Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 72)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Steven. I'm going down to BAK on Wednesday with the photoshop in mind and to finalize the deal. I was thinking about doing the entire bottom half of the car.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I'm through. #020 is finalized and now it's a few minor tweaks and off to the cut n' polish shop.

The HRE's are a perfect match for the Victory Red.

THIS IS A 18/20 WHEEL SET-UP

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-22-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Now for the details:

The black out C6 side makers match the car perfectly and copies the front black out area too.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-22-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Simply beautiful.

Congrats curly, a loooooooooooong time coming.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MadArch Twin brothers.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
20x12, 345/25/20

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2012 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
18x8.5 's up front on 245/35/18 PRosso

before: 20x11 (r), 305/25/20 (next set will be 325/25/20), 19x7.5 (f) 245/35/19 (IMHO this size is too big for any Fiero)

after:

The correct Wheels makes makes the car. The wrong wheels won't.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-23-2012).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2012 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FANTASTIC!!!!!

when do you take her home?
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2012 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sure you must be pretty happy

I am looking forward to seing pics of the car all together.

The car is coming out great

PFF
System Bot
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2012 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is substantially bad ass.....
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2012 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

FANTASTIC!!!!!

when do you take her home?

My guess is two more weeks. They have to buff not only the outside, but under the hood too. Once home I'm just going to look at it for at least a month.

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

I am sure you must be pretty happy

I am looking forward to seing pics of the car all together.

The car is coming out great

Happy and at the same time relived that at least the exterior is completed and I wasn't feeling this way until yesterday when I mounted the wheels. Truly 6-yrs is a long, long time for a build and I still have the suspension and interior to go.

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

That is substantially bad ass.....

Thanks. Trust me that in the beginning even I had my doubts, but everybody came together one-by-one and pulled it off. Only a few words that made such a impact was Troy's and The Prezz. Now that the MadArch wide body is on the market anybody can tweak the kit to they're liking for all a person needs is imagination.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-23-2012).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2012 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Thanks. Trust me that in the beginning even I had my doubts, but everybody came together one-by-one and pulled it off. Only a few words that made such a impact was Troy's and The Prezz. Now that the MadArch wide body is on the market anybody can tweak the kit to they're liking for all a person needs is imagination.

LOL, I remember the day I told you that the original nose looked too "hot rod" for the euro back end, you were up all night and the next day we were at Archies and you got the green tape out and by the end of the day the boys got to cutting. It's almost like the day you made me look at HREs when I told you I only wanted to spend a max of 3,500 on a set of rims and tires, lol we know how that turned out. once again fantastic job!

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 08-23-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2012 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Picked up a set of rear springs from WCF. I need a bit more clearance for the mordbidly fat 345's.

Originally posted by Archie:

I've been asked about wheel sizes that would fit with the WideBody.

This new WideBody that we're doing for the back 2/3rds of the Fiero GT is 73.75" wide at the centerline of the rear wheel. The Stock Fiero Gt body is 68.375" wide. So the WideBody is 5.375" wider than stock, which is 2.69" wider per side.

According to the calculations I've made on the rear wheels for chopper #20 the Wheel is 11" wide & has a 11mm positive off-set. The car we are working on right now has 8" long Coil-Overs & there is plenty of clearance to the spring & perch.

Curley's car has 10" coil-overs & he has a lot less clearance to the spring (less than 1/2") with these same wheels.

As you can see Curley's wheel is about 3/8" inside the top of the rear wheel opening.

Troy's car has wheels that are 12" wide & has a 7mm positive offset & has an 8" coilover. In prevoius fittings Troy's wheels would not Curley's car because the rim touched the 10" coilovers.

IMHO, Troy's wheels would fit this WideBody with the wheel sticking out all the way to the upper lip of the wheel well opening & yet still clearing the 8" coil-over.

Note: this information is for '84 thru '87 Fieros only.

Archie

GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2012 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is insanely beautiful!!!! Boys, yall got a high bar set!

I'm spectating!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2012 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can't wait until the mirrors, taillights, hood vents, headlamps, and marker lights are in, then we will really see something bad a** !

Great job curly.

Too bad Cali is really strict on window tinting. That would be like an extra cherry on top.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2012 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
I can't wait until the mirrors, taillights, hood vents, headlamps, and marker lights are in, then we will really see something bad a** !

Great job curly.

Too bad Cali is really strict on window tinting. That would be like an extra cherry on top.

Yes, it's a pain that CA is strict on window tinting and it's easy revenue for the state if you have tinted windows. #020 would look sweeter with them and would match the sail window too. In other news, #020 is being towed on Saturday to the detail shop. The shop is attaching the hood and deck lid to prevent any damage during transport. The detail shop is about 3-4 miles away.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2012 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Photoshops from fiero4.9

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-27-2012).]

bomluuk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2012 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bomluukSend a Private Message to bomluukEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My guess is two more weeks. They have to buff not only the outside, but under the hood too. Once home I'm just going to look at it for at least a month.

Just make sure that you keep taking lots of pictures so that we can look at it for a whole month as well!
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2012 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was thinking about doing the entire bottom half of the car.

Needs MOAR black.

Not sure how to make the sideskirts look good in black with the way they are shaped, but the front lip and bottom edge of the back bumper would look great with some black added.

Good stuff Curly, glad to see this vehicle nearing completion.

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 08-27-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2012 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Needs MOAR black. Not sure how to make the sideskirts look good in black with the way they are shaped, but the front lip and bottom edge of the back bumper would look great with some black added. Good stuff Curly, glad to see this vehicle nearing completion.

It was tough decision for it could go either way and the only other car I looked at was the Ferrari F599. I was thinking of only doing just the rear and front and leave the rocker as-is like the F599. Mayby on #015 I hope to change up use more black outs. One thing that Trends said was, "If you use more black outs you're going back to the original paint scheme from 1987 Fiero were the ground FX are grey." Seriously, one can lose their minds trying to make a decision especially standing in 100 degree heat looking at a freaking 25 yr old car.

In other news: Trends can't find the hex bolts that attaches the front flipper to the actuators which means they can't transport the car to the detail shop.

Example of rear/sides black out:

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-27-2012).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2012 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It was tough decision for it could go either way and the only other car I looked at was the Ferrari F599. I was thinking of only doing just the rear and front and leave the rocker as-is like the F599. Mayby on #015 I hope to change up use more black outs. One thing that Trends said was, "If you use more black outs you're going back to the original paint scheme from 1987 Fiero were the ground FX are grey." Seriously, one can lose their minds trying to make a decision especially standing in 100 degree heat looking at a freaking 25 yr old car.

Funny how "trends" go round in circles, isn't it? No pun intended

That's why I kept my ground effects black. If people say it looks outdated I just have to wait a little while. Eventually the trend will come back and I'm ahead of the game!

Either way you choose to go, it will look great. Hurry up and get it back together! It's been a long time coming.

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a chance to go by the shop and the chopper was already towed to the polish gig, so I turned around and drove over there to see the installed tail lamps.

On Wednesday the cut n' polishing begins. I'm having my work car repaired so I will be drooling at #020 for 2-hrs as they do their thing.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-29-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The shop installed the PONTIAC lamps and I think the combination of the Camero bow-tie wing and black out areas go very well with the lights. It appears to make the lights bigger and with definition.

Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks just AMAZING.....SO....are you selling those 19's ??

Rick

------------------
http://i252.photobucket.com...ec/2007_12240001.jpg

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

Looks just AMAZING.....SO....are you selling those 19's ??

Rick

No. The 19's (the one mounted up front) are for my work car's winter wheel or used whenever my cars needs shop repair work.
Ender-DI

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ender-DISend a Private Message to Ender-DIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice to see you at Trends again! #020 is looking great!

Here are the pics I snapped:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ender-DI:

Nice to see you at Trends again! #020 is looking great!

Nice to see you again (six months later).

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-30-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
C6 Flips it's lid!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-31-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Time to get down to business and the best place to start is were best area that I like about #020-the nose! It took three shop to nail the look I wanted, but I got it in the end. On the nose their using a 1000 and on the other areas like the fender they are using 2000. The reason being is the fenders, rear bumper, and hips where done with 1000 earlier.

During this time I brought my lunch, pulled up a chair, micro waved my food and enjoyed the show. The shop states that it will take at least three days to complete. It's been my experienced that you double what ever a paint shop tells you and then add another to it. My guess it will be 07Sept2012 before they conclude and then another week to re-mount all of the parts onto the car.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a call from the detail shop and they're finished. I'm going by to check out the shine.

Meanwhile, the battery was low. I disconnected the interior lights for shops are notorious for draining your battery, but in this case the car hasn't been charged since Feb 29, 2012.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's looking great Curley.

We can't wait to see it all put together & on the road.

You've been working on this one for years, I'll bet it feels good to be about done.

Archie
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl
the car looks great but when are you going to level out those nasty crooket exhaust tips they make the rear of the car look lop sided
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

madcurl
the car looks great but when are you going to level out those nasty crooket exhaust tips they make the rear of the car look lop sided

Maybe in two more weeks. The shop obviously moved one of the tips downward in order to mount the rear bumper for they were level when leaving WCF.
@WCF

As I mentioned it looks like two more weeks for I found a few areas that need additional cut n' polishing. That said, the paint was banging when I drove up. I got a chance to see if my idea of using C6 splash guards looked. A little tweaking is in order, but it appears to be a good item to use and save my paint from the rocks. Joe will trim the inner and outer to the conture of the Mad bumber.

A hand held dremel should do the trick.

As you can see all that is needed is to trim back the area seen in the pic.

And to smoothly trim the inner piece too.

The idea is to make the part look OEM and since the black wheels stick just a bit these splash guards should come in handy. Last night I tried it on #015 and it was a better fit, but still tweaking is in order.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-01-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I had to go around traffic today and took a different route down Kelly ST which allowed to view #020 from the side. I must say it was brighter than two days ago, but I'm very picky so did a walk around and found a few little areas on the nose that needed more wet sanding for I could see orange peel.

As you can see from this close up pic there's orange peel. The other side facing the traffic/sun was okay.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aside from the area noted the sides where smooth and without orange peel or fish eyes.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2012 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Archie:

It's looking great Curley.

We can't wait to see it all put together & on the road.

You've been working on this one for years, I'll bet it feels good to be about done.

Archie

Thanks Archie. Yes. it sure feels good knowing #020 is just about completed, but like Troyboy. I will be following in his foot steps in getting the interior done and suspension upgrades. I sure needed a few of your business cards last Tuesday and Friday for people kept asking where they could buy the kit. It's truely amazing how a 25 yr old car can be transformed into a modern looking Fiero and the main reason why they knew it was a Pontiac Fiero was due to the tail lights. Nobody even mentioned that the car was chopped for they were too busy looking at the details of the car.

I'll see you and the Crew this year with #015 (God willing). Trust me, I have some ideas that will make #015 look way better than #020. So tell the Crew to get ready for we're going to tweak the MadArch kit beyond what is currently seen.

Here's a preview from 2004 that will be apart of #015.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-01-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2012 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock