Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 50)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2008 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:
That car has come a LONG way.

And so has this thread. PAGE 50 IS MINE!
IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2008 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

What is that underbelly stuff made of?

It's flat sheet ABS. You can get it at most industrial rubber/plastic supply places.

Archie
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2008 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

It's flat sheet ABS. You can get it at most industrial rubber/plastic supply places.

Archie

How thick is it? It looks a lot thicker in that picture than the other posts. I like it!
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2008 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Archie

How much do you pay for it? is it sold by the square foot...
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2008 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

It looks a lot thicker in that picture than the other posts. I like it!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2008 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Finally getting around too attempting to hook-up the rear actuators.

Since my over-fill tank was removed, I decided to go to the "project room" and pulled out the polished tank.....oh yeah baby!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An easy day relaxing and doing some work on the chopper. I need to finish the actuator wiring so after getting the Dakota Digital actuator synchronized now began the wiring. Everything the Crew perform worked flawlessly so my wire hook-up was pretty easy. I should have started right away once the car was back to CA, but I was too busy enjoying my ride. Anyway, first-things-first.... fold yo stuff!

Next I needed to remove the Corvette seat.

Archie and Crew did a nice job at lowering my seats with original mounting point in tacked.

Archie and the Crew did a nice job on the center console with easy access.

Next, I wanted to take advantage of one of the original holes just about the computer area.

Since I'm using a dual actuator set-up the hole was a bit too small so I decided to make another one just above instead of making one big hole.

Wires laid so time to get to work in the back;

Running the wires through;

Used flex hoses routed through the opening for a factory look;

Back to the interior; the hook-up.

I spent the rest of the day going over D1S Caddy dash pod hook-up and Dakota Digital's gauges. Archie and Crew did an excellent job at hooking the needed items to get me home with out being worried about the readings. Also the location was easy to reach. All I need to do now is hook the remaining items for that dreaded CA inspection.

Edit; to add pics and I can't spell, heheh.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-05-2008).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice work Curly.
I am glad I don't still live in Ca. all the DOT hoops you have to jump threw to get a car on the road.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

nice work Curly.
I am glad I don't still live in Ca. all the DOT hoops you have to jump threw to get a car on the road.

Thanks. Yeah, CA smog laws are a pain, but I have performed this daunting task before, so I hope this time I'll only need to see the smog rep 1-time instead of 7-times.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2008 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay, on with the electrical hook-up (something I'm not wanting to do).

It was in the 50s this morning. A bit to cold for me so I needed to reach 66-70 now that's working weather.

Disconnect both chop tops;

Removing Caddy pod; Okay, that was too easy.

The dreaded wiring;

Plug n' Play; D1S marked the needed hook-ups;

Copy the completed project and perform the same task on #020'

Tight working place in #011 without a sun roof

Finding the correct prom connections;

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2008 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
With back against the wall it's nice having a pair VDC; up and out of the way!

Next step prom II

Splice n' dice;

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2008 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump, for good measurements, hehe.

It's raining cats and dogs here in the Bay Area so #020 is parked inside the garage. Still need to continue hooking up the Caddy pod system.

Here's the measurements for the Corvette seats. Keep in mind, Archie and the Crew max-out seat rails for fit and you'll need to do the same if you decide the use this type of seat. Also, you're limited as-to moving and folding the upper part of the seat thus the top portion will hit the roof. My seat are allowed to move forward, but you can't tilt the seat. Since we're about the same height the results should be the same.

Give a minute to post all of the pictures. I'm finally using my Iphoto.

Here's the bottom width-wise.

Bottom @ 20 inches (the best I could do while holding the camera)

Upper back seat from bottom to the very top (once again the best I could do without removing the seat from car)

Max-forward tilt;

Max- backward tilt; This is my normal driving position and I very rarely tilt the seat forward.

More pics; clearance

As you can see from underneath, the seat cannot be folded w/o it hitting the roof. I'm okay with this since nobody is getting in the back, right?

The Corvette seat truly hug your side without being obtrusive. It's a better seat for long drives and for going around corners. The down side to using this seat is the headrest blocks your view when trying to look from the drivers side sail window. However. you can see through passenger side sail window.

Last pic; Passenger seat. I usually have leaned as-is, but sometime it's tilted back.

Expect to pay about $600-750 bucks for these.

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2008 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Busy as always I see
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any updates on your car?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

any updates on your car?

Nothing lately. Too cold to work in the garage even with the heater. I do plan on heading to DMV lair today (if I can get out of my driveway, hehe).

Work car snowed-in, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-18-2008).]

ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that Eclipse a GSX (AWD)? If so, there is no such thing as "snowed in". If it's a FWD, well then, it should be an AWD.

------------------

88 Fiero GT - garage ornament
'96 Talon TSi AWD - 11.9 @ 116, sorta broke again
'90 Camaro IROC-Z twin-turbo - sorta broke again
'85 Kawi 750 Turbo - sorta broke still
'95 Kawi GPZ1100 - 10 second daily driver, heh
'87 Craftsman 8HP mid-engine mower - WTH?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2008 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2008 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your not going to be putting that Cadillac Emblem back on are you?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2008 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Your not going to be putting that Cadillac Emblem back on are you?

Yep. It's only temporary.
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2008 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Yep. It's only temporary.

Did you ever get the set I left for you at Archie's at Chop Top II?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2008 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

Did you ever get the set I left for you at Archie's at Chop Top II?

No. I didn't. Which ones are those? If they're the ones I got from you during the 1st choptop reunion or the Dells show... I don't want to waste messing them up, so I'm waiting on the paint first.

BTW, thanks for the emblems.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-30-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2008 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might want to hire an electrical helper. If all your splices are like those don't expect them to last a long time. Those scotch loks should be banned for automotive use. Other than that keep going.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I smell an update !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

I smell an update !

Thanks Tony. Unique Chrome (same company that customized Troy's LS7) did the honors for #020's N*. I meet the company at SEMA 2008. I have additional plans for their services in the near future, hehe.

Unique's work;

I've seen other types, but I picked these guys. Besides, Troy did the R&D so no need to pave new roads in unchartered lands.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-03-2009).]

Fiero Owner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That bike looks awesome, that would be cool to see coming at you down the road. They seem to do nice work, your Northstar cover is really shiny.
DL10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2009 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I see you found a picture of a replica of my car..........

------------------

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Tony. Unique Chrome (same company that customized Troy's LS7) did the honors for #020's N*. I meet the company at SEMA 2008. I have additional plans for their services in the near future, hehe.

WOW!!

They say chrome doesn't get you home, but I have to say the N* will look awesome sitting under that chrome cover.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2009 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got some items for #020 today from Unique Chrome.

Pic through the 350Z glass;

I hung out at Auto Sound Lab for color camera lens hook-up and other needed item to be wired up;

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-17-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2009 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I finally had the Corvette fog lamps hooked up too... much better!

Edit: I didn't have a extra lamps switch laying around so the fog lamp are hooked to the headlamps thus when headlamps are on... so too the foglamps. During hi-beam the foglamps are off. I'll get a separate switch some time later.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2009 05:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2009 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Might want to hire an electrical helper. If all your splices are like those don't expect them to last a long time. Those scotch loks should be banned for automotive use. Other than that keep going.

Thanks for the heads-up, but me routing the wires and programming the actuators for the shop- saved me some coinage (3-hrs or so shop wages) the shop had the easy work soldering the wires and hook-up. Besides, they would've babied it being fearful of breaking something like cracking the windshield or ripping out a chunk of fiberglass for those actuators are very strong.

I won't be needing the block of wood cause they hooked the Caddy pod, fog lamps, reprogrammed the alarm to auto open the rear and front hoods, and camera. I didn't leave the shop until 19:00HRS, but it was worth the wait for I had to be there to show them what, where, and function of various parts. I briefly walked to Wendy's for lunch and during which they forgot to activate the camera in full operation. That mistake was found, as I was about to leave. They pulled #020 back into the garage for additional 45-minutes.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2009 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Caddy pod hooked up and working. If there's any problems with the N*, I can diagnose it through the engine management system. Mostly it's a CA smog thing otherwise I wouldn't have it mounted.... just for scanning.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2009 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie,

How difficult was it to create the extra hips on #20 ??

Did you guys move the rear ( b ?) pillars inward or did you just build up the bodykit hips more ?
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2009 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Archie,

How difficult was it to create the extra hips on #20 ??

Did you guys move the rear ( b ?) pillars inward or did you just build up the bodykit hips more ?

Looks like the fenders were built up and the c-pillar pulled in, prior to the flares being added:

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 01-18-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2009 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Looks like the fenders were built up and the c-pillar pulled in, prior to the flares being added:

Bob

Thanks.

Yes. Bob is correct. Granted, the FX is aided by usage of the Mad-Arch kit for the no "straight up & down" board look.

Notice the model's hour-glass figure.

Curley doing some research.

Thus we copied what nature has proven to work. If I might add, Archie decided to build two types of hips. On one side the "old school" and the other a "modern" or smoother look. It was decided that "old school" hip looked agressive for a American car, so we went with that.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2009 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

MLK bump.

fieroman22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i must know what that replica is?
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly, any thoughts on a full cover for the engine bay, similar to a Lotus Esprit? The Caddy cover looks drop dead gorgeous, but the rest pulls attention away from it. Just a thought....
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topher_time:

Curly, any thoughts on a full cover for the engine bay, similar to a Lotus Esprit? The Caddy cover looks drop dead gorgeous, but the rest pulls attention away from it. Just a thought....

Actually, a full cover will or may embed the air flow thus my plan is too not cover the entire engine bay with simple flat surfaces, but rather mimic the Caddy plenum cover with angles and sharp corners along both front/rear fire walls and sail panel areas leaving the areas closest to the engine untouched. We hope to a removable 2-piece set-up; one for the front (near the glass west-to-east) and one big piece that forks around the dual actuators (north and south). Unique Chrome will perform the plating honors while Auto Sound Lab will do the glass work based upon my design. In the end the entire top area will "pop" thus complimenting the Caddy plenum cover. Currently, I'm swapping parts from #015 thus expediting the process.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2009 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by fieroman22:

i must know what that replica is?

From my knowledge the car isn't a replica, but the real deal.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock