Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 71)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2012 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Looking good Bro, just let me know when I should buy my JetBlue ticket. I'll introduce you to Jennifer L.

Thanks. You know we need to make that SEMA show this year.

The body needs some minor adjustments. I'll check back (I hope) next week.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-18-2012).]

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2012 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Satin try-outs.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2012 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The tail lamp hasn't been painted, but we got a good idea of what color to use. First applied was satin black which was okay and looked like a factory OEM, but we all agreed that a gloss black would be better once the lens is cleared.

The little side vents allow for the tail lamp to appear larger and as one unit. It was very, very hot in town and I had to leave. I might be back later, but other-than-that nothing new to report.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-01-2012).]

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2012 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you need to get the car painted, assembled and washed before making any permanent decisions.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2012 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Come on Curley don't go cheap now, buy a set of new OEM tail lights. . IMOA painted lenses are "ok" but OEM are best if you can find them check the mall or Ebay. They will be good for another 20 years.

The car is looking GREAT!!!

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 08-01-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2012 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshua riedl:

I think you need to get the car painted, assembled and washed before making any permanent decisions.

The decisions were based from viewing #013. Both cars share (some) of the same features; color, body, and wheels.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2012 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by troyboy:

Come on Curley don't go cheap now, buy a set of new OEM tail lights. . IMOA painted lenses are "ok" but OEM are best if you can find them check the mall or Ebay. They will be good for another 20 years.

The car is looking GREAT!!!

I will be saving up for a set of those LED tail lamps.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2012 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I will be saving up for a set of those LED tail lamps.

In the works my friend, project should be completed by the new year.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2012 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The underbelly is coming along-slowly but surely (pics resized by fiero4.9).

No clear.

Monday clear coat. I decided that since the C6 Flipper exposes some of the under belly I decided to have the shop smooth some of the roughness down a bit. They only re-did the surface that are exposed and getting in & around the Audi light was going to be costly so I decided to past on that.

I might have some time this week to come down and take pics, but the weather is too hot there, so maybe next week. That is all.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-14-2012).]

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Satin try-outs.

Good move. I like it. But you should tint the rear lights like I did on mine to get a complete rear on that beauty

I uesd 4 layers of tint spray. On the inside and then some polisch on the outside. Looks like new and original

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 08-15-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:

Good move. I like it. But you should tint the rear lights like I did on mine to get a complete rear on that beauty

I uesd 4 layers of tint spray. On the inside and then some polisch on the outside. Looks like new and original

The previous pic I posted was some what misleading for I was seeing how the satin painted wing (vs gloss black) looked next to the GT tail lamps. The shop is painting the tail lamp with a very light tint for a "new" look. So yes, I'm doing actually what you're doing.
PFF
System Bot
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, looking forward to see them.
Love your cars. They are a great inspiration.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I stopped by the shop today. I needed to test a few paint schemes out before the shop moves forward. Since the bright red is somewhat over powering I decided to tone the color done a notch by painting some of the areas in gloss black as accents. IMHO the nose being one color looks some what kit kar-ish and that something I don't care for. The overall theme is to allow the car to look modern without being a replica or a clown car.

Starting with the Camero bow-tie wing: Black accents.

Tail lamps will be slightly tinted and clear coated.

wet sanded:

Black accents continued: I laid down some tape to get a sense of how it might look.

As I guessed, having the divider painted black wouldn't pull the look I wanted.

Now, how about the inner lining. I didn't tape the entire area, but you get the idea.

Comparison pic:

Comparison pic:

Comparison:

IMO I think the black accents breaks up the overall color and gives the C6 Flipper definition.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-16-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Moving along to the hood details. I like that the Camero hood vents were added to breakup the boring area and now the center "V" is removed and now sports a small raise similar to the Lotus I saw many years ago. At first I thought it looked good, but it appeared it was competing with the large "V" vent. Although, the first shop didn't work out, but they did lay done a nice "V" hood leading to the Camero vents.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Vents:

Back-up Lexan:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
To be continued:

On Friday the shop is painting the rear and accents on the hood and maybe a clear coat. I also dropped off a pair of C6 front black side markers to match the rear side markers. Joe also decided that the main vent (the side edges) are to be painted black. I also dropped of the C6 front headlamps. We're going with the black instead of the Victory red lights. If I decided to go with black interior with red stitching and sport the black HRE center wheels this project just might look good. Seriously, the red is over powering. On #015 I'm going black or white.

Photoshop from fiero4.9 dated 4/28/2008 using the black headlamps.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-17-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Photoshop by fiero4.9

turbodad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for turbodadSend a Private Message to turbodadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stop kidding yourself, you won't be happy until you paint the whole thing black with 10 coats of clear!!! And it will look awesome!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbodad:

Stop kidding yourself, you won't be happy until you paint the whole thing black with 10 coats of clear!!! And it will look awesome!

Hehe. You're correct.

17Aug2012 pics sent to me from the shop.

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will the Camaro vents be black?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Will the Camaro vents be black?

Yes. We're using my back up C6 black headlamp and my back up F360 mirrors will be painted black too-there's too much red. All vent screens will be painted black. Using the black HRE 547's (same as Leroy's) and the interior will be black with red stitching.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-17-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 08-17-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The tail lamps have been tweaked to match the black accents.

My guess is that the lamps will fit in nicely with the back end being painted. I like this idea for the MadArch wide body kit is a kit you can tweak to your own liking or leave as-is (I don't like as-is).

The shop got started on the front compartment. It need a clear coat and we're all good.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Front compartment continued:

I know appear to have a "Star Trek" icon on my hood, hehe.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Star Trek arch continued:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2012 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the "black eye" idea from viewing newer cars on the market namely Porsche. They seem to be using black accents in and around fog and driving lights. IMO I think this paint scheme breaks up the red and gives the front end more added details. The goal is to keep the eyes moving and not to remain in one location.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2012 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2012 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2012 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
#020 should take another 2-3 more weeks before completion (mid Sept). Next week they're mounting the hood, the front blacked out side markers, side mirrors, and minor body adjustments. After that it sets for another week to dry in the hot sun and then wet sand, cut, buff and shine. I think I will have the shop paint the center console too. No rush for the summer is nearly over. Then it's time for #015 tweakness.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2012 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I purchased these smoked side makers. This will add some detail to the side vent as is the case for the rear.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/C6-...p=mtr#ht_6825wt_1366

To add a bit more OEM to the back side I bought these too: Splash guards. I'm not 100% sure they'll fit but the guards are made of plastic so it can be tweaked.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gen...0e9f2#ht_1500wt_1366

The 20x12's stick out a wee-bit (1/2" more) than the 20x11.

20x12

I hope to be able to side in the splash guards behind and maybe in front of the wheels.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2012 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

The tail lamps lens had several areas where delamination started to appear. Since the outer layer was to be slightly tinted the shop masked off the lettering and brake/reverse area andthen painted the exposed area black. Later, they applied a light clear coat, then wet sanded both surfaces. I know others here have re-tweaked the inners and paint. However, in my case I needed the outside surface to blend in with the blackened Camero Bow tie wing. Now with the outer surface painted I can always buff and shine if outer suface is scratched.

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2012 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Very, very nice.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2012 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Very, very nice.

Thanks Tony. #020 has come a long since 2006.
From this:

to this

to this

to this

To this.

The break-up look. Granted the center mesh grill is black too thus you're eyes are allowed to stop and look.

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Like new, but better ;o)
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:

Like new, but better ;o)

Why buy new when you can tweak the originals. I killed several birds with the stroke of a paint gun. Eliminated the scatches, the delamination, and got a slight tint all in one.

This week the shop will have the Camero hood vents and center grill painted to get a better idea of how the chopper looks. Hey, I might be able to have them place the hood on the car too.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I called the shop today and the paint job is now completed. I'm going by on Tuesday to check for final approval and then the car is off to the buff n' shine shop. I might slap on the black 547's just for visuals.
Charlie64

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2012 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2012 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First off the weather is brutal in BAK! I took a few pics and laid down some more black tape were more tweaks are needed and I left. I'll come back with black HRE for visual on Wednesday I hope.

You'll notice that there's black tape near the Eclipse windshield. I decided that the edge and a slight black following the hood is in order. This will visually shorten the nose a bit and give the window more definition.

The black accent remove some of the kit-kar feel and more OEM. The accent also break-up the visuals and allows for a person's eye to stop and then move on. Otherwise, IMO it would be too much.

The enlarged side vent gives the nose depth and more exotic flow.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-21-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2012 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Changing the color near the 350Z vents to black. The laying of black tape.

Sorry for the horrible pics of the wheels.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-21-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2012 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock