Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 31)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

2 Questions.......

Does that car only have a single exhaust?

Where's the roof?

A

1: Because he has to pass an inspection

2: Its there you just cant see past that big fat ass
IP: Logged
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie built the car, he knows about madcurls car, I am pretty sure he is referring to the lotus Elise curley took pics of.
THE BEAST

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Madcurl I like your ideas, and I have to agree with you since I do too want to make my windshield reach farther down into the hood. This makes the car look so much better. And because my windshield is cracked I have enough of an excuse I guess, say no more this windshield operation is on my to do list!

JG
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

1: Because he has to pass an inspection

Actually, it does have dual exhaust.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by THE BEAST:

Madcurl I like your ideas, and I have to agree with you since I do too want to make my windshield reach farther down into the hood. This makes the car look so much better. And because my windshield is cracked I have enough of an excuse I guess, say no more this windshield operation is on my to do list!

JG

Thanks for the compliments, but actually Orville was the person who put the idea into my head. Sometimes the elders are much wiser and bolder then we all think. That being said, I've always hated the OEM windsheild since it's basiclly flat, little curviture, and stubby; which is why I try to distract by adding vents and such to the hood to draw a person's eye away from this basic flaw. However, ya got start somewhere, right? Once I've gotten all of the items perfected for the single wiper system, #015 old windsheild will have to go!
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2008 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Recon Mission; Lotus Elise
Objective: Single wiper blade cues, bumper vents, deck vents, and modified roof line.

Tight fit and less room than a chop top
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey madcurl have you thought of using a rear window wiper arm assembly on the front? I saw a acura not sure of the year with a rear window wiper assembly that could work or maybe something from another car.

[This message has been edited by GODFATHER (edited 02-20-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2008 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GODFATHER:

Hey madcurl have you thought of using a rear window wiper arm assembly on the front? I saw a acura not sure of the year with a rear window wiper assembly that could work or maybe something from another car.

Never thought of using them, but you do have a good idea. I need to check into this at my local Nissan dearlership, hehhe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-02-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2008 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Time to get reid of that upward line, cause I'm not feeling it! Idea is to use the black line as an reference point, cut and separate away from the nose, glass in leaving a line similar to the back end of the rocker, even out both sides (one side is lower than the other), and fill in the upward ramp fx.

Using Yellowstone's lower nose line.

photo shop'd MadArch Tweaking 409: 1A Steven's Comcast keeps shutting down and I'm loosing the pic.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-02-2008).]

CoryFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2008 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I knew somthing was alway off about that (norms) nose. It was that upward line. Great tweek! Make that photoshop a reality.
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2008 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl, have you check into the Geo Storm front windshield?
It goes back to about 5 years ago when I was thinking to do this to my other (86 fiero), but I sold the car so I never got the chance to do it and if my memory does not fail me I think the dimensions will work quite Ok, and it has way more curvature to it than the fiero...

Let me know.

JG
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Making room for #020: it's getting too crowded in here.

Tool used;

Daunting task: A frontal assault

Attack the rear:

Apr 10th; look who shows up, hehe.

Ground prepared;

Cement laid;

Getting ready for chopper staple;

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-10-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2008 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curley, you have EMail

I love the new tweak pics. I'll give you a call on Monday.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2008 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmmm,...
SAFASTRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2008 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well.......do we get to see some "tweak" pictures???
We haven't seen progress on this in a while........quit holding out!!!!

------------------
Order your Official Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2008 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

In a few; Archie and his magnificient crew are tweaking or finishing up some of the areas that need "special attention." I had called 4.9 (Steven) to perfrom some tweaks along the nose, rocker and bumper and Steven was able to pick-up these ideas and the Crew are now performing this photoshop pipe dream (thanks Steven).

Desired goal:

Troyboy and I will hopefully fly out to Archie's in April once the snowy weather dies down and review our choppers. I'll get going on the hood and rear diffuser idea I've had stuck in my head for the past 5-months. The diffuser and hood ideas are too hard to discribe over the phone, but like before; Archie and his crew are able to "lay-it-down" on fiberglass.

Besides, I'm multi-tasking the trip for #015 and reviewing another project that will use #004 rear clip (a.k.a. NG35). That too is an $450 pipe dream and it may not work, but in my head I think it will work.

Bright lites: Testing an old idea.

The slant angle appears to be similar to the notch back and using the Mad-Arch bumper with some tweaking and it just might work

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-17-2008).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2008 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like this build.
I look forward to updates all the time.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Time to get reid of that upward line, cause I'm not feeling it! Idea is to use the black line as an reference point, cut and separate away from the nose, glass in leaving a line similar to the back end of the rocker, even out both sides (one side is lower than the other), and fill in the upward ramp fx.

(Old) work-in-progress pic.

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Recon Mission; Lotus Elise
[...]
Enough room to 6 footer

[...]

It's missing something

The display screen for the electrical drivetrain.
(That pic is actually a Tesla Roadster interior.) Thanks for posting this Curly. I always wanted to know how that area looked like on an actual Elise.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Due to the Elise having a very high thigh hump (in my pic; next to my left thigh), the Elise has less interior room. The Tesla dosen't have the thigh hump thus more interior room. If you've been in a Solstice you'll notice it too has less room than our Fiero. Well, the Elise has less room than a Solstice.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-29-2008).]

Fiero Owner

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Due to the Elise having a very high thigh hump (in my pic; next to my left thigh), the Elise has less interior room. The Tesla dosen't have the thigh hump thus more interior room. If you've been in a Solstice you'll notice it too has less room than our Fiero. Well, the Elise has less room than a Solstice.

I drove a solstice the other day and was surprised they're was less room in it than a Fiero.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Troy, give me a call on Monday.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-31-2008).]

SAFASTRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think this bumper mod is going to look incredible!!!
I think Norm should consider this change as well. Or at least something similar.

------------------
Order your Official Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
'07 3900 V6 Crate Motor Conversion

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Due to the Elise having a very high thigh hump (in my pic; next to my left thigh), the Elise has less interior room.

Yep, that's why Tesla lowered the door sills 2". I couldn't figure out why those two pics look so different until you pointed that out. There is much more room on the left because of the lower door sills in the Tesla.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Yep, that's why Tesla lowered the door sills 2". I couldn't figure out why those two pics look so different until you pointed that out. There is much more room on the left because of the lower door sills in the Tesla.

I've been seeing alot of Elise cars here in the Bay Area and most of the guys appear to be less than 6' and small framed (maybe 5' 6"). At my size and height, there is no way I'd buy a Elise. Granted, the people I've seen are young and nimble and none appear to be old farts like me, but the Tesla idea is far greater demographic; however @ 98k they ain't gonna sell to regular "Joe Blow," hehe.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

I think this bumper mod is going to look incredible!!!
I think Norm should consider this change as well. Or at least something similar.

Thanks for the compliements but truely, 4.9 gets the credit for his photo shopping skills. Although the areas in question are small and unnoticable, but together these little items add-up and contribute to the over-all look of the car. Like I've said before, never bolt-on anybody's parts onto your car, but tweak them first and make the car "yours."

(work in progress) pics of changing the front: Archie will be taking more continued pics of the mock-up (I hope) today.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-31-2008).]

slinger

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey madcurl i was at archies friday picking up some new rockers the photos of the cars archie and his crew build dont do them justice, you really have to see them in person. cant wate to see it all done

[This message has been edited by slinger (edited 03-31-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by slinger:

hey madcurl i was at archies friday picking up some new rockers the photos of the cars archie and his crew build dont do them justice, you really have to see them in person. cant wate to see it all done

Thanks. I'll be out to Archie this month to review #020 and Troyboy's LS7.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I hope American Airline gets their act together. FAA currently is on a (good) mission; grounding planes for maintenance.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008...iness/27air-web.html
American Airlines and Delta Air Lines said Wednesday that more than 200 of their planes might not comply with Federal Aviation Administration rules for securing wire bundles, and that they were taking the planes out of service for inspections.

American said it canceled 300 flights; Delta did not say how many flights would be canceled. The planes are McDonnell-Douglas MD-80s, MD-88s and MD-90s, all of similar design.

On the home front; new pics from David.

Originally posted by slinger:

Thanks. I too can't wait to see the newer style nose vents and painted F360s!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Update on rear bumper reflector;

One of my 2007 rear bumper reflectors arrived (I'll pick the right side up on Thursday). I've been wanting to update those tired reflectors, but I had too many other items that needed tweaking; now I have the time. Its been bugging me since the Dells 2007 and after reviewing many cars I decided on the M3 2007. The "Crew" will graft those puppies in and glass over the old location. Once the reflector have been removed, just about everything (exterior) will be tweaked.

left side/frontal

backside;

Tired rear reflectors

"Friends never let their friends drive stock."

InTheLead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's propbably a good idea I don't know you guys or I'd be a much poorer man with a much sportier unfinished car

Cool thread insane car, nice.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly the vents on the side of the rear window look really, really good.

Good choice.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I stop by Mazda and picked up the 2008 right reflector and for additional pics for the, Arch Rival. The ideal placement is above the duel exhaust vents, but I might place them on either side of the license plate opening. The mock-up car is #015.

The stock location on 2008 Mazda 3;

left side;

right side;

Right side close-up; notice the markings are located on the inward side and not on the outer (I need to keep this in mind in Arch Rival location). It took me several months to find the exact reflector that I think will fit and modernize the bumper.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reflection; Testing (A) Location;

Example 1; original position

close-up original location

Example 2; Madza location A (shorter edge)

Example 3; moved inward but above body line.

Example 4; Madza location B ( reflectors flipped w/long straight edge with body line. I think this is the best location.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-11-2008).]

86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I cleaned them up for you.....

I donno, I think I like the first better.....

EDIT: blah, i should have corrected the hight issues too. Oh well. I'm up way to late anyways.

[This message has been edited by 86fierofun (edited 04-11-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

I cleaned them up for you.....
I donno, I think I like the first better.....

EDIT: blah, i should have corrected the hight issues too. Oh well. I'm up way to late anyways.

Thanks 86Fierofun.

ChopTop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChopTopSend a Private Message to ChopTopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I vote for the above exhaust outlet placement

BTW, you know how much I B&M about the rear fascia sticking out, look at the idea that Saleen came up with. http://www.mustangevolution.com/20080126640/

More work, but doable.

[This message has been edited by ChopTop (edited 04-11-2008).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Reflection; Testing (A) Location;

Here is my vote

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2008 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Mirror I have here is in good shape.

Archie

Hey Mark, how did the newly repainted F360s turn out? Pics please I'm bored.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2008 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm back up in the friendly skys again!

AP
American Returns All MD-80s to Service
Sunday April 13, 2:13 am ET
By Terry Wallace, Associated Press Writer
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080...s_cancellations.html

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-15-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock