Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 28)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2007 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it possible to get an upholsterer to reduce the height of the top of those seats by a couple of inches??

------------------

Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs

IP: Logged
rodrieguz

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2007 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodrieguzSend a Private Message to rodrieguzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lower the floor pan 2" under each seat. that's what Lambo guys do to gain headroom in a fiero based replica.
Rod
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2007 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Curley are you still going to use these seats? I don't know how they are going to fit after you put a headliner in there, unless you can figure a way to lower them.

Hehe. Yes & yes to both questions.

Originally posted by rodrieguz:

Lower the floor pan 2" under each seat. that's what Lambo guys do to gain headroom in a fiero based replica.
Rod

We've have a few ideas brewing, but thanks for your input. I always welcome "ideas." Thanks.

Curley

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-09-2007).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2007 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Being a tall person I have always wanted my seat lower, I have been thinking about mounting the seat right to the floor as far back as possible then making a movable pedal system.
When I win the Lottory I will get started.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2007 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been busy for the last 3-days retrieving parts for #020. I picked up the rear calipers and seat bladder motor and pump from Cypress. According to Archie's touche' measurements, I won't be needing them since the seats are really comfortable. I picked up the chromed hat rear rotor from the chrome shop. The weight for the rear C5 rotor is 18 pounds! Compared to the Baer's fronts @13.5 pounds...a 4.5 pound savings. I also checked the extended rear bracket, 14" rotor, and rear calipers were 26 pounds total vs. a 13" stock front Corvette rotor and caliper @ 24 pounds. In this case, the rears are 2-pounds heavier.

I also dropped by Auto Sound Lab in Fresno, CA and found some interesting items. I'll have pics of my adventure this week.

Edit: pics of my adventures

A 18-wheeler with some unique items. It re-eneregised my old idea for the front spoiler...hmm? The front bumber flips and the guy is riding on air bags....wow!

front bumber flips forward for entering parking lots or ground clearance. Sorry no pic of it flipping-up. I was too busy holding my jaw!

Hmm. What if a Fiero's spoiler is made to flip inward? Hmm?

Massive dual smoke stacks (illegal since their over 14 feet)

Gas tanks riding low...dang!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-14-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2007 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
14" Baer rear Corvette rotors/brackets/caliper @ 26.0 pounds compared to 24.0 pound using the front OEM Corvette front caliper and 13" rotor. In my case, using the Baer rear application vs. OEM (but in the rear) I'm gaining 2-pounds.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-13-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2007 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
My Cypress Auto visit:

Corvette bladders pumps and motors

Plenty of good used Corvette seats and even a few new ones too.

I had the shop remove the pumps and stuff. No need for the electric seat motors nor the rails

Assembly of the various parts but not needed since the "Crew" figured it out, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-13-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
left over pics from Corvette seat assembly.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Hmm. Always re-thinking, re-tweaking & altering pipe dreams.

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

lol, I tried to tell you a while ago.
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what happened with the vent idea up the sides of the rear window?
PFF
System Bot
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
last time i saw the arch rival in person it was in the condition that is shown in the picture two posts above..and it was still very impressive=) i couldnt imagine what it looks like in person now
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After a few weeks of design work, we've finally won approval for the 1st major work on the Arch-Rival, since before the Dells show, & the last several days have been quite productive.

These pics are all inprocess pics.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When a design point finally gets approved, it really doesn't take too long to make some progress.

Next we need to encourage Curley to finalize what he wants to do with the front end, so we can get this thing somewhere closer to done.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

When a design point finally gets approved, it really doesn't take too long to make some progress. Next we need to encourage Curley to finalize what he wants to do with the front end, so we can get this thing somewhere closer to done.

Archie

Hehe. I'm a stickler when it comes to tweaking. The Dells comments (which btw were the best and the honest) allowed me to retweak old idea. Granted, most PPFs' already knew the correct direction to take. The Dells comments just comfirmed it, hehe.

The guy (standing on the far right), he's the one whom, I based my finally decision on, hehe.

Notice him holding his chin....hmmm ?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-01-2007).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Granted, most PPFs' already knew the correct direction to take. The Dells comments just comfirmed it, hehe.

Nice to see it progressing...even nicer to see it finished... I'm hoping we can drive out of Archie's at the same time...
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks good, but help me out what exactly did they do with the rear side panel ?

Was it reshaped or the ledge/hip widened out ??

Looks great just tying to figure out what just happened.

The venting on the side of the rear window looks awesome.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

The screen or mesh wire isn't the actually mesh that will be used. The "chicken" wire was for mock-up usage only and will be removed later for a stylish mesh that Troy let me have.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking good!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

Currently, the idea is on hold.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You'll recall that we originally built up Curley's wide rear fenders from scratch using Fiero front fenders, fiberglass & sweat.

Later we took molds of off the rear bumper, rockers, door caps & rear fender caps.

We replaced his rear bumper & the originally fabricated rocker panels with parts out of the new molds.

We resently decided that the car would be better & the bodywork would last longer if we also replaced the "hips" with new parts out of the molds.

That's all.

Archie

Originally posted by exoticse:

Looks good, but help me out what exactly did they do with the rear side panel ?

Was it reshaped or the ledge/hip widened out ??

Looks great just tying to figure out what just happened.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hehe.

2/19/07

[my own homebrew renderings]

The Dells visit: continued rendering perfected.

Desired pipe dream:

I'd say we're on track.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-17-2007).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2007 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

We resently decided that the car would be better & the bodywork would last longer if we also replaced the "hips" with new parts out of the molds.

Archie

Good decision...it will definitely last longer with the fiberglass bodywork.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2007 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
Good decision...it will definitely last longer with the fiberglass bodywork.

Besides, on the Mad-Arch widebody kit the fender caps bolt to the rear bumper & to the rocker panels which will keep them perfectly lined up forever.

On the original build of this car those pcs' didn't bolt together.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2007 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The "Planned Vented Area."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-19-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2007 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-20-2007).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2007 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive never seen this thread before. Thats some suburb work. Thats about the best body mods Ive seen done on a Fiero. My hats off to you for an excellent job, both in idea and workmanship. Keep it up. That makes a 1000% improvement on the overall Fiero look.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2007 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly, if you're willing to spend $1400 each on seats. I found seats that would just look gorgeous in a Fiero. They are Recaro seats, and look really close to the European version of Audi R8 seats. (that option doesn't exist in the U.S. version, as Audi thinks most Americans won't fit those narrow sports seats.) I'll dig out the picture of both if you're interested. (Or you can go to Recaro.com if you're impatient. They're 2-tone)

-M

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 11-19-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2007 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Curly, if you're willing to spend $1400 each on seats. I found seats that would just look gorgeous in a Fiero. They are Recaro seats, and look really close to the European version of Audi R8 seats. (that option doesn't exist in the U.S. version, as Audi thinks most Americans won't fit those narrow sports seats.) I'll dig out the picture of both if you're interested. (Or you can go to Recaro.com if you're impatient. They're 2-tone)

-M

Thanks, but I'm in love with the Corvette seats and I've been eyeballing them for nearly 4 years //www.fiero.nl/forum/A...050410-1-045381.html ). I finally found the Corvette set (ones in pic) for $450 vs. the capitalistic expensive high baller ones on Ebay.

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Ive never seen this thread before. Thats some suburb work. Thats about the best body mods Ive seen done on a Fiero. My hats off to you for an excellent job, both in idea and workmanship. Keep it up. That makes a 1000% improvement on the overall Fiero look.

Thanks for the compliments, but the suburb workmanship goes to "Archie and the Crew." My goal is to bug them...relentlessly, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-19-2007).]

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2007 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yea, after I posted this, I noticed that you seemed dead set on the Corvette seats. :-)
I'm sure they'll come along great.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2007 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The "vent" continued.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2007 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2007 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Archie and Troy. I recieved the F430 tri-pieces and D1S's C5 front adapters...it's 13/14" brake time! Also, the NRG kit arrived. Sorry. I forgot to take pics.

Edit: Hey Archie, I got a few new ideas for the rear clip. I'll call you on Tuesday.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-26-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2007 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

I'm still working on it. After trying to draw out the darn idea I reviewed it and noticed the vent need to be a little more back (to the right), smaller, and I need to get the vent angle corrected.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-01-2007).]

FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2007 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Madcurl, I am glad you liked my imput at the Dells, as we both know Archie did not want to here it! HeHeHe

Hehe. I'm a stickler when it comes to tweaking. The Dells comments (which btw were the best and the honest) allowed me to retweak old idea. Granted, most PPFs' already knew the correct direction to take. The Dells comments just comfirmed it, hehe.

The guy (standing on the far right), he's the one whom, I based my finally decision on, hehe.
Notice him holding his chin....hmmm?

I am glad you came to the Dells and the car is looing good I see the vision.
Later
Fiero John-WI

[This message has been edited by FIERO JOHN-WI (edited 11-30-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nuts, bolts and a little rust.

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always looking spectactular there bud!
Scurvy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScurvySend a Private Message to ScurvyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm still working on it. After trying to draw out the darn idea I reviewed it and noticed the vent need to be a little more back (to the right), smaller, and I need to get the vent angle corrected.

Why not just push the vent forward a bit and have it be a half moon vent matching the radius of the quarter window.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scurvy:

Why not just push the vent forward a bit and have it be a half moon vent matching the radius of the quarter window.

I tried that too, but I erased it cause it didn't look that good either (or maybe?). I'll lick this in a few more days...which ever way it goes; up, down, sideways, curved, rounded,...hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-02-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I tried that too, but I erased it cause it didn't look that good either (on paper). I'll lick this in a few more days...which ever way it goes, hehe.

Whatever you do, try to remember that we have to make it symmetrical from side to side, so don't make it too complicated. Pick out a shape like a Meguairs bottle if you want it perfectly symmetrical.

Better yet, go to the hardware store & the local dollar store & find an egg separator or a toilet bowl brush holder or an ashtray that has the shape you want.

Archie
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock