Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly, I know it is going to look great when done. I have enough faith in you, Archie, and Norm for that... But the black car is not chopped. I know the nose looks great on a stock height Fiero. The chopped top makes the front look huge! But I'm waiting to see the end result instead of worrying about it now...

It's 5 weeks till the Coast Run.. I expect you to be there this year in some car! I'm the one that got you here and you go to everyone's events but mine! Get a car ready and come on! haha
IP: Logged
trots

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for trotsSend a Private Message to trotsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

A comparison view using a "painted" front nose flipper
The same flipper.

well that does look good all painted up. but with the chop i dunno. but im sure it will look 10x better painted all one color... so get to work

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Curly, I know it is going to look great when done. I have enough faith in you, Archie, and Norm for that... But the black car is not chopped. I know the nose looks great on a stock height Fiero. The chopped top makes the front look huge! But I'm waiting to see the end result instead of worrying about it now...

It's 5 weeks till the Coast Run.. I expect you to be there this year in some car! I'm the one that got you here and you go to everyone's events but mine! Get a car ready and come on! haha

Curly hehehe sounds to me like you owe Songman !

chopfren-z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chopfren-zSend a Private Message to chopfren-zEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A comparison view using a "painted" front nose flipper

The same flipper.

[This message has been edited by chopfren-z (edited 09-17-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chopfren-z:

Can someone photoshop chop the black car.

Please post request to this thread: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/048337.html

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

#20 lighting up the C6's

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Uh did u also notice the new mock up of the pisa hood scoop ?

Thoughts ???

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-17-2006).]

Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
holy hell i dont think you'll be able to see over the hood too well, and the scoop eliminates what little visibility you had. it looks awesome but appears to be impractical/unsafe.
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Uh did u also notice the new mock up of the pisa hood scoop ?

Thoughts ???

eeeehh, now i'm not so sure. I think that is too much height on the hood. I liked how the hood sloped down without the scoop. Can you get the whole car in a side shot?

[This message has been edited by 86fierofun (edited 09-17-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Funny i am not a big fan of those types of hood scoops but i actually like this one.

My biggest beef with them usually is the height, but i gotta disagree with you guys, i don't think it is very high at all, in fact i am surprised at how low it is.

Looks good to me and having sat in a choptop i don't think it will affect the visibility at all IMO.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-17-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jermz238:

holy hell i dont think you'll be able to see over the hood too well, and the scoop eliminates what little visibility you had. it looks awesome but appears to be impractical/unsafe.

Hehe. I forgot to ask Skitime if he could see over his hood. Remember, part of the flattened area will be removed for a smooth transition (maybe 2-3mm reduced?).

PFF
System Bot
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I fixed some things for you madcurl. I tried to put the new scoop on too, but the angle of the previous shots were just to far off to work

edit: My last tweek. It needed the maker lights

[This message has been edited by 86fierofun (edited 09-17-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks good to me and having sat in a choptop i don't think it will affect the visibility at all IMO.

I'll have ask Archie for a sit n' tha chair peek.

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

I fixed some things for you madcurl. I tried to put the new scoop on too, but the angle of the previous shots were just to far off to work

Thanks 86fierofun. It look much better.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-17-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New fresh Pipe dreams from FieroWannaBe -----

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New fresh Pipe dreams from FieroWannaBe -----

lol. that looks so much better than what i did. lol
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

lol. that looks so much better than what i did. lol

Hmm. Both look good to me.

Here's 86.... pumping out "smooth vent" dreams.

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmm. Both look good to me.

Here's 86.... pumping out "smooth vent" dreams.

lol. pmed you a better version (thanks for letting me steal your window fierowannabe )
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a thought, what if you moved the grill hole and foglights up?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

lol. pmed you a better version (thanks for letting me steal your window fierowannabe )

86fierofun-------a.k.a "The Dream Catcher" having late nite fun.

Curved, smoothed, and floored.
FieroRush88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-18-2006 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRush88Send a Private Message to FieroRush88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i dont like it, those lights overpower the front end.
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i think it'd be good if you could shave that pisa hood scoop down low, it looks bulky.
If you can't shave it down, leave it out. Looks good with out it anyways
PFF
System Bot
dmancheno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dmanchenoSend a Private Message to dmanchenoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRush88:

i dont like it, those lights overpower the front end.

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

i think it'd be good if you could shave that pisa hood scoop down low, it looks bulky.
If you can't shave it down, leave it out. Looks good with out it anyways

IMO.... I agree X2
Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86fierofun-------a.k.a "The Dream Catcher" having late nite fun.

Curved, smoothed, and floored.

looks better
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, all I can say is you have to see it in person to really appreciate the scoop, lights etc.

I like the regular clip - but I think Madcurls car does the scoop justice. You need to see the "whole" car to appreciate it. Myself - two thumbs up!!

The 1" the scoop does cut into the winscreen vision is - already deformed - so chop owners don't use the bottom 1 1/2" inches of the windscreen. No extra loss of visibility.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dmancheno:

IMO.... I agree X2

Too late. The hood scoope is on....sorry.

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What kind of mirrors will you use,
Would be nice with some aftermarket ones in the body color too trick the eye with the front - door line if you know what I mean.
With the original ones you have a 1 - 1 1/2" drop in the body line. from the hood too the door.
Placing a mirror in the front/upper area of the door will do the trick

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 09-18-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A downward shot.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2006 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2006 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2006 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, Wow great job on the photoshop. Archie and his crew are working hard, looks good. Thanks Norm
PFF
System Bot
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2006 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

edit: My last tweek. It needed the maker lights

This is my favorite!

JG (my 2 cents)
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2006 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Too nose-heavy. Looks like to front engine car... what is the point of that, having a Fiero?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2006 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Too nose-heavy. Looks like to front engine car... what is the point of that, having a Fiero?

This Pisa scoop is a "piggy-back" mod similar to the Ausie door rocker. In order for me to achive the desired "look" I needed this part. Don't worry Yellowstone, it ain't finished until the last layer of fiberglass is dry, hehe.

Originally posted by Archie:

I'll post more tomorrow if you'd like.

Archie

P.S. I know that some think this thing is funny looking and some even think it's a copy of something else. You'll see it's a one of a kind. Curley don't build no copies.

Hehe. Please do.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-19-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2006 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

a few more for madcurl

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2006 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by normsf:

Hello, Wow great job on the photoshop. Archie and his crew are working hard, looks good. Thanks Norm

Thanks!!!
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2006 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whoever said that the 350Z rear window was going to look bad in this car better not look at these pics.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It cracks me up Archie,...

Madcurl without a doubt has the single best eye for design and what looks good on a fiero than anybody i have seen on the forum,...period.

The guy never rolls a gutter ball.

As things develop, a lot of doubters will be doing some major backpeddling.

I love it.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-21-2006).]

Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow. I wish I had the kind of time/money to dump into a project Fiero like this! We are witnessing the American Dream.
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

can you get that shot with the whole car in it or is that forbidden as of yet?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock