Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 40)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Edit: I own pg. 40

Curley doing some research.

Fuel sensor; location on driver side.

Edit: I own pg. 40.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-05-2008).]

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Working on the rear part of the console. Making it bigger, deeper & better......

Archie

The "big" 8" woofer is getting long in the tooth on my builds, so I decided to go small. Two JL mid-range speakers inside the Fiero "Water-fall." Its a combination of two ideas I've gleaned from the Corvette and the Viper. The Viper has two speakers and the Vette's water fall is what I'm shooting for. #020 already has the stock sub woofer and I'll use one of the JL 4.5" speaker.

the goodie table;

Kris parking #020.

I can't wait until the CTHC 3!
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly,
the car is looking great. it's nice to see it out in the sun insted of covered with dust like mine.
I can't wait to see it finished.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Curly,
the car is looking great. it's nice to see it out in the sun insted of covered with dust like mine.
I can't wait to see it finished.

Its the bottom of the 9th, bases loaded, Willie Mays is at the plate and I can't wait to hit a home run! On my way back I'm by passing D1S and heading straight to Caleefornia (Gov. Arnold) and roll hard with primer, hehe. I'll have kevin send me the Baer brakes to CA. The plane tickets are too expensive.

Big rear end;

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-30-2008).]

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

What are your plans with the wiper and arm ?
They could at least benefit from some slim and lightly curved covers imo..it just doesnt looks finished now..

nice progress anyway !!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

What are your plans with the wiper and arm ?
They could at least benefit from some slim and lightly curved covers imo..it just doesnt looks finished now..

nice progress anyway !!

Thats OEM Lotus equipment so, I can't do anything about it. Unless there's some type of after market add-on... then maybe? However, I agree it needs a "tweak" but for now I'm through; ETA is Sep 6, 2008.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today's News

We did that little mirror mod that you had asked for. A little sanding & filling & it'll be done.

Rob has got the gage panel lit up.....

Kris has been working on the rear bumper, getting the shape all across the back & finishing the modded side bumper scoops.

The biggest excitement today is the interior.

I'll put all that in the next post but I gotta eat dinner first.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Today's News

We did that little mirror mod that you had asked for. A little sanding & filling & it'll be done.

Archie

Wow! Now I'm excited! The F360 have officially been "tweaked" to match my style. "Never add a (part) to your car, tweak it first."

------------------

"Friends don't let friends drive stock"

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Modified back panel is now deeper & taller than it was originally to allow a deeper speaker.

Building up the back panel means you have to shorten the center console cover.

Then we start looking at speaker mounting....

Maybe a double......

Archie
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow! Now I'm excited! The F360 have officially been "tweaked" to match my style. "Never add a (part) to your car, tweak it first."

Your hood turned out great. I thought it was going to be a lot higher than what you made it. Is there a date set for paint yet?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:
Your hood turned out great. I thought it was going to be a lot higher than what you made it. Is there a date set for paint yet?

No I haven't, but maybe late Sept. #020 and I need time to bond so, I'm going to let the car marinate.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Modified back panel is now deeper & taller than it was originally to allow a deeper speaker.

Archie

Yeah, thats the ticket!

I purchased two 6.5" JL for the center console.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-31-2008).]

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No I haven't, but maybe late Sept. #020 and I need time to bond so, I'm going to let the car marinate.

What about a quick spray of primer, to get everything one color?
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey
Madcurl, I just wanted to suggest that you have the angles on the "V" where the wiper arm mounts made symetrical,
to me it looks like the angle to the drivers side is wider than the angle to the passenger side.
I know that the wiper goes more to the driver's side but you stated that you will be driving the car mustly without the wiper arm,
I think it might look better it being symetrical.

I have to say that car is coming out great, I hope you bring it down to Florida for the show.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Hey
Madcurl, I just wanted to suggest that you have the angles on the "V" where the wiper arm mounts made symetrical,
to me it looks like the angle to the drivers side is wider than the angle to the passenger side.
I know that the wiper goes more to the driver's side but you stated that you will be driving the car mustly without the wiper arm,
I think it might look better it being symetrical.

I have to say that car is coming out great, I hope you bring it down to Florida for the show.

Florida visit? I'd love to go, but thats a 3200 mile trip (one way) with a minimum of 10-day vacation and the only way I could justify it is by multi-tasking. My car would need to be at D1S in OKC (half way point) otherwise I'm mentally and physically tried (I'm not lying) to drive 6400 miles round trip. Besides, XS Customs nearly wore my behind off; going back n' forth, over and over again for VDC doors/dashes. Okay, back to the wiper thingie.

Yes. Kris and I discussed the unevenness of the Lotus "V" cut and I must correct my prior statements, "I will be driving with the wiper on" for it look awkward without the wiper in place regardless if both side are symetrical. To be honest, during the few days I've pipe dreamed a few ideas, but I seriously due to cost ($$$ x hr rates) I need to pick-up my car for it never leave the shop. I hope for someone else to pick-it-up from here for I'm burnt out and my mind needs a rest. The visit covered the important points, console, F360/door modifications, to add or not to add screens for the rear bumper side vents, and most importantly seeing the hood... I'm done.

Side note; the rear bumper side vents. The original plane were to use a vent screen and involving more $$$, however this issue was easily resolved by viewing the original front rocker vent.... it doesn't have them so why should the rear. Granted, it would look good, but I'll let somebody else pick-it-up from here.

As you can see, in the "resting position" the Lotus wiper is okay. If Kris makes both side symetrical, the resting position might appear to be off. Granted, the "World of Mankind may never know," cause I'm out baby, I'm out! $$$$ x shop rates!

Booty pic;

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curl, is this what you had in mind for the vents in the scoop?

Note, because of the shape of the underside of the flipper front end, it's going to be pretty hard to reach up inside the old norm scoop to put screens in this area.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curl, is this what you had in mind for the vents in the scoop?

Archie

Sorry for the delay I'm installing additional ceiling fans, but YES; Thats the ticket! After the cut, we might not even need a dual screen, but we'll see in a few minutes.

Note, because of the shape of the underside of the flipper front end, it's going to be pretty hard to reach up inside the old norm scoop to put screens in this area.

Archie

Come to think of it, you may not even need to go in for m the back side. The vent screen is flexable and should be able to man handle it into position.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

What about a quick spray of primer, to get everything one color?

Oh, Archie will. Once the vents are cut-out where done with the outside hood.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2008 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I need to consult my N.Y friend on this one.

A;

or

B;

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I need to consult my N.Y friend on this one.

I discussed it and we both came the to conclusion; diagonally the speakers reminds us of Total Recall; where the women has three breast. Lets stick with speakers example A. Recess the bottom speaker's radius into bottom curve; thus allowing for the top speaker to fall below the upper curve.

Checking out GM's "tweaks."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-01-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curley, check your EMail
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curley, check your EMail

Archie, check you Email.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to see you guys still at it... lol
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now thats what you call "tweaking your tweaks." Good job Kris.

Edit; That's the way GM should have done years ago; a updated factory version (thats a good thing). That crappy shoulder box was never useful; too hard to retrieve items from it.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-01-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2008 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Open up... wide! Now breath!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Come to think of it, you may not even need to go in for m the back side. The vent screen is flexable and should be able to man handle it into position.

I guess that problem was solved. Once the front nose is detached, just flip (The Flipper).

There's enough room room to lay additional layers of fiberglass for strenght.

Count-down: I'm out in 30-days!!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Rrunner.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-04-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got a lot of information to post tonight.

The last few days we've been working on the rear bumper & the nose.

Here Kris is working on the final finish of the main part of the rear bumper.....

He has made pockets to mount the reflectors into. Notr that the reflectors had no provisions to mount to the body, so he glassed in a "floor" at the bottom of the pockets......

While he was doing that he was also working on the final finish for the top & grill area of the nose....

We had to tap mounting hols into the reflectors & then thread in studs to allow a method of mounting them into the bumper....

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 08-04-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Here's the bumper with some primer on it....

He also reached inside the nose scoop to glass in the latest modifications that couldn't be glassed from the outside.

Here you can see the grill mounting flanges that we put in to give us something secure to mount the grill into

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
We stuck the rear bumper on the car to see what the reflectors looked like.....

Now, Curley, I need you to pay attention to these close-ups of the reflectors.

Notice how the reflector has a little bit of a curve from left to right as compared to the face of the bumper where it's mounted.

So we decided to mount it recessed in a little bit. The good thing is that the method we selected for the mounting studs on the reflectors allow us to adjust the fit out a bit more if that's what you like.

more to come.........
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
We also have a couple of other things that you need to decide on.

The only thing on the rear bumper that remains unfinished is the side vents.

We hope to finish them tomorrow.

We're trying to figure out where you want to cut the vent at. We marked this in black.

Check this out & comment.

Also see your EMail for some info on the side marker lights.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We stuck the rear bumper on the car to see what the reflectors looked like.....

So we decided to mount it recessed in a little bit. The good thing is that the method we selected for the mounting studs on the reflectors allow us to adjust the fit out a bit more if that's what you like.

more to come.........

Yeah that sweet and looks OEM. Nice "save" cause I really didn't want to go looking for another size reflectors. Funny thing, I had to actually see the position in person and now it's all coming together.

I'll check my email now!

Edit" Oh yeah, now my bumper looks 2000-ish.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-04-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Darn main computer! It's either blocking me from viewing my emails or something else is wrong? I'll try and review the vent marking pics at my office computer on Tuesday.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2008 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Darn main computer! It's either blocking me from viewing my emails or something else is wrong? I'll try and review the vent marking pics at my office computer on Tuesday.

Did you get that re-email I sent you?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2008 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did you get that re-email I sent you?

I closed all programs and now I'm able to view pics on Pennock's, but I just checked my email and there's no new mail. Send them to my pm; that might work since I'm able to view pics here now.

I like the Madza reflectors which modernizes the bumper and when shine upon they look like mini tail lamps.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2008 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

ORD 9/4/08 THURSDAY @ 15:35hr

30-DAYS TO TOUCH DOWN.

The_Ikon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2008 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The_IkonClick Here to visit The_Ikon's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_IkonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WHOA!!!! This is a great thread! SUPER ride!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2008 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

29-days!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock