Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 68)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
Charlie64

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2012 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anxious to see how yours turns out Madcurl. Awesome so far.
IP: Logged
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2012 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Charlie64:

Anxious to see how yours turns out Madcurl. Awesome so far.

You have a PM.

Prior to buff

Eventually I may have to use this on #020.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-05-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2012 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

any updates on the paint?

Not yet. These are a few older cell phone pics of where they are evening out the rough edges and lining up the parts. I'm not sure if I'll have time to stop by the shop any time soon (maybe in two weeks?). I have few more older pics, but I need to down load them. In the meantime enjoy, but there really isn't nothing here to see. I hope to have the car home by mid April. Right now, I'm making plans for #015 to be either shipped out or driven out.

The Audi opens widened a bit.

Vent moved over a bit.

Just what I really wanted. Removed are the high front like hood look and now is more streamline w/o fluff. One of the crew mentioned this to me while at Archie's.

Main vent flows into the corners of the Camero vents making all things uniformed and simple.

Although at first I thought the "V" look was okay, but I think by it being smoother makes it a tad better IMO.

headliner

Rockers, doors, and rear deck lid removal

Looks like I'm back in the dust house again.

These HRE's are going to need a serious shine.

Pulling parts for paint.

Trends wanted me to bring the side door glass for mounting. I'll do that next week.

A bit of rust on the doors.

The color to be used.

#020 is headed back in the original spot for the making of the flange for the Audi and smoothing of the underside of the flipper.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-04-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2012 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Glad to see the audi lamps going back in !
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2012 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump to show off new pics above.
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2012 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Bump to show off new pics above.

Good bump. Cool to see these bad boys are still getting some use!

Glad to see its getting ready for paint! Exciting stuff madcurl, this car has come a long way!

[This message has been edited by 1988holleyformula (edited 05-05-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Prepare yourself folks,...from what i saw from the booth today this car painted is going to slay.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a call from Joe @ Trendzs. I decided to play a visit to see the progress. I think "Victory Red" was my best choice for color for the Arch Rival. It's bright enough as-is and there's no clear on the paint. A bright yellow or orange would work well in this case. I spotted a few flaws so they're redoing it, but here are a few pics.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-09-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sick !

Just reaffirms my choice to also go RED !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Sick !

Just reaffirms my choice to also go RED !

Any other color that isn't commonly used on exotics can be used on the choppers. The guys and I were imagining #020 in black and it wasn't going to have that "pop." I'm glad I changed my mind in not using the brandy wine pearl.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
C6 flipper removed for Audi driving lamp tweaking.

Door, rockers, and rear bumper for painting.

Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks amazing! Can't wait to see the completed paint job on this stunning creation!

The first generation mustang came in Ford red colors; rangoon red, poppy red, and later signal flair red....I'm guessing if this red you are going with is "victory red", the mustang in your picture is not being restored to original?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Reallybig:

Looks amazing! Can't wait to see the completed paint job on this stunning creation!

The first generation mustang came in Ford red colors; rangoon red, poppy red, and later signal flair red....I'm guessing if this red you are going with is "victory red", the mustang in your picture is not being restored to original?

I'm not sure for I don't know the owner, but if he/her is using the "victory red" then they're not going original. Currently, there's three cars using the same color. A tricked out truck, Mercedes, and the Mustang.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by madcurl:
11-24-2009 12:13 AM
Look what Brown delivered!

Gees, for a moment it felt like I was opening the Ark of the Covenant. Don't look- turn away fool!!!!

Being that only 19 or 20 sets were made- this is indeed is special.

Package tighter than King Tut artifacts from Africa!

Now it's time to deliver the other 2-sets.

It's about time, hehe.
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
MC

I noticed a lot of the chop top Fieros have that cloth draped over the impact beam on the doors. Is there a reason behind that.

Dave
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

MC

I noticed a lot of the chop top Fieros have that cloth draped over the impact beam on the doors. Is there a reason behind that.

Dave

From what I remember when asking V8Archie (I might be wrong) but the cloth is more of a preventive maintenance keeping the Lexan windows (during the coaching phase) from scratching the windows. I'm not 100% sure if the lexan ever touches the beam for mine dosen't appear that the cloth was actually worn.
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am glad this car is getting some paint
I am looking forward to seeing it done

do you think you might bring the car to Daytona ?

I am just curious....

What did you mean by "It's bright enough as-is " ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

I am glad this car is getting some paint
I am looking forward to seeing it done

do you think you might bring the car to Daytona ?

I am just curious....

What did you mean by "It's bright enough as-is " ?

Not enough completed choppers in FL. Maybe if Tony gets his chopper completed? As for, "It's bright enough as-is" that was just the first coat w/o any clear. Once I came back today they had shot the clear and it was brighter than bright! Still it would need a cut and shine so #020 paint job is truly the brightest car I've ever owned (and #015 was bright red from the factory).

Here's what I mean. Take a look at this. Vampires everywhere are licking their chops!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I dropped off the choptop door glass today.

I had to pop the top.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOOKING GREAT!!!!

"I LOVE THE SMELL OF FRESH PAINT IN THE MORNING"

"IT SMELLS LIKE VICTORY (red)"
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

LOOKING GREAT!!!!

"I LOVE THE SMELL OF FRESH PAINT IN THE MORNING"

"IT SMELLS LIKE VICTORY (red)"

Good one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBksHaTQCbU
Charlie64

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paint has been a long time coming, looks great so far.

Also nice to see you had a change of heart and didn't go with black. I remember saying a few pages back that the body lines would be lost in black. Bright red, now we're talking
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Reallybig:

I spoke to Joe and the Mustang owner isn't going orignal color, but wants the "Victory Red."

Here are a few pics when they opened the doors.

More pictures I hope on Monday. The doors, rockers, 370Z decklid, and rear bumper should have their first coat of paint. The C6 fliper still needs the pocket openings for the Audi's.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl
that colour is identical to the red that was on my 1967 suburban it was at that time called commersial crimson red only used on chev trucks
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why do I think of this car?
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Work of Art... Now we just have to pick a major car show in between NY and CA and no Curly SEMA is not in the middle .
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Why do I think of this car?

I saw one at SEMA in 2010

Close, but no cigar.

UPDATE: The rear bumper and doors are being prep for paint! I should have pics by Monday or Tuesday.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-12-2012).]

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait to see the paint finished. I believe SEMA is between Atlanta and California.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much to report today, but they sprayed the first coat of red (no clear) today on the door skins and F360 mirrors.

It was a good thing that I dropped by because they forgot to paint the top back side where V8Archie added the door flares.

while I waited around for them to spray the first coat of clear I spotted this.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-15-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
First contact: clear coat.

Fumes inside the spray booth, but I manage to sneak a few pics.

meanwhile, the car baked in the sun
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Rockers and rear bumper prep. Paint on Tuesday (I hope).

deep reflectors pockets.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

I'll try and dropped by the shop today for rear bumper pics.
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW Curly!

I haven't been on this forum for quite some time, and glad to see one of the best Fiero's ever built finally getting paint!!

I will definately be checking back more often to see this beast completed!

------------------
Order Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html
Other decal, poster, banner, floor graphic needs, go here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/045657.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion pushing 350 ponies!!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

WOW Curly!

I haven't been on this forum for quite some time, and glad to see one of the best Fiero's ever built finally getting paint!!

I will definately be checking back more often to see this beast completed!

Yeah, this build is taking long enough like 6-yrs and counting.

Anyway, the car is getting into shape with a few more items on the list to be tweaked and finally painted.

Meanwhile, the door caps and F360 mirrors are drying in the sun.

No time for the rear bumper, but they did start smoothing out the primer coat.

Reuben informed that the crew will be painting the rear bumper on Wednesday, but I think the shop pretty much has it bagged. It's time to get going no #015 now.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2012 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Emmanual informed me that both rockers and rear bumper is now painted leaving just the C6 flipper and the 370Z deck lid to do. Pics in a few.

Edit: my internet connections are currently at work.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-18-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2012 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Thanks jscott.

They only sent me one pic of the rear bumper. I'm still awaiting the rockers. LOL.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2012 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What colour are you painting the inside of the headlights?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2012 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

What colour are you painting the inside of the headlights?

Victory Red.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock