Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 76)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2012 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fourpoint9

1058 posts
Member since Feb 2004
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2012 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my carpet samples today.
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2012 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 11-13-2012).]

ZarZ

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2012 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZarZSend a Private Message to ZarZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
It's time for badging.

Pete

Pete is a good man, and makes some sweet emblems. You planning on doing any modification to them? If you have the shot body color or black, then put some fine sand paper on a flat surface and gently rub the paint off the raised portion and rebuff, they will POP! That's what I have done on some in the past. Btw I find doing the sanding on a flat piece of glass gives the best surface to get even sanding across the part. If you wanted to go black in the pockets you could get some black epoxy stuff and fill them that way.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2012 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE:

The shop next door to the Detail shop installed the WCF rear coil over springs on Friday and tightened a few items up front. Meanwhile, Mima was trying to install those rear rocker vent screens, but didn't know how actually how they fit. I had to search through the thread to find the pic on page 46. Anyway, on Monday the shop will install the screens (rocker, hood, and rear bumper) on Monday and go through the entire car prior to me picking up the car on Tuesday.

If everything is okay I'll have the car trailered home. The rear springs were maxed out and I only have a two finger clearance. I forgot to have the shop measure the clearance prior to installing the newer springs. LOL. #015 will be headed to V8Archie for tweaking.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2012 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by ZarZ:

Pete is a good man, and makes some sweet emblems. You planning on doing any modification to them? If you have the shot body color or black, then put some fine sand paper on a flat surface and gently rub the paint off the raised portion and rebuff, they will POP! That's what I have done on some in the past. Btw I find doing the sanding on a flat piece of glass gives the best surface to get even sanding across the part. If you wanted to go black in the pockets you could get some black epoxy stuff and fill them that way.

Thanks. I'll try that because it sounds like a pretty good tweak, but I haven't gotten a hold of Pete. I did PM him, but no response yet. Most likely I'll order at least 4 sets (16 totaled).

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-17-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2012 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: I received the lasted picks from the Detail Shop. They installed the hood and right side rocker screen vents leaving just the left rocker and rear bumper screens left to do on the list. If everything meets my satisfaction I will have to the car home after nearly 9-months. The painted (black) hood screen vents look really good, so too the side vent.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-19-2012).]

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2012 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a chance to get off work early today and I barely made it to the shop.

Good news: The screen vents are all in.

Bad news: I should have painted the area behind the screen vents black. Oh well, I can't cry over spilled milk. It's a trial run for #015 and MadSpeed.

Sorry, I was too lazy to whip out my digital camera so I used my iphone5.

video: http://www.youtube.com/watc...g-0&feature=youtu.be

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-21-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2012 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Today was the day I took procession of #020, The Arch Rival and let me tell you-it was a wonderful feeling. I arrived late Tuesday and the chopper wasn't quite finished. I took a deep breath in and exhaled thinking it's a slight possibility the car may be finished on Wednesday. Well, after jumping on my treadmill I decided to call the Shop. Joe stated the car was ready for the pick-up. I quickly jumped in my work car and headed to the shop. I paid my balance and called the tow company. When I got around the corner they just about to hook the chopper for transportation.

The shop did a good job on Norm's C6 flipper.

I took a few pics as I followed the truck.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-22-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that's what I've been waiting for.

It looks real good without a body shop in the background.

Please take it outside your home or your neighborhood & get some pictures out in the free world.

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Congratulations Curly !

Totally excited for you. Gotta feel like Christmas a few weeks early huh ?

Can't wait to hear the public response and see more pictures.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When we arrived at home it was dark.

#015 is in the middle.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Archie:

Wow, that's what I've been waiting for.

It looks real good without a body shop in the background.

Please take it outside your home or your neighborhood & get some pictures out in the free world.

Archie

I sure will. I need to polish the rear wheels for they got a beating at the shop.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by exoticse:
Congratulations Curly !

Totally excited for you. Gotta feel like Christmas a few weeks early huh ?

Can't wait to hear the public response and see more pictures.

More like a good home cooked meal. The menu: Choptop al a cart. A #020 pound ham with red painted sauce, tasty HRE's with plenty of tweakin's. As for the response. Oh there was a lot. The truck driver had a lot to say as he drove the 50 miles home.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-22-2012).]

Ender-DI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ender-DISend a Private Message to Ender-DIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Today was the day I took procession of #020

Congratulations!! As I drove to work this morning, I saw #020 in the bay at Trends and wondered when you were ever going to get that thing back!

Don't be a stranger... Make sure you swing by when you get it all wrapped up.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ender-DI:

Congratulations!! As I drove to work this morning, I saw #020 in the bay at Trends and wondered when you were ever going to get that thing back!

Don't be a stranger... Make sure you swing by when you get it all wrapped up.

Thanks. I sure will. As I left the shop the name of the paint job I got was the, "9-month pregnancy and delivery." I dropped the car off at Trends on Feb 29th (leap year) and got it back on Nov 21st. I could've gotten married, knocked her up and gave birth. LOL. Joe (the owner) was happy to paint the car, but they had a real hard time with all of the various curves and shapes on the car.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2012 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And the crowd goes
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2012 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You make me want to own a chop-top. Enjoy the verry nice car in Cali., your baby is home now.
PFF
System Bot
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2012 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl,
I gotta say that I wondered how this car would turn out at first but I gotta say that it is now one of the most off the charts badass looking Fiero's anywhere. It really looks awesome and you have in your own words "tweaked it to perfection" LOL Congratulations man it is a real piece of work and the paint looks real nice even in pictures. In my book so far this custom and the wicked notchback widebody red car with the turbo vette engine, and the widebody NON-chopped yellow car and of course Troyboys car are the top fieros around here amazing work guys.,..peace

Pete

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So Curly what are your thoughts and or observations now that you have her home ??

When do you install the audi style DRL ??
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should really consider having your car professionally photographed.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
So Curly what are your thoughts and or observations now that you have her home ??

When do you install the audi style DRL ??

Actually, I'm shocked that #020 is resting inside my garage for I had know idea the shop was going to finish the car last week. This might sound crazy, my thoughts have been looking at #020 body lines and what I can tweak from onto #015. LOL. I also spent the entire weekend looking at different lights and other tweaks to be made on #015. My observation (in my mind) I think it's a winner and will look sleeker and more exotic than #020. I've spoken to V8Archie so he knows I'm coming with the car. Thus what I couldn't do on #020 I will have done on #015 using the MadArch widebody kit. This time it's going to be called, "The Arch Nemsis."

As for the car, I need to head down to the local DMV. The temp tag has expired and I need to get started with that SB100 crap. It's a pain having to go through it all over again even though the testing should be done like the other states-FROM THE TAIL PIPE!!! I already had the CHP, brake, and lamp inspection. As for the Audi running lights. I need to stop by WCF and have Steve make a simple bracket and attach the light either to the C6 or fog lamp housing. However, I need to have the rear HRE chromed and that might take several weeks.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-02-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2012 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

You should really consider having your car professionally photographed.

Sounds like a good idea, but for now-that's more like July of 2013 or so. I need to get the interior and some minor tweaks on the outside done first.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car battery: DOA

I got a new one free of charge.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-28-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Now that's the type of rear end I like looking at.

I got a chance to buff the rear wheel, but rain caught me so I only got one side. It took me at least 45-min to buff one wheel and it's still not completed. Lots of over spray ended up on the wheel. I used the polishing samples I gotten from SEMA.

Started raining; to be continued

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The shop had to repaint the Camero hood vents, but overall I'm pleased with the outcome.

The simple, but yet important hood tweaks fit nicely with the rest of the body.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Re-hooking the wires today.

Now that the rear hatch is painted red I will have to ditch the black for red.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like they say on ESPN.....

C'Mon Man! ......

Roll that baby out in the driveway & take some decent pictures.

C'Mon Man!

Archie
PFF
System Bot
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car looks good! But what's going on with that garage?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Car looks good! But what's going on with that garage?

Thanks. Too much crap inside my garage and most if it from various builds. As soon as I can get #015 out of my garage and to V8Archie I can then see the light of day. LOL
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Archie:

Like they say on ESPN.....

C'Mon Man! ......

Roll that baby out in the driveway & take some decent pictures.

C'Mon Man!

Archie

That was my game plan, but my grandmother is in the hospital and that situation is causing me one gigantic headache due to relatives not coming together. Today was the day to polish the wheels and takes some good pics, but that too was a "no go" because a storm just passed through CA. The thought did cross my mind to switch the wheels which would've been faster.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's turning out great, but I think the exhaust tips kind of retract from the exotic look of the car. I think you need something that matches the rest of the caliber of the car.
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

It's turning out great, but I think the exhaust tips kind of retract from the exotic look of the car. I think you need something that matches the rest of the caliber of the car.

I agree, something like the magnaflow dual oval stainless tips would do wonders. Love the entire car though.. it's beautiful.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 04:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

You are correct. However, the only modern pipes I like are the single wide and that would involve changing the bumper design were the exhaust is in the center. Besides, things are starting to clutter inside the garage and old stuff needs to go and those pipes are from 1999 from #011. LOL. I salvaged them and had WCF do their magic.

Pm answered

Nostalgic diggings resulted in finding my old #011 (original) tail pipes and the after market ones I had prior to the N* swap.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by InTheLead:

I agree, something like the magnaflow dual oval stainless tips would do wonders. Love the entire car though.. it's beautiful.

Back in the day I asked Kevin at D1S about that and he said that it wasn't enough room for dual ovals (the same style he carried). I was looking at it and said, "Hmm..." I would have gone that route if I hadn't did a 360 in Rockford after Katrina had pass through. I lost the single tip thus I only have three to work with and D1S is out of the business so I used the old after market tips that were sitting on the shelf. When #020 arrived at V8Archie I only had one tip.

Before:

After:

Maybe on the the next build, but #020 is done.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I personally like the tips on the car.

Not a fan of the oval ones,.... but to each his own.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2012 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This weekend was spent removing over spray from the engine compartment. I found out that one of the main screw used for the 350Z hatch is missing. I also had to figure out how to re-hook the wiring for the shop had disconnected the system and may have broken the wiring on the rear deck lid switch.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-03-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock