Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 25)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ahh...the 360 is in reference to the side mirrors only, hehe.
IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Drivers side 360 have been purchased. The 360 should be in on Tuesday.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Drivers side 360 have been purchased. The 360 should be in on Tuesday.

The 360's have arrived !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony for posting the pic. I recieved my 360 Modena driver side mirror today. It's a little bit buggered-up but nothing my shop here in CA can't fix. Part of the armature and glass lip housing is burnt (just the paint). The glass is chip too but, the recycling company is sending another glass, so in the meantime....I'll have the shop fix it and primered the mirror. This shouldn't take too long maybe... 2 weeks at best?

The Recycling Company intially were going to send me a very, very bad burnt one but they decided to call me first ( I guess they're learning that I'm very picky?).

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-14-2007).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Mirror I have here is in good shape.

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Man those look sweeeeeet !!

Curly has such an eye for stuff that it is ridiculous.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting the pics Archie. I would have never guessed the triangular part but,... "The part fits like a glove" and the angle is nearly perfect! Good bye stock mirrors, hello 360's.

Thanks KinglikePrince and Gokart Mozart for proving the links (see positive and negetive constructive comments do work and people do listen).

Edit: I talked to Archie and due to time... I decided to send the driver side mirror. I can work out the burnt paint and electical motor wire issues later once the car is back to CA. As of now, I hardly ever reposition my stock mirrors...I the only driver, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-13-2007).]

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks amazing. Congrats Curl.
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
those look a lot like the kawasaki mirrors (at least i think they were kawi's) i tried for a while on my a pillars. that should work better though since those are angled for a car. i never could see out of my passenger side one so it was just there to match the drivers side.

Fierari

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierariSend a Private Message to FierariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm, wouldn't that get in the way of the door opening, horizontally with the window up or vertically at all?
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierari:

Hmmm, wouldn't that get in the way of the door opening, horizontally with the window up or vertically at all?

Not if you mount them to the door.
PFF
System Bot
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

if you were asking me, no, they just cleared. you could put them on and angle them so they sat level and "looked right", and that would let them clear the window. but sitting level put the a-pillar in the way of the passenger side mirror. i didn't learn my lesson and tried it again with a different set of cycle mirrors (the stalk was a little longer) on my chopper, thinking the angle and stalk lenth would help me out, but it worked out the same.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks to Orville....a lot of my ideas stem from him so nothing I do is really new and a few ideas borrowed from others. Archie has performed this task too so he's well aware of the procedure.

Orville's chopper: He posted the pics for me to review back n the day

Originally posted by Orville:

Another view of the mirror for Curly.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-13-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More pictures of Curly's driver side mirror from a ferrari 360 modena.

There is some mild surface fire damage, but it is basically just bubbled paint that would have been removed anyway.
Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The mirrors look pretty good. I guess you need some that will stick out a bit further with those wide rear fenders.
I didn't understand why you cheaped out and bought a mirror that was damaged by fire, since it's clear that you're not afraid to throw down some money. Then I checked eBay.
Ferrari 360 mirror
And it's just one...not even a pair!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Adam:

The mirrors look pretty good. I guess you need some that will stick out a bit further with those wide rear fenders.
I didn't understand why you cheaped out and bought a mirror that was damaged by fire, since it's clear that you're not afraid to throw down some money. Then I checked eBay.
Ferrari 360 mirror
And it's just one...not even a pair!

Hehehe you answered your own question, before i could get the chance. hehehe

huuuuuuge price difference, besides the mirror is not really damaged, just the paint, and the paint was coming off anyway, right ?
toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...Then I checked eBay...And it's just one...not even a pair!

WOW! You should be able to see back in time for that price!
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

and the paint was coming off anyway, right ?

To make molds?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

To make molds?

Hmm...There's a company who already makes copies of the 360 mirrors (or something close to that style), but for some strange reason they won't sell the mirrors by themselves. Due to the drunken Celebrities, driving and behaving badly....there's a lot of wrecked exotics here in CA and the Recycling Comany doesn't ask for proof of ownership as the Ferrari parts department does.

BTW, if you should call them enquiring a set, don't be stupid and reveal you own a Fiero, hehe. As for making them, I doubt the market would support such a project since having a widebody or phat rear end is needed? Besides, due to copy rights, I don't need a Ferrari lawyer (pardon the pun) "In My Rear-view Mirror" or "On My Rear End," hehe.

Thanks for the compliment. One of the nicest feature is,...the folding arm. I was working the 360 to make sure it functioned properly. Although a real 360 body is truely wide compared to the Rival's...I'll defiantly make sure I fold them while the car is parked on the city streets.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-14-2007).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmm...There's a company who already makes copies of the 360 mirrors (or something close to that style), but for some strange reason they won't sell the mirrors by themselves. Due to the drunken Celebrities, driving and behaving badly....there's a lot of wrecked exotics here in CA and the Recycling Comany doesn't ask for proof of ownership as the Ferrari parts department does.

BTW, if you should call them enquiring a set, don't be stupid and reveal you own a Fiero, hehe. As for making them, I doubt the market would support such a project since having a widebody or phat rear end is needed? Besides, due to copy rights, I don't need a Ferrari lawyer (pardon the pun) "In My Rear-view Mirror" or "On My Rear End," hehe.

Wow, I'm impressed the trouble you go through to get the parts you need. I have a few Corvette Parts on my car, and GM or Eckler's doesn't care that I don't own a Corvette. They are more than happy to send me the parts.

Still I would love for some vendor to come up with an aftermarket bolt-on mirror that looks like the one you have.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for posting the pics Archie. I would have never guessed the triangular part but,... "The part fits like a glove" and the angle is nearly perfect! Good bye stock mirrors, hello 360's.

Edit: I talked to Archie and due to time... I decided to send the driver side mirror. I can work out the burnt paint and electical motor wire issues later once the car is back to CA. As of now, I hardly ever reposition my stock mirrors...I the only driver, hehe.

After reviewing the 360 mirror for a week, I decided to have the buggered-up burnt area fixed at Trendzs body shop. It will no doubt delay the 360 mirror build-up, but I've gone this far in the build; there's no need to rush it by adding burnt parts that need correction.

PFF
System Bot
fieroman22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2007 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
damn i ve been gone for 3 months and now youre just about done wow, it looks great
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2007 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trenzds is one day late, but the 360 mirror is primered black and ready to go. No show on the replacement glass...yet. I'm calling SilverStar Recycling right now!

Edit: 360 glass mirror should arrive on next Thursday. I'll ship it out to Archie's on Aug 3rd.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-26-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2007 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

remember that buggered up 360 modena mirror ?

Looking much better now after Curly's crew at Trendz went to work on it.

Now primered up.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The driver's side 360 mirror was shipped to Archie's last Friday and should arrive on Wednesday while the glass (which was shipped directly by mistake) will arrive on Monday.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll spray some paint on them so they're both the same color.

I think the only paint we have right now is Industrial Equipment Green, but that will be good as long as they're both the same color.

A
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I'll spray some paint on them so they're both the same color.

I think the only paint we have right now is Industrial Equipment Green, but that will be good as long as they're both the same color.

A

Hehe, green primer is good...Just don't "flock" it,

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-06-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2007 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, how's the 360s and the rear vents coming along?
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2007 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly...you mean you haven't got a letter from the Avatar Police yet? I think Curly and his brother Shemp are calling
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2007 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Curly...you mean you haven't got a letter from the Avatar Police yet? I think Curly and his brother Shemp are calling

I just came back from a mini vacation and notice the Avatar Police on Archie's tail; thus so far...nothing on my end, hehe. I did perform a Google on madcurl and it seems to be a curling iron and a person (girl) naming herself, "madcurl" on my space or something. As for the name "Curley"...there's a long list but none owning a choptop, hehe. The chopper plates are mine, but a company in Fresno CA, was/is named "Curlls" or something along those lines. Since most of my friends never called me "Curley" but rather, "Curls" I took that and applied it to my plates. I couldn't use the name "Curley" on my plates; too many people had it spelled several different ways on their car plates.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Progress pics...

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got lost haha I tried to figure this out? Is Madcurls arch rival himself?
PontiacJ829

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ829Click Here to visit PontiacJ829's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ829Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

I got lost haha I tried to figure this out? Is Madcurls arch rival himself?

Really Short Answer: Yes
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haha I'll be honest... I kinda looked at pictures and didn't read too much, I stopped reading at page 3.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ahh...the 360 is in reference to the side mirrors only, hehe.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Morbid hips aren’t in the way now, hehe. Any pics from the rear?
PontiacJ829

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ829Click Here to visit PontiacJ829's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ829Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Or a 3/4 shot ? Those look nice!!
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

what do i see being done back there in the back???is that a set of wide front fenders bein fitted on a chopper??? ...or am i mistaken
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock