Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 61)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice progress.

Man it is really coming along. That front is going to be really menacing when you get the driving lights installed.

BTW,....i see taaaaaape ! hehehe, thread followers all know what that means.
IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Nice progress.

Man it is really coming along. That front is going to be really menacing when you get the driving lights installed.

BTW,....i see taaaaaape ! hehehe, thread followers all know what that means.

Tape. A horrible thing to waste.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rqsc0AImyc

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-05-2011).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2011 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gawd those are sexy pics.....

I am sure you have answered this before, but what color are you going to paint it?

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Gawd those are sexy pics.....

I am sure you have answered this before, but what color are you going to paint it?

Burgandy pearl
dhobbs84sc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dhobbs84scSend a Private Message to dhobbs84scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cant wait till its done! Beautiful car, btw I love the stock taillights
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2011 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Burgandy pearl Ahh black.

Lets get going.

Precut stage.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-03-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2011 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
It was a bit nippy outside so I decided to play inside the garage.

After masking around the passenger side fog lamp I reversed the pattern and placed it on the driver side fog lamp for the correct size.

While I'm at it-I decided to get rid of straight hood scoop flow and opt for a V-shape.

The single blue tape line is where the scoop begins.

I reversed the image and marked the passenger side.

Around noon the weather was warmer outside so I took the project to the backyard.

Once glassed, I'll have Trendzs take it from there and smooth things out. At least I won't have to continually watch them. I might have time next week.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-02-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any cutting today ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any cutting today ?

Maybe not today. I'm headed over to WCF now.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I stopped by WCF to have Steve work his magic. He's excellent with aluminum and here's a sample of his handy work.

First off we needed to remove the excess portion from the Audi lamps using the band saw. I had previously removed one lamp using the Dremmel, but it died on me.

The idea behind this modification is to house the Audi lamp, connect the Corvette fog lamp, and mount the entire bracket underneath C6 headlamps. Although not fully 100% sure it was going to work, but in my mind it was going to work.

Following the Audi a templet was made.

So far-so good.

Now for the ears (bracket).

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
You might be wondering why the need for aluminum bracket. The reason is simple. It allows for the shape to smoothly wrap in and around both lamps, but like the Saturn Sky I can have the aluminum chromed. Also, since the Fog lamps housed in a angle-the aluminum will clean up the gaps (if somebody should decide to look underneath.

Onto the next one.

Ears done.

If you recall I had Steve make the outer curved ones on Wednesday. The curved ones will be on the outside which will separate the two lamp systems. We need to make a lower bracket to attach all three parts.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2011 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Audi are not mounted, but you get the idea where I'm headed.

If you can imagine for a moment-the aluminum piece will be chromed thus blending the two parts and adding a bit of non-kit-car flow.

The desired goal is simple: USE YOUR BRAIN, IMAGINATION, & TWEAK IT BEFORE YOU BOLT IT.

To be continued:

aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That Audi light that you got fabbed up looks great and goes with the car perfectly! Something about the light below seems off, though...
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2011 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is something like this where your headed Curley?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2011 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Is something like this where your headed Curley?

No, but it's a very nice Photoshop and thanks for cleaning up the side vent. If can explain. The contour of the nose doesn't match the shape of the Audi driving lamps. That was the main reason why V8Archie recessed and angled the Corvette fog light. Therefore I need to have Audi light follow the same curvature of the fog lamps (believe-it-or-not both items have the same curve). The aluminum bar will join both parts, but will add a bit of "pop" to the area-similarly seen on the Saturn Sky and few other European cars.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2011 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Here a idea of what I'm trying to accomplish. Instead of the normal way of mounting the lamps (one on top of the other)-I wanted to separate the two using a bridge or in situation metal.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The master of photoshop-fourpoint9's:

#020 will be painted pearl burgundy, but I must admit black is tempting.

Thanks fourpoint9.

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The master of photoshop-fourpoint9's:

I think the black might need a bit of pop on those vents,

Nice to see more progress with this car! Good luck on deciding a color.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the black color is my final choice. I had to go back to the SEMA thread to regain my sanity. i'll remove the rear bumper and have it painted black/wet sanded, and polished.

A black colored cars; difficult to take pics;

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-08-2011).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Black will hide all of the detail!!!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

True. I'm not 100% decided. I'll have the bumper painted black and then make a decision.
I only had a few minutes before sunset so I jumped on the side vents. I measured at least 6-times before I finally decided to start cutting. Using one side a templet I marked the side that need some minor detail.

Retraced the pattern on the other side.

V8Archie did a pretty good job making both fog lamps symmetrical-making my job easy.

I use the hand held mini disc wheel to get the area down to the mark.

Done for now:

WCF is next. I need to get the angle for the outer flange and have the two or three part welded.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-08-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
dhobbs84sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dhobbs84scSend a Private Message to dhobbs84scEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Black Is best with black on black, With some black windows
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Arch Rival at WCF.

Today I needed a few items performed and WCF was the shop. Steve worked his magic and Chris extended the coil pack wires.

Chris working on the wiring.

Previously, I had opened the driving lamp area. The goal is simple: install the Audi lamps-no if/ands/or buts.

Steve started work on the lower shelf for the lights.

Do they fit? Yes.

The ears will be glass onto the body or I might have piece of aluminum tapped and mount in place. Either way we seem to be on the right track.

Yeah, the Audi lamps work. I now have to come up with a idea for the front using the flanges I had made last week. I'm not 100% out of the woods.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-09-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2011 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NICE !
FIEROSMIGLA

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROSMIGLASend a Private Message to FIEROSMIGLAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NICE !

I second that WOW !!

------------------
87 FIERO GT ( CHOPT TOP IN PROGRESS)
87 FIERO GT
08 CORVETTE Z06
10 CAMARO SS
07 JEEP WRANGLER 4 DOOR

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since #020 is being worked on at WCF-might as well mount these puppies on.

The package weight was 138 pound so it wasn't like it was going anywhere.

It's amazing that the CD wasn't destroyed by the weight of the contents.

I'll need to have the Corvette repainted for the paint is coming off. Oh well, they were repaints anyway. I guess the original owner wanted to go the cheap route.

One thing is for sure--- stock is out!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Air intake day ut with the old-in with the new.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-16-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WCF extended the coil pack wires. Now the relocation of the coil pack.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dont put it to far away as the wire resistance can not exceed 50 ohms if it does the coils wont fire the plugs

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 02-16-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

dont put it to far away as the wire resistance can not exceed 50 ohms if it does the coils wont fire the plugs

Thanks.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
After market cruise control relocated. This should clear-up the engine compartment a bit.

Ordering ignition wires from CHRFAB on Thursday.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I'm having the computer and wires attached to the belly of the trunk and away from the exhaust. Normally the wires are attached to the top of the valve cover.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2011 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
No coil pack and cruise control relocated for a cleaner look.

Slowly I'm getting my "pop" back. Where's my shades hehe.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to meet up with you one of these days up there Curly. After I get my "smog legal" air cleaner on, I want to head up there and see that work of art in person
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today was mixed bag of "to-do" things. First, extending, heat shielding the electrical wiring, and mounting the exhaust (albeit a rusty one).

I drove to Auto Zone for heat shielding material too withstand the radiant heat from the exhaust system.

The wire loom is mounted to the belly of the trunk
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I would like to meet up with you one of these days up there Curly. After I get my "smog legal" air cleaner on, I want to head up there and see that work of art in person

Yeah, we need to hook-up again-soon.

2005 in Bakersfield, CA.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Meanwhile on the bottom. I installed the exhaust system and it sure looks pretty compared to the previous single duel pipes. However, the right side is a bit off so the 90 degree will need modification (no biggie).

As you can see the right exhaust it off. While have the pipe corrected on Friday.

A minor cut in the corner should do the trick.

Since the CATs have rush cancer-we're replacing the other CAT's skin on Friday. This is what happens when your car resides near the ocean. Steve (@WCF) will make a cover made of aluminum and I'll have that
chromed (similar to #011 CATs).

#011 example;

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-17-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2011 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Okay, back on top. A few minor adjustments, but everything seems to fit just fine

Re-using the Fiero's stock deck lid nuts to bolt down the beautification we needed to shave just a bit off the corner to allow for the banjo-like strut covers and center piece to fit into place. There's a connecting piece that will cover over were the two parts connect.

Minor setback. I called CHRF and the need to special order the ignition wires and it will take 1-2 weeks before delivery. Therefore, temporarily we're using the old location. Upon arrival we'll mount the coil-pack under the car (similar to what BMWGuru performs). See I look at other threads.

As you can see-the area looks cluttered.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-18-2011).]

aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2011 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man that is looking sharp! I hope you stick with the red color, though.

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aeffertz:

Man that is looking sharp! I hope you stick with the red color, though.

As long as he doesn't paint it the color of that tape they've got there :P. That color looks oddly familiar.

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock