Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Hehehe,....you won't believe what he has in store.

The Pisa hood scoop has arrived awaiting Norm's C6 flipper. Oh Norm, there's only 3-weeks left....

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-20-2006).]

IP: Logged
fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
are you puting a raised scoop on the front?

------------------
Artero Rebody , 18"s, 91' 350 SBC / Muncie 4spd
85.5 Porsche 944 euro *for sale*
92' Yamaha FZR 600R

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2006 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt3800:

are you puting a raised scoop on the front?

The original "pipe dream" thread here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043192-8.html

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-20-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2006 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here you go Archie:

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-21-2006).]

wicky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2006 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wickySend a Private Message to wickyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG curl, did you draw that?! That is sick as hell! I like those quarter panels! Very nice.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2006 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie and crew back at !

These pics showing the flaring (widening) of the Archie Style IRM rockers to flow better with the corresponding widebody.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2006 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Normandy Invasion: Norm invades Machessney Park next Wednesday.

Status Report. Project C6 flipper is completed. What's left? Fine tuning and sanding prior to the invasion.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2006 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

West coast/ East coast widebody connection !

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2006 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2006 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some pics to update this thread a bit.....

Then we start fiberglassing it in.

More to come tomorrow.

Archie
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
now i know to keep that melted rear facia i've got. thanks.
PFF
System Bot
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Philphine

6136 posts
Member since Feb 2000
but there's something i've always wondered and needed to know.

is there a different resin used for the facias? something more flexable? is it something a shade treer can buy somewhere?

i've used bumper epoxy on some projects but it'd take a bunch of tubes to do that much blending.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love how the hatchback is taking shape...is that gonna be a ducted vent behind the rear (rear!) window ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Normandy Invasion: Norm invades Machessney Park next Wednesday.

Status Report. Project C6 flipper is completed. What's left? Fine tuning and sanding prior to the invasion.

The Invasion has been post pushed forward to next Tuesday. The Commander is a little behind, hehe.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Invasion has been post pushed forward to next Tuesday. The Commander is a little behind, hehe.

But the troops keep marchin' on.......

As you saw last time, we've fiberglassed & screwed the rear fender caps onto the rear clip.

Then we took the rear clip off & put metal bracketry on to keep the panel where we want it.

Then we foamed it, I didn't get any pictures of the metal work but I'll show you how we did it again on the rear bumper.

Here's the foam after it's been trimmed down on the undersides of the fenders...

Then we fiberglassed over the foam.......

All the foam really does in this case is to keep the parts in the desired shape. So we can put the fiberglass where we want it & not worry about gobs of filler cracking.

Here's how we did the rear bumper....

Once we got it to the shape we wanted it, we reached into the wheel well & installed these brackets.....

Then we close it in at the top with a pc. for flat material & some tape.....

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Now we get to do the foam....

Mix it, this is more than enough for both ends of the bumper.....

Pour some in.....

But not too much......just that little bit is going to be enough.....

And watch it grow.......

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2006 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
After it sets up, we trim it off flush. Then we will glass over the end like we did on the rear clip.

Now I gotta show you this picture........ I think this car has set a new record

Can you tell me what record I'm thnking of?

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Now we get to do the foam....

Mix it, this is more than enough for both ends of the bumper.....

Pour some in.....

But not too much......just that little bit is going to be enough.....

Wow! Archie and crew are doing a great job.

That liquid stuff reminds me of old "Brellcream" comercial. Just a dab will do ya.....
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie and curly are taking the fiero to the next level. I can't wait to see this awesome creation!
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now I gotta show you this picture........ I think this car has set a new record

Archie

How about the Fiero buiilt with the most fenders and bumpers used ?

timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've seen some very multi-colored Fieros, but if I were to guess, I'd say that's the record. =P Or maybe amount of glassing done to mod the body?

I can't believe more people aren't commenting on that rear window you're putting in! That will look very sharp! It'll be nice to show off the engine, like on bubbajoe's stretch project. Yes, you definitely should make more windowed rear clips. Except, at $1500 per rear window glass...umm, ouch?

I assume this is the "at least one mod never ever done on a fiero?"

IMHO, it'd look better as it is in that last pic [without the GT40 below-the-rear-glass vents].

I don't know if it's painted yet, but your new chop would look awesome painted black, Curly - the red headlights would be the "bold splash of color" like the seats in:

[This message has been edited by timwdegner (edited 09-03-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timwdegner:

I've seen some very multi-colored Fieros, but if I were to guess, I'd say that's the record. =P Or maybe amount of glassing done to mod the body?

Correct, that's what I was looking for. I think this is the "Most Colorful inprocess Fiero we've built" JScott's Chop was the previous record holder but I think it's been overtaken by this one. We have all different shades of Brown & Tan with Red & dark red, Black, Blue, Gray, Silver & shades of green (in the filler on the door). We have just about every color here.

Originally posted by timwdegner:
I can't believe more people aren't commenting on that rear window you're putting in! That will look very sharp! It'll be nice to show off the engine, like on bubbajoe's stretch project. Yes, you definitely should make more windowed rear clips. Except, at $1500 per rear window glass...umm, ouch?

I assume this is the "at least one mod never ever done on a fiero?"

IMHO, it'd look better as it is in that last pic [without the GT40 below-the-rear-glass vents].

Remember in the Wizard of Oz movie. Where Toto, is pulling open the curtain on the old man pulling the levers & shouting into the microphone. The old man notices the curtain coming open behind him & shouts into the microphone, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain".

In my best Wizard of Oz voice, let me say, "Pay no attention to the rear windows you've seen before & Pay no attention to the rear window area you see now because it's all been redesigned once again.".

I'll have to get Curley's permission to tell you about the new plan & show you the mock-ups.

Archie
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think this is the "Most Colorful inprocess Fiero we've built" JScott's Chop was the previous record holder but I think it's been overtaken by this one. We have all different shades of Brown & Tan with Red & dark red, Black, Blue, Gray, Silver & shades of green (in the filler on the door). We have just about every color here.

Archie

It looks good...I definitely could do a widebody that way, but not on my #14... two years later I'm still trying to get it painted all one color. I never thought I would see those red and black panels on my car again, but it's sanded down to the base colors again! Argh

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly's redesigned version of the rear window, is much better IMO. If you like the old one, wait till you see the new one !

Hang in there Jscott,...the rewared will be worth it.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Man this thing is coming right down to the wire for the choptop reunion !

Cmon Norm, buddy u can make it happen !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2006 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Man this thing is coming right down to the wire for the choptop reunion !

Cmon Norm, buddy u can make it happen !

General NormanSF has landed! (well, he's left and is in route, hehe).

The Deployment of Operation: C6 starts.......

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-06-2006).]

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2006 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Uh-oh! Looks like I spied Bob's Corson 512sitting there. I am hoping that 6-speed makes it back in time for the Coast Run!

And the fiberglass parts on the rival are looking very cool!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2006 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Uh-oh! Looks like I spied Bob's Corson 512sitting there. I am hoping that 6-speed makes it back in time for the Coast Run!

And the fiberglass parts on the rival are looking very cool!

I talked to Bob last night. Looks like he wants a set of HRE's.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2006 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OPERATION: MIDNIGHT MADNESS

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2006 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OPERATION: MIDNIGHT MADNESS

Norm's fiberglass is in the house !!

Norm Doing his thing.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-07-2006).]

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2006 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Changed the lower edge infront of the tires
to go better with the rockers.

------------------

87 notchback 4.9L Updates Here

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2006 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Changed the lower edge infront of the tires
to go better with the rockers.

Yes. I like tweeking, hehe. Thanks fourpoin9.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2006 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good Curly! It's almost that time...
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2006 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If Curley checks PFF before he heads to the airport then he'll see this, otherwise you'll see the flipper before he does.

timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2006 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fantastic work Archie, Curly, Norm, and everyone else involved! I can't wait to see it painted.

I think Archie and Norm should share a shop.
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2006 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly's redesigned version of the rear window, is much better IMO. If you like the old one, wait till you see the new one !

The Deployment of Operation: C6 starts.......

hmmmm.... maybe? sorry for the bad pic but it's not my fault

lets try this any photoshoppers?

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 09-08-2006).]

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2006 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gokart Mozart

12143 posts
Member since Mar 2003

What's that red panel behind the car?
Things that make you go Hmmmmmm....
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2006 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:
hmmmm.... maybe? sorry for the bad pic but it's not my fault
lets try this any photoshoppers?

Hmm that reminds me of this italian car
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is that part off some stage 2 scoops I see on the doors?

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 09-11-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

Is that part off some stage 2 scoops I see on the doors?

Yep !

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/042351.html
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock