Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 59)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow nice to see some pop after a 5 day stay at the hospital with surgery
IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

wow nice to see some pop after a 5 day stay at the hospital with surgery

In that case, let me give you something to look at during your rest period, hehe.

The N* engine beautification came off w/o a hitch. I can't wait to get the other parts in for chrome (part are sitting and aren't bolted down).

To be continued (hopefully) on Monday.

Gratuitous bump: 18Feb2010 Operation: Pipe Dream.

Steve (WCF) had a chance to fabricate the tail pipes. The distance is the same as the previous single pipe, but now the opening is filled.

The distant is nice w/o sticking out too far, but I need to have the angle adjusted.

As for the left side- well... it's a rust bucket exhaust. Living on the coast is nice, but the salty air isn't kind to exposed metal. That'll need repair work.

After using DB blaster the bolt broke!

Enjoy this brief intermission:

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-19-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now that pops !!

Wow !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2010 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update: Feb19th test fitting Pipe Dream.

Looks good to me.

The tail pipe wasn't raised in the picture, but it's okay for completion.

#020 spent most of it's N* years on the coast and those stubborn bolts were rusted beyond belief, but I was victorious in the end, hehe.

Off to West Coast Fiero.

Enjoy this brief intermission, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-27-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve continued working on the dual twin pipe set-up using stainless steal (I don't won't to buff- just wipe). I was once told that my idea wouldn't work using twin pipes many, many years ago. I'll be sending D1S these pics, hehe. If you can dream it- then find the right people to do it.

The twin dual pipes are perfect and line-up with the bumper. I'll have to remove the opposite end to even out the placement of the pipes. In the pic, the pipe isn't hung, but sitting slightly inside the attachment.

The look 10x better than before and I'll drop them off at WCF on Thursday for completion.

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! Curly that is a lot of bling on that car
looking good
Logan

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoganSend a Private Message to LoganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly I just read this whole thread and that car is a amazing !!! I think you should get a T.V show about building fieros!!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Logan:

Curly I just read this whole thread and that car is a amazing !!! I think you should get a T.V show about building fieros!!!

Thanks.

Steve (WCF) was able weld the left exhaust for test fitting. The welds are stainless so all that is needed is polishing.

Too dark for mounting pics, but maybe on Wednesday.

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2010 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Curly, just thought I'd let you know... today I used this thread to convince somebody that I wasn't crazy for liking my Fiero. Amazing, the work that you do.

I'm liking that new exhaust setup you're working on, btw.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2010 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The weather was beautiful today. A excellent time to test fit the trunk and coil plates. Caution: there's a lot of "pop" in these pics.

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Hey Curly, just thought I'd let you know... today I used this thread to convince somebody that I wasn't crazy for liking my Fiero. Amazing, the work that you do.

I'm liking that new exhaust setup you're working on, btw.

Hehe. Thanks. The dual twin pipes are coming along just fine. Steve has a few more tweaks and they will be off to the polisher.

Over-all the pipe area now has definition and once the tips are polished... some pop too!

I'm on my way back to WCF for finalization of the right tail pipe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-03-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time to unload buried treasures: a set of virgin sail panels from 2001. I got the set in hopes of having them installed in #011-oh well, didn't happen. I bought them back in July 2001 and they sat archived for nearly 9-yrs. For those who might remember, Trainman-Tim Cruz. He passed away several years ago and he was the person behind me keeping #011. Tim was going to install the panels for me.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-04-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^Thanks for digging those up for me. You can just send them COD.

Quad pipes look good.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2010 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ClayTonto:

^^^Thanks for digging those up for me. You can just send them COD.

Quad pipes look good.

Yeah, I pulled them out for someone and he wanted them. They're sold now.

Yeah, thanks. I like the twin dual pipes way better.

I got a chance to drop some parts at the chrome shop today.

I dropped off a intake tube too.

Mean while, enjoy this brief intermission; crazy weather.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-04-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2010 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve (WFC) finalized the rt side dual twin pipe welds.

I hope to have the stainless steel tips and stainless welds polished next week. Right now everything is down hill.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
omg... I cannot believe this and other threads are still going, 5 years... and all the work is just absolutely freaking AMAZING. just speechless
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2010 03:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Curly, the quad outlets look awesome, the engine bay detailing is superb... but like every Fiero in progress ever, you've got a trunk full of parts spoiling the picture

Keep up the good work, it's looking razor sharp.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2010 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A spring forward bump!

Update; I dropped off the two twin exhaust tips at the chrome shop for buffing and Steve (WCF) finished the sail window screen tweaks. I didn't have enough time to pick-up the parts since a major strom was headed south, so I split. I hope to be back Monday for 2-more tweaks and with the weather nearing spring/summer I can get back to business on the hood tweaks.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2010 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got around to picking up the sail vents today and they came out very nice. A once boring area now has something to keep the eyes moving.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2010 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the car; it's less chrome and more screen.

and a view through the sail window.

Previous pic of the area;

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-16-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2010 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Moving forward; The engine vent.

I dropped the engine vent off at WCF on Monday for a cut-out of the marked area. We'll use the screen in it's place to help aid for cooling and also add some "pop" to a once dull area above the engine.

The idea is to break-up the visuals by adding detailed screens and to make the part look custom and not a add on part from Ace Hardware.

The Chrome shop informed me that the exhaust pipes and vent plates should be ready by Thursday (translation; actually means next week, hehe).

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2010 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I stopped by to pick-up the chrome vent, but they too busy, so maybe on Wednesday it should be finished. Meanwhile, I got around to installing the N* chrome painted coil packs. It looks nice without the cover, so the cover will go into the pipe dream bin, hehe.

I need to have the other 2-coils painted, but Dave informed that Mallorie's makes the coils in red. Mmm, I wonder if they come in chrome?

As you can see, the coil pac looks nice without the screen cover.

A pic through the 350Z glass pic.

If I have time, I'll roll down to BAK and pick-up the polished exhaust tips.

Oh yeah, the weather is better this week compared to last week's snow.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Plan of attack: Entering the final stages of the Beautification build with the engine vent cover. I decided to have a vent cut-out in the area and use the stainless steal screen. It should be finished on Thursday. The span is 26".. just enough for the remaining screen.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

The Chrome shop informed me that the exhaust pipes and vent plates should be ready by Thursday (translation; actually means next week, hehe).

I just called the chrome shop and I was correct. The parts (2-vents, 1-intake, & 2-twin exhaust) are ready for pick-up on Tuesday! I just called WCF too and the engine vent part is nearing completion. Cool.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2010 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My eyes....... I'm blind...... You know if you get the angle just right on that rear trunk piece, it looks like you got 2 N*'s stuffed in there.

On a side note, can you tell me what type of mufflers those are? And, how does it sound? Do the cat's quiet it done some too? I am looking to do something similar on the XTC/4.9 swap. Due to the extra length in the back end of the body, I have a good bit of room to fit mufflers at the tips and I'm just trying to decide which mufflers to use.

Pat

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Apparently, there was a miscommunication regarding my parts at the chrome shop. I informed them that I wanted the welds buff out and all areas detailed. I arrived today and was disappointed. They promised to detail the parts and to come back on Friday. Upset, I took off and had a spanish lunch.

As you can see- the welds aren't buffed out (smoothed over).

Also, the didn't buff between the pips. Now I can't have that!

The intake too wasn't buffed out. The welds are in clear sight.

The screen welds too were not buffed.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMFG... I have only read about 7/10 pages and this is your best yet... A M A Z I N G.....

------------------
SMTHGT.....
aka. "SmoothGT"

InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The welds would need to be ground/sanded down.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by InTheLead:

The welds would need to be ground/sanded down.

Sorry about that. Typo error. I was a bit upset while I was typing. I wanted to complete the beautification before April 1st. I originally started back in August 2009 and the project is going long in the tooth. This is what happens with projects that are 100% pipe dream while working full time. I can't wait to get back in the drivers seat!

Eating solves most of my issues, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-24-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Moving right along; I stopped by WCF to pick-up the engine cover vent. Steve performed the task flawlessly.

A cut-out for oil dip stick.

The only item left is the flange and that will conclude the N* beautification.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Before:

After:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Before it was boring and non-exciting, now the area is "interesting" and it keeps the eyes moving. You can't have "non-exciting" areas using a 350Z glass window.

The added screen blends-in with the other components;

a drive-by view that most driving will witness (I hope).

A side walk view;

A cut-out for retrieving the dip-stick;

PFF
System Bot
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should get a cool Pontiac or Fiero logo to put over that Cadillac emblem on the engine cover!
That'd really make it pop!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2010 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aeffertz:

You should get a cool Pontiac or Fiero logo to put over that Cadillac emblem on the engine cover!
That'd really make it pop!

Actually, I have several N* emblems for the rocker to match the engine logo. No need to give Pontiac any credit regarding the engine. I roll in "name" only, but thanks for the suggestion.

A rather easy day. I stopped by WCF to pick-up the engine/glass cover.

There's enough room to retrieve the dip-stick.

I called the chrome shop today. They stated that the exhaust tips were finished. I'll try and pick them up on Thursday. Other-that-that, my mind was on another project.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dropped by the chrome shop today to inspect the parts. Well,... I think the welds could use a bit more grinding IMO, but I'll take it to WCF and have Steve take a look at the pipes.

aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if anybody's told you this, but you're a little bit ridiculous.. I like that in a fiero owner..

Careful, cops like bright shiny objects..

------------------
----------------------------------------------------
Currently in the middle of my 88 + 3800NA swap

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aaronkoch:

I don't know if anybody's told you this, but you're a little bit ridiculous.. I like that in a fiero owner..

Careful, cops like bright shiny objects..

Hehe.

I finally got around to testing the dual twins today. I stopped by WCF and Steve informed me that the welds are to the limit. Therefore , no need for additional grinding.

The digital bath room scale doesn't calculate below 20 pounds. Using my weight I was able to find out 1-dual twin pipe is 7.5 pounds.

on the car;

The tips aren't sticking out pass the bumper (as they were before)

The Chrome shop is still behind, but they informed me that the parts (2-of them) should be ready today.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2010 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I stopped by the chrome shop. The insert part wasn't ready until later in the day. The right side insert needed a re-due, so I dropped the part at WCF for beefing up the area.

Completed by Steve;

I'll drop the part at the chrome shop maybe on Friday.

Enjoy brief intermission;

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-12-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, Iet's try this one more time! I stopped by the chrome shop to pick-up some items (so I thought). When I arrived nothing was done except the copper coating for the insert. My guess, two weeks or a month before all of the items are finished.

I remember dropping off the center engine cover and it too wasn't touched!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2010 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Warm enough to start slinging glass ??
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2010 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Warm enough to start slinging glass ??

Maybe sometime in May.

Master Ace Inc; "Sittin' on chrome.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-06-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock