Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 24)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2007 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kinglikeprince:

Madcurl, you could ask DNA in this thread: http://www.kitcarsforum.com...8dcq47&topic=7124.30

Thank you Sir. I wonder if he's willing to sell just side mirrors...hmm?

http://dnaautomotive.com/home.html

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-10-2007).]

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by toddshotrods:

I was taking a break, saw the primered pics, and decided to play...

Thanks. Drop Dead Gorgeous Red......yummy

Yummy too
http://www.nsxprime.com/for...owthread.php?t=60872

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-26-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by kinglikeprince:

Madcurl, you could ask DNA in this thread: http://www.kitcarsforum.com...8dcq47&topic=7124.30

I got a email today from the company:

"Sorry we have made a decsion not to sell any parts on their own but you could always try supercar breakers or ebaymany thanks DNA."

I'm back to my original idea. I'll use those instead.

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Does anybody know where I can purchase a set of new side view mirrors similar to the Ferrari modena 360?

http://www.eurospares.co.uk...SB=3&SO=1&SM=1&SMo=5
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

http://www.eurospares.co.uk...SB=3&SO=1&SM=1&SMo=5

Oh, oh...maybe there's hope?

Thanks.

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

kinglikeprince

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kinglikeprinceSend a Private Message to kinglikeprinceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got a email today from the company:

"Sorry we have made a decsion not to sell any parts on their own but you could always try supercar breakers or ebaymany thanks DNA."

I'm back to my original idea. I'll use those instead.

Here is another link:
http://www.kitcarsforum.com...92.msg85810#msg85810
toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...Thanks. Drop Dead Gorgeous Red......yummy...

Glad you like it By the way, I PM'd you a while back; did you get it?

------------------
toddshotrods.com - wanna ride?
crazy projects, features, articles, art & more

[This message has been edited by toddshotrods (edited 06-12-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by toddshotrods:

Glad you like it By the way, I PM'd you a while back; did you get it?

Yep, and I have few items too. It'll have to wait until I get my car from the shop.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

I'm on a roll, see if these will work
http://www.specializeditali...rrari-parts/360.html

I checked them all and this one seems to be the cheapest and they have mirrors too.

Thanks Gokart and the guys.

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

are there plans to replace the mirrors? How about the visibility out the back window, what's that like?

Edit: Passenger's side Modena 360 mirror arrived but...in very, very poor condition. I called the salvage yard and they're sending out the correct one this week. I ordered a blue mirror and they sent out a yellow one which was "buggered-up".... badly.

Back viewing? A little less due to the bilateral metal bars.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-23-2007).]

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yep, and I have few items too. It'll have to wait until I get my car from the shop.

Cool. I'll be here... If you haven't already, check out some of the parts I have been making for my car. There's much more to come; if there were only more hours in a day...

------------------

[This message has been edited by toddshotrods (edited 06-12-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2007 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I paid a visit to this shop in Huntington Beach several weeks ago.

We measured several MOMO seats and only this one I liked.

However, after sitting in a Fiero at the Dells show, I think I'll pass on the seats and will go with Mr. Mike's but using a custom pattern.
Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2007 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any hints for us on the final version of the hood scoop/wiper setup?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2007 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doc John:

Any hints for us on the final version of the hood scoop/wiper setup?

Cerrrrtainly, nyuk, nyuk!

Duel (stock) wipers but with a twist on the hood. I've got some ideas but, I'm too hyped now! New parts to arrive by next Tuesday for fitment.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2007 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hehe:

VDI: close-up and personal.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-16-2007).]

toddshotrods

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2007 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for toddshotrodsClick Here to visit toddshotrods's HomePageSend a Private Message to toddshotrodsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't find a good pic of an orange Lambo, so I did it mostly from memory. If it needs to be tinted one way or the other let me know... I think I have a good pic on my other system, but didn't have time to look for it right now.

NOTE : I have the pearl effect working pretty decent in that one. Try moving your head around a watching the change. It's also hard to compensate for the different brightnesses everyones' monitors.

Edit = I wanted to see the three together...
------------------

[This message has been edited by toddshotrods (edited 06-17-2007).]

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2007 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks as good as always ole mate .

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2007 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Exoticse and Jscott for posting and sending pics and ToddshotRods for correcting the little red x-boxes.

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Looks as good as always ole mate .

Thanks to, "Archie and the Crew" for improving on a pipe dream.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-17-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2007 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

That car really turned out incredible. I am really looking forward to seeing how it turns out. What color is planned?

A deep Burgandy "Pearl" similar to the Saleen 7's with some black accents along the bottom front nose and in the rear.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2007 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Archie:

Curley will have to post exactly what size & offset it is but as it is right now, it fits this IMSA perfectly.

The fronts are a 39mm off-set with a 7" inner and 2" outer wrapped in P Rosso's 255/30/19

Michael Henderson's "Wide Reciever."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-24-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2007 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A few leftover snapshots from the madman.

This images is larger than 102400 bytes. Click to view.

Are there any of the original doubters left ???

Hehehe and he is not done with it yet ! The next few mods are going to really make it pop !
PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2007 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope the next mods have to do with the taillights...

imo I think they ruin the "custom" look of the car. Just give it away as pontiac.
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2007 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

Just give it away as pontiac.

I think thats the point...?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoTech:

I think thats the point...?

Exactly !

Right on the mark AutoTech !

He is not trying to hide the fact that it is a pontiac or a fiero. He wants people to know.
fieroman_5000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman_5000Send a Private Message to fieroman_5000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is such a great project...Looking forward to seeing the finished product! Is there any way to get some higher res shots of some of the later photos emailed? I'd like to show the wifey what can be done with a little motivation...and a lot of money

[edit] gmail accepts up to 20 mb in a attachments now!

[This message has been edited by fieroman_5000 (edited 06-22-2007).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin real good. what's the ground clearance under the chassis? It looks to be stock, around 5 inches.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Lookin real good. what's the ground clearance under the chassis? It looks to be stock, around 5 inches.

Thanks for the compliement. The car is stock upfront and rears are coil-overs but are near to stock height. I ordered Rodney Dickmans 1" front ball joint drops. The end result will be 2-fingers upfront and 3-finger outback. No need to slam #020 due to the morbidly 305's at 26.1 diameter and 255's at 25.1 diameter compared to the stock diameters.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It looks like that thick piece of metal could be a candidate for lightening holes.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2007 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It looks like that thick piece of metal could be a candidate for lightening holes.

Yes. I could just like the Plasma's two lights that are mounted on both sides......nahhh. I'd rather keep it simple using a layer of fiberglass wrapped over the metal bars.

Originally posted by j.forbiddendesigns:

Hi, i've been watching this thread for awhile now, the work is inspiring to say the least. I just have a question, i know it was asked before so i am probably just dumb but what type of winshield are you using? is it a eclispe or what model? thanks

1999 Eclipse. Not many even noticed at the Dells show that the front windshield was a different type...which is a good thing. The Eclipse window has a increased curviture and is longer in width which reduces or shortens the over lenght of the hood and draws your eyes up to the roof of the car. The same can be said of the 350Z glass.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-26-2007).]

fieroman87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman87Send a Private Message to fieroman87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ummmmm Mad, as it was typed "lightening" and not lighting holes, i believe he ment for you to drill out some metal from that box tube to save weight. then i'd put lights in the holes....

------------------
Arty: a.k.a. FestYboy or Fieroman87
'87 GT 5 spd. (soon to be 3.6L TT 6 spd.), '88 Festiva 5 spd. rockin' a high revin' 1.6, '87 Scirocco 5 spd. (VR6 swap?)
AIM: FestYboy88L

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroman87:

ummmmm Mad, as it was typed "lightening" and not lighting holes, i believe he ment for you to drill out some metal from that box tube to save weight. then i'd put lights in the holes....

Sorry about that, I mis-read the comment, hehe. If I had "options"...carbon fiber would be the best for lightness but with the metal bars we do know that the deck lid will not flex. This design is new and it seemed better to be on the side of "over-kill" vs under-kill." Maybe when the next guy comes alone he/she can improve and perfect the design.
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroman87:

Yea, what he said. dunno about the lights tho...

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 06-27-2007).]

cwatson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cwatsonSend a Private Message to cwatsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does the body make the car heavier or lighter?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cwatson:

Does the body make the car heavier or lighter?

Stock deck lid and vents vs 350Z glass/metal bars =Heavier.

Rear glass bumber vs, plastic bumber= ?

Stock door/with GT trimmings vs. Modified/Ausie/upper lip= heavier

Stock side front & rear/GT ground FX vs. IRM modified rockers =?

Stock rear clip vs. MadArchies = heavier

Stock hood/fenders/motor flip lamps vs. C6 Flipper = ?

Conclusion....it heavier but by how much. Granted, I could stand to loose 60Ibs around my waistline and I'd think it would then even out, hehe.

Edit: Later, I'll place one of the C6 headlamps on my scale for comparison vs. stock flip lights. Oh yeah, Silver Recycling is sending out a better and undamaged 360 Modena.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-27-2007).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That thick pc. of metal is a pc. of 1" x 2" Retangular box tubing. It is located in exactly the same place as the rib (that contacts the front of the trunk seal) on the underside of a stock GT decklid.

The only reason you can see it in the picture is that the rest of the top surface of the GT decklid, from the rib forward has been removed on this setup. If you were looking out of the rear window on a stock GT Fiero. The top surface of the GT Decklid would be keeping you from seeing this rib. We are hinging the new engine cover at the roofline thus everything forward of the rib has been moved out of your line of sight.

The thick piece of metal is part of a heavy metal framework that has what's left of the old decklid, the rear window framework & the hinge supoporting mounts all welded together in one piece. The decdklid top, the underside of the back part of the decklid & the 350-Z rear window are all decorations attached to this metal framework. With that big 350-Z rear window we want absolutely NO flex in that whole decklid/hatch area.

Don't worry about how it looks now, it's not finished yet.

Archie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update: The 360 has landed! This should modernize the Arch Rival's side appearance. I can't wait to see the "fitment" of them on the car. Thanks guys for helping me find a source.

Wrong model, but you get the idea, hehe.

Edit: Oh yeah, I don't know the over-all weight of the 360's vs. stock.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-30-2007).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Going back to page 11 I see now. Sometimes only seeing it on the screen distorts the view.
Weight:
360 Modena 2976
350Z 3,339-3,600
Fiero 2590-2790

Ferrari 3.6L V8 400 bhp 275 ft-lbs EPA Fuel Economy: 10 / 16
Caddy 4.6L V-8 216 hp, 222 ft-lbs (Hot Rod Magazine Dyno Test)
MclarenF1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MclarenF1Click Here to visit MclarenF1's HomePageSend a Private Message to MclarenF1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Update: The 360 has landed! This should modernize the Arch Rival's side appearance. I can't wait to see the "fitment" of them on the car. Thanks guys for helping me find a source.

Wrong model, but you get the idea, hehe.

Edit: Oh yeah, I don't know the over-all weight of the 360's vs. stock.

After looking at the picture I saw the E-brake and was like, "hmmm, that looks like a Fiero E-brake." I also noticed the shifter, seats, and then the dash lokked kinda strange. The links confirmed my suspicions. You could fool a lot of people with that car.

Edit: Because I put my reply in the quote.

[This message has been edited by MclarenF1 (edited 06-30-2007).]

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's always easy to spot a Fiero-based replica. Real Ferraris have flat floors. Anytime there is a raise in the center of the floor under the console, you know there is a Fiero gas tank in there.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2007 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock