Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Enterra "Dark Shadow" Restore Thread (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Enterra "Dark Shadow" Restore Thread by Lady Lisa
Started on: 06-11-2012 09:44 AM
Replies: 640 (43534 views)
Last post by: FIERO JOHN-WI on 04-15-2019 08:49 PM
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Archie It's coming along nicely. I should have a box of goodies ready to ship to you by Tuesday, the window buttons, trunk seal, mirror controller with pigtail, and blue glow dash buttons should all be in.. Also thanks for making the changes for the New, new mirrors. Lisa had us update her New Camaro mirrors to a set of 2013 Camaro concept mirrors. They look more like the ones used in the movie and are not as big as the stock Camaro mirrors and have LEDs. Have a great weekend!!

D Dave and TX thanks for the kind words , lisa is like a kid before Xmas

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 03-08-2014).]

IP: Logged
akademikjeanius

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for akademikjeaniusSend a Private Message to akademikjeaniusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

After reading Diamond's post....Troy, Lisa, Archie...you should make molds of these panels now...it truly may be one of the last times to make a clean set of molds!

I think after this build thread...there are a few more people who would consider having one as well!

+1(000,000,000)
Diamond Dave

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-09-2014 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Diamond DaveSend a Private Message to Diamond DaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was some discussion about the Enterra's origins. The Enterra was indeed made in Canada from1985 to 1987. It was then sold to a company in California who produced only 2 1988's. They were allowed to build bodies for the fieros but also were only allowed to be sold through a Pontiac dealer. The molds were required to be destroyed so someone could not produce copies. In all only 38 were built, 36 from Canada. There are no know spare parts available. Aldino is walking a very close line in reproducing such close replicas that are so close in shape to the Enterra. There is only one other known Enterra ever produced and that was made for an invester in the Enterra Company. They used his 1984 4 cylinder Fiero. It was upgraded with a V6 and has a 4 speed tranny. It was made with the 2nd generation body which was known for it's improved fitment. So far I have only heard of 3 that had V8 upgrades. Mine I hope will be the forth. I almost bought Lady Lisa's from Bill but got scared of from all the damage. Troy has deeper pockets than I. ;-))

This has trurned out to be the best build in my eyes by far. I am so happy for LL and hopes she drives it and enjoys this car to the max. Archie pulled out all the stops on this one. What a build! Way to go Archie and crew. Whooohooo!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPS stopped by yesterday

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Pics of the new mirrors before paint

with the exception of the thin LED strip the mirror will be painted the same peal white as the car
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, this thread sure gives me food for thought. More like an all you can eat!
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But Archie you have to remember your 95% will be most shop's 103%...
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy...What is the specific part number for the power mirror switch...I was looking at utilizing that one on barbie with her new G1 dash and door panels I just ordered (weeks ago).

Reason I am looking for part number...is I can't find one with a chrome bezel like the one in your picture....which will go better with G1 trim.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Troy...What is the specific part number for the power mirror switch...I was looking at utilizing that one on barbie with her new G1 dash and door panels I just ordered (weeks ago).

Reason I am looking for part number...is I can't find one with a chrome bezel like the one in your picture....which will go better with G1 trim.

I don't have part numbers , I just ordered them from eBay . Search 10-14 camaro mirror switch and a few should pop up, when you order make sure they also have the pigtail. The chrome bezel is an after market add on also from eBay .
http://www.ebay.com/itm/201...&hash=item19e1107286

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 03-12-2014).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I already had the switch...didn't know chrome bezel was an add-on...just ordered one...thanks!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A lot of painting going on at the shop today!
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2014 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
an·tic·i·pa·tion[ an tìssi páysh'n ]
expectant waiting: the feeling of looking forward, usually excitedly or eagerly, to something that is going to happen
premature use of funds: the seizure or use of funds before they are legally available, especially from a trust fund
note played before chord: a note related to a chord that is played just before the chord itself
Hmmm...does this apply here?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

an·tic·i·pa·tion[ an tìssi páysh'n ]
expectant waiting: the feeling of looking forward, usually excitedly or eagerly, to something that is going to happen
premature use of funds: the seizure or use of funds before they are legally available, especially from a trust fund
note played before chord: a note related to a chord that is played just before the chord itself
Hmmm...does this apply here?

Archie will have to post the full update, but here are a few

Archie has more pics of the setup and the paint crew who are doing a fantastic job!!!!!!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! :
OverKill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OverKillSend a Private Message to OverKillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The color looks really nice in person. I can't wait to see it buffed and assembled out in the sun. I can post some pictures as well that were taken during the paint process.

Ethan
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those car stands under the front bumper never looked better, I'm sure!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 03-14-2014).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OverKill:

The color looks really nice in person. I can't wait to see it buffed and assembled out in the sun. I can post some pictures as well that were taken during the paint process.

Ethan

We want to Thank You for your help.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

We want to Thank You for your help.

Archie

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Ethan

Ethan thank you so much for all of your help,.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I last updated this thread, we were wet sanding the primer.

I know that everyone wants to see the painting, so I'm not going to bore you with any more of the wet sanding.

This last week was about final preping of the panels & getting some racks built for the panels & getting the shop ready.

This is the high dollar fan door way that Rob & Kris designed. You'll see it later in some of the shots.

Building some racks & wrapping the shop.

Thursday was paint day. We are painting all of the major body parts & the plan was to paint the rest of the parts on Friday.

Sealer coat, then base coats, pearl coats & clear coats....

Trying to show the pearl W/O the clear.

"The Crew" Pimping

Done for the day.

On Friday, the original plan was to paint the rest of the body parts like the rocker panels, Muffler cover & thie undersides of the decklid & hood. However, the clearcoat still seemed to be a little soft. To paint the undersides of the decklid & hood, we would have had to turn them over & then they would sit all weekend. We decided to paint our gloss black parts & they the white stuff dry 100% over the weekend..

so on friday we installed the nose & the rear tail light facia. Then we masked off the chassis again.

This is the final assembly of those parts & they are not rivited on like they used to be. They are attached with factory style bolts & nut clips.

Masking again...

Prep & Priming all the parts before the black & clear coat.

Archie
OverKill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OverKillSend a Private Message to OverKillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It probably wasnt dry yet because there was 4 coats of clear put on. Haha Im sure it will be fine by Monday.

Here are some of the pictures I have.

Base coat

Tacking the base before pearl

Pearl

Onto Clear

Hope everyone likes it. I couldnt' be much happier for a pearl white paint job without a booth.

Ethan

[This message has been edited by OverKill (edited 03-15-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hope everyone likes it. I couldnt' me much happier for a pearl white paint job without a booth.

Ethan

Yes, We looked it over pretty good yesterday AM & it looked real good.

A
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks Great Archie...your shop should be proud.

You have done a lot of cool cars over the years, but I think this one raises the bar!
Diamond Dave

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-15-2014 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Diamond DaveSend a Private Message to Diamond DaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The bar has been raised plus this car is one of 4 modfied V8 Enterra Vipre's ever made. This is the only highly modified Enterra Vipre in existence. At least until I get mine done. Hopefully soon. Way to nock it out of the park Lisa /Troy/Archie and crew. I would love, love to see this in the sunlight in person. Then drive it. Aw........dreams. Just had a thought Lisa. How about a name change? Dream Weaver or Dream Cloud Just a thought.

My pick of CAR OF THE YEAR!!!!! Whoooohoooooo Fieros alive and doing really, really well .

------------------
Diamond Dave
The real DD not the rocker dude
84 Enterra Vipre (The only One)
88 Formula 2.8

Lady Lisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady LisaSend a Private Message to Lady LisaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I look at the new pics, I am floored. The car has come so far and is absolutely beautiful.

Archie, what more can be said. Thanks so much for everything that you and your guys have done. I am truly blessed for you and your guys work. It's perfection.

Thanks Ethan for your contribution. To make the trip to help with the painting , I can' t put into words ... Thank you and God Bless.

Lady Lisa
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great job !!!!!
The car is looking great
I am very happy for you Lady Lisa

Diamond Dave

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-18-2014 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Diamond DaveSend a Private Message to Diamond DaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie.... I have a theory on tbe damage and attempted repair to the nose of this car. The story goes from Bill is that this car was driven by a rich snot nosed kid that drove the crap out of it and didn't take care of it. The dad did the repairs to keep it going. When the kid lost the right rear wheel off the car it took out that right rear fender and dad just pieced it back together with the pieces. I think when it was towed the front end was damaged when the tow operator picked the front end of it and broke it it in multiple places. Par for the course. That poor car was very abused. It good to see it back in way better than original shape.
OverKill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2014 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OverKillSend a Private Message to OverKillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy you have a pm. Thanks again Archie and Troy for letting me be a part if the madness.

Ethan
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's looking really nice.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OverKill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2014 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OverKillSend a Private Message to OverKillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow that is looking amazing. I don't have words.......

Ethan
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The front bumper has really grown on me. The car looks great.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2014 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hiya Troy and Lisa,
I dropped by Archie's today when I was in Rockford and got a look and Lisa's new ride. All I can say is WOW!

The paint choice was out of the park! It oozes sophistication. Top notch
Rob's dash is unreal, even better in person and the photos simply don't do it justice.
The front bumper is incredible, how Archies guys got it done so perfectly without a mold is astonishing
The door cards Archie's crew did are amazing, They look the part
The side mirrors have me convinced that the stock Camaro units are the way to go. The custom pieces look nice but they are going to be a giant PITA to see out of and let's face it, the stock Camaro units are really nice. I think their scale is much better suits for the lines of the Entera, but that is only my opinion.

Well done, you will be thrilled to have this beauty in your stable

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 shipped to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 03-20-2014).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2014 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Will,
we are going to paint both sets of mirrors to match the car . I think the concept mirrors will look good once they are painted but its hard to say as someone has not sent me pics of them mounted with a frontal view . As far as visibility I've been on many Camaro forums and they say that the curvature of the glass gives you a similar view as stock. Once again LadyLisa will have a choice, I just hope she understands that I cant change them like Earrings she is already asking about a wall mounted tire rack for her "sets of rims"

http://www.camaro5.com/foru...wthread.php?t=323132

Let me say that we LOVE LOVE the look of the concept mirrors!! I was apprehensive about the visibility due to the size but they are curved and the visibility isn't an issue. Top that with a tight paint job and ghosted LED markers ...this is a win. One of my favorite mods so far.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 03-21-2014).]

Diamond Dave

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-24-2014 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Diamond DaveSend a Private Message to Diamond DaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am so impressed with the direction that this build has taken. Troy, both you and Lisa have guided this build to greatness. I have loved the Enterra Vipre ever since I saw my first one 3 years ago. I will probably keep mine a little closer to original but I doubt I ever get it as perfected as you guys have done. My main goal is to get mine to daily driver and drive the crap out of it. I hope to have the most bichin Northstar build ever as these engines wound out with the right exhaust are hypnotic and addicting to wind them way up. My 2000 STS has been called the Ferrari of Cadillacs. The Magnaflows with a high flow cat are deep throated wonders. Hope I can use something similar on my Enterra. Chevys are powerful great motors but I like the 4 cam sound and and the higher rpm scream of the Northstar. Sounds alot more like a Ferrari or Lamborgini. Closest I will get to that kind of performance car with the Enterra. I would really like to see your cars and get a ride someday. They are both beautiful. Happy driving and I hope you do drive and enjoy what you have built. ;-))

[This message has been edited by Diamond Dave (edited 03-24-2014).]

Diamond Dave

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-24-2014 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Diamond DaveSend a Private Message to Diamond DaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Diamond Dave

81 posts
Member since Feb 2014
Oh almost forgot. I agree with Dr. W. With the limited side view in these cars, good side mirrors are your best friend. I would opt for the bigger mirrors and add a wide view mirror on the mirror. Just my opinion but after driving mine for a while this is what I will do to stay safer, even though I go faster than most others. Bikes are fast and hard to see if their in your blind spot. Safe driving.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave do you have any pictures of your Enterra? Does it have the complete stock Enterra interior? I've seen pictures of Enterras that owners have switched back to stock Fiero interior door panels . It would be nice to see another Enterra build/restore thread.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We had to pull the car outside today so we could shoot some primer on the mirrors.

Yes, I got pics in the Sun.

Wanna see 'em?

Come back tonight.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2014 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Here we go.

The sun was going in & out of clouds, the Pearl whows real good in the direct sunlight.

These pics don't really do it justice.

Archie
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock