Sport Fiero by fourpoint9
Started on: 09-07-2006 09:38 PM
Replies: 455 (65369 views)
Last post by: fourpoint9 on 03-08-2024 11:49 PM
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2007 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Adam:
Can you explain how you did this? And where do you get epoxy like that? I want to make some center caps for my wheels, and possibly steering wheel as well.

I bought a kit (do not remember the company's name) that came with
round labels made for inkjet printers like you can buy here:

www.worldlabel.com

It came with two part epoxy (they have smaller sizes than the link if you call them) like you can buy here:

www.fiberlay.com

You print the labels and then mix the epoxy in the measure/mix cup and pour it onto the labels until it domes up.
I printed enough so that I had lots of practice errors and some that turned out good. Some will get dust from the air or bubbles and will not be good, but some will turn out perfect.
It's easy to pour too much and have it run past the edge.
Best way to do it I found was to pour a little on the label, then work it out to the edges with a paperclip all the way around the circle label. Then pour more in til it domes. (should be worth a plus + if you use this)

I put one on my oil fill cap

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 03-20-2007).]

IP: Logged
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2007 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fourpoint9

1058 posts
Member since Feb 2004
I bought a couple of grills that are for the Scion xA.
They are Black Honeycomb and are exactly the right size for both bumper openings.
I do not have them mounted on the car
so I had my youngest Son, Noah hold the front one in place. (I have a plan for a license plate that is removable and gets replaced with a Fiero emblem for show)

Here's the rear, New Exhaust Tips installed grill just set in place.

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2007 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is just some darn impressive work !
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2007 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it keeps getter nicer.
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info. I will have to try that.

The grills look nice. Much better than the cheap gutter guard stuff. I have some cheap stuff right now, but would really like to find something better. I would keep an eye on the rear fascia. Those exhaust tips don't look double-walled, so you might have a problem with it getting pretty hot.

Overall, I really like the way the car is looking. I just skimmed through this thread again real quick, and it's odd to see a lot of the stuff you're doing. I have a lot of the same ideas. You'll see what I mean when I post about my car. I promise it's not copying (well, I'll have to copy the centercap thing).
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what kind of tips are those?
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2007 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

what kind of tips are those?

Vibrant Proformance Dual 3.5" Round Stainless Steel Tips (Single Wall, Angle Cut)
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 04:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Vibrant Proformance Dual 3.5" Round Stainless Steel Tips (Single Wall, Angle Cut)

Hey, you know my friend Amadeus don't you?
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fierotrevor:
Hey, you know my friend Amadeus don't you?

Yes, I do ! XzotikGT and I helped him do his coilover struts recently.
Trekker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrekkerClick Here to visit Trekker's HomePageSend a Private Message to TrekkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has to be one of the sweetest Notchies I have ever seen!
Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautifully tasteful. I tell ya' fourpoint9, it's people like you who raise the bar...and me work harder.
Nice work!
PFF
System Bot
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car is just amazing. I wish my 4.9 notchie looked this good.....

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics and share some of your methods.... Keep us posted !
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, I do ! XzotikGT and I helped him do his coilover struts recently.

he is my best friend, have known him since we where like 12. he was bragging to me about your car and said he loved your bumpers, and steering wheel emblem and
something about your headliner is perfferated leather? or somthing? and that he wanted to do the same.

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2007 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Covered the Sub Box Console. It's not completely finished, the speaker is not screwed in or wired and arm pad is just sitting there. I may attach it with velcro.

I bought a used Audi TT shift boot with ring. It shipped today. It was hard to find one. The dealer wanted over 200 for one. I paid 75 plus shipping

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow, sooooooo nice... i may have to go junkyard scouting soon...
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fourpoint9,

Just curious, what kind of looks or comments do you get when u take your car out ?

Tony
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I bought a used Audi TT shift boot with ring. It shipped today. It was hard to find one. The dealer wanted over 200 for one. I paid 75 plus shipping

Wow! What a deal.
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2007 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Just curious, what kind of looks or comments do you get when u take your car out ?
Tony

Well, since it's been painted, I've only driven it to the glass shop to get new door glass, and to the muffler shop to get the exhaust tips installed. The guys at Sunnydale Muffler liked it.

It still does not have side skirts (working on them now). My wife followed me in our Suburban on both trips and said most people look at it as it goes by. She's not sure if it's the sound of it or the bright orange color, but heads turn and smiles form.

Monday Icelander came over and helped me bondo and sand on the side skirt plugs. Thanks Icelander! I have some side skirt work pics I should post.
They are starting to look good. Tuesday I re-created my paint booth. This weekend is Easter so I will have family over and it doesn't look like I will get a lot done.

CaliforniaSpeeder9

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2007 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CaliforniaSpeeder9Click Here to visit CaliforniaSpeeder9's HomePageSend a Private Message to CaliforniaSpeeder9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you want some nice photos of your car when its finished I fly free and have relatives in Renton I can stay with

------------------

iamtylerdurden

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2007 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iamtylerdurdenSend a Private Message to iamtylerdurdenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
all i can say is wow! how much time and money did this take. when im done with college i hope i can fix mine up to atleast half that!
Leafy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2007 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LeafySend a Private Message to LeafyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This thing is just an amazing incarnation of a Notchback... I really would like those bumpers 4.9!!!

What year of Civic did you mold the front with?

------------------
2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
86 Fiero SE 2M6 3.1 5 speed

www.purevolume.com/seanrainey

PFF
System Bot
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2007 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Leafy:
What year of Civic did you mold the front with?

1992 - 1995 Honda Civic Front Bumper 2 Door
Like the one for sale in this ad:
http://market.autopartsfair...atalog-item-516.html
Discount Price:$39.33
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the Audi TT on yet?
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2007 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:Is the Audi TT on yet?

Yes
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2007 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working on the side skirt plugs now.

Torch-Red87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Torch-Red87Click Here to visit Torch-Red87's HomePageSend a Private Message to Torch-Red87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Realy nice front fascia you got .
Like it very much !!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Torch-Red87 (edited 04-15-2007).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your car is a work of art and a lot of custom touches and I love it...

but I would have replaced the whole dash. Nothing dates a Fiero more than that pod dash.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice !
ub3rduck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ub3rduckSend a Private Message to ub3rduckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Nice !

haha, now that's attention to detail, you've even got the matching orange airfreshener.
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Working on the side skirt plugs now.

they look really nice
Puckhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PuckheadSend a Private Message to PuckheadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car is truly a work of art.......but the orange gauges are a little too much orange for me......

-T

p.s. you have mad skills, and, I salute you

PFF
System Bot
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hmmm....

------------------
PROJECT 1986 GT Stormbringer

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good.
Sport Fiero GT
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2007 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not a fan of notchbacks but they have been growing on me... And I fell in love with yours! Personally I like this better!
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just discovered this thread

So cool this car rocks!
fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very nice work! Just the motivation I need to finish my front and rear bumpers. Im working on some 92 Eclipse Battle style bumpers. I gave you a plus because of the link to the site that will teach me to make plugs and molds. Plus at the quality and detail you put into your Fiero. Ive almost finished molding in the rear bumper , so I understand the time and effort you put into yours. Great Job!

------------------

Project88GT build up thread

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Not a fan of notchbacks but they have been growing on me... And I fell in love with yours! Personally I like this better!

You know what that means david ??

Means you just have to get a notchback to mod now to go along with your GT !
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2007 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
You know what that means david ??
Means you just have to get a notchback to mod now to go along with your GT !

After I get done with my GT I'm considering a BMW E21 (Euro style) or a Fiero Notchback with an Ecotec.

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2007 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

molds yet ? one of my favorite cars!!
LITEDAZE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2007 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LITEDAZESend a Private Message to LITEDAZEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
beautiful
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 12 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock