Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 64)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2011 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WCF P/S unit continued.

Might have to cut out a portion of the cover plate.

D1S supplied the need spool and parts for the N* p/s unit. Thanks Kevin.

Just remove the cap.
IP: Logged
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2011 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the photos Madcurl that looks awesome!
And the UPS man delivered my Camaro Sport Rack n Pinion today.
PM sent.
JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2011 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shwing love black and on your car its going to look really good

I smell paint. Jet black paint! I was at Trenzs paint shop going over the details. Jet black is my choice for #020. I have a few more hardware issues to complete at WCF before paint.

[/QUOTE]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2011 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JPH87:

Showing love black and on your car its going to look really good

It is my hope that the various curves and rear hips will not be lost in the paint. I truly wanted to go pear burgundy, but I wanted to switch out wheels and black center wheels don't "pop" with a burgundy color. Oh yeah, it's 1/2 the price-a win/win in my book.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2011 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Waiting all day for UPS to deliver my last set of choptop glass.

My last set of four;

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More pics for Steven (fourpoint9)

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2011 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I removed the rust.

Now, that's purdy.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve tweaked the left exhaust pipe this week-now the pipe has more of an attitude. Instead of shooting out straight, both pipes are cocked outward to the side.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-30-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since the old cats outer cover was rusty. Steve (WCF) is replacing them with new skins to be chromed later (similar to #011).

The shop was a bit busy today, but Steve was able to re-adjust the tips. They're close enough now.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been working and #020 is running a bit behind, but Steve was still putting in some time fabricating CAT/CAPS.

As you know, the original caps are shot and rusted out. I'll have the outer layer removed, drilled and replaced. When I purchase the car I didn't know that the cats were rusted until my arrival at V8Archie's.

The fit just fine and I'll have them chromed later on.

The 40 amp relays arrived today along with the "Hot Dot" on/off switch for all three lights (headlamp, parking, & driving lamps).

I only needed to order one additional switch to match the other two.

I now can install the front braces.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WCF installing the Audi amps and switches.

PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

WCF installing the Audi amps and switches.

Audi amps??
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Audi amps??

Sorry about that, it's been a busy week.

Correction; we’re using Watson's switches and relays for the Audi driving lamps connections. The amperage is too strong and will blow the switches so we're using individual relays.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two of the Watson's "hot Dot" on/off switches are hooked-up & running. Steering column too is fixed.

Watson is sending out a replacement switch.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Chris West finished up the power steering unit today. There was a minor issue with the inner pump assembly so I called Kevin from D1S and he assisted over the phone and now the system works just fine. However, I was informed that I need a skirt for the p/s unit, hehe.

Meanwhile, the gauges are hooked-up & functioning.

Due to limited foresight I didn't make plans for the p/s unit.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Very cool.

Only thing missing curls, was the Oooooh baby hehehehe.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was lucky enough to get by WCF last week and saw your car in person...Wow! The engine bay is unreal! I love the body kit as well. I was hoping that I'd run into one of your cars on one of my trips to Tehachapi. Being in the Imaging world myself, I hope I get to meet up with you some time to talk shop. Your cars are SWEET. Chris, Steve, and everyone at WCF do excellent work. I wish I lived closer so I could get my rides out to them. Mad Curl... you lucky dog!

------------------
My Fro's...

88 Yellow CJB #182 of 1252 formula
88 Red Duke

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zefferk:

I was lucky enough to get by WCF last week and saw your car in person...Wow! The engine bay is unreal! I love the body kit as well. I was hoping that I'd run into one of your cars on one of my trips to Tehachapi. Being in the Imaging world myself, I hope I get to meet up with you some time to talk shop. Your cars are SWEET. Chris, Steve, and everyone at WCF do excellent work. I wish I lived closer so I could get my rides out to them. Mad Curl... you lucky dog!

Thanks. I can't say how great it is to live 1-mile from a shop that specializes in Fieros. They've helped me greatly in tweaking #020. I was there today finishing up the suspension and removing the old rusty cat covers.

Grinding off the welds and removing rusty cat covers.

Antlers ready for new caps.

Only the rear facing caps are being made.

Using galvinized hardware.

Two bolts only.

I'll have the cat-caps chromed at a later date, but now the back end has a cleaner look now.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-24-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I needed to snake a ground cable from the engine to frame/coil pack. Although the coilpack was grounded to the frame-technically the engine wasn't.

Although, the cable is out of the way-I decided to insulate it (just in case).

Snaking the cable through the back.

Also, there were some minor rubbing with the brake calipers. We fixed the problem using a washer to pull the brakes away from the rotor. Everything is fine now and #020 should be on the road on Wednesday.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can't really see the cat covers, but knowing that the rust is now gone-I can sleep at night.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-25-2011).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly, are you going to be there tomorrow?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Curly, are you going to be there tomorrow?

Yes.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I LOVE that body you came up with. I am VERY seriously thinking of stopping by.
I just cant get over how good Leroy's (Taz) car looked at the coast run a few years back.

Off topic,.... My next Fiero build would be a chop (custom because Archie is a little to low for me) version of one of the "Mad Arch style" kits in my version of a Fast Back Indy Replica with an LS V8.

I will see if I can get over there My Tags are no good because the smog ref is not working with me

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 05-25-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I LOVE that body you came up with. I am VERY seriously thinking of stopping by.
I just cant get over how good Leroy's (Taz) car looked at the coast run a few years back.

Off topic,.... My next Fiero build would be a chop (custom because Archie is a little to low for me) version of one of the "Mad Arch style" kits in my version of a Fast Back Indy Replica with an LS V8.

I will see if I can get over there My Tags are no good because the smog ref is not working with me

Thanks. Leroy's #013 (now owned by Chuck) is bad to the bone. The only other kit that maintains the Fiero body lines is the IMSA kit. Granted Whodeannie's too is very nice w/o the need for a wide body. As I've always said to many, "Wheels makes the car." Regardless of the kit if the wheels aren't popping neither will the car.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-25-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Test fitting p/s hose cover:

Welded and grind down:

I'll have the chrome shop grind down the weld a bit and chrome the part. It was cheaper to just make a cover instead of welding the piece onto the grill.

P/S is now completed:

Next: Watson's Street works reservoir tank. The stock one was too big and I had this part for several years and now it's finally getting it time to shine!

Steve making a custom tubbing adapter to fit the Fiero hose.

WCF making another power steering bracket. This one is for Fiero 4.9's 1987.

Tie rod adapters:

WCF cranked out another p/s bracket, but this is for a 1988.

The massive 19x9 shouldn't be too hard to turn with the p/s unit moving those 255.

Next: shop appointment for alignment.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-26-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-26-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Redue: Tanknology.

The cut out:

The test fit:

Some minor adjustments and design cutting should do the trick.

The bracket is stainless steal so I'll have it polished

Overall nice design, but I will have to tweak it a bit more. The goal is to look like it belongs there instead of looking like a cheap coat hanger.

Removed one of coolent hoses that usually leaks after 6-months. The same task was done on #015.

To be Continued:

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-27-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Before:

After:

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-29-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Before:

After:

I can definately appreciate the attention to detail that is going into this car.

Tony
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few more items to be completed at WCF and I'm off to the alignment shop.

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good... as always!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2011 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Looking good... as always!

Thanks. I should roll n' in #020 this week.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There so good looking I guess I'll need another pair for #011.

Big 4"

A different angle, but they're doable.

The Corvette brakes pushed the tires out a bit, but not by too much.

As expected the master cylinder finally said, "bye, bye." We bleed the brakes twice and the right rear caliper had a few air bubbles, but all other three were good. Conclusion: I order a 1992 S10 and should arrive by Saturday or Monday. I guess if there was going to be a problem it was best that it happened in the shop's parking lot.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Done:

Up next. Wheel alignment and then off to the Body shop.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought you were going for burgundy pearl?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

I thought you were going for burgundy pearl?

Seriously, I've been with this one for some time now. There's really only two factors:

1. Money. The burgundy pearl is nearly twice as much as the jet black. Since I drive my choppers there's a chance of hitting a pitch fork in the road.

2. Wheels. I have two sets and I like to change them. The black HREs don't "pop" with a burgundy pearl as would a black paint job. Black on black is IMHO a hotter look whereas the burgundy is so-so, but it still looks clean. Then again, who knows. I might change my mind in another month.

Since #020 is currently using #015's rims, I'll send this big boy out for additional modification

Before paint I will ask Fourpoint9 to do a photoshop using both wheels. Still, coughing up 5k for a paint job isn't for me. I'd rather pay 2.5k for black and call it a day. If my car was a show car only-then yes.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hear you. Still, paint is the first thing people will notice about the car,
and black simply will hide all of the fantastic tweaks and mods you have done!
I am sure it will look stunning either way.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock