Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 75)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah those smoked marker lights make a big difference. Look reaaaally good.
IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Charlie64:

How much longer before you're done Curly?

I hope for this Saturday, but seriously my guess is the day before SEMA.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2012 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by exoticse:

Thanks Tony. The orange markers were okay, but the black follows the theme from the front of the car to the back. I hope to change over to C6 black headlights to enhance the them, but for now I really want my car back from the shop and I didn't want them to take additional time and money to smoke the red C6 headlights and I needed to purchase another left side black headlight anyway. Also, the side markers also come in clear too (good for maybe a white or yellowed colored Fiero).

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-18-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2012 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How much longer before you're done Curly?

I called today. The chopper is ready. I hope to pick it up on Tuesday or Wednesday. It's time to get going on the interior.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2012 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by exoticse:

You got mail.

C6 headlamps are mounted along with the fogs too. The shop also re-aligned the doors and side mirrors. This Monday (I hope) the car will be transported to the buff' n shine shop and I hope to get the car back on Tuesday or Wednesday. The pics are from the shop via iphone4.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-20-2012).]

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2012 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2012 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WICKED SICK!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2012 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WICKED SICK!

Thanks. Sorry for the poor quality pics, but those are the pictures the shop sent me via 4.9 (Thanks Steven for posting them). As you can see I didn't bother to have the surrounding foglight painted painted black. I seriously want to get my car home so I can look at it and begin my next project with Trends. I'm not 100% sure I have enough time to replace the coil-overs and get to the alignment shop. Plus, the car hasen't been ran for nearly 7 months (except for starting and moving it). Still I need to hook up all of the various items and install the beautification parts around the engine-plus polish!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2012 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#020 will not attend SEMA 2012 and I had a funny feeling this would happen. The last time I had a funny feeling like this was during the last chop top reunion. Any these pics are for the replicants.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-24-2012).]

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought you were going with the blacked based Corvette head lights since the reds didn't match.

Did I miss where you changed your mind to stay with the red? When are the led's being installed?

Other than a massive cleaning in front what else remains to be done?
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

I thought you were going with the blacked based Corvette head lights since the reds didn't match.

Did I miss where you changed your mind to stay with the red? When are the led's being installed?

Other than a massive cleaning in front what else remains to be done?

I was going with the black C6 headlights, but that was going to take too much time besides the red C6 headlights grew on me. Other-than-that somebody burnt throw the right rear hip (I don't know where, but when I arrived it was already repainted). With only four days before the show the paint needs at least one day under the heat lamp and another for waxing leaving only 1-day to put everything back together, power wash, and spit shine the chrome. I'd rather take #011 and call it a day and not be worried and tired from cleaning.
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 04:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I was going with the black C6 headlights, but that was going to take too much time besides the red C6 headlights grew on me. Other-than-that somebody burnt throw the right rear hip (I don't know where, but when I arrived it was already repainted). With only four days before the show the paint needs at least one day under the heat lamp and another for waxing leaving only 1-day to put everything back together, power wash, and spit shine the chrome. I'd rather take #011 and call it a day and not be worried and tired from cleaning.

Fly me home from China and I'll help you get her all cleaned up and ready for the show. Would be nice if you could take both cars. I'd even drive one for ya.

Glad to see everything coming to a close, can't wait to see your next project go through its tweeks and refinement.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing new to report except they repainted the rear rt side clip (they accidently burnt through the clear during buffing).

as you can see that the rear clip has been repainted.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-25-2012).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking pretty good.

I'll bet you can't wait to get it out on the road.

I may have missed it along the way, but aren't the side marker lights supposed to be flush mount?

Archie
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly how much longer till you get this thing on the road?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Looking pretty good.

I'll bet you can't wait to get it out on the road.

I may have missed it along the way, but aren't the side marker lights supposed to be flush mount?

Archie

I gave up last week and a half when I saw the shop was no way of finishing the car on time. I tried to keep my hopes up, but it was in the end-it was a pipe dream. I told the shop to take there time for I'm not going with the car and I don't want to rush. Joe (the owner) made arrangements for me to get in the show so I might go. Oh well, summer is over so there's not much driving anyway unless it's in town, but your correct. I can't wait to get my car home so I can at least look at it inside the garage. LOL.

As for the side marker they're just sticking on the car and not mounted from behind, but they're pretty close with how the rear side markers are sitting now. The after market markers are a bit thicker than the OEM when I tested both styles in the front which they had to trim the part down somewhat. No doubt I will have to remove them for CARB for they might "ding" me for having them.

Anyway, thanks Archie for building my dream car for it was truly an adventure. I have other ideas with #015, so tell the talented crew I shall return (but this time with a plan and not drawings and pipe dreams). #020 is nice, but in my mind I think #015 will be better.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2012 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by GADJet:

Curly how much longer till you get this thing on the road?

At this rate-another 2-weeks I guess. The shop is going to SEMA, so next week is moot.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2012 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, believe it or not, but I just called Trends and #020 is ready for buff'n shine and the flat bed tow truck is delivering it to the detail shop top. They said it should take 2-hrs to buff (give them 4-hrs and don't sweat it) and then the will mount the screens and various little parts. Still, it's too late to make it to SEMA with the car, but I'm happy either way. They also realigned the doors and mirrors.

However, we did encounter a small problem using the new front tires. Although, the Michelins are the same size as the P-Zeros they a bit wider and rubbed during full turns on the inside. They had to do some minor trimming where the wheel well and rocker. I did notice that the 255/30/19 are wider. I still need to install the WCF rear coil-overs I gotten from Chris West. That should provide more room for the 345/25/20's in the rear, plus the 18" are shorter in height and width.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2012 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
More pics coming from the shop. They cleaned out the C6 Fog lights. There was some dust and rust inside the housing. They also readjusted the C6 headlights for a better fit. I'm ordering interior carpet that Bat City Fiero posted too in beige. I have to wait to see the three samples before ordering.
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2012 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2012 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like the black accents, only concern is how visible are the tail lights in sunlight and is it legal in Cali to have it that dark?

Don't want a senior kissing your tail...

Originally posted by madcurl:
Nothing new to report except they repainted the rear rt side clip (they accidently burnt through the clear during buffing).

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2012 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Like the black accents, only concern is how visible are the tail lights in sunlight and is it legal in Cali to have it that dark?

Don't want a senior kissing your tail...

Actually, I told them to smoke the tail lights very lightly in around the light area, but I guess they didn't hear me. I have three other sets so if there's a issue I can always remove them. However, it's not like I'll be using this car as my daily driver, but any alteration to the original light will cause a LEO to pull you over.

Meanwhile, the car is back on the corner again hopefully for the last time. The should be ready by this Friday, but there's no rush since SEMA is out of the question.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2012 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having your car on the corner is good advertisement for them!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stubby79:

Having your car on the corner is good advertisement for them!

Yep. Or a good reason for causing near misses and/or accidents. I just called the shop and the detail guy just told me he's finished one side already and should be completed around 14:00hrs on Saturday. They will need another day to place all of the various parts back onto the car. Most of the employess are currently attending the 2012 SEMA show in Las Vegas, NV.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just called the detail shop and they informed me that the car is finished Joe is coming by to inspect it and it is okay in his eyes they will be adding the parts back onto the car and I should be able to pick it up tomorrow or for that matter Wednesday
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

You got mail.

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2012 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Steven. I called the guy and we joked about the paint being burnt. I'm glad the car is finished and now I can move forward. I spoke to a company at SEMA for a air ride system on all corners using Helds. I have a long way to go, but at least the outside of the car looks okay.
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2012 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MadCurl, That is one beautiful piece of work...

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2012 04:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jb1:

MadCurl, That is one beautiful piece of work...

Thanks. The build is slowly coming together.

http://www.youtube.com/watc...skQ&feature=youtu.be
PFF
System Bot
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2012 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that is sweet! i checked out the other vids on this one too.
the paint looks like glass....
You gonna drive her soon?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2012 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace5514:

that is sweet! i checked out the other vids on this one too. The paint looks like glass....You gonna drive her soon?

I doubt it due to the weather and all, but in town maybe, but I seriously need to have installed a roller scrap bar in the front. I don't want to damage all the work that was put into the nose. I got in late yesterday right before the shop closed to inspect the car. I saw a few areas that needed more TLC. I took this brief video, but it was getting dark outside.

http://www.youtube.com/watc...KXKL5YWVSoFx75Qb4OTA

Problem areas: yellow tape

The shop is coming back to paint the black window railing.

They did install the front and rear grills.

SEMA link. Lost of good ideas there.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...6/HTML/060802-6.html

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-07-2012).]

Ender-DI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2012 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ender-DISend a Private Message to Ender-DIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw it yesterday as I was walking around during my lunch break. Looking good!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2012 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I stopped by the detail shop and went crazy with the green tape. A few areas need more attention. Over-all the car looks good, but not good enough. I give it another two weeks before completion. I did drop off the "beautification" kit for the engine compartment. I'm going to need to chrome those strut tower plates.

Things to do:

1. Install the rear wheel wells.
2. Install the side, rear, and hood vent screens.
3. Fix minor defects where the green strips of tape are located.

I sent pics to 4.9 from my iPhone5.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-08-2012).]

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2012 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2012 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I called the detail shop today. They fixed the minor issues where the green tape markers were.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2012 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOOKING GOOD.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 11-10-2012).]

Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2012 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

LOOKING GOOD.

Most definitely! I was at a weekly car club meetup this morning in northern VA. Lots of Ferraris, Porsche, Lambos, Aston Martins, Audi R8s, Vettes out the yazoo, a Ford GT, a Telsa, a Nissan GTR, old school cars and trucks, and then there was my car. Everyone was impressed with my car...then I showed them pictures of both of your magnificient choptops. I had to convince some people that both yours and Curly's cars are still Fieros

[This message has been edited by Charlie64 (edited 11-10-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2012 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a set of rear springs from WCF several weeks ago and I'm having the shop next door install them. This will allow for additional inner barrel clearance for the rear tires if I decide to use the 345's in the rear. The shop found my wheel well liners, but didn't have time to install them. In other news, the C6 flipper underneath looks smooth as butter. Paying the extra bucks was well worth it. I sent 4.9 a pic.

It's time for badging.

Pete

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-10-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock