Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Crazy Dave's ZZ430 FI Build Progress (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
Crazy Dave's ZZ430 FI Build Progress by crazyd
Started on: 07-25-2002 04:22 PM
Replies: 249
Last post by: crazyd on 04-03-2004 08:40 PM
85frankenstein

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2002 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85frankensteinClick Here to visit 85frankenstein's HomePageSend a Private Message to 85frankensteinDirect Link to This Post
Gawd, I love living in Chicagoland! It's a gearhead's dream. One of these days when I get back up north to visit the parents in McHenry, I hope I see you guys cruisin' around!

Bob

------------------
As Alice Cooper once said...

Feed My.... Frankenstein!
IP: Logged
Kaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2002 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KazSend a Private Message to KazDirect Link to This Post
CrazyD,
Congratulations!

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2002 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Dave doesn't have Internet access in the evenings, so I get to beat him to this post.

Dave drove that beast quite a bit today (considering it don't have a body on it yet).

I know it sounds great from the outside, and Dave was doing a lot of grinning. And when he wasn't in the car between drives, he was strutting around it like new Father.

I think he likes it.

We got the SPEC clutch thing all sorted out and I'm gonna post that info the the Clutch thread later tonight. (I'm still getting the pictures marked up to explain what we found and did)

Anyway, we took the car to the body shop for the rest of the paint and body work today. We hope to have it back in a week or so. Then we get to get serious about putting some miles on the car.

Archie

Biznach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2002 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BiznachSend a Private Message to BiznachDirect Link to This Post
I know I'm pretty new to the Forum and all, but I just have to say that ya'll are the GREATEST. I was thinking about a 3.4 TDC conversion for my '87 GT, but after reading through the last three pages and seeing the pics, all I want is a "Balls to the wall" Big A@@ V-8 in my Fiero! Archie, you da man! That motor looks outstanding! I wish you lived in SoCal Archie! I would give you the keys and what ever amount of money it took to get my Fiero like this one. I'm going to go to bed and cry while I think about my little 2.8 in my car and dream sweet dreams about that bad a@@ V-8. Thanks for showing me that ANYTHING is possible with a little imagination and a lot of money.

------------------
Biznach AKA "Ditty"
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT
1998 Plymouth Neon Expresso
1968 Ford F100 352 BB

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2002 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Oh, something else I forgot to tell you......

Remember that big Fuel injection system everyone thought wouldn't clear the decklid???

Anyway, It fits just fine UNDER the decklid.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 08-23-2002).]

crazyd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2002 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
I don't know where to begin. My target, this imaginary approximation of what I expected the car to be, was a mid-engined Corvette, but what it turned out to be was nothing like that at all. It's more like a mid-engined Viper with a way better exhaust note, substantially deeper gearing, and more leg- and head-room! The power is immediate, the thrust is tremendous, the powerband seems infinite. I'm really not supposed to go much over 3000rpm until it's broken in, and I tried to keep it under that (no tach to be certain, but I did my best) yet the torque comes on immediately and leaves no doubt as to what lies beyond. There is so much torque that letting off the gas pedal chirps the tires in first and second gears.

I was driving it with the windows down and the sunroof removed, and it was pretty loud inside, but it's only as loud outside as Archie's Stinger - yet with a much more intimidating roar to it. Archie has said for a long time that he doesn't care about audio in his V8 cars. I've been a card-carrying audiophile for over 15 years and I don't care about the audio in this car much either. The sound of that engine behind my head was an engineering symphony in its own right.

Okay, the other thing everyone's curious about is the clutch. Like I said over in Chester's clutch thread, the throwout on this SPEC Stage III clutch is dramatically shorter than stock and the Centerforce. The slave cylinder piston travel necessary to actuate it went from 1.15" to 0.375", and the pedal travel is commensurately shorter, roughly a third of what it used to be. It feels wrong when you first push on it to fire the beast, and then it is disturbing how quickly it grabs when you start to release it. The takeup is immediate. But then you start to drive it and it feels completely natural. Shifts are quick and no-nonsense, and neither the engine nor the transmission seem to object to it at all. They all work fluidly together. My initial impressions were of a clutch still brand-new from the box moving a couple of feet indoors; as I have driven it more real-world and it has started to break in, it has become much more manageable and livable in spite of its short throw and immediate takeup. However, it could just be a characteristic of the '88 hydraulics, which have a distinct feel from the earlier cars in that they tend to take less travel to actuate, both the clutch and the brakes.

Then something else weird happened. I jumped in the Corvette to drive home, and I mistook its long takeup for being in third gear instead of first. I've gone for six months without driving that car and it still felt like I drove it the day before, yet just half an hour with this SPEC clutch and it really threw me off. There's definitely some adjusting to get used to it, but once I did it made me wish the Corvette's were a lot shorter too.

That's all for now.

Dave

artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2002 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
AWESOME dave, can't wait till she's broken in and you can REALLY open her up! (the zz430 supposedly is a revver.)

Gotta love that high compresson braking! (is this with the new rubber?!)

Mid-engine Corvette... From Hell...

Best!
Ben.

Originally posted by crazyd:
I don't know where to begin. My target, this imaginary approximation of what I expected the car to be, was a mid-engined Corvette, but what it turned out to be was nothing like that at all. It's more like a mid-engined Viper with a way better exhaust note, substantially deeper gearing, and more leg- and head-room!
Dave

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. (2:13.138 at Sears Point) "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
88 Formula, Northstar, Silver, In-Progreess. -Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2002 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
SO if the BIG fuelinjection rig fit under there, what is the usable height from the top of the motor to the deck lid?

Measuring from where the intake manifold sits on the intake oil gally rails to the deck?

Mabey I can go with a larger intake.

John

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2002 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Dave!! Nice to see there's another V8 Monster testing parts!!!

------------------

Click to Listen!

crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
Well, we retrieved my car from the body shop yesterday, incomplete and in many, many pieces. Martin decided he had no intent to finish it and finally admitted it to me. So Archie and I hauled it back to the shop and it took me yesterday and today to put it back together to a point that it's legal to drive. I got 54 test-driving miles on it this afternoon, and aside from needing a quart of oil it ran flawlessly. After I got past the 40-mile mark I was allowed to open it up, and that's when the fun really started. It pulls so hard I have trouble hanging on to the steering wheel. The torque curve is fat on the bottom, completely unlike a cammer motor, and then linear from 2500-6500. And it pulls like a freight train!

I've wound this monster all the way through fourth gear, and the clutch isn't even fully broken in yet, but it does NOT slip. Engagement in first and reverse is still a little tricky, and I'm still getting used to it, but I have no complaints at all. Its initial engagement should smooth out once it breaks in fully.

More test-driving tomorrow.

Dave

tstroud

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I had a guy do that to me a few years ago on my GTO.
I was supposed to pay as he got the bodywork done, I paid but he didn't get the work done.
He had it a year before he finally said he wasn't going to get it done.
It's still not done.
He used to be a good friend. No more.
(moral) Never trust your money with your friends. Especially if they discover methamphetamines.

Back on topic,
I'm glad to hear your car runs so well.
More pic's please.

tstroud

------------------
'84 SE 350 5 speed (isuzu)
'69 GTO 400 4 speed

PFF
System Bot
GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
im tempted to move to illinois

------------------

--Adam--
1987 Blue GT 5-speed
IM AOL: GTFiero
What oil leak? That puddle under the car is just sweat from all that horsepower.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

More test-driving tomorrow.

Dave[/B]

Today, Dave has discovered one of the problems with driving a V-8 Fiero

He has discovered that it's a lot more fun to drive one than it is to come on here and talk about it.

This last post by him only took him about 3 monutes and was written between test drives. He punched "Submit Reply" and ran off for another drive.

After he wrote the text above, it was decided that he would log more miles by driving the car to his Chicago area home tonight & bring it back for some more finishing tomorrow.

Dave is kinda Crazy, kinda impatient, kinda excited, I hope he's careful & remembers that the car is officially in the "in breakin" period.

BTW, the car is officially a KICK to drive. The short throw SPEC clutch is more of an on/off switch than anything else. I know how Dave drives and I'm pretty sure that if anyone can tear up that Clutch, he's the guy. So far he's been good.

So I guess the only pics you'll see today are the ones I'll post for you.

Archie

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie,
Would that intake fit under the decklid of a notchback? A notchback does have less clearance right?
LS1swap

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2002 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LS1swapClick Here to visit LS1swap's HomePageSend a Private Message to LS1swapDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dave don't break it just yet.... I still want to see it I just noticed something in that pic no MAF ???? Was it air density from the start or did you convert it? Have fun!

[This message has been edited by LS1swap (edited 09-11-2002).]

crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
One more thing to add right now, this has been floating around in my head for a while. Somewhere in GM literature I saw them call the ZZ430 "legendary." I thought at the time that was just the marketing people doing their jobs. But the more I drive it, the more I'm sure it was no exaggeration. It has bottom-end torque like a big block, yet it winds like a '27, with roller smoothness and complete streetability. Although far from inexpensive, it was nearly ten grand with the fuel injection, I can't imagine doing it any other way.

I'm on the hunt for a dyno shop and a scale today, hopefully I can do it this weekend.

Dave

crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2002 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post

crazyd

2011 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Originally posted by LS1swap:
I just noticed something in that pic no MAF ???? Was it air density from the start or did you convert it? Have fun!

The setup as delivered from S&P was MAP (speed-density). It works great so far, no need to mess with it.

Dave

crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2002 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
Weekend update: 350 miles on the swap, clutch is fully broken in. It is locked up solid in all three top gears. No slippage at all, and it clamps down like crazy. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!

Oh, and I wasted a tricked out Typhoon in my first street race on Saturday night. Poor guy didn't stand a chance.

Dave

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2002 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Weekend update: 350 miles on the swap, clutch is fully broken in. [b]It is locked up solid in all three top gears. No slippage at all, and it clamps down like crazy. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!

Oh, and I wasted a tricked out Typhoon in my first street race on Saturday night. Poor guy didn't stand a chance.

Dave[/B]

Great to hear! Did it season any or is it still a on/off type of setup? I'd break the motor in a little more before I'd start givin it some I know it's harder said then done. Nice kill BTW.

Rob D.

I'm wondering how it will hold up to a 150 - 200 Hp spray

------------------

No motor - Soon to be a 383 V8
2.5" Drop
11" Brakes
17" Revolutions
RCC Coilover Suspension
New web site! www.dirtyratracing.org

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 09-16-2002).]

Jimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2002 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySend a Private Message to JimmyDirect Link to This Post
Sweet news!!!

I can't wait to install my Spec stage III. Too bad my bell housing has a 3" crack in it!

Jim
87 GT T-TOP V8
87 GT

crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2002 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:
Great to hear! Did it season any or is it still a on/off type of setup?

It did smooth out, and pretty quickly I might add. Archie got that instant-on impression of it because he was among the first to jump in it and try it out after we got it adjusted, when it was still brand new and the car was still in the shop. It does engage quickly, there's little fussing around like on a stock clutch, but that is mostly because of its short throw, strong clamping force and high-frictional-coefficient puck material. Once out on the road, it's a different story. Its engagement becomes completely natural after a couple rows through the gears. Think of it like the difference between a stock-length shifter and a shorty shifter.

I'd break the motor in a little more before I'd start givin it some I know it's harder said then done. Nice kill BTW.

It is harder said than done, but I don't think it's really necessary. Modern engines are already run-in at the factory and need little else. Besides, I've never given an engine a "gentle" break-in, and they always go like stink. My uncle told me to break 'em in like you're going to drive 'em, and that advice has served me well.

I'm wondering how it will hold up to a 150 - 200 Hp spray

My god man, when was the last time you drove a manual-transmissioned V8 Fiero?!?! On my 5sp Getrag, I'm done with first gear in about two seconds. I wouldn't be able to control everything, it all happens so fast without the juice. You need either lightning-quick, always-accurate reflexes... or an automatic transmission!

Dave

PFF
System Bot
Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2002 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear you finally got your car back, and everything is holding up well

Now,
perhaps you need to do a really really long test drive now..let's say about 400 miles...

In the direction I live....

Alright, alright
I am just trying to get my hands on some more of this great pizza only available in your neck of the woods

Tina

artherd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2002 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post

Heh, reminds me of a great 'review' of an Audi R8 I read recently.

"Ok, so I decided that the car was warmed up, and that I'd 'hit it' on the straight this time. This is my best recolection of what transpired: I came out of the turn in second and floored it. Immediately the shift light was ON! <Bang> third, light ON! <bang> ON! <Bang!> ON! <Bang> It was only untill I hit 6th gear that I actually had a chance to do anything but move my right hand as fast as I possibly can just to keep up with the damn lights!

I took one breath and realised doing about 170 and the turn was coming up on me so I stood on the brakes, and almost broke the harness...."

Hey dave, if there's still ample torque down low, you know what that means? You can still cam it up a notch! ) ) )

Best!
Ben.

My god man, when was the last time you drove a manual-transmissioned V8 Fiero?!?! On my 5sp Getrag, I'm done with first gear in about two seconds. I wouldn't be able to control everything, it all happens so fast without the juice. You need either lightning-quick, always-accurate reflexes... or an automatic transmission!

Dave[/B]

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top, Metalic Red. (2:13.138 at Sears Point) "Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"

FieroLT1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLT1Click Here to visit FieroLT1's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLT1Direct Link to This Post
WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!

I am expecting my phone to ring anytime now and an Archiemated voice message will say... "This is to confirm your appointment tomorrow at 8:00am for a clutch swap!"

ohhh, I can't wait....

Weekend update: 350 miles on the swap, clutch is fully broken in. [b]It is locked up solid in all three top gears. No slippage at all, and it clamps down like crazy. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!

Dave[/B]

------------------
Winston Ojeda
88 Formula LT1
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
http://www.FieroLT1.com
Home of the Fiero LT1

wojeda@FieroLT1.com

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tina:
Now,
perhaps you need to do a really really long test drive now..let's say about 400 miles...
Tina

Hey Tina, at the risk of going a little off topic, did you guys ever determine what the problem with your engine was?

Archie

30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2002 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
:notworthy:
How about some photos of the "sleeper" body?
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2002 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

[QUOTE]I wouldn't be able to control everything, it all happens so fast without the juice. You need either lightning-quick, always-accurate reflexes... or an automatic transmission!

Dave

Nah its more fun with a manual tranny. I intend on using a progressive nitrous controller to keep the insanity level under control

Rob D.

crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2002 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:
Nah its more fun with a manual tranny. I intend on using a progressive nitrous controller to keep the insanity level under control

Just my advice, build it first, then see if you really think you need more power than that! You've still got a couple months of weekend work ahead of you, take it one step at a time.

Dave

crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2002 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post

crazyd

2011 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Originally posted by 30+mpg:
:notworthy:
How about some photos of the "sleeper" body?

It's coming back from the paint shop tomorrow for final assembly and inspection. I'm anxious to get some pictures of it posted too, as soon as it's ready I'll find a place and snap some to post here. It is a bone-stock '88 GT body and suspension (I love it just as it is) but it will be in a beautiful new color with new wheels.

Dave

1FST2M6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2002 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FST2M6Click Here to visit 1FST2M6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1FST2M6Direct Link to This Post
For a Dynojet Center Near you.. scroll down..

ILLINOIS

Anderson Ford Motorsport
P. O. Box 638
Rt. 10 West
Clinton 61727
Tel. 217-935-3106

A T R
550 N. Chicago St.
Joliet 60432
Tel. 815-726-7866

APG Performance
364 E. Irving Park
Wood Dale 60191
Tel. 630-350-8981

Auto Moto Sports
2440 East Oakton St.
Arlington Heights, 60005
Tel. 847-427-9422

Cerra Racing
21501 Briar Bluff Rd
Colona 61241
Tel. 309-949-3445

D & M Corvette Specialists, LTD.
1804 Ogden Ave.
Downers Grove 60515
Tel. 630-968-0031

Finish Line Performance
10 South 059 Schoger
Naperville, 60564
Tel. 630-820-9294

Gene's Automotive
13504 Landolt Road
Highland, 62249
Tel. 618-675-3561

High Speed Performance
9955 South Virginia
Chicago Ridge, 60415
Tel. 708-499-5220

Judge Brothers Racing
209 W. North Ave.
Villa Park 60181
Tel. 630-993-1088

Oil-Chem Research Corp.
6800 W. 73rd St.
Bedford Park 60638
Tel. 708-728-0028

Performance Tech. Center
55 Gaylord
Elk Grove Village 60007
Tel. 847-228-7256

Precise Auto Truck Svc.
3054 N California
Chicago 60618
Tel. 773-588-0111

R & T Unlimited
1100 Falcon Court Unit B
Peoria, 61615
Tel. 309-691-7609

S Automotive, Inc.
4977 Torque Drive
Loves Park 61111
Tel. 815-633-1895
Email: snooksrace@a.net

Speed Inc.
1107-5 Lunt Ave
Schaumburg, 60193
Tel. 847-891-0767

Street Stuff Automotive
633 S. Addison
Addison 60101
Tel. 630-832-3773

Turbo Connection
103 Second Ave.
Edwardsville 62025
Tel. 618-659-0102

UTI
601 Regency Drive
Glendale Heights 60139
Tel. 630-529-2662

Willy's Carburetor & Dyno Shop
1000 Market Street
Mt. Carmel 62863
Tel. 618-262-8021

crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2002 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
Okay, thanks, it looks like Schaumburg and Arlington Heights are the two closest to us here. You can delete all that stuff.

Dave

PFF
System Bot
NasaGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2002 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NasaGTSend a Private Message to NasaGTDirect Link to This Post
Bump....
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2002 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

Dave asked me to post to this thread tonight. Today Dave finally had his car 100% complete. And at about 4pm this afternoon he took off for VA to meet up with his buddies and have a little "thing" with his car this weekend.

In other words he & his bud's are all gonna get together and beat on his car this weekend.

Here are some pictures

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2002 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
I Also have VIDEO.........check these 2 videos out.......& let me know if they come out ok
http://v8archie.com/videos/dave9.avi
http://v8archie.com/videos/dave10.avi
http://v8archie.com/videos/dave11.avi

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 09-22-2002).]

85frankenstein

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85frankensteinClick Here to visit 85frankenstein's HomePageSend a Private Message to 85frankensteinDirect Link to This Post
HOLY SHITE! I need to see this car up close and personal! Yep, the vids turned out just fine!
JEDI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JEDISend a Private Message to JEDIDirect Link to This Post
WOW! Simply stunning. That car is a work of art. Dave, you have one amazing machine. Archie you are truly a fine craftsmen. My hats off to both you!

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Im missing all, wait, 1/2 of the fun, all I get is the sound (but wow anyway!)

First I had a 4 cyl, then I made my car a V6, now its a V6 DOHC, care to guess whats next? (when I can afford it)

------------------
Matt D
1984 Indy Fiero 4sp.
1985 2m4 now equipt with a 1996 3.4 DOHC.

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
Wow, now I see why he goes by crazydave !!

Man, that thing looks like it really hauls!!!

------------------

1988GT T-Tops, 5spd, everything but power seat

artherd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
Wannah! Can you post MPEGs? I can't view the movies!!!

PS: If that ain't Grand Sport Blue, I dunno WHAT it is!

Car looks good though, like the wheels <GRIN, WINK, NUDGE!>

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon

LS1swap

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2002 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LS1swapClick Here to visit LS1swap's HomePageSend a Private Message to LS1swapDirect Link to This Post
Looks Great Dave I would still like to see it in person sometime.( I am on dial up so movie are tuff for me) When you take it to the dyno post the results. Don't let your friends beat on it too much. I sure you know proper break in procedures so I wont state them or lecture you on them,, but an engine ran too hard to fast leads to an oil user. What did you decide to use to break it in Dino or synthetic. I know there is always a big debate over that and I am not sure myself which is best. I opted for synthetic. I think the rings will still cut

------------------
LS1 in and running :)

http://ls1swap.tripod.com/

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay