Sport Fiero by fourpoint9
Started on: 09-07-2006 09:38 PM
Replies: 455 (65441 views)
Last post by: fourpoint9 on 03-08-2024 11:49 PM
FieroFanatic13

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the hyperv6 scoop available for sale anywhere? I LOVE that one...
IP: Logged
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:
Still all the issue of tweaking those side skirt would be worth it for any Notchback owner.... Most of the work is done and looks at the results.
- Steve do you have molds of the wing?
- Do you plan on offering the complete kit?
--->Front/Rear BUMPER
--->Left/Right SIDE SKIRTS
---> WING
---> HOOD SCOOPS
PFF "hyperv6" hood scoop would also look very good too.

The WING is a 92 Z28 like this one on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...dZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
The HOOD SCOOPS are NSX Universal Scoops like these: http://www.itz-usa.com/whol...COOP-SET-p-3212.html
So I wouldn't be making the wing or the hood scoops. I like the hyperV6 hood vent, maybe someday on my next Fiero project.

As for the side skirts, as is (needing tweaking), I would be happy to take my molds to this company so he can make them too.

I just need a PM to confirm some one has real intent to buy and I will pay to have parts made.

Once the parts are made I will need to figure out what it will cost to have the UPS store box and ship to your house

I will then PM to have you send a Money Order. I will not take money for a part that is not already made.

I still need to pick up these 2 bumpers and see how they turned out. I'll post when I return from my hour (each way) trip.

So far:
FRONT BUMPER 1. FieroWannaBe 2. Bridgetown
REAR BUMPER 1. tc7130

Thanks,
-Steve (fourpoint9)
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I could VIEW a stinking pic I might get on that list! This is ridiculous...

-Gary
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroFanatic13

3521 posts
Member since Jul 2006
OMG! I finally got to see pics! That being said, is there ANY idea on your asking prices??? I am interested in the both bumpers. BUT, can someone do a photo shop of them on a GT with standard side ground effects? I'm wondering how they'd look with the "two piece" top and bottom stock GT side panels.

-Gary
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroFanatic13

3521 posts
Member since Jul 2006
Okay- no laughing please. This is my attempt in paint to create the photo shop I was asking for. I know the side is a bit off, but the general idea might be here?

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bumpers will be $400 each plus UPS store boxing and shipping.

FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFanatic13:
Okay- no laughing please. This is my attempt in paint to create the photo shop I was asking for. I know the side is a bit off, but the general idea might be here?

No laughing at all. Good job. Able to give good visualization. IMO you need the rockers too. It's worth it.
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good News: The parts turned out very good. He uses a chop gun and it makes sweet parts.

Bad News: He wants to raise the cost by a lot to make more. Too much.

His complaint was the prep time to ready the molds to make the parts was more than he first thought.

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Good News: The parts turned out very good. He uses a chop gun and it makes sweet parts.

Bad News: He wants to raise the cost by a lot to make more. Too much.

His complaint was the prep time to ready the molds to make the parts was more than he first thought.

HOW bad is the news though???
Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2008 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2008 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump again...
PFF
System Bot
FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2008 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And another bump...

HOW bad exactly???
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2008 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kinda discouraged about the whole thing.

He raised the price (for any future parts from my molds) so much so that I can not have his company make more.

He would like to make me some perfect molds and produce perfect parts. Very understandable for a professional.
He takes pride in making awesome fiberglass products. To pay him to make new molds would cost around $1800 (bumpers and side skirts).
I do not have that kind of money to invest, especially when I have no idea if I will sell enough to recover the cost.

What I can do is search for another small fiberglass company that will work with the molds that I have. They are very usable, just take some prep (putty in places like in the molding groves).

I also can make parts myself but it is not a side business that I would enjoy, too smelly. It's kinda fun for my car but doing a ton of production would get old quick.

I do have one rear bumper that needs a buyer.

FieroWannaBe is trying to come up with the money for the front bumper but is having a hard time with it. I should give him another week or so. If he can't come up with the money, Bridgetown was the next to say he wanted the front one I have.

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2008 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a pic of the one you have, and how much were you guys talking? I might want to be in that "line..."

-Gary
FieroWannaBe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump, did you get my pm?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He raised the price (for any future parts from my molds) so much so that I can not have his company make more.
He takes pride in making awesome fiberglass products. To pay him to make new molds would cost around $1800 (bumpers and side skirts).

Are you referring to all four parts 2-side rockers (lt &rt) and 2-bumpers (front and rear) for $1800 for this guy to make them?

Edit: I can't spell, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-02-2008).]

rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2008 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kinda discouraged about the whole thing.

He would like to make me some perfect molds and produce perfect parts. Very understandable for a professional.
I do not have that kind of money to invest, especially when I have no idea if I will sell enough to recover the cost.

What I can do is search for another small fiberglass company that will work with the molds that I have. They are very usable, just take some prep (putty in places like in the molding groves).

I also can make parts myself but it is not a side business that I would enjoy, too smelly. It's kinda fun for my car but doing a ton of production would get old quick.

I do have one rear bumper that needs a buyer.

FieroWannaBe is trying to come up with the money for the front bumper but is having a hard time with it. I should give him another week or so. If he can't come up with the money, Bridgetown was the next to say he wanted the front one I have.

i got to say i love the work you have done. when the parts were mounted was there a lot that had to be tweaked or were they pretty much bolt on? I am very interested in the complete kit, so much so that i would be will to discuss with you "investing" if you will my money too get the molds made. I would never dream of copying some ones car but would ly buy a kit of theres they were willing to produce. p.m me or e-mail if interested in my "proposal" and i can give you my phone number so we may talk easier, again great job Ray
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2008 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP for by FAR one of my FAVORITE Fieros.
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

that looks like the hood I had on my old red 87GT...bought it from FOCOA I believe... It was a little rough and didn't fit quite perfectly....and it was much heavier than the stock hood for some reason...
NYRED85GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NYRED85GTSend a Private Message to NYRED85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ever find another fiberglass company to produce these? I like what I see.

Mike
PFF
System Bot
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2008 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NYRED85GT:
Ever find another fiberglass company to produce these? I like what I see.

Mike

BUMP!
FourPoint9, any updates on the kit?
fatmerk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2008 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fatmerkSend a Private Message to fatmerkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump.
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2008 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

any updates on the kit?

I may buy another notchback. Make another pair of sideskirts.
Fit the side skirts to it. Do the body work on all 4 parts (bumpers and skirts) and make new molds (or pay to have molds made) from perfect parts.

This is not in my near future. Takes way too much time money and labor. I know from what it took to make them the first time.
If it was easy everyone would do it.

The molds I have were the very first things I ever made with fiberglass. They turned out good for a guy working in his driveway.
The current molds made front and rear bumpers that fit fine but needed bodywork to perfect. The side skirts had to be modified to fit. They rubbed under the doors.

If I want to have a shop make parts for me, they want molds that do not need prep work and they want to make perfect parts.
That's the kind of attitude we want them to have. But it makes it so they can not use my less than perfect molds to make me parts to sell for a reasonable price.
I really don't want to spend my summers making parts in my driveway. But I would like to have a shop do it for me, so I need new, perfect molds.

-Steve (fourpoint9)

Foxy Fiero13

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2008 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any chance of a person getting the old molds off of you and making the kit?? cuz ik i would like a front bumper and i dont care if it is perfect or not. if i could get the mold i would make it myself and send the mold back just to have a new front bumper
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2008 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New Pedals
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2008 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New Pedals

very nice. Fierostore by any chance?
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2008 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
AutoVation Technologies

http://www.autovationparts....re/pontiacfiero.html

They have a few other styles and sell for automatics too.

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2008 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Testing a flash web page. Not finished yet. Let me know what you think.

I think it may take a while to load. I can do a couple of things to speed it up.

-Steve

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 12-15-2020).]

FieroFanatic13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2008 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFanatic13Send a Private Message to FieroFanatic13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Testing a flash web page. Not finished yet. Let me know what you think.

Sport Fiero Home Page

I think it may take a while to load. I can do a couple of things to speed it up.

-Steve

Is a little slow, but looks very nice!
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2008 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally got around to installing my LED Tail lights from this old archived thread:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060206-2-061894.html

PFF
System Bot
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2008 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just keeps getting better. Great job.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2008 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One of the best looking rear bumpers on the market.

The front too.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-15-2008).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2008 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any pics or videos of the tail lights working? any other pictures of the tailights on the car? looks good!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fourpoint9 the car looks awesome !

Did you ever consider adding some side vents like madcurl has done on your front and rear bumpers ?

(Rear)

(Front)

Valkyrie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ValkyrieSend a Private Message to ValkyrieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Care to trade for my stock 85 SE? :P
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

any pics or videos of the tail lights working? any other pictures of the tailights on the car? looks good!

You asked for it. (I used a great song - you'll like it) It shows my LED tail lights and my stereo install.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBNt5MoRuAM

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 06-18-2008).]

AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 06:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the stage 2.?s

Your car is looking great 2 thumbs up.
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
fourpoint9 the car looks awesome !
Did you ever consider adding some side vents like madcurl has done on your front and rear bumpers ?

If I added a scoop on every corner I'd have to go wide body too.

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2008 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fourpoint9

1058 posts
Member since Feb 2004

Originally posted by AusFiero:

Love the stage 2.?s

Your car is looking great 2 thumbs up.

Thanks Aus, the scoops/sideskirts were made to match the Universal NSX Scoops I purchased and used as hood vents.

I would have bought a set of stage 2s if they worked on coupes (mine was not a GT so it did not have the lower molding)
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock