Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Enterra "Dark Shadow" Restore Thread (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Enterra "Dark Shadow" Restore Thread by Lady Lisa
Started on: 06-11-2012 09:44 AM
Replies: 640 (43490 views)
Last post by: FIERO JOHN-WI on 04-15-2019 08:49 PM
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

It's hard to see in this pic but it has a second trunk that is removable. this is a plus becuase the main trunk will have the T tops in it when they are off.

Thx guys for the trunk insert pics as I didn't notice that before.

Forgive my ignorance but the T-Tops don't store up front like the sunroof?

Haha...Another LS7 / F40....
IP: Logged
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no its just going to be a LS? Auto

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 06-07-2013).]

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

no its just going to be a LS? Auto

Neoice...Someone said it was the year of the LS4..We will see soon enough.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We built some coilovers.

And we fitted the wheels to see how much room we had. We have about 1/4" & we plan to add .180" spacers for these "shop rollers".

Then, once again, it's all about bodywork.

Fiberglassing door skins to get ready to do the new door handles.

After cutting out some of the fiberglass door panel. We cut a pc. of cardboard to fill the hole & hot glued it in. We glassed the outside of the panel & then removed the cardboard.

That left the outside looking like this

Then we glassed the inside....

Then another layer of glass on the outside....

Then it's more sanding & filling on the body.

Kris worked on the edges of the hood & around the headlight doors.

He also worked on the edges where the panels fit up to each other.

When doing the edges, Kris will put tape on the best edge. Then use filler on the opposite edge.

Then after careful sanding, remove the part, remove the tape then reinstall the part for a nice edge.

Then as necessary, we'll do the oposite edges.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update Archie, BTW Lisa picked out the seats for the car today.
Did the new turn signals arrive?

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the update Archie, BTW Lisa picked out the seats for the car today.
Did the new turn signals arrive?

Yes they did.

A
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I know it's been a week already.

Times sure fun we you're having flies.

We only got a few days in on it last week.

Mostly sanding & finishing of panels & edges.

The mounting flange on the top mounting of the front fenders was kinda thin & beatup. Kris added a layer or 2 of f-glass to them & finished 'em.

And you can see that the front edges were finished where they meet the nose.

Also finished the rest of the edges where the wing meets the decklid.

Then we put the car on the lift so Kris can work on finishing the lower bodywork

I can't wait to put the tail lights in...

The lower bodywork & the rocker panels will be easier to get to on the lift.

The nose fits up to the front edges of the fenders real nicely.

You might remember how the headlight doors rattled because there wasn't sufficient bump stops to rest against. This shows the new lip with the new bump stops in it.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking good

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This idea would look prety cool on your Enterra I think The LED's mounted to the front of a trimmed back light cover ?

------------------

Love The Excitement! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
interesting Idea . We are already working on a minor nose job for the Enterra, nothing major.
Thanks for your continued input! please don't stop keep em coming!

PFF
System Bot
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

interesting Idea . We are already working on a minor nose job for the Enterra, nothing major.
Thanks for your continued input! please don't stop keep em coming!

Will do

------------------

Love The Excitement! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just picked up a motor with 10 miles on it . It's a LS_
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time for a few updates:
as stated in my earlier post we got lucky and picked up a LS4
“NEW TAKE OUT FROM TRANSIT DAMAGED VEHICLE ** ONLY 10 ACTUAL MILES**”

Then this to go on top:

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

The seats:

to be recovered to this:

to go with this:

in this color configuration

new front turn signals:

next the upgraded trans..............

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 03-06-2013).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

diabloroadster

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im glad that intake went to a good home, he had been trying to sell to me for my LS4.
What are your plans for a cam and converter to work with that intake?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by diabloroadster:

Im glad that intake went to a good home, he had been trying to sell to me for my LS4.
What are your plans for a cam and converter to work with that intake?

Troy already has the intake going for chrome plating, so it will be a little while before we have it here.

We're going to eliminate the DOD & put some kind of mild cam in it. We're not looking to build a race car out of it, Lisa retired from drag racing a few years ago. She'd like 350+/- HP to get it up near LS2 power levels. We're looking into getting a correct trans. built & I was figuring on getting the converter built too.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Coming out totally awesome.

Troy just curious, if it were not for the t-tops, would you or Lisa have had the car chopped ??
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Uhmm.. Good question, I'm not sure but we wouldn't trade a t-top for a 2nd choptop. In fact if it were not for the Enterra we wouldn't have gone for a 2nd fiero.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The seats:

Is the driver side power or manual ?

I hope Archie does a very detailed description on how these are mounted. Those seats are Awesome !

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 03-13-2013).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2013 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, the drivers seat is power
PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2013 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
troy, you have e-mail.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The last week has included more of the sanding & filling.

We've found that shaping the rocker panels is taking a bit of time. They have some waves in the top & outside surfaces
& elbow grease is all we have to make them right. They have been a bit of a job to match up the rockers to the shape
of the body panels just above the rockers & keep the car symetrical on both sides.

We also have been filling & shaping the door panels.

You also can see some spot filling (pink areas) which means we're getting close.

Moving on to the muffler cover, we needed to build up some more fiberglass along the edges that will get fasteners

Then after re-fitting that part, we found that one of the ribs was not following the contour of the panel (it was sagging)

So we glassed in a ribbed steel reinforcement bar into the inside of the rib.

Because of some other mods that we are going to do to the body, it was felt that we needed to move the bumper in. After some
measuring & fitting, we determined that we could modify the current mounting & move the bumper in 1-1/2" & that's where we
have it in these pics. To move it in any farther we will have to find & build a new way to mount the bumper.

Note that as we move the bumper in, the gaps at the ends of the bumper will get wider as they have here...

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 03-16-2013).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sweet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2013 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

...You also can see some spot filling (pink areas) which means we're getting close.

Archie

OH man cant wait to see it painted!
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2013 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is probably going to be the best fitting / looking Enterra ever done, good work.

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie: What size wheels are those (offset/width)?? Also, What's holding the coil-over spring perch up, shouldn't it be down lower on the strut, making it closer to the wheel??

Bob
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Archie: What size wheels are those (offset/width)?? Also, What's holding the coil-over spring perch up, shouldn't it be down lower on the strut, making it closer to the wheel??

Bob

On the threaded sleve subject.... we are using stock style struts & trimming off the splash guard but leaving the weld bead. The sleve slides over the bead & sits over it. We are using a short (8") coil (a longer coil won't clear the wheel).

These wheels are 17" x 11" with a +24mm offset.

Hope that helps.

Archie
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanx Archie...That helps
JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good love the intake. I'll put money on it you will be well over 350 horse when your done it is 300 stock with a really shitty intake. I say this because everytime I look at mine the way gm necked it down I just shake my head what the were you thinking. Archie if your looking there is a guy in canada that makes turbo kits for the LS4 not that your interested in that but he builds the ls4 tranny up to take it machines the case for more 3rd gear clutches does alot more than Ive seen else where. good luck nice build
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JPH87:

Looking good love the intake. I'll put money on it you will be well over 350 horse when your done it is 300 stock with a really shitty intake. I say this because everytime I look at mine the way gm necked it down I just shake my head what the were you thinking. Archie if your looking there is a guy in canada that makes turbo kits for the LS4 not that your interested in that but he builds the ls4 tranny up to take it machines the case for more 3rd gear clutches does alot more than Ive seen else where. good luck nice build

I'm in the market right now for the transmission. I want to order the transmission this week so if someone has some suggestions, we would like to hear them.

Thanks

Archie
PFF
System Bot
JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cartuning performance I think his name is Kevin call (888) POWRFUL.
Local customers please call (416) 863-TUNE.

[This message has been edited by JPH87 (edited 03-26-2013).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2013 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 04-03-2013).]

BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When are you planning to Primer/final sand? I look forwards to seeing the pictures!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we still have a long way to go

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2013 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 05-31-2013).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2013 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Over a few days we're building a new decklid scoop from flat Fiberglass sheets we made.

We decided that we needed the outside walls at a 60 degree angle.

The plan is for the scoop opening to be 1.5" tall with a 1/2" rolled lip at the front.

We put a stiffening rib on the underside & made the top of the scoop have about a 1/2" rise in the top.

Fiberglassing it on...

While working on this we are also working on a new front bumper. I might post up on that when we get along a bit on it.

Archie

Lady Lisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2013 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady LisaSend a Private Message to Lady LisaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, Thanks so much for the updates. This car is taking shape and is looking like I envisioned and you guys are doing excellent work. Keep it going....
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2013 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock