Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 73)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (256067 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2012 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The backside was nice and polished.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-02-2012).]

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2012 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CCR, "Down on the Corner"

Twinn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2012 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TwinnSend a Private Message to TwinnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any chance we could get a video walk around of this vehicle. I would really like to see the wide body kit and rear window at multiple angles.
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll second that...
especially since it's all nice and shiney...lol
madcurl, how about a little short vid??
al
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Twinn:

any chance we could get a video walk around of this vehicle. I would really like to see the wide body kit and rear window at multiple angles.

I'll try that this or next week using my GoPro, but the only other quality video was done by V8Archie when I left his shop in 2008 I believe and is found somewhere in this thread. I made a few bad quality videos, but in no way worthy enough to post-bad resolution.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

CCR, "Down on the Corner"

Wow...........I can't believe the girl on bicycle is not rubbernecking to look at your car.

GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OH MY! GM needs to see this and re-release this car as a Chevy Curl! This is a wonderful work of art.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

OH MY! GM needs to see this and re-release this car as a Chevy Curl! This is a wonderful work of art.

Thanks, but the hip Arches (pardon the pun) were V8Archie's idea. He's from the muscle car era and suggested it. The other side was more euro in shape (smooth). Lots of the ideas I can't take credit for because many photoshops were done by many here. It really was a fun project but it's time to move onto better mods on another chopper.
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks, but the hip Arches (pardon the pun) were V8Archie's idea.

Those hips with that back glass are fantastic! It gives it a nice unique look. I must say, if/when I ever get my mad arch kit I'll have to take the same hip design. May look funny with a notchback but id sure like to see one.

Props 2 you bro. Nice look.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These pics are for exoticse. This is the normal MadArch rear wide body bumper. The jury is still out on this mod, but from looking at it Joe and I think by tracing the edge and then using that as a templet the splash might work. The part fits better on the stock MadArch kit.

Ang84Indy

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ang84IndySend a Private Message to Ang84IndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

The Chevy Curl... I'd buy one!
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Vents, screens and F360 base are painted.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good as always !

Curl when they going to paint the trim around the rear hatch vents ? Is that still in the plans ?

When they going to put the lights, vents, and mirrors back on ? Where are the hood vent inserts ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-06-2012).]

mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2012 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want it someday i'll have a cool car.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2012 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

C6 Flips it's lid!

Okay, as the song says, "Killing me softly"-Carly Simon and another song, "I ain't wit it"-Paul Laurance R&B. I wasn't having it! This was bugging me so I decided to tell Joe about it. Although the C6 headlights, fog lights, and Audi driving lights might cover up some of the areas, but as Troyboy always says, "The owner looks at everything!" Oh well, another two more weeks, but who's counting.

A bit more money to do the job, but even a Lamborghini badge could fix this problem .

(resting on two soft chairs).

The C6 flipper is resting on two soft chairs as the worker sands down the rough surface. The C6 flipper is nice for various headlight applications and such, but is a pain to get it right for you need to tweak the underside. Too bad the nose isn't offered like this, but that's what tweaking is all about. The pics were taking on Tuesday and the shop is saying it might be another two weeks before completion. Plus, they need to repaint the 350Z side vent area black too.

#020 has taken me nearly 6-years to date and I'm very pleased with the outcome thus so far. The MadArch widebody kit took time, the C6 from Norm's took time, bugging V8Archie to death took time, and dealing with my own desires and wants took time. However, now that the madArch kit has been produced my ideas are flowing real good. #015 (I hope) will look better than #020.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-12-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2012 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 350Z side vents are now being prep'd for black paint and underside pics of the nose are coming soon. Joe at Trends had a unique idea for the vents, so I told him, "It's your call. Remember, the Fiero paint job has Trends brand on it so it must be the best Fiero paint job coming out of there."
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2012 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The prep and painted 350Z sides have been painted and the nose is now primered and ready for paint and Tony is resizing and posting pics (thanks Tony). The vents are painted for better visuals and to break up the overall look in the rear. Most of the exotics I've seen (like the Audi R8 or F3360) have the vents black. I'm not 100% sure this is a winner, but we'll see. If anything it will make the 350Z glass area appear larger and create definition to the area. I should be in town to inspect the results late Tuesday (if I make it before they close) or on Wednesday.
example of breaking up the visuals

Anyway, enjoy the pics sent from the shop using a iphone4.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-18-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2012 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The 350Z side vents are now being prep'd for black paint and underside pics of the nose are coming soon. Joe at Trends had a unique idea for the vents, so I told him, "It's your call. Remember, the Fiero paint job has Trends brand on it so it must be the best Fiero paint job coming out of there."

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2012 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony. As you can see the shop re-tweaked the original yellow tape line and made it slimmer. I'll find out if the idea worked once the 350Z hatch is back on the car. Next is the black out lining near the Lotus wiper blade.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2012 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Charlie64

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2012 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2012 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I decided to have the Camero vents painted red, but leave the small strip inside painted black.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-19-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2012 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curls is the car going to SEMA ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2012 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The process of smoothing the underside will take another day or two. The result will be a complete one piece design without the rough underside and will look good even with the C6 flipper completely opened. The extra money spend for this was well worth it.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2012 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
A person can discover a few flaws once the top is flipped. When I got there the shop was already on it! They will have to re-shoot the entire front flipper again. Oh well, re-tweaking does pay off-in this case. Expect another 2-more weeks before this paint is completed. No biggie for I'm in no rush.

Meanwhile the smoothing continues;

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2012 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Getting it right, is the way to go. Time is just that time.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2012 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before & after pic.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-20-2012).]

nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2012 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
really like alot of the work, but even before you posted this before/after pic, I was wondering "why didnt he have them paint the underneath (the red framing under the vent)"
it visually contradicts your purpose of blacking out the window surrounding. Hints of color is good in the right places, your car is red, but the 'flash' of red under the vent isnt needed borderlines overkill, but more importantly makes it look unfinished and you didnt look at the "details". i know you have been meticulous on this buid, but it gives off the impression that the job was overlooked. hope you give it a thought, and cant wait to see it all done

[B]

JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2012 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They say the devil is in the details well looks like your kicking his butt Curly.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nightonfire:

really like alot of the work, but even before you posted this before/after pic, I was wondering "why didnt he have them paint the underneath (the red framing under the vent)"
it visually contradicts your purpose of blacking out the window surrounding. Hints of color is good in the right places, your car is red, but the 'flash' of red under the vent isnt needed borderlines overkill, but more importantly makes it look unfinished and you didnt look at the "details". i know you have been meticulous on this buid, but it gives off the impression that the job was overlooked. hope you give it a thought, and cant wait to see it all done

I knew there was somthing I over looked. They will be pissing when I call them today.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2012 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony. I just called the shop and we both had the same idea on cut, polish, and waxing the underside prior to mounting the C6 flipper. On Monday the shop plans on flipping the hood and retracing the areas I wanted black accents near the Lotus wiper. In other news, I called the interior guy and he has a small window opened for #020, but just the seats for now. He has some pretty good ideas so I'm letting him do his thing. No replica badges, just the Fiero crest or nothing at all. He is shaving 2" off the top of the Corvette seats. This will allow the seat to fold forward and not interfere with the roof section.

(also provide more visual when looking from the small sail window).
He said it would take 1-week to complete. Will do section-by-section with the main dash and headliner last on the list. The interior color will be beige. We need to make the interior "pop" and black wasn't going to cut it.

In other news, I got the temp tags for #020 which will allow me to move the car from shop-to-shop. The local DMV was quick (only 90-mins) from the time I got in line that was forming outside the door to actually leaving ninty minutes later. I presented all of my documents showing why the car isn't registered and the guy was all cool about it. No headaches at all for I presented the insurance, the documents showing the time the car entered the shop to current date, and how uuch more time needed . Tags were $131 bucks and that's a lot for a nearly 25 yr old car, but CA is sticking it to the people! Anyway, more pics on Monday I hope.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-22-2012).]

nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2012 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Believe me as a fellow perfectionist, I know that it comes at a price, LOL

I knew there was somthing I over looked. They will be pissing when I call them today.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2012 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nightonfire:

I was a bit worried about telling the shop they needed to do the area in black, but today I did. Little did I know Joe was going to do it, but wanted to wait. In other words-no charge. Anyway, some progress on the hood accent. Joe added a bit more black accent than I originally wanted, but I'm okay with it. The idea is to reflect or draw attention away from the height of the hood and to make the hood appear not as long. At any rate, I'm through for this nose has been in the paint booth twice.

This week the shop will be testing which C6 headlamp to use-black or red.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2012 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2012 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking good Curly! but it's time to take her home before you hit the overkill button .
Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2012 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes it is at the overkill point now STOP.

[This message has been edited by Boogaloo (edited 09-27-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2012 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

looking good Curly! but it's time to take her home before you hit the overkill button .

Yeah but more so, since he has several "MORE" cars to finish ! hehehe,...
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2012 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Originally posted by Boogaloo:

Yes it is at the overkill point now STOP.

Oh we're done with #020 with the exterior. The shop will add the splash guards, side markers, and all other lights, but officially "it's a wrap." As Tony mentioned, it's time for the other Fiero(s) to get tweaked.

Originally posted by exoticse:

Yeah but more so, since he has several "MORE" cars to finish ! hehehe,...

Hey Tony, the shop has a few pics of the installation of the C5 headlamps. Can you resize and post? They mentioned sometime on Friday, but as you know-that means Monday. LOL. Either way, I should have the chopper back by at least 05Oct2012 on a Friday (if everything goes right).

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-27-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2012 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No problem.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock