Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
SPY PICS!....first secrets of the GTR exposed! by Fie Ro
Started on: 07-21-2003 07:25 AM
Replies: 717 (103737 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 03-31-2016 03:07 AM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2003 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your fiero is definitly going to be one of my favourites.

------------------
1986 Fiero SE

IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2003 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No doubt,...that car is awesome !

Really outstanding work !!! I think we are all dying for some pointers on how you did everything.

I do however like the aero nose you have on the car as oppossed to a new one.

I could be wrong, depending on how the new one looks mounted, but my intial impression of the nose is I prefer the areo nose with this setup,..gives it a sleeker more exotic look. JMO.

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2003 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that is awesome, i wish i had even 1 of those peices on my car. it might look good to have vented fenders like from a 83 trans-am or something. nice work. quit your job and just fiberglass fiero parts.

------------------
'86 Fiero GT
I'm 16 and a newb to the fiero, used to Trans-Am and taurus
Don't understand why americans didn't like this car

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2003 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You mean the fender intakes like Ski has?
I have them
At that time I didn't knew they were existing parts, thought Ski made them himself! So I made a set from scratch. I don't know if I put them on however. I dont want to "overscoop" the thing (well, might be too late already ) and fiberglass and the fender plastic might not hold. Which means I would have to take molds from the fenders and make a 1 piece fiberglass product......could be too much work at this time......I will think about when the rest is finished...

Thanks for all the great replies, it really makes it fun to work now! All is coming together like the pieces of a puzzle. only 800 pieces to go

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2003 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
This afternoon I finally swapped the rearclip. It is a daily driver so I had to plan some things but I finally went for it!

removing lights/vents/trim/ and some bolts. After a few hours the clip was ready to go!

What is missing in this picture? It looked so strange I decided to clean and paint immediately!

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2003 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001

It seems it has been in an accident sometime....the fuelthingie (what was it for?) is quite dented and the B-pillar has some spots of repair... this pic was after painting.

Painting was done within 15 minutes. All day it was almost raining and now it IS! Putting on the new clip wasn't too hard and I put in the lights for the picture (will wire them in tomorrow)..here it is:

I am quite satisfied! It is the first time all parts are coming together and it really looks a bit like a big brother of the new Smart roadster(which I have seen for real some times now)!

I earned myself some beer now!
cheers.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2003 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fie Ro,

Man, that's just beautiful!
You have done some nice work.

I lost track of this thread, a couple of weeks ago. The "fastback clip" thread reminded me...

------------------
Raydar

88 3.4 coupe. 17s, cut springs 'n all.

Spyhunter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2003 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyhunterSend a Private Message to SpyhunterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some awesome work there!
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2003 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That tank that is crush is an expansion tank for the fuel tank.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2003 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

That tank that is crush is an expansion tank for the fuel tank.

looked more like an implosion tank

today I mounted the inserts/vents and lights and re-aligned some panels, put back the fuelcap and mechanism... The lights are working great now!
This how I mounted them to the Fiero:

I had been long thinking how the H*** I could mount them to the Fiero. Then I found out I could remove those plastic screw thingies on the back (green) and screw back longer pieces (red)

Made 4 holes in the trunk to mount them (still have to cut a little piece. The trunk carpet will cover them so you wont see anything!

This picture doesn't seem much different from yesterday but more things are in place now. I still like the lights. I wanna see them this evening

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2003 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
Just took some pics with the driving lights on at night:

The chrome now really works great as the reflexes are changing when you're changing position...nice 3D effect!, for those drivers when I am passing them

PFF
System Bot
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2003 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*mouth drops*

*drooling occurs*

------------------
'86 Fiero GT
I'm 16 and a newb to the fiero, used to Trans-Am and taurus
Don't understand why americans didn't like this car

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2003 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
free bump
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2003 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why don't you move to Canada and work on my car. I'll pay you in beer because we have the best beer hahaha

good work, the car looks absolutely incredible even in primer!

------------------
1986 Fiero SE

FieroAudio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2003 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAudioSend a Private Message to FieroAudioEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

we have the best beer hahaha

this is very true

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2003 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think one of the most impressive parts of this project, is that it is his daily driver and he is still able to get a lot accomplished !

absolutely stunning job.

Spyhunter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2003 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyhunterSend a Private Message to SpyhunterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must say, I not usually a fan of that style tail lights, but you did an awesome job! And the fabrication on all the scoops, and parts are way cool! I wanna see that nose put on the car now...

I have been thinking about fabbing some of my own hoodvents, and yours match the car really well - might have to borrow the style one day!

It's also really cool that you have shown a progression of pix - nice to see it all come together.

[This message has been edited by Spyhunter (edited 09-27-2003).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2003 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I forgot... do you want to send me the old fastback clip?

------------------
1986 Fiero SE

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2003 05:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Why don't you move to Canada and work on my car. I'll pay you in beer because we have the best beer hahaha

good work, the car looks absolutely incredible even in primer!

Ha! You found my weak spot
Actually I think I spent more money on beer than glassfiber and resin during the process
Paying me in beer may be disappointing for you, I am not running lean

There isn't much changed last weeks on the car itself. Got the exhaust tips in there finally. The old exhaust was quite crappy so when I put the new tips and bends on it still wasn't right. now it is!

I took a mold from the taillight piece because it started cracking; there was still some wood in there (covered with layers of fiberglass) but still it appeared moisture could get inside somehow.....(I am still learning) So I am working on the mold. Good news is I might make more products

The nosepiece is 99% finished. I am just correcting some small details so I can take a mold of it hopefully next weekend!
It is quite a bit shorter than the stock nosepiece, I think that will look better on the car. I will take some pictures this week and post the progress......

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2003 05:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by Spyhunter:

I have been thinking about fabbing some of my own hoodvents, and yours match the car really well - might have to borrow the style one day!

It's also really cool that you have shown a progression of pix - nice to see it all come together.

[This message has been edited by Spyhunter (edited 09-27-2003).]

Thanks. I like to look at other people's projects and progress too so hopefully this project inspires other people to do their thing.
I got a lot of inspiration from this forum but wherever possible I am trying to give it a personal touch....
I could afford a bodykit but it is more satisfying seeing your own ideas coming to live. The difficult part is to imagine how it looks like when all parts are together. So there's a lot of thinking/drinking involved. Did I already mention "a lot of time"?

For example I put quite some work on the roofscoop but I think I drop it because it might be "too much" together with the other scoops. It is too easy to go over the top with all those mods, and I don't want that to happen.

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2003 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:
The difficult part is to imagine how it looks like when all parts are together.

Yes, Thats been one of the hard thing's for me also.. I don't have P'Shoppe so it's been trial and error(do/redo) on mine too.

Looking GREAT!!

SmoothGT!!

------------------
Pic's coming soon! :D
Sure they are Smooth...
You ALWAY'S say that... :rolleyes: Freakin' Tease!!

PFF
System Bot
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2003 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Smoooooth GT:
Yes, Thats been one of the hard thing's for me also.. I don't have P'Shoppe so it's been trial and error(do/redo) on mine too.
Looking GREAT!!

SmoothGT!!

Damn you Steve, you triggered me to Photoshop this evening!
As a matter a fact I use PS daily (it's part of my job!) but the biggest part is happening in the sick brain so I haven't used PS much in the designing process (these words sound expensive However I took some pics today and did some Photoshoppyiee... I included timeslips...oeps, originals for comparison. And, exhaust tips are in place now and the nosepiece is almost ready for taking a mold.

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 09-30-2003).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2003 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
the originalezzz:

edit osting fake pictures

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 09-30-2003).]

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2003 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the nose!! Are you painting it Black..??
You're making mine look like CRAP!!
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2003 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another piece of evidence about wasting your time !
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2003 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001

Originally posted by Smoooooth GT:
I love the nose!! Are you painting it Black..??
You're making mine look like CRAP!!

I am thinking about a metallic grey. yellow primer is bad material for Photoshopping it to metallic grey ! But I want to go to a dark color because I don't want the car to be "over the the top" with all the mods....

Smoooth: Your car is one of the main reasons I started with this insanity!
I think sometimes mine is a bit too ricey (even to myself) but I didn't wanted to go the easy way (355noses and Vette taillights are a lot around here). Altezza type lights seemed the way to go 2 years ago.
If I would have to start from scratch this year everything would be different. feel good about the direction you're going and do it how YOU want it. Sometimes I see pictures of finished things I am just working at....Grrrr.At the end I just want to be happy of the complete results. Thats why deadline's often do not work with this project(whyle this still is a hobby) But you have to stop somewhere and hand it over to the paint shop. there are always reasons to doubt about anything.

It is quite possible your front end doesn't match my body and vice versa....But I also think it is nice to show what can be done with all these different ideas

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2003 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Smoooth: Your car is one of the main reasons I started with this insanity!

Ohh, Blame me... HAHAHA You have a PM!! SHHH!

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2003 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*bump* any updates?

that front end is sweet as hell... are you going to be making those for sale?

keep up the great work!

GTDude

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2003 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW..........the time you must have invested this sweet Fiero! Any color plans yet?????
I think a rich copper mist would be beautiful. Good luck........send more ASAP

Phil

------------------
87 FIERO GT 2.8 5spd
0-60 in 6.8 seconds!
If you found my advice helpful, please take the time to give me a positive rating. Thanks

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2003 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nebiros88:

*bump* any updates?

that front end is sweet as hell... are you going to be making those for sale?

keep up the great work!

Thanks! Well most of the work now is making molds and good products. If I can get everything right and good quality pieces I might sell parts! Anyway I keep that in mind so I have more reason to put more time into good molds! Here's the mold from the rear (still working on it) and the nosepiece being covered for a mold.

I have something new though. As it is difficult to get good replacement quarterpanels I decided to try something myself in glassfiber. Took molds from the old quarterwindows (which were already cracked a bit). I decided to do something like this:

I will trim it so it is flush with the sailpanel inserts.

But deadlines are skipped till further notice!
Oh no, not like the Smooth GT!

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2003 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well put me down on the interested list for one of those fronts if you end up making them...great work
PFF
System Bot
DJWINNI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2003 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DJWINNISend a Private Message to DJWINNIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a beautiful and awesome work!!!
One of the beautifulest fiero in europe!! (with mine ).... seriously, you have a nice car and you deserve the words to congratulate your work!!

Wenn i will be in NL, i'll mail you

It is noth that far from France! lol

------------------
Christophe from FRANCE **1986 PONTIAC FIERO - V6/2,8L**

Morkidan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2003 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MorkidanSend a Private Message to MorkidanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want the back end of your car!!!!!!
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But deadlines are skipped till further notice!
Oh no, not like the Smooth GT!

HAHAHA!!
Here's a pic that you wanted!!

3000GT side mirror's!!

[This message has been edited by Smoooooth GT (edited 10-21-2003).]

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Smoooooth GT

8823 posts
Member since Jun 2001
ooopsie double doopsie!

[This message has been edited by Smoooooth GT (edited 10-21-2003).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn! That's a nice Forest!

Oh yeah.... now the SmoothGT really seems to get together real smooth!
I already liked the idea but this car is getting more respect from me as I see the progress. And you haven't even started yet!

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fie Ro

3735 posts
Member since Sep 2001
Did I already mention I like it?

I bought and tried to mount M3 style mirrors in the little triangle above the door. A bit like Clinton Whitehead did with newer style Firebird mirrors.
Anyway it seemed to much work making brackets and it even didn't look much better anyway. So I sanded and polished the Heck out of a set of Fiero mirors and now they look like chrome! With the gunmetal grey metallic I want add chrome accents like these mirrors, the Altezza's housings and the middle molding strip around the car. I might have a place where they can make the plastic moldings look like chrome. I might test them

edit:
like you would care about any moldings! Haha! ...sorry it's late up here....ehm.

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 10-21-2003).]

Sootah

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SootahClick Here to visit Sootah's HomePageSend a Private Message to SootahEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fie Ro, what scoop did you glass to your decklid? That's the exact one that I am looking for!

------------------

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did I already mention I like it?

I bought and tried to mount M3 style mirrors in the little triangle above the door. A bit like Clinton Whitehead did with newer style Firebird mirrors.
Anyway it seemed to much work making brackets and it even didn't look much better anyway. So I sanded and polished the Heck out of a set of Fiero mirors and now they look like chrome! With the gunmetal grey metallic I want add chrome accents like these mirrors, the Altezza's housings and the middle molding strip around the car. I might have a place where they can make the plastic moldings look like chrome. I might test them

edit:
like you would care about any moldings! Haha! ...sorry it's late up here....ehm.

[This message has been edited by Fie Ro (edited 10-21-2003).]

I'm not sure if all that chrome will look good... chrome moulding might look tacky. Maybe a metallic silver would work better.

------------------
1986 Fiero SE

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2003 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Damn! That's a nice Forest!

Oh yeah.... now the SmoothGT really seems to get together real smooth!
I already liked the idea but this car is getting more respect from me as I see the progress. And you haven't even started yet!

Well.. I kinda started a few week's ago...
Like the forest eh'..??
Post some new pic's!! NOW!

Smooth!

------------------
PostWhore of PFF!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 18 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock