Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 46)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2008 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today, we got more done on the car.

This morning we put the finishing touches on the rear actuators.

Both struts are mounted to a bracket that we attached to the top of the frame rails.

On the left side we had to remove the aircleaner for access (it will remount right back where it was. We also had to remove the charcoal canister, it will have to re-mount in a slightly different position.

After reinstalling the aircleaner & relocating the canister, this is what it looked like.....

On the right side we just had to relocate a wire loom to get to the top of the frame rail.

We also got started on mounting the mirrors for the last time & wiring them so they are operational with the original switch. It took a while for us to discover that the power mirror switch that was originally in the car bad. Once we found that, we replaced it with one from the Field of Dreams & finished mounting the left mirror. Still got to finish up the right mirror next week.

Also finished up the front wheel wells & routed & covered the wires for the C6 headlights.

The big thing today........

We got the new windshield installed today.....

Archie

------------------

Sig by Custom2M4

IP: Logged
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2008 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
The big thing today........

We got the new windshield installed today.....

Archie

This pic demonstrates everything! I love it!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2008 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

On the right side we just had to relocate a wire loom to get to the top of the frame rail.

Archie

Excellent location. Looks OEM.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-11-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2008 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, all the way back on page 3........ not for long.

We're getting pretty close to having it all back together as far as Curl wants us to go.

Amoung several other things, today's big project was getting the 350Z rear window installed for the last time.

Anyone who's followed this thread from the beginning, knows that the rear desklid has a lot of steel in it so that it stays good & solid. No flex or twist is going to happen with this one.

There are 2 large ribs running North & South, 1 rib running left to right across the top & 1 across the base of the window. In addition there is a hand formed steel rib all the way around the rear window. Our plan from the beginning is to attach the rear window directly to these ribs. You can see them in this picture where the red arrows are.....

Here's some pics of it installed.....

Plus, I just had to show the windshield too.

Archie
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2008 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not much Pontiac left on that one....It is truly a work of art. Great job to all involved. Can't wait to see it painted - and complete - but wait, we are talking about madcurl here - In that case, it will never be done. Can't wait till the next morph...lol
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2008 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Not much Pontiac left on that one....It is truly a work of art. Great job to all involved. Can't wait to see it painted - and complete - but wait, we are talking about madcurl here - In that case, it will never be done. Can't wait till the next morph...lol

Thanks for the compliment, but I tip my hat to Archie and the Crew. The previous owner of the car entrusted me with the build. I hope he will be suprised when I drop-bye.

Yes. The Pontiac's DNA is there, but you have to look pretty hard to see it, but it's there somewhere, hehe. I did kept the taillamps. I have one more tweak before it leaves Archie's shop, but I won't know until the parts arrives on Wednesday.

Great job Archie. I'm not sure what angle I like the best for it use-to-be the rear, then the front, but now it's the Corvette seats.

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2008 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the car looks great!!!!!!!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2008 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

the car looks great!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

In my haste to view pics @ 3 AM I just noticed it. Thanks Archie for painting the trunk cap and bilaterial bars black. Now it doesn't stand out and blends-in with the 350Z glass.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2008 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2008 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

The 245s will be shipped out to Archie's along with 1/2 spring spacers from WCF (just in case).

The Problem; (1) finger clearance. You need (2) finger clearance for the fronts when using 18/19s.

The solution;

Problem fixed (I hope?).

Thanks Chris West (from WCF) for making the spacers.

Edit: spelling hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-14-2008).]

BlackGT Codde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2008 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackGT CoddeSend a Private Message to BlackGT CoddeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so when the new brakes gonna shine up the wheels
and what color they gonna be
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2008 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackGT Codde:

so when the new brakes gonna shine up the wheels
and what color they gonna be

The Baer 13/14 combos are currently at D1S. I'll stop by Kevins place for possible clearence issues and hook-up. Once I'm back to CA I'll ship the rotors out for black chrome coating for "pop" appeal.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2008 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2008 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, when does it go home ?
this car is just sick! nice job to all involved!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Archie. The screen placement was originally Chuck's (MotorTV) idea using the MadArch kit and IMO there was no additional tweaking needed. The F360 tweaking was aided by 4.9 (Steven) photoshop'n skills. Now the mirrors look like they belong on #020.

These are just a few examples how positive individuals on Pennock's can aid by offering constructive comments vs. the negetive hate from individuals seen on other forums.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Prior Nickle clearance, not good.

Coke can pics to follow.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Reality

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Prior Nickle clearance, not good.

Coke can pics to follow.

Well I was really bored at work yesterday so went through this thread starting at page one. After doing so my only critique would be with the front bumper. And basically its just a matter of taste but I think the opening in front needs something. Haven't quite put my finger on what yet but I was thinking of something similar to the Attack

OH well like I said just my opinion and we all know how that saying goes . . .

Take care,
Wilson

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Reality:

Well I was really bored at work yesterday so went through this thread starting at page one. After doing so my only critique would be with the front bumper. And basically its just a matter of taste but I think the opening in front needs something. Haven't quite put my finger on what yet but I was thinking of something similar to the Attack

OH well like I said just my opinion and we all know how that saying goes . . .

Take care,
Wilson

Wow! Forget the opinion, "It is truly nice to hearing from you." Where in the heck have you've been? Oh yeah, I'm still using the sign design you made for me five years ago. Thank you.

Okay, back to your input. The Attack car (believe it or not) I asked those clowns for that insert part long time ago and they told me, "We don't sell our parts individually. You have to buy the entire car." Apparently, they didn’t take kindly to any Fiero owners having Attack parts on a Fiero.

Moving forward, I plan on having the area (where the nose turns inward) painted black thus the same visual FX should be the same as the Attack. In other words, by painting the area black (similar to the stock GT nose) will have the same results (I hope). This will break-up the massive nose and draw the eyes up and away from it's lowered half.

front passenger side view:

Edit: pic example

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-16-2008).]

Reality

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay, back to your input. The Attack car (believe it or not) I asked those clowns for that insert part long time ago and they told me, "We don't sell our parts individually. You have to buy the entire car." Apparently, they didn’t take kindly to any Fiero owners having Attack parts on a Fiero.

I know what you mean about the guys building the Attack's. I actually drove up to the owners house to look at his K! Evolution and man they don't want to share anyinfo. I asked about the headlights and he starting yelling at me about people stealing their parts and ideas, says everyone stole their designs on the vertical door hinges too.

As for me I sold my car and was out of the Fiero stuff for awhile but now I have a Formula that is all original that I am trying to bring back, also I've been helping dad with the fiberglass side of things. Plus some personal things like getting married and changeing jobs yada yada yada . . .

Pretty much I've been being a red blooded American putting myself into debt and all that good stuff, but I see things seem to be progressing pretty good for you, I am thinking about takeing the Formula to Florida this year you think this vehicle will be done by then?

Wilson
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know what you mean about the guys building the Attack's. I actually drove up to the owners house to look at his K! Evolution and man they don't want to share anyinfo. I asked about the headlights and he starting yelling at me about people stealing their parts and ideas, says everyone stole their designs on the vertical door hinges too.
Wilson

I forgot to add, I asked the Attack Company about the side mirrors too. I got the same response, "NO." In the end, I think it was the right decision. IMO the real F360 mirrors fits #020 better and the nose opening is 100% unique. If they made parts available then many would buy thus making their Attack car loose some of that uniqueness.

I am thinking about takeing the Formula to Florida this year you think this vehicle will be done by then?

Wilson

Exoticse, Godfather, and Whodeannie are trying for a mini chop top reunion D9, but I'm still up in the air on that one. It's a long haul for me (3,400 miles x 2) with no multi-tasking for me to sway my decision. The only option is if Leroy was heading to D9, but that’s if his car is painted. I’m not sure about Jscott or Will-Martin, but it would be “cool” all four chop tops were rolling to D9.

------------------

"Friends don't let friends drive stock"

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curl, you have a PM.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He got the Coke can in ! HA HA!

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before;

After;

I guess I lost an inch, hehe. I'm low, but I have to roll.

Thanks Leroy (#013) for selling me the drop spindles. For those who don't know, Leroy and I were rolling 19x9 on 255/30/19s up front. Based upon Leroys experiences using the drop spindles, I needed to clear by 1.5". In my case, the smaller tires (245/35/18) and spring spacers from WCF helped. It was a tough call, but I think it worked. I'll find out once the car settles a bit. Right now it looks to be (2) finger clearance.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any full side shots of the 18/20 combo ??
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

After;

It only fit because its diet coke. LOL. Now you don't have to worry about those speed bumps.

Joe
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two fingered Louie.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Let's put all three videos together, hehe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mPekTvOEOo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM_mst-PPPM

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-17-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! That was one big 3-year pipe dream, but it was worth it.

JesseM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2008 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JesseMSend a Private Message to JesseMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work people, Curley, i must have missed it but im guessing you are going to paint it red right? im guessing because of the headlights...
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JesseM:

Nice work people, Curley, i must have missed it but im guessing you are going to paint it red right? im guessing because of the headlights...

The color I picked is seen on a Corvette one or two pages back. The Corvette headlamps will be replaced with black ones.

Here are one of the black headlamps for #020

Edit: Add pics

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-18-2008).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JesseM:

Nope. Color revealed on page 44.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/050746-44.html

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-18-2008).]

3.6lvvt6spdgt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.6lvvt6spdgtSend a Private Message to 3.6lvvt6spdgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow it looks like the only thing stock on that car is the lower door and the tail lights lol nice ive enjoyed watching this build. PAINT????
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 3.6lvvt6spdgt:

wow it looks like the only thing stock on that car is the lower door and the tail lights lol nice ive enjoyed watching this build. PAINT????

Yeah, the sun roof glass (and the items you've mentioned) are only items on the outside that are stock or untouched. The door handle was kept for easy access and for lifting the VDC door. The stock sun roof glass was going to be replaced, but the Corvette seats were too tall.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Great job Archie on the nose-floors. No need for air/water getting inside headlamp area.
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Nope. Color revealed on page 44.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/050746-44.html

Here is a link directly to the post with the color

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...050746-44.html#p1727
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Great job Archie on the nose-floors. No need for air/water getting inside headlamp area.

Looks like black abs plastic. Nice call.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock