Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 65)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Go black... much more sinister and mysterious looking. Probably not your style, but if you want it to pop, those black centered wheels with the polished rim would look like pure business on a yellow car with dark glass and black grills.... nah... go black.
IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

Go black... much more sinister and mysterious looking. Probably not your style.

Yep. That's my style.

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think it will do the car any justice. Its going to hide the nice body lines and dissappear in a crowd of black/white/silver traffic that basically every car is painted these days. You put a lot of work into making it look exotic. Pick an exotic paint colour!
SlowGuitarMan

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlowGuitarManSend a Private Message to SlowGuitarManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this will disappoint everyone to see this thread at the top and not have pics of it painted yet, but I have to say that I am dying. I check every day here just to see if this thing is painted yet. One of my favorite fieros. I even hate giant rims, but this car is beautiful. Bump.
Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It has been painted red ,was sold to Motor TV awhile back.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boogaloo:

It has been painted red ,was sold to Motor TV awhile back.

Nope. A slight bit of confusion here.

You are thinking about the car pictured above, and not the car this thread is about.

Madcurl does not sell his cars.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-14-2011).]

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Nope. A slight bit of confusion here.

You are thinking about the car pictured above, and not the car this thread is about.

Madcurl does not sell his carsworks of art.

Syn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynSend a Private Message to SynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow I literally just went through every page from 1 to 65 and now all I can say is I cannot WAIT to see this thing painted! way to go!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Syn:

Wow I literally just went through every page from 1 to 65 and now all I can say is I cannot WAIT to see this thing painted! way to go!

Now that you mentioned it. #020 is headed to the paint shop in parts.

Those little tabs are a pain!

Two side bolts and wheel liner screws to go,

Drop the pipes and presto! It's off.

Dropped with HREs back on

Next: drive #020 around the back and remove rockers and door panels.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2011 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-05-2011).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2011 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curley why are you doing the car in parts? are you going to take it down to the frame and powder coat it?
PFF
System Bot
Syn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2011 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynSend a Private Message to SynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

SWEET! I can't wait to see this thing painted its going to look amazing, (as if it doesn't already) I hope you don't mind but a few of the things you've done I'm going to be "borrowing"
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2011 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

we need an

Letsbuildanexotic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LetsbuildanexoticSend a Private Message to LetsbuildanexoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where's the Lockheed Martin Stealth Black radar invisible paint ?
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Letsbuildanexotic:

Impossible to find. I've researched it a year ago. Shape matters even more than the paint, but paint may help.
From what I understands it converts radar waves to heat. - I think part of it, is that it's classified, and the other part is that people really don't know how RAM works. (in 30 years little information leaked out)

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Letsbuildanexotic:

It's right here:
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yo madcurl.....need an update please!
Letsbuildanexotic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LetsbuildanexoticSend a Private Message to LetsbuildanexoticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Impossible to find. I've researched it a year ago. Shape matters even more than the paint, but paint may help.
From what I understands it converts radar waves to heat. - I think part of it, is that it's classified, and the other part is that people really don't know how RAM works. (in 30 years little information leaked out)

Way to literal, I just wanted an update...

Chris
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nothing new on the paint yet, talked to curly yesterday.

He also has been busy working with HRE on the wheels for his next fiero project.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I vote black that is the color my wife's Chop will be. Mean but rides under the radar.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Two side bolts and wheel liner screws to go,

Madcurl,
I was going to move my canister too, and put it in the same place. But I was worried that because gas vapor came out of it, putting it near the heat of the pipes may be a bad thing. Any issues? Thoughts?

Rob
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, I haven't been updating this thread. Currently, I'm working on a different project while #020 is being painted. As Exoticse stated-I'm talking to HRE regarding my recent set of HRE 445 (hard to believe there was a set on Ebay) and another project using Whodeannie's Fiero hips. Anyway, I plan on going a different route on the next project, but to answer your question I haven't had any issues. I could have it mounted a few inches higher and put some installation material around it. There are others who have mounted it in a similar place, but I don't know how far it is located from the exhaust.

MountainHiBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MountainHiBlue87GTSend a Private Message to MountainHiBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly:

Please take a few moments to locate the GT rear windows that you owe me and take them to WCF next time you are in Tehachapi.

Regards,

David

------------------
1987 Fiero GT - 2006 3800 Series III Drive by Wire; Ported & Polished by TrippleEdge; 1.7 Yella Terra Full Roller Rockers; VS Cam; Tuning by Darth; WCF CAI & 1 5/8 Stainless Headers, 3" Exhaust, Power Steering & Much More; MSD Coils & Wires; Porsche (Brembo) Calipers on 13" Viper Rotors; 18X8 TSW Indy Wheels; Paint by Phoenix Auto in California City.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MountainHiBlue87GT:

Curly:

Please take a few moments to locate the GT rear windows that you owe me and take them to WCF next time you are in Tehachapi.

Regards,

David

No problem. I'll recheck again, but I thought I already dropped the sail windows off. Did you call WCF? There should be two black plastic bags. If not, they're inside my garage. Sorry for the delay if that is the case.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-28-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No problem. I'll recheck again, but I thought I already dropped the sail windows off. Did you call WCF? There should be two black plastic bags. If not, they're inside my garage. Sorry for the delay if that is the case.

I found the sail windows on top of #015. The same bag that V8Archie gave me when I left is shop several years ago. I'll drop them by WCF on Thursday.

Sorry, for my forgetfulness.
MountainHiBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MountainHiBlue87GTSend a Private Message to MountainHiBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Many thanks!!!
Syn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynSend a Private Message to SynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do you have an estimated time #20 will be out of paint? I think I'm getting an ulster from that anticipation!!
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Curley, how about some progress pics of that paint job......

I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2011 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Hey, Curley, how about some progress pics of that paint job......

I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.

Archie

You go first, hehe.

Hey Dean. I dropped off the sail window at WCF this evening.

I was going to buff them out, but chances are I'd just might break one of them, so I decided to leave well enough alone.
MountainHiBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MountainHiBlue87GTSend a Private Message to MountainHiBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They look to be in better shape than my current windows! The NOS windows that I bought from you are under my bed.

------------------
1987 Fiero GT - 2006 3800 Series III Drive by Wire; Ported & Polished by TrippleEdge; 1.7 Yella Terra Full Roller Rockers; VS Cam; Tuning by Darth; WCF CAI & 1 5/8 Stainless Headers, 3" Exhaust, Power Steering & Much More; MSD Coils & Wires; Porsche (Brembo) Calipers on 13" Viper Rotors; 18X8 TSW Indy Wheels; Paint by Phoenix Auto in California City.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You go first, hehe.

Your turn.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2011 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your turn.

Nice pic Archie. I'll have to get back to you on that, but for right now...

Syn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2011 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynSend a Private Message to SynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Your turn.

uhhh question!? what is that?! I love the location of the side markers and how sweet this thing looks!
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2011 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

uhhh question!? what is that?! I love the location of the side markers and how sweet this thing looks!

Syn, that is a $2,000+ body kit called the MadArch. Its not fully there. The lower quarter panels in front of the wheels set this thing off. Also this car has a chop top as well. Its really sick looking when completed. Go to the post "Whats up at Archie's" to get a good idea of it.

What part of Arkansas are you from?
Syn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynSend a Private Message to SynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everything ok Curly? that picture you posted wasn't a very pleasant one just making everything and everyone is ok?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curley, show us a picture.

I showed you mine.

Hope everything is ok.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Everything ok Curly? that picture you posted wasn't a very pleasant one just making everything and everyone is ok?

Thanks. The mountain fire was 1-mile away from my home down south and I've never seen it get so close, but then again this fire wasn't deliberately started for it was stated by a plane crash. Anyway, my girlfriend asked that I take #011, family photos, and a special pair of shoes (I grabbed a couple suits while I was at it and headed up north). Right now the mountain near me isn't on fire, but late last night the sky was filled with smoke near Arvin ( I didn't have time to take pictures-I was moving!). The nearby towns Stallion Springs and Bear Valley are now having troubles fighting the fires.

Here's a link to the latest news:
http://www.tehachapinews.co...-in-Stallion-Springs

It's at this particular time that I wish #015 was in the "hot seat" at V8Archie's. LOL. Another reason to have more than one toy, right?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-13-2011).]

Syn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynSend a Private Message to SynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks. The mountain fire was 1-mile away from my home down south and I've never seen it get so close, but then again this fire wasn't deliberately started for it was stated by a plane crash. Anyway, my girlfriend asked that I take #011, family photos, and a special pair of shoes (I grabbed a couple suits while I was at it and headed up north). Right now the mountain near me isn't on fire, but late last night the sky was filled with smoke near Arvin ( I didn't have time to take pictures-I was moving!). The nearby towns Stallion Springs and Bear Valley are now having troubles fighting the fires.

Here's a link to the latest news:
http://www.tehachapinews.co...-in-Stallion-Springs

It's at this particular time that I wish #015 was in the "hot seat" at V8Archie's. LOL. Another reason to have more than one toy, right?

good to hear, can't wait to see YOU back in the hot seat working on the Arch Rival!!!
Syn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2011 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynSend a Private Message to SynEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
?? any paint been slung yet?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok the bold timetable has been set,...a finished #20 should be under Madcurl's X-mas tree ?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock