Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 66)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
RULOOKIN

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2011 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it looks like you are looking at colours black is nice but thta car has beautiful lines and a candy red will make it pop with the chrome it will look fantastic take a look at 2003 corvette 50th aniversery colour its a 3 stage burgendy (candy red) would look perfect !
IP: Logged
pavo_roddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2011 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

AHHHHHHhhh!!! Just spent the last 2 1/2 hrs going thru this thread.... Hahaha, wish I woulda kept better track the first time around!! lol............. One question, are those C5 Corvette seats???

AWEsome car, superb inspiration you are Madcurl.....!!

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen.... An advancement, of other
voices I came across.

S.F??, hint, it's a car manufacturer....

Do not walk infront of me, I may not follow. Do not walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend forever.
-unknown- found here: http://crystal-cure.com/love-quote.html

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

HI all

AHHHHHHhhh!!! Just spent the last 2 1/2 hrs going thru this thread.... Hahaha, wish I woulda kept better track the first time around!! lol............. One question, are those C5 Corvette seats???

AWEsome car, superb inspiration you are Madcurl.....!!

Yes.

Now isn't this "ground breaking news" #020 is headed to the shop after two years of tweaking it (alarm system, stereo system, engine beautification, brakes, power steering, and partly the dash). I wanted these item done before I headed the to the shop. I talked to the owner on several occasion regarding what I wanted and expected. The Audi driving lamp housing are made and ready for glassing in and the details regarding what I wanted done on the hood.

The Arch Rival needs serious alignment, but I was only traveling 1-mile. It felt good driving a choptop with glass in the back. The weather was nasty and little hints of snow.

Actual pics as I'm driving:

on the roll pics:

Gotta love those F360 mirrors. They add a touch of exoticness to a choptop.

Both gauges where working as the they I left V8Archies (I hooked up the Caddy pod here in CA-darn Smog reps!).

As some already know you have to have the Caddy dash installed to pass the CA smog laws. I hope they won't go "stupid" once they see all of the bling in the back. I'm trying to get the car under the special construction specs. The car must not look like a "Fiero" is what I heard. So far, the majority of people that has stopped me doesn't know it's a Fiero.

#020 itched into the radio bezel.

Almost there.

Audi driving lamps w/housing made by WCF. Thanks Steve.

Arrived w/o serious issues.

The shop is performing is the fiberglass work and cleaning up some of the areas in and around the headlamps and other things. The car was supposed to be painted nearly two years ago, but as I indicated I felt it needed additional tweaking. It should take 10-days and then #020 is off to the the paint shop down the hill. Who know I could have them paint the car.

#015 is next.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-13-2012).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Inside the shop.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Some of you might recall my mishap with IL hwy a couple of years ago. I have a slight outer lip bend on the right front HRE. It's not that bad and i can take it to a shop in town to bent the lip back a bit. Along with that the major bump caused my inner fender to ripped off and busted one of the three mounting points from Norm's C5 flipper.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
This needs tweaking.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Moving onto the Audi driving lamps. With the housing done by WCF the area is ready for the lamps. The shop will make a shelf or roof for the lamps to be bolted onto. The fog lamps will have a layer of fiberglass laid on top and up the side in a L-shape. Prior to this I had Dan make some eye lids to be placed on top and in front of this area. The eye lids will be chromed to add some pop to the area similar to the Saturn Sky chrome accent piece.

The mock-up: Page 60

Richard and I did a quick mock-up and he agreed that the part should work as planned. IMHO I think by opening up this area allows for a nice personal touch and not your typical bolt-on application. Once the part is shaped into place-my goal is to have the part chromed. I can't take any credit for using the Audi lamps. That was Troyboy's idea.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-19-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2011 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another reason for the delay is that I wanted the side vent larger and to resemble the rear side bumper for a uniform look. The shop will clean-up this area.

before pics:

Now modified

It also allows for more curves and dips, ins and outs in the nose.

Uniform look front and rear;

I should have progress pics this week.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-20-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2011 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
It has been my experience that anything past the wheel hubs is a bit too much. Therefore I decided to not allow the modification to pass the center of the wheel hub and too reduce the height and reshape and make the "V" wider. The Camero vents will continue but less. As you can see every area that needed some attention is marked-up.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2011 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The shop was kind enough to send me pics today. The shop owner is working and since it's only him he said he could get started on a few project w/o distractions. The first pics are of the "V" vent on the hood. I had them cut down the hump and flare the "V" out a bit for a more streamline appearance. I hope to get more pics on Saturday when I arrive at the shop. I sent a few pics to Tony. Oh yeah, Mark the owner suggested that I go Pearl not black on the car. I guess when a painter wants you to go a different color-maybe it's time to change my mind again. LOL.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2011 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Damn Curly you are all over this. Nice to see your wide body modified so it does not look like the rest. Just an opinion please dont flam me anyone.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry curly still waiting on my net to be hooked up after the move. Viewing this on my phone.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2011 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

The shop was kind enough to send me pics today. The shop owner is working and since it's only him he said he could get started on a few project w/o distractions. The first pics are of the "V" vent on the hood. I had them cut down the hump and flare the "V" out a bit for a more streamline appearance. I hope to get more pics on Saturday when I arrive at the shop. I sent a few pics to Tony. Oh yeah, Mark the owner suggested that I go Pearl not black on the car. I guess when a painter wants you to go a different color-maybe it's time to change my mind again. LOL.

I agree with you my friend 100%. Nobody in the Fiero world that uses modified body kits should never-ever bolt the part directly to their car. Take the time and make your car your "own" and keep them guessing as-to what it is your driving and what you've done to it. Granted, there are a few items a person can't change (like headlamps, side mirrors, and brakes), but if the part is fiberglass you really have no excuse-unless you want to be like everybody else at a Fiero show.

Tweak it first and if you can't do it yourself-pay somebody. As for #020 I really wanted those side vents to match the rear and there was a few items on the nose that needed some attention. If I had painted the car 2-years ago the items being worked on now would've bugged me to no end. The engine compartment bugged me more than anything else. A person really needs to ride around in the unfinished car prior to paint. Once you do that you'll know what is needed. That's my .02.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2011 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by exoticse:

Sorry curly still waiting on my net to be hooked up after the move. Viewing this on my phone.

No problem. I should have more pics on Monday. I can't wait to see the car! Good news: Dan sent me my wide body rear bumper from FL. I found out why it took so long to deliver. The part was so big that they waited from each point until there was enough room to ship. Peoples luggage are far more important than a bumper, so I have no proplem with that. Meanwhile, since I'm not using it on #011 I have to figure out how-to tweak it for the project car at WCF. The project car needs a CAT so the current exhaust will need modification.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2011 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More pics later on today.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2011 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I stopped by the shop, but since hundreds of people might viewing the thread he wanted me to wait till Tuesday for pics, hehehe. Anyway, from what I witnessed the main vent is looking good and the outer edges are tapered down with a slight raise leaving the center as-is. The "V" is more outward leading to the Camero hood vents.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, we're getting a bit behind.

The "V" is now widened out towards the Cameron vents.

The large side humps are gone. Replaced with a lesser raise.

Sides are less

Gone is the straight line back.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2011 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Progress:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2011 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some progress this morning.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, I didn't get an appointment with the smog rep. Somehow, DMV told me to make an appointment and go, but it's the other way around. I need to go and get the SB100 application first. Thus the shop hurried up and laid down a coat of primer so as to protect the surface. The car isn't finished and thus the work will continue until next week. Some of the lines aren't even (as you can see in the pics) but that is due to me wanting to pick the car up and drive it to the smog rep place.

The shop will straighten out the uneven lines. Mark has made the templet for the Audi driving lamps and should be on the car by next week and correct various flaws. At least you get an idea of what I'm wanting on #020, so enjoy. The guys in the shop want me to paint the car hot red. I think black is seriously being over ruled.

As you can see-the shop will go back and straighten the nose vents later this week.

The "V" is now outward leading to the Camero vents. The vents will house LED turn signals. The vents and hood scoop add depth in the boring areas.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-07-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Hood not completed: Posted for your visual enjoyment.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
there is a test of the new aventador in car and driver this month and they mentioned how a black paint job hid all the body detail . check it out before you paint .
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Very cool !
Syn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynSend a Private Message to SynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

there is a test of the new aventador in car and driver this month and they mentioned how a black paint job hid all the body detail . check it out before you paint .

with as many bold details as this has I think it will be fine, nothing is really subtle on this car.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2011 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bad news. Due to the powers that be #020 must be at the DMV office on Jan 3rd and it is no way that the car can be painted in remaining 21-days. I was under the impression that you needed to submit pictures prior to the certificate of Sequence, but the DMV said otherwise. Therefore, the paint will have to wait until DMV take the necessary pictures. The shop will continue with fixing the various components. That is all.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-09-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2011 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting frustrated with the shop. I was promised that the car would be completed on Wednesday. Well, nothing was done. All that is need is to block and straighten the V-hood, side vents, Audi lamps shelf and re-tweaking the edges on the C6 headlamps. If not completed by next Tuesday I'm picking up my car.

The good news is that the hood looks better now than it was when it arrived.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2011 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, time for some progress pics. I stopped by the shop expecting an excuses, but I got nothing. These guys got right on it and when I arrived I was quite pleased. Richard worked on the "V" for 8-hrs and decided that it looks better with a sharp line. Nothing else was touched, but they are back on it on Friday. I'm picking up the car on Wednesday. They seriously want to now paint the car and we're working out the details. Anyway, on with the show.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics continued:

Next week they should be finished with the small "v" and the sides. I'm not 100% sure they will be finish the Audi driving lamps.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The guys at the shop asked me who did the body work on the car. I told him V8Archie in IL. As he rubbed the backend of the chopper he said, "He did a excellent job for I'm having a hard time trying to get the front as-good-as the back end." One thing about V8Archie and the Crew. "They get the job done and in a timely fashion." Too bad the shop is 1900 miles away.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2011 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think this car has had more nose jobs than Phyllis Diller
PFF
System Bot
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2011 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

I think this car has had more nose jobs than Phyllis Diller

LOL Will it ever get painted?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2011 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

LOL Will it ever get painted?

According to CA CARB I have to wait until January 2012 to have them issue a Certificate of Sequence (that's if you are able to get one). I talked to a person today that gave me the 411. You might have to wait for several hours to get it. Only one operator answering the phone and everybody is calling in from various DMV offices. The car must be present at the local DMV with all documents in order and given that the shop is running a bit behind I couldn't chance it with them any longer so I picked the car up.

Not much work is done for they didn't have enough time to install the Audi lamps and clean up the areas that need attention. However, they did get the main "V" fixed, but they need to smooth down the small "V." Today, I got the tires pumped up and drove the car around (14 miles) and received plenty of looks.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2011 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The "nose" continues.

The "line" that is on the hood wasn't my idea, but was Richard's. Him and the shop crew decided to leave it as-is instead of rounding off the sharp edge. I think it add more "pop" to a area that is dull. It also lead into the Camero hood vents (not pictured). I will use LED turn signals inside. I really like Norm's C6 flipper for it allows for your own style, although this hood has changed many times.

I'm not "feeling" the small "V" and that part needs to be smooth out (fade). The line throws things off. Richard didn't know at the time, but it's simple fix.

Nothing more to do with #020 until Jan 3rd. Meanwhile I need to have the brakes and lamps inspected (I was hoping to have the Audi's in) and a wheel alignment due to the power steering install. I need to supply DMV with three pics on the outside (front, side, & rear), engine compartment, and interior. Trust me, taking a day off from work is costing me big time! In all, I like how it's coming along despite me changing and moving parts around in my head and onto the car. My goal is to paint the darn car starting Jan 2012. I'll worry about the interior down the road.
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2011 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

The "line" that is on the hood wasn't my idea, but was Richard's. Him and the shop crew decided to leave it as-is instead of rounding off the sharp edge. I think it add more "pop" to a area that is dull. It also lead into the Camero hood vents (not pictured). I will use LED turn signals inside. I really like Norm's C6 flipper for it allows for your own style, although this hood has changed many times.

Hey
I would look a little closer at the "sharp" line on both side of the hood,
if you look close, one can see where it "dips" on the center area.
Look at the shadows and you will see what I mean.

As for the sharp lines,
I am not sure they go since those are the only two sharp lines on the whole car.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Hey
I would look a little closer at the "sharp" line on both side of the hood, if you look close, one can see where it "dips" on the center area. Look at the shadows and you will see what I mean.

As for the sharp lines, I am not sure they go since those are the only two sharp lines on the whole car.

Thanks. This build has taken on many changes and many constructive comments have contributed to the build. I too notice the low area to which Richard pointed out to me, but had to wrap things up in a hurry. There's a few other areas near the top of the "V" that isn't 100% straight and the side vents are barely touched. I'll bring it back next year, but for now it was a matter getting the car out of the shop, especially during the holidays.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2011 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:Hey
As for the sharp lines, I am not sure they go since those are the only two sharp lines on the whole car.

I talked to two of my closest experts. Leave the line, but round off the hard edge.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Busy day. interior, four wheel alignment, checking for leaks (one which I found), and burnt bulbs replacements.

Due the VDC kit I'm not wanting any extra weight attached to the doors, so I decided to quiet the noise level a bit and to keep unwanted air from coming inside by using some plastic material I got a Home Depo. I've used it before and it works fine (not as good as Dynamate material).

I've seen similar material on my work car, so why not. Besides, he paper used in our stock cars is outdated and mine was gone away.

I couldn't find the unlock unit.

Back to WCF.

Somebody's stock flipper;

I like the tweaked version;

At the alignment shop; Scott's Automative and Collision in town. I shaved off 3 hours right there.

Not completely straight, but a bit inward.

Done:

The wheels (3-of them) haven't been cleaned in several years prior to arriving at V8Archie's

before:

After:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I normally remove the wheels from the car during buff and polish. I like to use the green bottle (a bit more abrasive to remove road build-up) and my polish wheel.

The second is for fine buffing and detailing, but it contains a wax for protection and extend the shine for several months (usually up to 4-6 months). I use the power ball and cone shape polishing wheels. It takes about 20-minutes per wheel and as I mentioned, it's better to remove the wheel from the car due to splatter from appling the polishing wax.

I finally gotten around to installing the bulbs, but due to the heat (my guess) the clips broke off. The fronts were already removed prior several years ago when the Norms flipper was being developed. Anyway, I opened up the socket a bit using a Dremel tool and inserted the ends into the side lamps. Several years ago (back in 2005) I tried unsuccessfully getting a set of pig tail ends from a 2005 Corvette, but the parts department didn't have them for the car was barely new.

The only shop that I know of that has wrecked Corvettes in located in Oakland, CA where I got the C5 seats. I might go by and get a set, but for now these will have to do. I plan on getting the smoked or clear corner lamp markers to blend in with the brandy wine candy paint job. The red and orange side markers are a bit too bold.

Anyway, I've been driving #020 lately and I made a few adjustments to the suspension. I raised the rear by two turns thus I now have three finger clearances in the rear. I stopped by WCF for metal slots to raise the front by 1/2" or so. I found two leaks in the rear. The first was from driving around town. Some how the two main connecting points needed tightening (I had one come loose at Daytona in 2005) and those pesky little rubber end caps that D1S uses. I've since replaced the major one located just behind the fender well.

(Daytona mishap in 2005)

The other rubber end is near the top of the transmission. I have one item left to due prior to DMV inspection which is the lamp and brake inspection which is why I was getting the side markers fixed. I never gotten around to fixing the problem because for the most part I was having the beautification done to the engine compartment, brake install and tweaking the side and having the hood re-tweaked.

After I hopefully get the okay from DMV I can then take the car back to the shop and complete the hood and other items needed before paint. I think in the end it was better that I waited until I absolutely was happy with everything on the car prior to paint.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-31-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made it to the brake and lamp inspection shop today, but things didn't work out as planned. The lead mechanic named Shawn walked over to the car and viewed the brakes and then the lamps. he then said, "I can't perform the inspection, because your car isn't a Fiero anymore nor is it a Corvette or Cadillac-it's neither." "I can't attach a make and model to your car for everything is changed and there's no known document other than it being a "kit Car" yet your car isn't a kit."

Therefore, he signed a document stated that I appeared at a station and that the car needs to be classified a a special construction vehicle. There was "no charge" for the ten minute or so inspection. Now I have to go back to the DMV for Certificate of Sequence and hope that they don't give me any issues for not having a shop sign the official documents. At least I had him sign the work order. Otherwise, DMV might think I was pulling their leg. LOL.

Anyway, the car ran flawlessly throughout the 80 mile trip. No leak, no drip and no errors to report. While at the shop the mechanic was really trying his best to figure out what it was that I was driving. I seriously think he was thinking too hard. It's a Fiero! LOL. He didn't want to list the car one way or the other for it might come back later and get him into trouble (from what he told me). He couldn't classify it as a Caddy since the engine is in the back, and it has a Covette set-up, yet a Fiero is somewhere underneath. I'll wait in line on Tuesday and see what the local DMV says. They just made me waste 4-5 hours messing around.

The items that "trip" him up:

Technically, a N* isn't suppose to be in the back.

I called kevin from D1S and he was upset with the station not listing the car as a kit. Anyway, my day was wasted so I had Panda's-yummy.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-02-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock