Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 56)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2009 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a coroners table, he he. WCF (Steve) cut out the insert plate. It doesn't have a support, but it sitting on top so it's a bit crooked.

I performed cataract surgery today on the work car. Due to the rocks and the sun's rays- the plastic lens tend to fade. Like Foose says, "it's a good reason to use a power drill."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-22-2009).]

IP: Logged
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2009 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How did you do that to the headlights on your Eclipse? They look better than new!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2009 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aeffertz:

How did you do that to the headlights on your Eclipse? They look better than new!

Look here: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/069128.html
Isolde

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 133
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2009 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IsoldeSend a Private Message to IsoldeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

those tires arent wide enough for the rims, the side wall is flexing in.

They're plenty wide. Having it this way is about perfect: good responsiveness and predictability, no abrupt break-away mid-corner when available grip is exceeded, but not stretched like trying to put a 205 on a 10" rim.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Testing fitting the inserts;

Once tested we moved onto the supports systems.

a 1" drop down was welded onto the insert plate.

Cleaned up the inner edge. Due to the height of the strut caps I don't need cut outs.

Now for the center valance. I needed a few L-brackets for insert plate near the throttle body.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-28-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2009 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The 1" drop;

Now the 1" drop is added I can now follow the steering pump's outer edge.

Also the throttle side;

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-28-2009).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2009 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
never mind the bling and get the body work finished first bling can go on later lol

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 10-29-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2009 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

never mind the bling and get the body work finished first bling can go on later lol

He he he,, but 2-years of fiberglass and dirt build-up in the engine compartment was too much for me to bare, especially with a glass rear hatch, but I'll be right back on it in a few weeks.

Originally posted by topher_time:

Curly, any thoughts on a full cover for the engine bay, similar to a Lotus Esprit? The Caddy cover looks drop dead gorgeous, but the rest pulls attention away from it. Just a thought....

Originally posted by madcurl:

My plan is too not cover the entire engine bay with simple flat surfaces, but rather mimic the Caddy plenum cover with angles and sharp corners along both front/rear fire walls and sail panel areas leaving the areas closest to the engine untouched. We hope to a removable 2-piece set-up; one for the front (near the glass west-to-east) and one big piece that forks around the dual actuators (north and south).

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2009 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jebuz Curly, you have got WAY too much talent It just keeps getting better and better.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2009 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Jebuz Curly, you have got WAY too much talent It just keeps getting better and better.

Thanks. I dropped off the strut caps at WCF. Where now entering the final stages and now where adding the "design," cuts in and around the parts.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-29-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A very busy day. WCF was able to add a 1" lip around one of the insert pieces.

test fitted the inserts. It was a bit too close so shaving is in order.

Moving onto the throttle body side;

Everything seem to fit very nicely. I took the pieces back to WCf for additional tweaking.

I dropped by Trenzs to have my door handles replaced... what a pain!

It appears all of my handles broke off- cheap crap!

fixed;

Very poorly designed;

A nice Camero at the shop. Somebody was hating on the guy's car so they keyed his car;

A nice LS engine;

The paddle shifters are located inside the steering wheels. I like that idea instead of the large paddles you normally see.

I took the liberty of measuring those side view mirrors, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-30-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Meanwhile back at the ranch; the throttle piece is nearly finished;

Near perfect fit. I to have a cut out for the throttle cable. Right now it's just sitting on top and is crooked.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-31-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2009 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Beautification continued

Look what Brown did for me;

Tubbing for the throttle cable;

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-01-2009).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 05:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Very poorly designed;

They are crap, there is a company that make stronger aftermarket one but I forget the name. I might have a drivers side laying around still.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

They are crap, there is a company that make stronger aftermarket one but I forget the name. I might have a drivers side laying around still.

It appears to be a problem with all Mitsubishi/Chrysler cars that use this type of door handle and they tend to break off. The cars in question are Eclipse/Talon/Sebring. I saw a Dodge truck with such a handle but it had a support bar that attaches to both arms. In my case, I waited until both handles broke off thus I had no choice but to replace them @ $20 buck a handle and $40 bucks to install.
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time for some suicide doors, shaved handles and door poppers for the eclipse an LS4 under the hood too.
Wilky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WilkySend a Private Message to WilkyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by InTheLead:

Time for some suicide doors, shaved handles and door poppers for the eclipse an LS4 under the hood too.

or just send it where all dodges belong....the scrapper lol

Madcurl the cars looking great. keep up the good work
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
suicide lambo doors would rock
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2009 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wilky:

Madcurl the cars looking great. keep up the good work

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-31-2009).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The cars in question are Eclipse/Talon/Sebring.

And Dodge Avenger. If you keep the car long enough for the handles to break again you should look into the aftermarket handles, they are around $12 each and some parts stores actually carry the drivers side but will have to order the passenger side.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautification continued: Installed the chrome conduit tubbing;

Other-than-that.... nothing new.
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2009 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Other-than-that.... nothing new.

Did you go to SEMA yet?

Tomorrow's the last full day.

A
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2009 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Did you go to SEMA yet?

Tomorrow's the last full day.

A

I had to work and couldn't get off until today. I hope to leave early on Thursday.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had enough time for a few items tweaked. The throttle plate is now sitting pretty.

Looking through the glass pic.

I had 1" removed from the intake tubbing. Next week comes the plate over the intake.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-19-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2009 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oooooooo,...more of the foose rims !

Haven't seen that car in a long time.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

oooooooo,...more of the foose rims !

Haven't seen that car in a long time.

A few tweaks have been added to the Fiero. Flush door handles, side moldings and mirrors are painted yellow, bigger brakes with chrome plated calipers.
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got a couple ideas for the actuators for the decklid to fill in the slotted holes.

1: that hair stuff you see around auto shifters.
2: a piece of rubber slit in the middle
3: a Shifter boot.

I like the fact that ..... you can't leave well enough alone and drive your car, so you take it upon yourself to continue the progress.

One Question though. is there any ability for your engine to rock compared to the body? If so you might want to watch your clearances when making your fill panels.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Got a couple ideas for the actuators for the decklid to fill in the slotted holes.

1: that hair stuff you see around auto shifters.
2: a piece of rubber slit in the middle
3: a Shifter boot.

I like the fact that ..... you can't leave well enough alone and drive your car, so you take it upon yourself to continue the progress.

One Question though. is there any ability for your engine to rock compared to the body? If so you might want to watch your clearances when making your fill panels.

Actually, a 2" lip will be added within the actuator slots. The distance needed for engine (rocking) is noted thus no actual lip has been added in these critical areas (inside cut-outs near the sterring pump and throttle plate). The flat areas (throttle and actuator) will have cut-outs for wire mesh thus eliminating a cookie cutter favor. The strut plates too will have cut outs. Once performed- grinding of all sharp and welded corners.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2009 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had 1-day to attend SEMA 2009 last week. I came across some old ideas, hehe.

Sweet angles: reminds of something. I'd better get back on it.

http://www.altecproducts.com/

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-09-2009).]

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2009 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes lay off the bling for a while my eyes hurt lol

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 11-08-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's time to move onto the backside of the trunk.

Since I'll need the caddy evaporator canister- Steve suggested moving it to the fender wall (I must agree).

Templet made:

Allowing for corner cuts;

A better mock-up car: Chris West's

PFF
System Bot
GTCONVERSION

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTCONVERSIONSend a Private Message to GTCONVERSIONEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like where this is going,But i must ask will this make for temp problems with low air movement ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTCONVERSION:

I like where this is going,But i must ask will this make for temp problems with low air movement ?

Vents and mesh screens are in the making, hehe. However, with all of the chrome inside the engine compartment- it's gonna be a bit hotter than normal. Here's a sneak peak. the inserts are sitting and not flush against the inner wall.

Moving right along, but like a turtle. I was busy all day, but back at the ranch- WCF performed a excellent job with the actuator flange lips. The 1" lip adds depth to the inserts.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-13-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve (WCF) started the tap-outs and holes for the hex bolts. Also the needed openings for the wiring. Next week the plenum vents will be added followed by wire mesh in certain areas in and around the inserts for better venting.

I haven't decided on what type of design for the connection piece, but I'll come up with something.

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even though when you raise that decklid it sounds like your retracting landing gear on a toy airplane, it will at least look cool.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 11-13-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2009 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time to get busy! Steve (WCF) is busy welding 4-plenum vents on top of the insert pieces at a 45 degree angle. Also, Steve had a great idea regarding the flat strut plat. We're exaggerating the openings near the strut actuator. Those opening should draw the eyes away from the some-what flat strut plates thus keep the eyes moving. Prior to adding the intake housing we need to add the trunk's back plate too.

In the meantime- a left over pic.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-16-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2009 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WCF was really busy this with other projects so we're a bit behind on the strut tower plates. No biggie, steve was able to add a few tweaks to the strut towers. Granted, the latest tweaks are mainly for looks and to draw one's eyes away from the flat area cause the actuators don't need the cut-outs. Steve and I were thinking about adding a strut bar to break-up the flat area.

Plenum vents in place; on Wednesday welding the part in place.

Not 100% sure regarding engine/plate clearance. I might remove additional material for added safety issues.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-18-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2009 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update: Due to the resent storm in the Bay Area I was unable to head out to WCF for strut tower caps, but Steve and I came up with a nice design using Troy boy’s stainless steel grill wire mesh. I lay down a nice pattern that followed the contour of the various flat areas in and around the flat strut caps, throttle plate, and near the power steering pump. I hope to pick these items up on Monday and then off to the chrome shop.

The items left to finish are; the trunk, intake, and a design to cover over the transmission area. I decided not to use a strut tower brace since the backend doesn't need it and I'm ready to move onto other areas of the car.... like the nose. I'll need to order a set of custom spark plug wires from CHRF

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-21-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2009 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The drive down WCF was nice late last night with no issue. I finally got a change to stop by WCF late this evening due to UPS holding me up all day. Anyway, the Beautification build is coming along nicely. Steve got around to cutting and welding the plenum vents onto the insert pieces.

Also (thanks to Troyboy) we'll be using wire mesh for the cut-outs;

A Small section (behind the plenum vents) will have wire mesh (the area behind the opening isn't cut-out... yet).

Also, Steve continued the 1" welds around the insert piece that surrounds the power steering pump.

Insert piece;

angled for depth and visual FX

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-24-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2009 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Clearances:

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-24-2009).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock