Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Enterra "Dark Shadow" Restore Thread (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Enterra "Dark Shadow" Restore Thread by Lady Lisa
Started on: 06-11-2012 09:44 AM
Replies: 640 (43488 views)
Last post by: FIERO JOHN-WI on 04-15-2019 08:49 PM
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

...it surely must be one of the two really cool things ever to come out of Canada no?

Oh yeah, the Enterra Vipre rates right up there with Justin Bieber.

IP: Logged
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hehe so we have you guys to thank for dear old Justin Beiber huh..... Thanks for nothin'!! hehe peace

Pete
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2012 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lisa what do you think about these side marker lights
http://www.phastekperforman...o-sidemarkers-gh.htm

these should look sweet on a black car
Lady Lisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2012 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady LisaSend a Private Message to Lady LisaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I likes . Hopefully Archie will like it too!
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2012 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Oh yeah, the Enterra Vipre rates right up there with Justin Bieber.

Justin Bieber's Canadian?!! SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edit: One of the best looking custom fiero rebodies for sure!

[This message has been edited by Reallybig (edited 06-13-2012).]

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2012 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Over a month, no new posts... what's happening?
michhiker28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2012 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for michhiker28Send a Private Message to michhiker28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! Best of luck, and we'll be watching :-)

-MH
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2012 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd love to see a chopped version of this body style, maybe someone can photoCHOP it.
Lady Lisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2012 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady LisaSend a Private Message to Lady LisaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know it's been awhile since my last post....Troy's car is still being worked on. Gotta wait my turm.
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
your turn ?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

your turn ?

PFF
System Bot
hairballrm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hairballrmClick Here to visit hairballrm's HomePageSend a Private Message to hairballrmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had an opportunity to own an Enterra several years ago and did not seize it.
oops

I think quad Hellas would be the ticket for this car.
Forgive me, my Photoshopping skills are weak,

------------------
"Now you too can see in the dark."
http://projectorretrofit.com/

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hairballrm:

I had an opportunity to own an Enterra several years ago and did not seize it.
oops

I think quad Hellas would be the ticket for this car.
Forgive me, my Photoshopping skills are weak,

She agrees and has had them on her wishlist for a few weeks...... Man that list is growing.
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This should turn out VERY nice. I always liked the Enterra - parts of it kind of remind me of many cars. Fiat X1/9, Delorean, Ferrari 288 GTO, and Vector W2.

------------------

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
welcome! i've always wanted to see a nice enterra build
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LadyLisa,
keep the pics and updates coming.....i can't wait to see it done!
al
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Lisa what do you think about these side marker lights
http://www.phastekperforman...o-sidemarkers-gh.htm

these should look sweet on a black car

Nice. The blacked out side markers will look evil with a black painted car.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bump,
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2012 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Santa just ordered some parts for Lisa's car, I hear Archie's...... I mean Santa's elvs are ready to start the restore.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 11-19-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Santa just ordered some parts for Lisa's car, I hear Archie's...... I mean Santa's elvs are ready to start the restore.

Man i can't wait to see this one !!
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2012 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's hear it for the elves

PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Enterra is a very interesting and rare automobile. I believe that less than 30 of them are still known to exist. The one that you have looks like it has a Fiero V6 but everything I've read about the car says that they were also made with SBC's.
I am certain that Archie and crew will have it looking stellar.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 11-25-2012).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

The one that you have looks like it has a Fiero V6 but everything I've read about the car says that they were also made with SBC's.

Any V8 in an Enterra Vipre would've been custom installed sometime after the car had left the Enterra assembly plant.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 11-25-2012).]

Lady Lisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2012 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady LisaSend a Private Message to Lady LisaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After much deliberation, I have decided to keep the car in its original color and have picked new wheels. I think it looks good. Give feedback. As you can see, we are new to Photoshop, if someone who is experienced with it could tweet the photo better and make the front bumper black, I would be grateful. Rumor has it that she is about to go under the knife...will keep you posted.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Niiiiiice !

The wheels are very modern and stylish IMO.

Can't wait to see more.
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow!!
I like it just as you have it pictured....with rims and white bumper.
How about a nice pearl white....awsome!!!!!
Those rims are perfect.
Al
Lady Lisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady LisaSend a Private Message to Lady LisaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am considering white with black accent scheme for the car. I am definately open to peal white paint just as long as it is bright enough. I am looking into whose paint would set it off. Any suggestions on paint that provides depth and doesn't give a dingny look would be appreciated.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the white concept. For a non-metallic paint, I like Chrysler/Dodge's Bright White. My 97 Dakota is still nice and white and it's an outside truck. Never garaged.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lisa,
I like where you are going with this. Personally I LOVE a white clean looking sportscar. If I ever get the cash my notchie will be white as can be seen in my photoshop in my build thread that has not been updated in FAR TOO LONG. Anyways, as you are aware there are many many different white colors out there. I once saw a white Lamborghini Murcielago that was white with a kind of pearlescent in it that looked amazing. Here is another suggestion tho, I used to be big into sportbikes and had quite a few Yamaha sportbikes including a 1992 Yamaha FZR1000 which was a pearlescent white with red and black accents. It looked amazing.... Most importantly the WHITE was very smooth looking. It was apparently sprayed over with some kinda pearl that was very very subtle. It looked white from a distance but up close you could see the pearl in the paint and I loved it. I could see that beautiful car with that paint on it with subtle black accents looking amazing. Good luck with it either way you go. Here is a link to a picture of the bike I am talking about. Peace

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuz3TI3nxEc2aXmX6kSkqB3l6CiiVNiVQ5j95Ebon7cLpwkElR

Pete
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the white color and the wheels as well. Just know what you're getting into if you go with pearls... too much and the paint gets a "tobacco stain" yellow appearance at shallow viewing angles. IMHO, I've found that pearls and metal flake these days are way over done. It's actually a nice change to see a solid color on a car... but to each his (or her) own!
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have had the opportunity to own a few of them over the years, but it just never turned my crank. I kinda regret not buying the one for $1500 that was for sale in Surrey BC about 10 years ago, it was owned buy a younger kid in our Fiero club. To him it was nothing more than a cool car with a body kit and treated it like a Civic with a body kit. I felt bad for the car.

The one thing I never liked about the car and this is just personal are the tail lights, when the car was being designed, like the Fiero they used what they could of "off the shelf" GM parts. The tail lights are actually from a mid 80's Chevy Cavalier. So if you ever need replacements they are at least cheap and easy to find. However I feel those lights kinda cheapen the car. Kinda like putting Chevy Chevette parts on a Corvette. Its just not right.

The gloss black Enterra was built by another local club member, Bob Mackie and he installed a 283ci V8 with a carb into it. (I am sorry I can't remember the exact specs, but it was under 300ci) He wanted a High Revving V8 for the car. They did one hell of a job, I was lucky enough to turn wrench's on that car for a bit helping with the V8 install. There is actually a really good back story on the V8 Kit and Archie with that one. The person that built the Black one ordered a V8 Archie Kit, however while he had the kit waiting to go onto the car, another local BC person got his hands on the kit and did a piece by piece copy of the kit, then tried to re-sell the copies. It ended in a near fist fight at a club meeting between Bob and the copier person. The person doing the copying, was kicked out of the club, Archie threatened to sue over it, and eventually over all the drama Bob sold the Enterra to a person in the states and left the club. He also designed the Enterra Vipre website and it was included in the sale. I won't mention the name of the business that tried to sell the copies, but I believe the Fiero community in general revolted and he is no longer in business.

Bob did a TON of research into building the Black V8 Enterra with restoring it and making it perfect. I always loved the center exit exhaust. I might still have contact info for Bob Mackie I believe he lives in Alberta now, if you want to contact him. He is no longer into Fiero's and plays with 240 and 280z's. However he still loves to talk about the Old Days. Because the Enterra were designed and built about 10 miles from where I live, I still see them pop up from time to time, and always forward the sale info onto the local club guys. Its a unique car with a unique and sorted heritage. Kinda reminds me of the Delorean story.

I am glad that you are restoring another one, and have a master doing the work. I don't think there is anything on the planet I wouldn't trust Archie to do. I've always said if I won the lottery I would get a train car, fill it with our 5 Fiero's and send them on their way to him along with $250,000 for mods. (I figure 50,000 a car should cover LS7 6spds, Chop top, Wide body Scissor Door cars.)

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

PFF
System Bot
Lady Lisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady LisaSend a Private Message to Lady LisaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the feedback...gives a lot to think about. I will definitely look into the colors suggested. To Capt. Fiero, thanks for the info and story. I also don't like the taillights but it is becoming difficult to find taillights that are flat enough and square enough to fit the area and contour of the car. Most modern taillights wrap around and follow the contour of the car, making it hard to find a replacement. Will keep you posted on new developments.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
..chop the top....
mkiker2089

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2012 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mkiker2089Send a Private Message to mkiker2089Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like the tails as they are. Normally I hate amber in tails but somehow it just works.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keeping it white, you should call it Ghost Shadow. ..or something.
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Keeping it white, you should call it Ghost Shadow. ..or something.

I vote for Spectre
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lady Lisa:

Thanks for all the feedback...gives a lot to think about. I will definitely look into the colors suggested. To Capt. Fiero, thanks for the info and story. I also don't like the taillights but it is becoming difficult to find taillights that are flat enough and square enough to fit the area and contour of the car. Most modern taillights wrap around and follow the contour of the car, making it hard to find a replacement. Will keep you posted on new developments.

I dont know how much cutting it would be But I photo shopped this back in 09 putting the Fiero lights back on it looks cool to me

Here is what you asked for

And what I would do maybe

------------------

Love The Excitement! //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 12-10-2012).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

I photo shopped this back in 09 putting the Fiero lights back on it looks cool to me

One word... no.

Sorry, but that's definitely not an improvement over the Cavalier tail lights on this car.
Lady Lisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady LisaSend a Private Message to Lady LisaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, maybe a name change is in order Thanks 85 SE nochie for the photoshop. Gives me a visual to tweek. If you please, could you photoshop the back, coloring the back bumper black and filling in the blank spots that are next to the reflectors.

I'm not feeling the Fiero GT or the Enterra taillights and right now I don't want to cut up the back just to redo the taillights. A conundrum indeed . Troy ordered a set a Cavalier lights and is going to have them sanded smooth and smokked to see what that looks like. As far as the color, I am leaning towards the Lamborghini balloon white.

[This message has been edited by Lady Lisa (edited 12-11-2012).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could an 80s Trans am tailight be made to work?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock