Started on: 02-17-2009 01:19 PM
Replies: 355 (48406 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 07-26-2018 10:13 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2009 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IP: Logged
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2009 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice. The Camero bow-tie wing did the "trick." The wing extended the over-all look of the car. A definite alternative to your typical fastback and will no doubt draw a crowd.

Oh yeah, do you have a pic of the car (on the ground) with the glass?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-15-2009).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2009 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking good
now we just need to get you set up with some fat rollers
Clayton I will PM you in the morning!

I wish I had a crew of people working on mine to get it done this fast.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2009 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

lI wish I had a crew of people working on mine to get it done this fast.

I wish I could get mine done that fast too.

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2009 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll have to say, this car is coming together better than I could imagine.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I wish I could get mine done that fast too.

LOL I know how you feel, Money first! while yours gathers dust
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We took the car outside today to blow some of the sanding dust off of it.

We got a few pics of the car outside today.

We still have a few things to do to it but since the pick up date has been moved back a little bit, we have plenty of time & are back to work on a couple of other cars.

I also shot some video today when we pulled the car outside. You can hear when we opened up the electric exhaust cutouts & then later when we close them.

I'll try to post that video up tonight.

Archie

------------------

Sig by Custom2M4

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The car is really looking good.

Clay i think i see where you were going with the exhaust tips,..at first they were a bit long for my tastes, but now i think they work.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Hmmm,....

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2009 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

http://www.youtube.com/watc...ture=player_embedded

that will wake the nieghbors!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2009 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

that will wake the nieghbors!

You'll only wake them when you want to.

When he was turning the car around, the car got quiet like he has killed the engine but he had only closed the cutouts.

Archie
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, Any idea's on when you will be making more of these hatchs for sale and the price ?

Thanks
Rick

------------------
http://i252.photobucket.com...ec/2007_12240001.jpg

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2009 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chop, chop !!

Hehehe just a little something for Clay to tempt the mind (Thanks Jscott1).

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2009 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Chop, chop !!

Hehehe just a little something for Clay to tempt the mind (Thanks Jscott1).

Tony, Clay likes the look of the chop's but he wants to do the flying mile with his car and he must wear a helmit to do it and he would have his head
hitting the roof and would not pass tech.

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2009 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tony, Clay likes the look of the chop's but he wants to do the flying mile with his car and he must wear a helmit to do it and he would have his head
hitting the roof and would not pass tech.

Bubbletop, right over his head. After Archie and crew get it chopped, they can cut a hole, he straps in with helmet on, they pour some nice liquid foam on his head through the hole. The next day, when the foam is cured, they can dig him out of the foam, carve it to shape to form the required amount of clearance over his head. and make fiberglass and/or lexan (sunroof?) panels. It would be the first Bubbletop-Flipper-MadArch-GlassHatch-Chopper!

[This message has been edited by toddshotrods (edited 04-22-2009).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-22-2009 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice Toddshotrods! Build in a Gurney bubble. 60's technology in the oughts.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2009 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by toddshotrods:

Bubbletop, right over his head. After Archie and crew get it chopped, they can cut a hole, he straps in with helmet on, they pour some nice liquid foam on his head through the hole. The next day, when the foam is cured, they can dig him out of the foam, carve it to shape to form the required amount of clearance over his head. and make fiberglass and/or lexan (sunroof?) panels. It would be the first Bubbletop-Flipper-MadArch-GlassHatch-Chopper!

LMAO!!!!

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2009 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
...a Gurney bubble...

That's it! I couldn't remember the name.

Seriously though, if someone did it, they would create a little piece of Fiero history. It's also a great conversation piece. Imagine explaining to the crowd of admirers that the bubble was inspired by sixties-era Gurney, and was absolutely necessary for standing mile accleration runs. The chopped top, raked winshield, and Gurney bubble, allow maximum enjoyment; for the user and the spectator.

Sawzall time?
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2009 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't checked on the forum for a few days and I come back and you guys already have it chopped with a glass bubble over my head. What's next? Bullet tail lights and fins?

Archie, you getting all this?

[This message has been edited by ClayTonto (edited 04-22-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2009 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ClayTonto:

I haven't checked on the forum for a few days and I come back and you guys already have it chopped with a glass bubble over my head. What's next? Bullet tail lights and fins?

Archie, you getting all this?

LMAO!
Clay, I am going to the swapmeet this weekend do you need anything?
Dean
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Clay, I am going to the swapmeet this weekend

Aww man. That's THIS weekend? I hate being away from home

do you need anything?
Dean

Yeah, Pick me up an 88 Formula 5-speed while your there (my Metro is just not cutting it anymore)
...Actually......PM Sent
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, Pick me up an 88 Formula 5-speed while your there (my Metro is just not cutting it anymore)
...Actually......PM Sent

I can't do the car but if you see this before your PM call me or PM me asap!
D.
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2009 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Out of curiosity, how do you like the Held Slalom front suspension?? Is it worth the money? Any problems with installation or fitment?

As for the 13" Held brake kit in the rear, do you have any pictures of the spindle modifications you had done by the machine shop?
Is the 13" brake kit worth the money after the modifications to the rear? Any modifications to the front needed?

Great build, keep it up.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2009 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Clay, I got the part you wanted from the swapmeet.
call me when you get back in town.
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 04-27-2009).]

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2009 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nebiros88:
Out of curiosity, how do you like the Held Slalom front suspension?? Is it worth the money? Any problems with installation or fitment?

As for the 13" Held brake kit in the rear, do you have any pictures of the spindle modifications you had done by the machine shop?
Is the 13" brake kit worth the money after the modifications to the rear? Any modifications to the front needed?

I like the Held Slalom kit and I would buy it again. Installation was tricky but not too bad. The mod needing to be done to the rear spindles is pretty straight forward. 3/8" needs to be milled off of the surface of the spindle that bolts to the hub assembly to make up for the caliper adapter plate. I talked to the new owner of Held about offering this mod on a core program and he said he will be doing that in the future. I love the brakes, they are probably more than you need, but they look awesome and stop the car well. The Wilwood brakes have to be used if your going with the Slalom kit, unless you design your own.

Clay, I got the part you wanted from the swapmeet.
claa me when you get back in town.
D.

Thanks
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My view:
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Niceeeeeeeee !
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What he said!
bobble

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bobbleSend a Private Message to bobbleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
your car is looking sick keep up the good work.
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree! This is coming together really nicely! What are you going to finish the dash in?

------------------

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, guys.

Originally posted by doublec4:
What are you going to finish the dash in?

Probably leather, but I'm up for suggestions.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

R Runner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 05:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man! That thing is really looking good!
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2009 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks, guys.

Probably leather, but I'm up for suggestions.

If you look up ferrobi's F40 replica thread, I think Rob (Amida) upholstered his dash in "ultra seude" and it looks fantastic. Maybe something to consider.

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Clay, any update on the wheels ?
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ram-air Intake looks great, Archie and crew.

Originally posted by exoticse:
Clay, any update on the wheels ?

Still waiting on my wheels (or my money back so I can buy some from another company.)
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

If you look up ferrobi's F40 replica thread, I think Rob (Amida) upholstered his dash in "ultra seude" and it looks fantastic. Maybe something to consider.

Thank's -

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 05-09-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[B]Originally posted by Archie:[/B

Clay, we are going to have to fix that air cleaner, that thing looks like you have a big trash can in the back
I have an idea for it
D.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay