Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2006 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
However Curley, Troy & myself have been plotting to trial fit it to Troy's car to determine what size wheels Troy needs (it'll be trial fitted to Curleys car too).

Curley will have to post exactly what size & offset it is but as it is right now, it fits this IMSA perfectly.

Troy will have to post to tell us if his wheels are supposed to be wider than these are.
Archie

Edit: Due to the site having .5-1 and no .25 or .75 I rounded up to 36mm for the HRE rim offsett.

I called Jim about the off-sets used but Jim hasen't gotten back with HRE. Anyway, I did some research and have come up with my own conclusions; first off....here's the link.

http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp

While I was at Custom Auto, Jim measured the "backspacing" on the 20x11 rim. The rim measured 6.5" backspacing.

The "formula" this site ( http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp ) resulted in the HRE rim being 14mm off-set. I tried using the other formula but it doesn't "jive" with the rim/spec site. Something is missing in the formula but I'll continue to plug-in the numbers. However, Troyboy measured the back spacing on a stock rims and the rim/spec site was correct in it's measurements.

Edit: for spec corrections.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-28-2006).]

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2006 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plugged in the numbers from the rim/spec site ( http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp ) and found that the 20x11 rim with a 6.5" back spacing is an 14mm off-set. I still need to figure out how to do the numbers using the "old" formula.

In the meantime, it's OPERATION: MOON RAKER

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-28-2006).]

motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2006 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I

In the meantime, it's OPERATION: MOON RAKER

Ok that's a cool name, care to elaborate.

Cherrs Beers n Gearz. Joe
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2006 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Norm is Venting:

Both Vents and Corvette side markers are on! Norm is sending (ruff) pics today. Please stay tuned.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-03-2006).]

Mr. Pat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2006 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. PatClick Here to visit Mr. Pat's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr. PatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
where's the bloody pics????

------------------
1986 GT, LT1/4T60E. In the middle of cam/port, new interior, paint and waiting on new wheels. Itll blow you away!!
http://hometown.aol.com/ptfiero/index.html
build
http://dtcc.cz28.com/Customer/LT1Fiero/index.htm

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr. Pat:

where's the bloody pics????

Pics are on the way soon. Norm was at a non-Fiero car show during the 4th and just got back on the 8th. FierogtGuy and me will sport the C6 flipper at the CTHC and the Fierorama show.

Norm....please send pics!!!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

PONTIAC EXCITEMENT lol
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2006 06:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What happens when Madcurl and V-8 Archie collaborate ??

Mad-Arching !

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2006 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No comments ? Hmmm well how's about a few pics of a mock up for this car's next mod ?

Note, the car pictured is not Madcurl's choptop #20 but rather his choptop #15.
This mod will be going on choptop #20.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-20-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2006 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Oh yeah and back to the widebody work.

The true genius of Madcurl's work is usually not evident until it is mostly finished.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-20-2006).]

THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2006 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing else to say, but I want more and WOW!

JG
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2006 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good!!
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 05:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

No comments ? Hmmm well how's about a few pics of a mock up for this car's next mod ?

Note, the car pictured is not Madcurl's choptop #20 but rather his choptop #15.
This mod will be going on choptop #20.

I hope you are going to use at least 4 layersa of glass over the plastic fender then remove it as glass will not hold permanently to the fender it will separeate in about 2 years I used smc rear clip sections to widen my rear clip

here is the link //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/033676-35.html

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 07-21-2006).]

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

I hope you are going to use at least 4 layersa of glass over the plastic fender then remove it as glass will not hold permanently to the fender it will separeate in about 2 years I used smc rear clip sections to widen my rear clip

It shouldn't if you used a TPO primer before the fiberglass...
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All I can say if you move that piece of glass 2 feet forward it will fit perfectly in the hole in the roof
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2006 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

It shouldn't if you used a TPO primer before the fiberglass...

it is the differance in materials that cause the separation glass dose not expand but the plastic fender is constantly contracting and expanding with changes in temp tested a quarter panel and it pulled apart on its own after 18 months and it was good and ruff before it was glassed
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie lays it on very, very thick and since 2001 I haven't had any issues on #011, #015, The Redux, and hopefully #020.

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

All I can say if you move that piece of glass 2 feet forward it will fit perfectly in the hole in the roof

Trust me, it will be moved forward, hehe. This idea hit me after #020 was dropped off which was a carry-over "pipe dream" from #011 when I was getting the hindges chromed. Not wanting either of the cars to be too clones, #020 was pinned for rear "flipperism."

Original idea from #011 (back in the day)

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-22-2006).]

rmphoto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

it is the differance in materials that cause the separation glass dose not expand but the plastic fender is constantly contracting and expanding with changes in temp tested a quarter panel and it pulled apart on its own after 18 months and it was good and ruff before it was glassed

i know youve said this a couple times before.. i dont know what you did, but ive had my panels glassed onto for years now, not one crack... theres also alot of other people who have glassed onto those panels and had no problems.

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More Madcurl Madness being implemented with #20.

Can you say operation Moon Raker !?!!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A different angle

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was seriously considering a powered moonroof. What is that off of, or is it an aftermarket piece?

Bob
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

I was seriously considering a powered moonroof. What is that off of, or is it an aftermarket piece?

Bob

http://www.webasto.us/am/en/am_auto_sunroofs.html
countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think placing the sunroof glass there looks su-weet!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by countach711:

I think placing the sunroof glass there looks su-weet!

I think so too.

During my lunch, I paid a friendly RECON visit to the local Ford dealership today and viewed the GT40 and the Shelby GT. I was in “LURK” -mode plottin’ the GT40's sides deck vents and cost.

The side vents (lt & rt) of the rear deck glass are $117.69 per side. The deck lid vents below the deck glass are $198.68 per side. The rear deck lid glass is $1,572.68. The parts guy wasn't the usual person I normally buy parts from so he asked me if I drive mine. I told him.... yes. I do, hehe.

After I got the prices, I headed out front to where the GT40 and the Shelby on display. The sales rep remembers #015 and asked about the progress on the dash and stuff. He knew that I was up to my old tricks in purchasing various parts including parts from the GT40.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The pics from the visit !

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Original idea from #011 (back in the day)

Hmmmm - I had a similar idea from a temporary decklid storage....

I can't wait to see what you come up with.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly how did those measurements i sent you match up with what you were checking out ?

Close ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly how did those measurements i sent you match up with what you were checking out ?

Close ?

I was unable to get measurements from the parts dept and I didn't have a measuring tape with me. I'll need to go back to the dealership this week. However, due to the GT40's rear window, the surrounding vents are longer but, I don't see any issues with them being "tweeked" to my taste. I just have to figure out where and how I would want to place them on #020.

PFF
System Bot
RUNDLC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey MAD, Man I want to be like you when I finally grow up LOL, LOL,LOL. Man with all the stuff you are into I think you should add MADCASH to your screen name!! LOL,LOL Hope to be able to see your projects in person someday. Keep up the ideas!!
RUNDLC
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More madcurl pics and ideas brewing.

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2006 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mad-Arching !

i spy a scoop where the qrt window would be... unless that's a nochie with the sail extended back?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2006 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie,

What kind of rivets are you using here to secure the new outer fender to the original stock fender ?

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2006 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are self tapping screws, just used to see what it would look like on the car.

It'll take a lot more than screws or rivies to put that on there correctly.

Archie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by exoticse:
Archie,

What kind of rivets are you using here to secure the new outer fender to the original stock fender ?

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2006 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You need a new Tat to help you on your spy missions.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 08-03-2006).]

cooguyfish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2006 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cooguyfishSend a Private Message to cooguyfishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by exoticse:

Mad-Arching !

i spy a scoop where the qrt window would be... unless that's a nochie with the sail extended back?

O snap, after you pointed that out I looked up at the picture that is from the back and it looks like something like say, a decklid, would fit in the gap created. Look at the other picture, the one from the back angle, you'll see what I mean.

------------------
96 Saturn SL2 Turbo (evil SL2)

My cardomain site: cardomain.com/memberpage/702872
T3 60 trim + 4 PSI + crappy tires = 14.47 @ 99 MPH and 31 MPG

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2006 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cooguyfish:

O snap, after you pointed that out I looked up at the picture that is from the back and it looks like something like say, a decklid, would fit in the gap created. Look at the other picture, the one from the back angle, you'll see what I mean.

Hehehe,....you won't believe what he has in store.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2006 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The sculptered/hand polished 547 19x9 have been sent.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-20-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock