Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! (Page 18)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! by Fie Ro
Started on: 07-21-2003 07:25 AM
Replies: 717 (103728 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 03-31-2016 03:07 AM
85LAMB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2010 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:
These were universal fiberglass copies..cut to length. I bonded them to the stock rockers and made fiberglass endcaps and a CF sillplate

Fie Ro

Can you please tell me how did you bond the fiberglass to the stock rockers ?
Did you use fiberglass and epoxy ?
Do you have any pictures in process of when you did it ?
Thanks for any help

PS the lower part of the front bumper in your car is from a 95 Honda Civic.

IP: Logged
HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey fie ro... you got any more pics of when you where making your bumper?
HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HI-TECH:

Yes, please do!
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Fie Ro

Can you please tell me how did you bond the fiberglass to the stock rockers ?
Did you use fiberglass and epoxy ?
Do you have any pictures in process of when you did it ?
Thanks for any help

PS the lower part of the front bumper in your car is from a 95 Honda Civic.

I recall I cut some of the lower part of the stock rocker, sanded the sides real rough and sandwiched a layer of fiberglass cloth with polyester resin between the stocker and m3 skirt...
Although they hold up great I would do a one-piece by nowadays standards. I looked for the build pictures but 2003 and older are somewhere else on my hd drives..
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2010 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by HI-TECH:

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie ro,

What is the latest with this project ??
fierofan25

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofan25Send a Private Message to fierofan25Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did he finish this car?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2011 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yo Roderick how are u doing man long time no see hahahahahhaa
how is your ride .
I think u are almost done.

me i was done with the engine but i blow the damm thing up ,i think it did not like me
so im going to burn it

so im done building my garage and now i'm going to start a new project and do u know what i'm going to do
swap a new engine in the damm car i got a adress that got the same engine u got L67 v6 3800 supercharged type 2
and it is a new one

but i still do not know what it will be,there are so many engine's out there what u think wat i need to do

burn the engine
Or the car and start something else

best regards a fiero caveman that was sleeping over 2 years
Daniel
my-fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my-fieroSend a Private Message to my-fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Daniel,
Long time no see or heard of you.

Stil working on the Fiero?
there is a Fiero meeting on 29-5-2011
who knows I see you there?

Stan

------------------
Fiero GT 1988 2.8V6
Fiero GT 1987 3.4V6 T-top in progress
Buick roadmaster 1956 5.3V8

my_fiero@hotmail.com

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Fie ro,

What is the latest with this project ??

Bump

------------------
aka. SmoothGT
NotAFieroAnyLonger
CURRENT BUILD:
" SmoothGT-'w8nc' "

PFF
System Bot
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Omg..
I forgot about these pics

... I was rereading this again ...lol one of my all-time favorites

Originally posted by Smoooooth GT:

<TABLE BORDER=0 WIDTH=90% CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0><TR><TD WIDTH=10%> </TD><TD BGCOLOR="#000000"><TABLE BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=2 CELLSPACING=1 WIDTH=100%><TR><TD><font size="1" face="Verdana" COLOR="#FFFFFF">
</FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD BGCOLOR="#FFFFDF"><font size="1" face="Verdana">Originally posted by Fie Ro:

But deadlines are skipped till further notice!
Oh no, not like the Smooth GT!

</FONT></TD></TR></TABLE></TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHA!!
Here's a pic that you wanted!!

3000GT side mirror's!!

[This message has been edited by Smoooooth GT (edited 10-21-2003).]

------------------
aka. SmoothGT
NotAFieroAnyLonger
CURRENT BUILD:
" SmoothGT-'w8nc' "

my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2012 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fie ro how is your swap going

stop working on your new house and give us an update
my pride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2012 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my prideSend a Private Message to my prideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

my pride

300 posts
Member since Jan 2004
ps call me when u got time

------------------
I live in the netherlands
sorry for my bad English

http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr...user=100001449215370

IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2012 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bumpdates?
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ttt
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2015 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THREAD REVIVAL ALERT !!

So.
After buying my 'new' house over 5 years ago it took 5 years so far to redo almost all of it, including the garage, when the garage got done it became "the place to store stuff you dont want elsewhere", then my girlfriend moved in with her stuff "you dont want elsewhere" but finally there's room and the Fiero was transported today to my 'drive-in' house. The lower floor is my mancave, my garage and my workshop. That's what I wanted in the first place

Transport, I removed the front and rear bumpers to make it easier:

Man I am happy it is finally here ! In a heated and clean garage. Overhead lighting, water and many 220V outlets. Spent most of the afternoon to start cleaning off the dust and debris of all the years sitting in storage. It is not that bad but it also has some small scratches on the paint here and there, I tried some rubbing compound to test and most of it can be fixed. It already looks 10 times better.

From now on I will try to update more frequently , also updates on some stuff I did do in the meantime...

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2015 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yessssssssss !! Been a long time, and your car and creative work have been missed ! Welcome back and looking forward to more of your custom work.
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2015 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Yessssssssss !! Been a long time, and your car and creative work have been missed ! Welcome back and looking forward to more of your custom work.

Ditto!
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2015 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony and Topcat ! I have been busy testfitting some parts and lowering the rear coilovers by 2 inches tonight, it is almost 4:00 am now here, I need to creep into the bedroom before miss Fie Ro wakes up asking what the hell I am doing
ignorant prodigy

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2016 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

miss Fie Ro

hints as to the true reason this project stopped lol
PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2016 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ignorant prodigy:

hints as to the true reason this project stopped lol

Lol, not really a problem (peaking behind the door ). She knew about my hobby but the house took a lot of energy and work last years but I have always been doing some Fiero stuff now and then. I just need to start posting again about the little progress I make here and there, after all this has become a 10 year+ project and there is no reason to rush now

When I got my Fiero here after more than 5 years of storage I got it cleaned up and looked over everything I did and what needs to be done. I am happy to find the stuff I cleaned/restored/painted is still in a great shape, still there is a lot of work to do, the first goal now is to make it technically running. Engine, cooling, brakes, battery, cluster...all of it will be custom but I want it running at a certain point. Working on all of that, most is research and fabbing now, again. I do have some progress on the interior too but I have come to the decision this is a car that needs to be able to move and not something to look at and keep dreaming

Things I am working on now:
- wiring, freaking wiring of all this, wiring of the L67 to the ecm, tuning, getting rid of the old ecm wiring, tablet OBD2 dash taking all the data of the ecm OBD bus.
- intake, cooling lines etc. With the engine still testfitted I want to set up everything to fit before final install.
- setting up Intercooler tubing
- setting up custom fusebox, wiring etc etc
- more -

Things I still have to post:
- redesigned front mount battery setup
- brake vacuum via EGR port
- front bumper 'correction' piece
- doorpanels progress
- trunkpanels progress
- more -

I am not done.
IVANNATINKLE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2016 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice. thank you for updating!
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2016 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just finished a video, all shot this week and added some pictures of recent progress...
https://youtu.be/YFXF5XGuoJM
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2016 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2016 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great looking video. Looking forward to the updates.

Bob
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2016 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been busy to trace all the wiring for this engine swap. I am not a wiring guy but all of this needs to work together. To me it is important to know what goes where and what it does and I have a clou if it doesnt work. I have labeled all the ecm side wires, the engine side connectors and wires ( I think I am still missing a cam and crankshaft and one knocksensor connector)

I am looking for a setup with this L67 engine custom wired to its ecm, deleting the Fiero ecm and cables, deleting wiring to the fiero gauges, taking info from the L67 OBD2 port to run gauges on a tablet replacing the cluster, and analog lights for turn,beams etc.

I have been thinking a lot of ways to do this effective/efficient and they have changed over the years, and this is where I am now. Tonight I started to remove the center console, pullled out the original ecm wiring, I welcome any good ideas what to do and why..

ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2016 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I envy your professionalism.

as far as wiring goes, how familiar are you with the L67? This place is obviously an amazing resource.
At one point I think I had wiring diagrams for 98-00 and 02 layouts.

My advice is just to consume as much as you can, and get a good tuner. My understanding of how it works grew leaps and bounds when I actually start taking readings and start tweaking things.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2016 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ignorant prodigy:

I envy your professionalism.

as far as wiring goes, how familiar are you with the L67? This place is obviously an amazing resource.
At one point I think I had wiring diagrams for 98-00 and 02 layouts.

My advice is just to consume as much as you can, and get a good tuner. My understanding of how it works grew leaps and bounds when I actually start taking readings and start tweaking things.

Thanks ! But if I were a pro it wouldn't take 10+ years
The fact I am doing so many things to this car means that 10% of error already makes it a pile of non running junk. I really try to do things right the first or second time. Most of it is second time

Thanks for the advice and you are right. For this swap I have been reading and collecting info for about 15 years, I guess I have all the needed diagrams and more.
I bought a DHP Powrtuner from Charles at DHP about 10 years ago, since I had to wait 2 years for delivery he upgraded it to the unit with 3 analog inputs, may come in handy to log the wideband O2 sensor I plan to get. I noticed the DHP forum and support are gone now but I found a torrent last night that contains the most recent software, additional scanners and bins. I will dive into the whole scanning and tuning proces when I have finished up all the wiring. I know now where all the L67 stuff goes but the next step is to put it together and what to keep of the Fiero wiring.

In the meantime I think it might be a good idea to start looking for a PT basemap that is close enough to my setup. It seems every L67 engine responds a bit different to mods and setup, even more when in a Fiero. So I understand there will be a lot of scanning and tuning required but it would be nice to have a startingpoint...

For a PT basemap these are the specs of my engine / setup and some ?? :

Modded L67 Fiero 5 speed
Cluster gauges via OBD2

282 Getrag manual (all automatic transmission codes deleted)

4" airintake
N* MAF
N* throttlebody (newer style)

Gen 3 Supercharger:
inlet machined to match N* intake 77mm
Outlet machined for ZZP S2 intercooler
MPS pully 3.0 (+ 2.8 and 2.6)

ZZP S2 full stack intercooler

Lower intake:
machined to match IC outlet
ports gasket matched to heads

Heads: stock but gasket matched intake and exhaust
Injectors: 36lbs (stock) may need to step up to 42,5 with these mods ?
(PRJ fuelrails, stock FP regulator, Walbro 255lph fuelpump)
Stock cam
(Arp headbolts and rocker studs)

Front exhaust manifold: ZZP powerlog
Rear exhaust manifold: stock
Exhaust, will be: 3" to cat, muffler 2x 2,25"
delete second O2 sensor
delete EGR
delete Evap
delete boost solenoid
delete more sh!t

Fiero fan control via the L67 ecm

Getrag 5 speed VSS to L67ecm. Need correct speed vss to ecm>OBD2>cluster (NOT the original Fiero cluster! I know about Ryans conversion interface but I will take OBD2 from the ecm)
option 1: custom converter fieropulses (rate/dig) to L67ecm (different rate/ana)
option 2: forget OBD2>cluster part, use GPS of tablet for actual speed

I may edit this if something comes up I didn't think about... which is most likely the case

ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2016 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maybe I should say I envy your perfectionism then lol

Injectors: 36lbs (stock) may need to step up to 42,5 with these mods ?

I think you can get away with stock injectors up to a 3.0" pulley and no cam/rockers
Knock may be your limiting factor. W/o scanning it's impossible to speculate but I had a very similar setup at one point and stock injectors were just fine.

Swapping injectors is very easy, so IMO spare the expense until you scan it and know for sure.
Of course.. I'm kind of cheap so it's easy for me to say that.

Here's a quote from Ryan at sinister performance about knowing when you need bigger injectors.

To tell that, you need to know Injector Pulse Widths at WOT and A/F ratio. As long as your IPW's aren't exceeding 21ms and your O2 voltage is above 0.915v at WOT (or 12:1~12.5:1 a/f ratio or richer); the injectors you have in your engine now should be meeting your needs.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I pulled out the instrument cluster and did a test setup with a cheap 10" tablet we have here at home to get an indication what needs to be done to make something like this to work :

A simple check to be sure if the screen is visuable in this location from my eyesight:

My idea is to cut off the outer switch panels and move them inside the housing for a more compact and sleeker look. Also because a 10" screen does not need the width of the original instrumentpanel.

I wondered why the left and right switchpanels sizes were off....it is because the cluster is not rectangle at all ! The instrument panel seems to flow with the main dash, the top a bit higher towards the middle of the interior, the cluster seems symmetrical but it is not! In fact non of the instrument cluster parts are symmetrical. You would not see that unless you take a ruler to check.

Making the cut for a tablet for recess, there is about 1 3/4 inch before hitting the steering column. I need that space for the tablet not sticking out too high at the top.

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is going to be wicked !
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2016 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You going after something like this?

http://jalopnik.com/the-201...e-dash-an-1677813819
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's a cool idea but I feel like there is a difference between a generic tablet and the screens that are meant for use as instrument panels in cars... the brightness of a generic tablet will likely affect your night vision while driving in the dark...
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2016 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had an iPad in my Widow .. was useless on a sunny day .... at night had to dim it wayyyy down which made it hard to read ... but you do have on heck of a nice look in a showroom.... luv the car !!

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 03-12-2016).]

ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2016 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

did a test setup with a cheap 10" tablet we have here at home to get an indication what needs to be done

I'm interested in seeing what you're thinking of actually using. Although.. i fear it may add so much time to your build I'll pass away before I get to see it done lol
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2016 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The glass from the iPad may cause some glare issues. You can purchase the screens (with controllers) relatively cheaply on eBay. That can be hooked up to a small profile computer (mini ITX / pico ITX, etc). Might be better using a non-glare plastic cover instead of the glass.

Are you writing your own dash software?

I'm working on a similar thing for my Aventador build. ( Video of my display running on a laptop )

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2016 03:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just finished a video, all shot this week and added some pictures of recent progress...

Great car. Nicely made video... very European.

What did you use to acquire those silky-smooth pans?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 03-31-2016).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock