Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Crazy Dave's ZZ430 FI Build Progress (Page 6)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
Crazy Dave's ZZ430 FI Build Progress by crazyd
Started on: 07-25-2002 04:22 PM
Replies: 249
Last post by: crazyd on 04-03-2004 08:40 PM
crazyd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2002 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post

I'll let everyone know the status on the MSUTV show as soon as we get it all firmed up.

Nothing is ever simple when I'm around. It's like a curse or something. Can somebody check my curse accumulator?

Dave

[This message has been edited by crazyd (edited 04-20-2003).]

IP: Logged
Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2002 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crazyd:

Nothing is ever simple when I'm around. It's like a curse or something. Can somebody check my curse accumulator?

Dave

Don't know about the curse accumulator thingy, but you might wanna try carrying some maps around with you

Tina

BTW Thanks for letting me tool around in it...Hell of a ride

crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2002 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
Yep, ya just had to endure my drunken crooning.
1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Direct Link to This Post
How goes the build?
crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2002 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
It's put away for the winter. Would YOU want to drive that in Chicago salt slush?

Dave

crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2003 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
03/29/03 - The Chicago winter has for the most part come to a close, and I've brought myself out of reclusivity and the blue monster out of hibernation. When I put it away in November it was at 6200 miles. The clutch is still holding up with absolutely zero problems and the Getrag, with GM trans fluid and output support bearings, still shifts smoothly and tolerates the abuse of this engine with aplomb.

The engine, however, is only about 75% dialed-in and is in need of some wideband O2 dyno tuning to get it 100% for this upcoming season. Can anyone recommend a shop in the Chicago/Rockford/Milwaukee area that can do wideband O2 tuning and deal with the reprogramming of a '92 F-body engine computer and MAP TPI setup? This is a removable EPROM chip-based configuration, unlike the tune-on-the-fly computers of '94 and later with MAF. I have tried the remote reprogrammings that use an inline datalogger or manual data chart, but those rely upon the limited feedback of the narrowband O2 sensor on the engine and can't get it as close as wideband O2 tuning can. This thing really needs a sniffer up the pipe.

Thanks,
Dave

FieroLT1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2003 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLT1Click Here to visit FieroLT1's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLT1Direct Link to This Post
Good to hear the monster is back on the prawl Dave.

As far as the PCM, I don't know of anyone here in the Milwaukee area with that capability. But, I would think in CHI, there has to be a few good pro-racing shops that will do that. Check with your local Vette club see if they know anyone.

Hope you come back soon even stronger.

------------------
Winston Ojeda
88 Fiero Formula LT1
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
http://www.FieroLT1.com
Home of the Fiero LT1

WikedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2003 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WikedV6Send a Private Message to WikedV6Direct Link to This Post
Hey Dave give these guys a call, they are in Joliet ATR motorsports 815-726-7866. We normally dyno our Buicks there, good guys.

Good Luck
Prasad

------------------
87SE 2.8 w/5speed(waiting for a 3.8 Buick GN setup trasplant)
85SE 2.5 w/5speed
1987 Buick GN(10.70@124MPH)
1987 Trans Am SBC 355cid Twin Turbo(no track times yet)
1992 GMC Typhoon(13.20@ 99mph)
Other cars; JaguarXJ6 & Mercedes AMG 500SEC

[This message has been edited by WikedV6 (edited 03-31-2003).]

crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2003 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
Weekend update, I've been doing more tuning on the car over the past few days. Each time, I used the Corvette as my comparison. On Thursday, the car could of course beat it out of the hole, but the C5 would quickly catch up and pass it. Not a good sign. So I went back and worked on it some more. I found and fixed some problems and did more testing. By Friday it still wasn't keeping up with the Corvette, but I took it down to a hotrodder hangout anyway. I sent out scouts to sniff for a race, but couldn't get ANY takers at all. Everyone heard the car rumbling its way into the lot and nobody would touch it. Still, it was a fun night to hang out.

Saturday I put more time into it, looking for why it was lagging the Vette and running rich. I found a loose wire to the O2 sensor and burned off a bunch of soot on it. My initial test drives said it was a definite improvement, so late Saturday evening I lined up the Vette with it again to see. Finally, it beat the Vette hands down. Time to go back to the hotrodder hangout.

Once again my arrival didn't go unnoticed, and a crowd had gathered in interest. After some small talk I sent out more scouts to find a challenger, but couldn't find one. Then, one came back and told me a guy with an 03 Z06 was up for it. I went over to talk to him, and he said he would do it if he could run with his traction control system on, and he wanted to put $25 on it. I declined on the cash but agreed to let him use his TCS.

We proceeded to the strip, with a couple other cars in tow. He took a warm-up run with a new Mustang Cobra and beat him by a comfortable margin. I got lined up and waited. The Z06 came back and lined up next to me, and the hands fell.

The Fiero launched hard and took off, getting an early lead with minimal drama - little more than a tire chirp off the line. The Z06 did a lot of spinning and smoking, just as he had against the Cobra, and I was already two car lengths ahead by the time he got enough traction to try to catch up. It was too late by then. The ZZ430 comes on cam at about 3500rpm and it's like having secondaries, the thrust builds all the way to its current 6300rpm redline. Shift to second and the tires chirp in momentary protest, the engine stays in its powerband back to redline. Shift to third and the fun continues across the finish line. I beat him by at least two carlengths - I watched him the whole time in my rearview mirror. Game over.

I went back to the hangout but the Z06 wasn't there. I guess I'd sent him packing. I felt kinda bad for a while for laying a fellow Corvette owner to waste with a Fiero, but it was otherwise too satisfying for that feeling to last long.

I also had an impromptu race with a late model Grand Prix GTP while I was leading a bunch of cars over to the strip. The driver was a young kid who surprised me when I wasn't even expecting a race until I heard his blower wind up as the light turned green. So I punched it and walked away from him as well. At the next light we rolled the windows down and he yelled over, "That was sick! My boost is cranked up and I couldn't even keep up with you! What the hell do you have in there?!"

I just smiled and drove off.

Dave

OutlawFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2003 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OutlawFieroClick Here to visit OutlawFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OutlawFieroDirect Link to This Post
It is good to hear from you Dave.

------------------
Help, Someone has lit a Fiero in my a#@!

SplineZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2003 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SplineZClick Here to visit SplineZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to SplineZDirect Link to This Post
I want your car, ehhe

being able to walk a Z06 is uhh... Pretty damn good
Nice kill.. in an appropriate way!

GTP: stop picking on the wee ones ;P gj!

JZ

------------------

- 2.8v6, 5spd
- no cat, msd ignition/coil, K&N

PFF
System Bot
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2003 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear you have some of the bugs worked out!!! For some reason those Z06 guys really like to hide when they get spanked by a Fiero! What's even funnier is the Mustang Cobra boys, they just get a stunned look on their face, and don't know what to do!

------------------

Click to Listen!

FieroLT1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2003 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLT1Click Here to visit FieroLT1's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLT1Direct Link to This Post
What a great story Dave!
You have experienced what most of use only dream about.
You bring pride to ever Fiero V8 out there.

Here is to you and you "Blue Monster".

------------------
Winston Ojeda
88 Fiero Formula LT1
Home of the Fiero LT1

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post04-13-2003 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mosinee88GT:

Here are the videos in mpeg format. Archie you can copy them to your server if you want or just leave them here, either way.
http://fiero.dyns.net/~ivan/fiero/dave9.mpg
http://fiero.dyns.net/~ivan/fiero/dave10.mpg
http://fiero.dyns.net/~ivan/fiero/dave11.mpg

[This message has been edited by Mosinee88GT (edited 09-26-2002).]

I just spent the better part of an hour downloading the latest quicktime and I can't play the .avi version of these files. So, I tried the .wmv version, and Microsoft says that installing IE is mandatory to download the proper decompressor for that format. The links to the .mpg files are dead. So, why can't somebody post these in a normal, works all the time format? The quicktime format from two years ago works just fine, the .mpg from two years ago works just fime. This latest and greatest stuff is getting to be a real pain.

JazzMan

crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2003 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jazz,

I have the videos re-hosted on my ZZ430 webpage.

You can view them here: http://web2.crazydave.org:81/zz430-gt

Dave

[This message has been edited by crazyd (edited 04-13-2003).]

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post04-13-2003 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Hey Jazz,

I have the videos re-hosted on my ZZ430 webpage.

You can view them here: [URL=http://web2.crazydave.org:81/zz4

30-gt]http://web2.crazydave.org:81/zz430-gt[/URL]

Dave

[This message has been edited by crazyd (edited 04-13-2003).]

Thanks, those worked perfectly. Quite impressive. Maybe someday when I get into the big-budget league I'll have something that much fun.

JazzMan

rgeeinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rgeeincSend a Private Message to rgeeincDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see your back out on the street Dave, Sounds like the car is running good. I'm still working on mine to try to tune it and get the most out of it. Trying to come up with a better performance chip. Let me know if you come up with any ideas about our tuning. I am probably having the same problems you had. I feel the car could do more. Any tips would be appreciated
Nice run on the Z06.
Bob
crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2003 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
Bob, what have you done so far? Have you tried doing a wideband O2 dyno run? I think your ECM's programming would be well outside of its window for the upgrades you've done and would need major recalibration. S/D systems can only handle about a 3% change.

There's a place in SC that does reprogramming mail order for about $100, you might want to check them out.

Alvin P. Anderson
Chips@pcmforless.com www.PCMFORLESS.com
(910) 964-8398

(thanks to Winston Ojeda for this tip!)

Dave

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2003 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

The Fiero launched hard and took off, getting an early lead with minimal drama - little more than a tire chirp off the line. The Z06 did a lot of spinning and smoking, just as he had against the Cobra, and I was already two car lengths ahead by the time he got enough traction to try to catch up. It was too late by then. The ZZ430 comes on cam at about 3500rpm and it's like having secondaries, the thrust builds all the way to its current 6300rpm redline. Shift to second and the tires chirp in momentary protest, the engine stays in its powerband back to redline. Shift to third and the fun continues across the finish line. I beat him by at least two carlengths - I watched him the whole time in my rearview mirror. Game over.

Dave

X Sounds like a good X Kill Dave.

One X can only imagine X how badly a really X fast Fiero could X have beat him. X

I'll bet that X ZO6 owner is wishing X that he'd bought a X Fiero.

X Nice kill Dave X

ArchieX

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2003 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
X
FieroLT1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2003 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLT1Click Here to visit FieroLT1's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLT1Direct Link to This Post
I must be slow this morning, but I don't get the X joke.

Maybe Archies X key was stickin' ?

I need my coffee.

------------------
Winston Ojeda
88 Fiero Formula LT1
Home of the Fiero LT1

PFF
System Bot
crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2003 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to preface this by saying that a lot of folks refer to their cars as beasts after doing modifications to them. I haven't heard of anyone call a modified 4cyl a beast yet, but some near-stock V6 cars have been referred to this way, and this dilutes the meaning when referring to a car which has truly been reborn with something an unholy degree meaner under the hood.

I'd also like to mention that anybody who has ever attempted to push the limits understands that it is never as easy as it seems, and there are implementation challenges no matter how well you think you've planned it out ahead of time or how easy it should be in theory.

My goal has been an honest, naturally-aspirated 400hp (or more) Fiero that has 100% daily street drivability, 100,000-mile durability, and nothing to give away what is under the hood - especially to have a quiet exhaust. The accomplishment of all that is no small feat.

Today I found and solved all the remaining issues with my engine and injection system, both drivability and performance, and even got a little scanner time on it. I'd like to thank Chuck (MotorTV), Archie, Eric (AOB), and Winston (FieroLT1) for their help and suggestions in dealing with these issues.

Right now, it's even better than it was last weekend. I got rid of a miss and reduced power that turned out to be rotor contact corrosion on the distributor cap. I smoothed out the fuel delivery (according to the fuel pressure gage, at least) with a new fuel filter, from the previous one clogging by the pump sucking the crap out of the bottom of the tank from running out of gas a couple times. My Speedhut Indiglo gages are to blame for that, by the way. I topped it off with an injector cleaning and a plug-wire rerouting to cure a heat issue. The computer is now clear of codes and staying clear, and the scanner shows zero spark retard, no false knock readings, and a block learn only slightly on the rich side at around 116. The computer no longer seems to be compensating for things being out of whack like it has been.

I have been in ZR-1 Corvettes, Lingenfelter C5's, Viper GTS's, highly modified F-bodies, and numerous other cars over the years. Nothing I've ever been in has launched this hard, pulled this hard, wound so high, and been so cheek-flatteningly fast as this without nitrous or some other power-booster.

Archie drove it, and his comments surprised even me. I'll let him share his thoughts on it if he chooses.

It's definitely ready for a dragstrip run now, when mother nature cooperates. More videos are also forthcoming. Stay tuned.

Dave

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2003 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait to hear/see what kind of strip times you get with the fully functional package! I bet that car is an absolute blast to go cruising in, worth every penny.....aah, someday. Someday in the not too distant future, if all goes well.

Bryce
88 GT

Tina

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2003 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear you made some progress

That means that your coming to the Dells, right?

Tina

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2003 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie drove it, and his comments surprised even me. I'll let him share his thoughts on it if he chooses.

Dave

When I drove it yesterXday I had several good 1st to 2nd & 2nd to 3rd powershifts wXith the throttle on the fXloor. All I said was that rideX reminded me of why I got into this V-8 swap stuff in the 1st placeX

ArchXie

------------------

doriftu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2003 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doriftuSend a Private Message to doriftuDirect Link to This Post
omg . . .

omg . . .

omg . . .

You guys (archie and crazyd) are my heros. You have restored my faith in the Pontic Fiero as a platform for making power. I nearly needed a new pair of pants when I watched the videos, crazyd. Call me nuts, but it looks like we have a new snake killer on our hands, and I don't mean just cobras . . .

Tina

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2003 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doriftu:

. . . when I watched the videos . . .

One of those days I will be able to too.
Not happening with the dial up I got now though

You know
come to think of it
Perhaps I need to do a comparison, you know before and after.

Tina

crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2003 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
Anybody who thinks that a small-block can't rev like a 32-valve V8 needs to feel this thing pull to 6500rpm. It's insane, and awesome fun. If it doesn't get your blood pumping like a 12,000 foot skydive, or sex in Central Park, then you're already dead.
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2003 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Anybody who thinks that a small-block can't rev like a 32-valve V8 needs to feel this thing pull to 6500rpm. It's insane, and awesome fun. If it doesn't get your blood pumping like a 12,000 foot skydive, or sex in Central Park, then you're already dead.

Selling tickets?
crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2003 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tina:
One of those days I will be able to (watch the videos) too.
Not happening with the dial up I got now though

Oh please, the first three videos are smaller than a floppy disk!

You know come to think of it
Perhaps I need to do a comparison, you know before and after.

Don't forget our awesome pizza and nightlife here in Chicago too! What other excuses do you need?

Dave

[This message has been edited by crazyd (edited 04-20-2003).]

FieroLT1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2003 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLT1Click Here to visit FieroLT1's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLT1Direct Link to This Post
Glad to hear you are back Dave.
Maybe we can got to Great Lakes some night bringing all big and bad!

------------------
Winston Ojeda
88 Fiero Formula LT1
Home of the Fiero LT1

PFF
System Bot
crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2003 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
You're on!
rgeeinc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2003 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rgeeincSend a Private Message to rgeeincDirect Link to This Post

Bob, what have you done so far? Have you tried doing a wideband O2 dyno run? I think your ECM's programming would be well outside of its window for the upgrades you've done and would need major recalibration. S/D systems can only handle about a 3% change.

There's a place in SC that does reprogramming mail order for about $100, you might want to check them out.

Alvin P. Anderson
Chips@pcmforless.com www.PCMFORLESS.com
(910) 964-8398

(thanks to Winston Ojeda for this tip!)

Dave

Dave, I have work out some of the proplems, and have talked to Alvin from Pcforless.com We have come up with a fix for the rest of the problems. Like you said, I think the modifications are too much for the S/D.
This will work out after the chip change, Just waiting for it to get here. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the update.
Bob

crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2003 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
Hope it works out, Bob! Then you'll need to spin a dyno drum so we know what it'll do.

fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2003 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
Crazy D, you should get out to great lakes soon! I want 1/4 mile times!! You might want to bring a video camera along for the rest of us that cant see you whoop some as in person!

------------------
That's the extent of my intellect
www.geocities.com/j_depies
step into the fiero kingdom

Seanpaul

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2003 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanpaulSend a Private Message to SeanpaulDirect Link to This Post

Early images of the '88 GT auto donor car:

Wow Fiero heaven..!? Is there truly such a place, where old unfortunate forgotten Fieros can join as one!..
Waiting for a saint to come along and rescue her. Where is this fiero heaven..???

FieroLT1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2003 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroLT1Click Here to visit FieroLT1's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroLT1Direct Link to This Post
I believe what you are seeing is the place where old and tired Fieros come to die a peaceful death.
Only to come back reincanated in a beautiful body with a very, very powerful soul.

At Archie's Shop,
I thought I saw once
at the main shop entrance
a sign that had:

Ease your grief, she will not be gone
For a a new heart, will be put on.
Your smile, your laugh, in a special way,
Will comfort you, driving me, day to day.

You'll feel my presence with every shift,
That dances gently through downtown streets.
And it's your face that you shall see
Is your reflection on my wind shield.

If at any time the pain you can't bear
Please find some comfort
There will be, horsepower to spare.

by Winston Ojeda
FieroLT1

------------------
Winston Ojeda
88 Fiero Formula LT1
Home of the Fiero LT1

[This message has been edited by FieroLT1 (edited 04-23-2003).]

ImmortalFirefly

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2003 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ImmortalFireflyClick Here to visit ImmortalFirefly's HomePageSend a Private Message to ImmortalFireflyDirect Link to This Post
Very....nice.....car.....

ImmortalFirefly

crazyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2003 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
Latest update on the car is that the headers have been replaced with ram-horn cast iron exhaust manifolds to solve some heat management issues and quiet the car down to where I want it. Archie made a heat shield for the bottom of the trunk, above where the second catalytic converter and two mufflers sat, and it has cooled the internal trunk temperature to a very acceptable 110 degrees in spite of only 3" of clearance to the exhaust units.

The twin-48mm throttle body that's choking off this motor will shortly be replaced with a billet aluminum twin-58mm BBK.

At that point I'll decide if ECM tuning is still necessary.

11k miles and the SPEC clutch still feels like-new.

A word of advice to anyone who has gone to upgraded wheels with rim-protecting tires - getting an alignment is a MAJOR pain!

Dave

STRATOHACKER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2003 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for STRATOHACKERSend a Private Message to STRATOHACKERDirect Link to This Post
Dave,
I met you at the 20th and I really dug your car. Good to see an update on it. Regarding the rim protector tires I have been unfortunate enough to have to do alignments on car with them and yes it is a real PITA
Richey
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock