Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, any chance you got some of curly's rims to toss on for a picture? Cuz it looks amazing, but its definately missing something in those wheel wells.. haha

------------------

IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Archie, any chance you got some of curly's rims to toss on for a picture? Cuz it looks amazing, but its definately missing something in those wheel wells.. haha

You mean like this ?

cire36

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cire36Send a Private Message to cire36Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

Is that part off some stage 2 scoops I see on the doors?

How will you get to the motor to work on it?
87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What an amazing car!

No disrespect intended, but it really reminds me of the Factory Five GTM SuperCar.

http://www.factoryfive.com/table/ffrkits/GTM/GTMkit.html

Love them both!!
Plastic Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Plastic ManSend a Private Message to Plastic ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the front end looks to big with the chop, it will probable look better when it's painted
fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dig it..

------------------
Artero Rebody , 18"s, 91' 350 SBC / Muncie 4spd
85.5 Porsche 944 euro *for sale*
92' Yamaha FZR 600R

Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That foam looks fun. I hate the spray cans of foam. Good job!!!!
fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly are you stickin the GT40 vents in the opening? or will that be a window?

------------------
92' Yamaha FZR 600R

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gokart Mozart

12143 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by Plastic Man:

I think the front end looks to big with the chop, it will probable look better when it's painted

I think the hood is too flat. If you look at a Vette, there's a bit of a curve around the headlights.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The car looks great, but you shouldn't draw too many conclusions on what you see right now as madcurl has tons of tweeking he plans to do.
PFF
System Bot
trots

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2006 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for trotsSend a Private Message to trotsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

i think that car should make like ashlee simpson and get a nose job.. that thing is huge! kinda overpowers the rest of the car in my opinion.

fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2006 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by trots:

i think that car should make like ashlee simpson and get a nose job.. that thing is huge! kinda overpowers the rest of the car in my opinion.

notice the wheel well gap? the car has not been lowered in the front and the rear has. thats what your seeing. once the front is lowered it will appeer much nicer.

------------------
92' Yamaha FZR 600R

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2006 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I agree that the nose is too bulbous for a chopped Fiero. I was thinking it but didn't want to say anything.. The nose looks great on a stock Fiero because that is what it was designed for. I don't really know what could be done to remedy it at this point to make it flow better. It's not really the suspension height. It is the thickness of the actual nose.

I think part of the issue is that the rear edge of the hood goes straight across to cover the wipers and that makes it appeara lot higher than a stock Fiero hood. Add that to the chop and it just looks out of proportion to the sleek lines of the rest of the car.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 09-13-2006).]

normsf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2006 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello , Songman I cant say youre wrong, though give it some time until the rest of the body work has been completed. Right now it looks like it sticks out at you as in a 3D movie, its only because its finished compared to the rest. Actually the front clip as a whole is slightly smaller than the stock front end and the height by the wipers is the same as stock, its just an illusion Thanks Norm
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2006 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm watching with interest, Norm. That was in no way a slight. Just an opinion of what I see in the pictures. I know it will look great when completed. The fact that it is in grey primer also makes it appear larger.
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2006 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

I'm watching with interest, Norm. That was in no way a slight. Just an opinion of what I see in the pictures. I know it will look great when completed. The fact that it is in grey primer also makes it appear larger.

it looked better in photoshop. I think when it saved it it changed the hue a slight bit.
normsf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2006 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello Songman, Oh no way did I take any offence I agree with your intent, not to worry it will look sharp when done. Photoshop looks better, can you put the wheel up to take the wheel gap out, make it look lower. Thanks Norm
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2006 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
norms front ends always look better in person than in pics.
normsf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2006 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello, Wow and thankyou that was nice of you to say! Curlys front end is a brand new design incorporating C6 corvette headlights. Thanks again Norm
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2006 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here you go.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2006 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah i agree, that picture gives a really decieving angle of the car making the front end appear to be larger than life so to speak. It is an illusion.

Norm said it is actually smaller than the stock one ! I have seen Norm's noses in person, he does great work and they are not excessively large.

Pictures can never do true art justice. Great job Norm.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-13-2006).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2006 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by normsf:

Hello, Wow and thankyou that was nice of you to say! Curlys front end is a brand new design incorporating C6 corvette headlights. Thanks again Norm

Does that mean I get a free one, J/k
I still can't figure out what I want done to the front end of my project if anything.
fullcircle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2006 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fullcircleSend a Private Message to fullcircleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think the best looking part is the guy in the background.
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

here you go.

I kind of wish I had a different angle to work with. I also feel bad that I "erased" the door flare on the first pic and had to add it in on the second. I think it looks pretty cool.
Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
once its done, how are you going to work on the motor? are you gonna flip it a la GT40? or do you have to drop the cradle to check the oil?

EDIT: looks sweet, forgot to give props to all involved, im jealous

[This message has been edited by Jermz238 (edited 09-14-2006).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We are currently working on mounting the 350Z rear window into the Arch Rival today.

I'll be posting a complete update tonight, but I thought I'd give you a little taste.

This is the new rear window framework. The rear window will actually be mounted onto this framework. It's made of heavy wall retangular box tubing (size .75"x1.50" & 2"x1") Note that theupper and lower cross bars are countoured each way. This whole pc. was bent & made by hand & it's a work of art.

More neat stuff on the late news tonite.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Looks like demand is real high for an update, so here we go......

A couple more pics of the window frame Rob made.

This isn't actually a frame, it's the part of the opening rear deck that the window will be bonded to.

There will be no frame around the window it'self.

See how it matches up with the shapes of the window....

The framework is going to be replacing the framework we made for the last design (the one you've been seeing all along).

It will replace the top bar & the 2 side bars. (see arrows)

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Because of the curve in the front edge of the window we have to change the arc of the roof section behind the sunroof.

We also have to redesign the hinges & mount them higher.

So after the new curve of the roof is complete, we will have to remove the original bodywork in that area.

We've already cut the radius where the base of the window will meet the original decklid.

With the curve of the 350Z window from left to right & the shape of the trailing edge of the window & the angle that this glass is going to lay at, the window intersects the decklid almost perfectly.

I'll post more tomorrow if you'd like.

Archie

P.S. I know that some think this thing is funny looking and some even think it's a copy of something else. You'll see it's a one of a kind. Curley don't build no copies.

A

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 09-16-2006).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to see a good side view to see ho well it matches the roof line.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had the chance to be with curly at archie's and hear some of the plans for this car. Archie is right it's going to be one of a kind and a killer fiero. Curly has a good eye and knows what needs to be tweaked and Archie has the crew to do it right.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh Baby!!!

Hey Archie, I ordered Rodney Dickman's 1" lowering kit. The kit should arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday and the Dakota Digital's assembly will arrive on Friday. Whereas the Z06 13" brake kit from D1S will have to wait...I'll have to drive slow on my way back to Caleefornia, hehe.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Jermz238:

once its done, how are you going to work on the motor? are you gonna flip it a la GT40? or do you have to drop the cradle to check the oil?

EDIT: looks sweet, forgot to give props to all involved, im jealous

Ah, it's a N* so there is no maintenance....just add oil and gas, hehe j/k. As you can see, the 350Z rear window is pretty wide which, will allow for checking the fluids and all other items can be checked by using the N* dash unit. Oh yeah, thanks for the compliments------good or bad. It's all good.

As for the front nose being too big? You'll have to view it in person due to the primer and various rear end mods. In reality it's no bigger than RVehalen's front flipper but, the C6 headlamps due appear to make the front nose stand out however, the Mad-Arching flares even things out.

I hope to devue #020 at D7 (granted, other fellow choptop owner will roll?) or you can view the car at Archie's before I arrive next month.

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The car looks great, but you shouldn't draw too many conclusions on what you see right now as madcurl has tons of tweeking he plans to do.

The last thing I want to do is draw conclusions. I like to guess but I don't have a clue what he has in store for the car. I havn't seen Norm's nose in person yet but I can't wait. The designs put into this car looks great and I can't wait to see it in person and in one (if that's what he's going to do) color. Keep the pics coming and continue to give ideas to everyone else, not to mention making their mouths salivate.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

The designs put into this car looks great and I can't wait to see it in person and in one (if that's what he's going to do) color. Keep the pics coming and continue to give ideas to everyone else, not to mention making their mouths salivate.

I'll have more pics on the Pisa hood scoop on Sunday (not mounted but laying on top). The Pisa hood scoop makes the Norm C6 flipper "pop." Dr. CPU was the first to inform me that it looks mean and aggresive. It also "visually" enhances the over-all look of the C6 flipper.

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great work. I love the rear window idé.

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How did you decide on the 350 window, and what others did you consider?

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

How did you decide on the 350 window, and what others did you consider?

Every since #011, I've been eye ballin' the 350Z window. I did all of the measurements, angle, and cost compared to others such as, the Audi, Infinity, and even the NSX's. The 350Z was by far the cheapest and perhaps the "best" fit. The Prism also has a nice window which is pretty close to the Fords' GT40 in size. All of the other cars that have a similar shape where either, exotic (which cost too much) or I couldn't get the exact size from the dealerships.

The worse case scenerio would be that the 350Z wouldn't fit (The 350 rear window is about $240-80ish). The main problem was trying it out on a choptop for w/o it, I'd think the angle may look funny on a bubble top Fiero? The easy part was having Archie and crew work on it w/o rushing the job. There's a lot of talent brewing at the shop waiting be unleashed and I hope to have them work on another "pipe dream" but that'll have to wait. Maybe somebody else will drop-by and unleash the talented crew???
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Archie:

A couple more pics of the window frame Rob made.

This isn't actually a frame, it's the part of the opening rear deck that the window will be bonded to.

There will be no frame around the window it'self.

Looks like the frame was made by GM. Excellent work and the curviture is perfect!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2006 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A comparison view using a "painted" front nose flipper

The same flipper.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock