Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 39)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2008 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Progress pics with cut-outs;

IP: Logged
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2008 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking really nice!! I love it!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2008 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Looking really nice!! I love it!!

Thanks. Kris has already made the inside strips for the big "V" and we're hoping to complete the hood.
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2008 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was a time that I thought I was off my rocker. Then I noticed that you widened your rockers.

Moral of the story; your nuts. keep it up.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2008 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

There was a time that I thought I was off my rocker. Then I noticed that you widened your rockers.

Moral of the story; your nuts. keep it up.

Yes. The rockers are not only widened at the rear, but also in the front. So yes, the rockers are extensively modified to death; notice.

As you mentioned they are widened, but also the area needed modification to match the modified C6 front wheel lip and too wrap around those morbidly phat 19x9 HRE wheels. As was discussed earlier, this was to correct the defects and for a more aggressive stance.

My general rule of thumb; "Never add a after market part to your Fiero without first tweaking it." "You and your Fiero deserve better."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-20-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2008 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I'm hyped about the 25th. Lets see some newer pics!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-21-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2008 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
old;

new;

Elevated and trimmed to wrap around wiper system. This week Kris will lay-down some inside fiberglass for the big "V" vent. Once primered all grey everything should look pleasing to the eyes.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-20-2008).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2008 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you and Archie bringing #20 to the show, I hear that there may be an open spot.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2008 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Are you and Archie bringing #20 to the show, I hear that there may be an open spot.

I'm game, but its up to Archie if he wants to bring it there.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2008 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

sorry man
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2008 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Somebody has to give me a break.

We have changed directions so many times in the last week that my head is spinning.

All the fiberglass we've done to the nose is all rough fiberglass matt, it would take several days of fillinf & sanding to even make that part presentable.

The rear bumper mods have not been completed.

There is only so much that can be done to make it presentable in 3 days.

If we had known 3 weeks ago that the Perfect Union wasn't going to make it then maybe we could have had it ready.

However, with only a few days left, it's not going to happen.

Now with troy's car back at my place for a few days, there's a bunch of stuff we can do to it while Mark takes his break. We need to get as much done on it as we can to meet the latest schedule.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 07-20-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We don't care if it's 'presentable', we just want to see it!!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:
All the fiberglass we've done to the nose is all rough fiberglass matt, it would take several days of fillinf & sanding to even make that part presentable. The rear bumper mods have not been completed. There is only so much that can be done to make it presentable in 3 days.
Archie

Okay, lets get this show in the road! As previously mentioned Kris is on "automatic" and is making some progrees on the hood scoop, so these pics are in its early stages of development. The inside/slanted lip is starting to take place and will allow for a smooth transition on the inside. Yes, the edges are rough (as expected) and the center dip leading to the hood emblem isn't filled in yet. Once completed, two vents (lt. & rt.) will be cut-out and octagon screens inside the area. I have a few additional tweaks once I hope to arrive in two days, but for now I'm happy that the hood is nearing its completion.

old pic;

mock-up (driver side).

edit: I can't spell when I'm excited!!!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-21-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kris...
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2008 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NICE !!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WOW !
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great...

One question, is the wiper V going to be left as is? I realize it matches the wiper sweep angle but IMO it would be more balance to have it an even angled V.

Keep up the good work
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nebiros88:

Looks great...

One question, is the wiper V going to be left as is? I realize it matches the wiper sweep angle but IMO it would be more balance to have it an even angled V.

Keep up the good work

Thank you Sir. Just like my last visit to Archie's in April, I'll address the wiper "V" once I arrive. The famous "green-tape" will come in handy to mimic my recent pencil drawings and according to my pipe dream it should work. I have one-more tweak to the hood and to the hood side vents and then... I'm done.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
done?????
yea right! are they ever??
just kiding the car is looking Great. I cant wait till mine is at that point.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

done?????
yea right! are they ever??
just kiding the car is looking Great. I cant wait till mine is at that point.

Seriously, I need to stop since I have other cars to tweak and I want to spread those ideas out. Besides, it isn't good throwing of your ideas onto one car. I like following Ferrari lead and not the import tuner crowds, cause sometimes too much is just too much.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A called Archie this morning; Kris is sanding down the "un-presentable" roughness of the hood.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kris spent much of the day sanding & filling then filling & sanding etc.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kris spent much of the day sanding & filling then filling & sanding etc.

Archie

Wow! That’s one exotic hood scoop!!! Amazing how sanding even outs the over-all look of the hood, brings out the valleys and curves. This is actually what I was wanting all these years and we save the best for last. I can't wait to see it in 2-days.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-22-2008).]

katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is an incredible design. I can't afford to do this kind of work on my car but it is nice to see someone else's vision come to life. Absolutely incredible and you guys truely amaze and inspire. I can't wait to see the finished product. Anyone wanna give me a rough estimate to chop and widen a nothie? Just a ball park figure? Do I need to start saving now....... like I do for retirement?

Again, Madcurl, Archie & Crew - INCREDIBLE!
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2008 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Man you must be excited to see the car this far along! Looks awesome! What a great team of visionary's and craftsmen you and the team at Archie's are!

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 07-22-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2008 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

That is an incredible design. I can't afford to do this kind of work on my car but it is nice to see someone else's vision come to life. Absolutely incredible and you guys truely amaze and inspire. I can't wait to see the finished product. Anyone wanna give me a rough estimate to chop and widen a nothie? Just a ball park figure? Do I need to start saving now....... like I do for retirement?

Again, Madcurl, Archie & Crew - INCREDIBLE!

Thanks. Although it appears that all came together w/o any issues, that wasn't case. It was a combination of various people whom never meet who aided in pulling this off one of which was Troy. In hopes of helping Troy, actually Troy was helping me. The same holds true for all photoshopers's like 4.9 (Steven). 4.9 somehow was able to understand what I was trying to convey over the phone. Photoshops not 100% true, but it helps or aids in preventing a person from giving up when all of your ideas are stuck inside your head. These ideas are complicated when encountering "bumps" in the road; and I've had plenty. The "nose" was by far the worst trying to see past its ruffness. End the end, constructive comments help move the project along.
toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2008 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I haven't been around in a while to see the progress. I just skimmed over the last couple pages of this thread and just WOW! Not to exclude anyone, because I know that a project like this takes more than just a good shop to realize, but Archie you guys are doing some awesome work - "big ups" to you and your crew!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My visit really paid-off. The hood vent meets my approval and I plan on picking #020 up ASAP! A few items still need addressing; rear bumper side vents, center console, front rocker flaring, and installation of the actuators (front and rear). Reviewing some prime examples at the 25th aided in on my decision regarding to front nose flooring to better channeling of air. I hope to see it during the chop top reunion in a few weeks.

The back end is beefier;

The passenger side nose is now completed. As you can see the flaring work behind the front wheels hasn't started. Once completed, the entire nose, bumper and now rocker will match-up.

The hood scoop now has depth, height, and flare. This is about "as-good-as-it-gets" w/o going overboard.

The scoop reminds me of the Madza Rx. It too has a contured hood.

No need for the infamous green tape during this trip. I only needed for the hood vent cut-out.

I got some real good ideas from the Pantera builder @ the 25th and I now want to add dual actuator on the rear hatch.

Gleaning some ideas from Hosler's Performance by adding a floor to my C6 flipper.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-29-2008).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NICE! the car is looking great. just like mine I cant wait to see it done but I know it takes time.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No obstruction; The C6 modifications doesn't interfere with the drivers ability to view the road and sits a bit below the Eclipse blackened window edging. I'm glad I used the single wiper system vs dual. The dual system would have embedded the design flow of the scoop.

Granted the wiper is within view, but it will have to do. This ain't GM.

In the seated position the view is okay.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Its all in the details; the notch-out seen on the A-piller aided in the edge design.

Grand Canyon Vent; By adding the Pisa hood scoop and cutting the center out prevents the hood from appearing to be front engine design. Never add a part to your Fiero without first tweaking it. Granted it would have been nice if the part came this way from PISA.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Something is removed and I'm not talking about the door skin, hehe.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working on several items at the same time on the car today.

Working on the rear part of the console. Making it bigger, deeper & better......

Working on the scoop area of the hood....

And the rear bumper.....

Even working on hooking up the electronics on the digital dash insert.....

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 07-29-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool! I hate stock gauges. The electronic gauges are pre-set to match #020's original Fiero miles. I need new carpet. Amazing the the 2+2 Fiero has better carpet. They could have added to the 88.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe someone with a NStar would like to participate.

The new digital gage thingie has a gage for Oil Pressure & Water Temp. I would imagine that the NStar has both sensors but that their leads feed the ECM directly so it'll function correctly.

We have 2 new sensors to feed the 2 digital gages & need a place to hook them up to the engine that won't interfere with the function of the original senders.

Here are a few pics of the NStar without the cover on it.

Also, is this vacuum hose for the power brakes supposed to look like this?

Thanks

Archie
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The new digital gage thingie has a gage for Oil Pressure & Water Temp. I would imagine that the NStar has both sensors but that their leads feed the ECM directly so it'll function correctly.

We have 2 new sensors to feed the 2 digital gages & need a place to hook them up to the engine that won't interfere with the function of the original senders.

Here are a few pics of the NStar without the cover on it.

Thanks

Archie

for oil pressure you will need to replace the original senser by the oil filter with one that is for a gauge then you can hook into it as it only bypasses the fuel pump relay when oil pressure is present and an oil light
for the temp you can drill and tap the water outlet for the new sensor
and no the power brake hose is not supose to be colapsed make a steel tube out of 3/8 pipe and plumb it as close to the power brake filter then use 2 small hoses to conect it

in the red circle is where I drilled and taped my extra senser in

also if you are using an independant oil pressure switch or sencer use a T fitting and place it between the original oil pressure sencer and the oil pressure output on the side of the filter adapter then you have both reading pressure from the same port

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 07-29-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks

Archie

I just got of the phone with D1S and Kevin said that DO NOT USE THE WIRES LEADING TO THE ECM but use the original sensors from the Fiero. I asked Kevin if it was okay for you to call him and he said yes. In the meantime, I took a few picks of #011 which has the same system. As for the tubing, yes. Both #015 and #011 due a have kink in the hose, but no worries about the brake system it appearently works during operation.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
I just got of the phone with D1S and Kevin said that DO NOT USE THE WIRES LEADING TO THE ECM but use the original sensors from the Fiero. I asked Kevin if it was okay for you to call him and he said yes. In the meantime, I took a few picks of #011 which has the same system. As for the tubing, yes. Both #015 and #011 due a have kink in the hose, but no worries about the brake system it appearently works during operation.

because of the amout of vacumn the is present in the hose as you decelerate the kink can cause you to lose total vacumn to the brake as the hose can colapse completely under high vacumn and multiple depresion of the brake pedal will deplete the booster and no power brakes fix the kink for your own safety make a metal tube to make the curve thus no kink
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

Because of the amount of vacumn the is present in the hose as you decelerate the kink can cause you to lose total vacumn to the brake as the hose can colapse completely under high vacumn and multiple depresion of the brake pedal will deplete the booster and no power brakes fix the kink for your own safety make a metal tube to make the curve thus no kink

Thanks Bubbajoexxx. I now have something for Kevin to fix ASAP!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock