Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 43)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2008 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tunes....

Benzino - " Widebody" (ARCH Nemesis)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC5QTYwj3n0

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-02-2008).]

IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2008 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

Here are some more photos for us. You will need 3d glasses for a few if you have them

hehe, that's why I try not to post some of the fuzzy pics.

I hate my camera.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2008 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
We've been doing (hopefully) some of the final body installation.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2008 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

We've been doing (hopefully) some of the final body installation.

Archie

Hee-hee, Archie said, "hopefully." I have a few more items (Lotus wiper V) to tweak and I'm done.

Great job Archie and the Crew.

------------------

"Friends don't let friends drive stock"

slinger

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2008 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl when me and my girlfriend went to archies this past summer, she told me she wanted your car and that i need to build one so she can drive it

looks relly good, cant wate to see it with the lights in and paint.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2008 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by slinger:

madcurl when me and my girlfriend went to archies this past summer, she told me she wanted your car and that i need to build one so she can drive it

looks relly good, cant wate to see it with the lights in and paint.

Thanks, for the kind words. I'm sure Archie can build you one if your g/f can't wait, but in the meantime. If you're coming to the 3rd choptop reunion please feel-free to take a pic of your g/f inside #020.

Side note: Sorry about the headlamps not mounted on inside the car. Currently, Archie and the Crew are fabricating Dave's VDC kit for #023 so that priority #1 in my book therefore I can wait. However, the headlamps, windshield, and mirrors will be mounted for the show.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2008 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please tell me that wiper arm isn't going to sit like showed in the pics? Having that wiper blade right in the middle of the glass on the passenger side doesn't look right.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2008 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Please tell me that wiper arm isn't going to sit like showed in the pics? Having that wiper blade right in the middle of the glass on the passenger side doesn't look right.

At first, yes. I was going to have both sides even-out, but after letting the idea marinate, I've since come-up with a better plan that will solve two issues at the same time. I'll finalize the idea once I arrive at Archie's in two days (I hope). I found my answer from viewing a prototype.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2008 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

T- minus 16-Hours.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-04-2008).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2008 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Has the madman landed yet ??

P.S. Thanks Curly for the birthday wishes.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2008 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003

PFF
System Bot
Halcyon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2008 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HalcyonSend a Private Message to HalcyonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Oh No! The dreaded double post.

You got caught by the n00b.

86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2008 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
how does that happen? I don't think that has ever happened to me.....

They're like 4 min. apart too.

[This message has been edited by 86fierofun (edited 09-05-2008).]

FieroCS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2008 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCSSend a Private Message to FieroCSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that car is simply STUNNING and its not even done..good job guys..wish i had the time to do projects like that.. eerrr ahh learn how to do projects like that
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2008 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2008 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I knew it!! all this time they thought it was the cars

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 09-05-2008).]

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2008 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

I was going to comment something similar but i didn't want to get things started.

So is this the new required pose? "The Chop Top Lean"
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2008 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys are too funny!!
So how are things going Curly??
Is the car ALMOST the way you've always dreamed it would turn out, or are you still in the last tweaking stages???
I'm lovin' the overall look of the car!!
Hopefully I can show some progress on my project soon......

------------------
Order your Official Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion pushing 350 ponies!!

Dan Ro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2008 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dan RoSend a Private Message to Dan RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's naughty ! Hah!
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2008 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the laughs Yes, this is the new Chop Top Pose!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2008 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

You guys are too funny!!
So how are things going Curly??
Is the car ALMOST the way you've always dreamed it would turn out, or are you still in the last tweaking stages???
I'm lovin' the overall look of the car!!
Hopefully I can show some progress on my project soon......

Thanks. The car is looking Great! I added a few more tweaks to the hood and Kris likes it (you need young peoples input, hehe). We went over a few items and all is good. Oh, oh here comes Archie for pick-up.
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2008 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I dont care who you are or what you drive that is funny and if it didnt make you smile then bend over and pull the stick out of your ass.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a wonderful time with friends and my little "green" tape at Archie's.

Test fitting sail windows;

looking through (from the side);

Looking from inside (through the deck glass and out through the sail window;

Looking through deck glass and through 350Z glass.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Screens N' Things;

Speakers came out pretty nice;

I wanted the top portion of the speaker box to over-lap the fire wall for that water flow feel;

Trunk cap; The trunk cap will no doubt be painted black.

350Z side grills will also be painted black;

Ford GT40 grill came out pretty nice too. Originally the grill was to be used where the existing 350Z grills are, but we passed on that idea and placed them at the bottom.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

Yes. The Arch Rival is about 98% finished leaving only a few items to tweak. This visit was to tackle that Lotus wiper bump in the middle of the hood. Therefore I needed to mock-up a design to "house" the ugly wiper arm bump, solve the uneven "V", and finding a way of removing the wiper blade w/o destroying the over-all area. The answer was found on the Ferrari concept. If you can, try and notice the "housing" of the wiper blade. This is what I'm shooting for on #020. This way I can kill three problems with one simple tweak.

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

http://www.pininfarina.com/...lli/ultimi/p4_5.html

Thanks for the link.

Although the mock-up is a bit too big (I didn't have time to cut and reduce the size), Kris will reduce the size a bit, but the over-all idea is what we're shooting for.

I plan on using a flat wiper arm w/o the height.

edit: A newer style Corvette hood in the making. Hm very interesting.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-08-2008).]

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Although the mock-up is a bit too big, the over-all idea is what we're shooting for.

What about making the shape a little more like the cutout in the scoop?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

What about making the shape a little more like the cutout in the scoop?

Now put a little-V were the wiper is and see what we get.
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Now put a little-V were the wiper is and see what we get.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2008 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

Very interesting. It does flow the larger V vent, but I still digging the Ferrari one. It too is sharp and goes the opposite of the main hood vent. However, it seems to work for some reason.

Oh well, Kris will continue to tweak this bit.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2008 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Mod changes;

F430 front side vents...nice!

Green tape;

This the second time this area has been changed, but as one person said to me regarding his change, "I wasn't married to the part, so I changed it."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-09-2008).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2008 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More green tape? will it ever stop?
Curly the car is looking great!
I would not want to know what Archies bill would be on your car with all the changes.
but it will be the way you want it that's for sure.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2008 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

More green tape? will it ever stop?

Just the Lotus V, actuators (talked about during my previous visit), and side vents. Although, I must admit I did try and fit those driving lights into the front, hee-hee.

Everything else was perfect.

especially the hood scoop; this perhaps the biggest issue "known to mankind" ,but it was defeated, hee-hee.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-10-2008).]

85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2008 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl your car is amazing will th nose work with the widebody i we talked about. Could someone photoshop madcurl vette nose with the madarch widebody on a notchie in there spare time. I am very interested to see how it would look. starting to get images in head cool fieros lots of bodywork. I now have the bug.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2008 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85duke:

Madcurl your car is amazing will th nose work with the widebody i we talked about. Could someone photoshop madcurl vette nose with the madarch widebody on a notchie in there spare time. I am very interested to see how it would look. starting to get images in head cool fieros lots of bodywork. I now have the bug.

IMO I think it would look very good. Many have used the Fiero Warehouse hood scoop, but used the entire scoop, but if you cut-out the center and re-tweak the edges like #020 you'd still maintain a not-so-hot-rod-esh flow.

You could also shape the scoop to your liking, like this one from the Corvette guys.

A newer style Corvette hood in the making. Hm very interesting.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2008 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Still tweaking;

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-09-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2008 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working on several things.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2008 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Working on several things.

Archie

Looking good.

For those who may be curious as-to the reasons for using the V-shape, it was not only to follow the Ferrari concept, but also the Pontiac emblem. While I was at the shop I pointed to Kris the emblem on Archie's Solstice nose.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2008 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Head clearance; All clear.

Well, how's the Corvette seats? Hmm, she's smiling.

Strapping herself in;

Okay, adjustments made;

I forgot to take pics of her raising VDC.

Dude, I thinks she likes it.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-10-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock