how long you guys have been tinkering with cars, but one thing I learned pretty quickly is that by changing one small thing you usually screw up two or three other things.

Dave

LS1swap

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2002 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LS1swapClick Here to visit LS1swap's HomePageSend a Private Message to LS1swapDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dave there is a Northern IL. Mod fest being planned in general chat. If you make it back on time bring the car. I am sure every one would like to see it.
PFF
System Bot
artherd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2002 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dave, I actually noticed my ride got BETTER going to the Konis (yeah. Weird, I know.)

KYBs have the SAME damping on compression as rebound... not very good. Infact, just sloppy. They start with a "k" and have a little band across 'em, so people automatically think they're the bee's knees and they've saves SO much over the Konis. They're wrong.

The Koni really are great stuff, and I *highly* recomend them.

I dialy my car with 225/40/18 fronts 30miles each way, and I love it.

Best!
Ben.

Originally posted by crazyd:
I'm currently up in New Jersey and am up to about 1600 miles. The clutch doesn't seem to get any smoother as time passes, but I have been in a couple of rush-hour jams today on I-95 and it wasn't unmanageable, it just gave me some time to try to find a technique to engage it smoothly. I still haven't really found one other than revving to about 2k while releasing the pedal. I prefer to keep engagement revs to about 1200, but it shudders at anything under 1500.

Thanks to you guys for converting the videos over. Glad everyone's enjoying them. I still haven't seen them myself, but at least I'm one step closer and can pass it along to others who would like to see. Now I just need a fast PC with a fast 'net connection!

Suspension-wise, this is an all-stock '88 GT except that I replaced the shocks with GR-2s before bringing the car to Archie and all suspension bushings, front and rear, have been replaced with Prothane Polys. It is about as firm as I can stand, and substantially stiffer than my stock silver car with the same shocks. There's a lot of torque to lift the front end up, no doubt, but I've done about all I'm willing to do, any rougher and it'll have the ride quality of a go-kart. I don't want this to be a car I don't want to drive because the ride is too harsh. You've gotta strike the right balance, and I have neither the time, the money nor the inclination to re-engineer what GM spent a boatload on already. The car's handling is neutral right now, and has a very balanced feel that inspires confidence. The ride height is right for the wheel/tire combo too, so why should I mess with it? I dunno how long you guys have been tinkering with cars, but one thing I learned pretty quickly is that by changing one small thing you usually screw up two or three other things.

Dave

------------------

Ben Cannon

crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2002 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post

KYBs have the SAME damping on compression as rebound... not very good. Infact, just sloppy. They start with a "k" and have a little band across 'em, so people automatically think they're the bee's knees and they've saves SO much over the Konis. They're wrong.

The Koni really are great stuff, and I *highly* recomend them.

I daily my car with 225/40/18 fronts 30miles each way, and I love it.

Actually I just wanted an OEM replacement for the crappy Monroes that some previous owner had installed, and were seized up so badly that I could barely extend the cylinder even with vise-grips. I would prefer a set of Bilsteins, but I don't know if they make an '88 GT replacement. Has anyone tried this?

Dave

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2002 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
If you want to do a little fabricating, you might try raising the forward pivot of the trailing arm on your rear suspension 2-4 inches. This will increase your anti-squat and reduce front end lift.
Wannabe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2002 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WannabeSend a Private Message to WannabeDirect Link to This Post
You might want to look into picking up a set for a mid '80s GN, at least for the front. I know that Bilstein makes them for the GN, and other makes of shocks for the GN will fit the front of the '88 with a very small amount of grinding on the opening in the lower control arm. I currently have GN spec shocks on the front of my Formula.

[This message has been edited by Wannabe (edited 09-27-2002).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2002 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dave, everyone seems a bit more concerned about your suspension than you are...... "You might want to consider" buying a stock 6 banger and having me pull out that ugly overpowered 430HP Fuel Injected SBC engine and put the 6 in for you.

I'll do the labor for free, if I get to keep all the old parts.

Archie

artherd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2002 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
Lol, good luck catching him to ask! ;D

Will, with the knuckle currently sitting below the front pivoit, wouldn't decreaseing this past the point of paralell actually give more 'squat' on accell? Or is it late and I've got it backwards?

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2002 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Lol, good luck catching him to ask! ;D

Will, with the knuckle currently sitting below the front pivoit, wouldn't decreaseing this past the point of paralell actually give more 'squat' on accell? Or is it late and I've got it backwards?

Best!
Ben.

Raising the forward pivot will move the side view instant center and put the vector from it to the contact patch closer to the car's CG, the definition of increasing anti-squat.

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2002 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
your in New Jersey eh? where at?

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2002 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post

GTFiero1

6508 posts
Member since Sep 2001
your in New Jersey eh? where at?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave