Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 22)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

That looks sweet!! If I didn't think it would add 2 more years on the completion of my car I would go widebody.

Jscott, i don't know how in the world you can look at that and not just give in to the dark (er,..make that the wide) side ! That is just totally awesome.

OMG !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-27-2007).]

IP: Logged
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2007 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Jscott, i don't know how in the world you can look at that and not just give in to the dark (er,..make that the wide) side ! That is just totally awesome.

OMG !

It's simple... Just ask Curley about #11. It's done, no point in adding any more to it. Same with #14, Once it's painted then I'm done as far as body work.
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2007 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would love that on my car. But I think the shipping would be to $ for me.

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
Europe # 1 choptop

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2007 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:

I would love that on my car. But I think the shipping would be to $ for me.

Those things are not cheap to ship in the US, International might not be that much more. I would call Archie for a quote, you might be pleasantly surprised.
pheonix97031

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pheonix97031Send a Private Message to pheonix97031Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a question for you all....

How do you adhere fiberglass to the bodypanels of our cars? Obviously, you scuff up the plastic you want to adhere to, But do you use plain ol polyester resin?

Mike
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does it look even more tempting with the new rear bumper on it?

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
The good news is that Curley had heard so many positive things about the Dells Show that he's going to fly in for that show. Although, his car will not be completed, we will be bringing it as a work in process to the Dells Run in a few weeks.

Archie
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does that mean it will be primed one color??
I'd love to see that!

------------------

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

Does that mean it will be primed one color??
I'd love to see that!

haha yes, it will be all one color.

The interior will not be finished because Curley has someone else that's going to do the interior. He also has someone else doing the bigger brakes & suspension. But the exterior of the car will be presentable. Curley plans to have some more tweeking to the exterior of the car after the Dells show & before he picks it up in September at the Chop Top Reunion.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2007 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

haha yes, it will be all one color.

The interior will not be finished because Curley has someone else that's going to do the interior. He also has someone else doing the bigger brakes & suspension. But the exterior of the car will be presentable. Curley plans to have some more tweeking to the exterior of the car after the Dells show & before he picks it up in September at the Chop Top Reunion.

Archie

Anyone who's been reading PFF for the last 6 weeks or so knows that the Perfect Union was the most photographed car at the Daytona Show.

Troy has decided to delay his picking up of his car at our place until the Dells Show is over. Which leads me to announce here that Troy & his wife will be driving in to attend the Dells Show & we will be showing The Perfect Union at that show too.

Archie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2007 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little bump while we work on the body to get it ready for the Dell's Show.

PFF
System Bot
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2007 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW....Making the bodywork all one color sure brings out the flow of the body lines a lot more.
Looking GREAT!!!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2007 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
EXCELLENT Job,... Archie and the Crew.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2007 03:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The widebody package is looking great ! Just one question though,..why not just do the whole door panel as opposed to just the upper aussie door portion, which would cut down tremendously on the work that needs to be done ? Or was that the plan anyway ?

If it cost a little more, so what !?!

Folks would end up spending that anyway having them glassed to the doors.
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2007 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The widebody package is looking great ! Just one question though,..why not just do the whole door panel as opposed to just the upper aussie door portion, which would cut down tremendously on the work that needs to be done ? Or was that the plan anyway ?

If it cost a little more, so what !?!

Folks would end up spending that anyway having them glassed to the doors.

personally i'd rather mold the doors so i wouldnt have to worry with aligning the doors i could just slap the door cap on, mold it and go even though the process may take longer as far as fiberglass/bondo work goes i think it would be pretty close to the same amount of time spent and its cheaper and you dont have to worry about your door rubbing or it having an uneven gap thats jus my opinion though

p.s.-archie, seeing these molds on curlys car is forcing me to think of how i can save some money

[This message has been edited by Kaleb (edited 05-17-2007).]

Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2007 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kaleb

240 posts
Member since Jan 2007
Where/when is the Dells show???
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2007 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kaleb:

personally i'd rather mold the doors so i wouldnt have to worry with aligning the doors i could just slap the door cap on, mold it and go even though the process may take longer as far as fiberglass/bondo work goes i think it would be pretty close to the same amount of time spent and its cheaper and you dont have to worry about your door rubbing or it having an uneven gap thats jus my opinion though

p.s.-archie, seeing these molds on curlys car is forcing me to think of how i can save some money

Hmmm don't understand about a possible gap or rubbing. I would think if he molded the door off the original it would be a perfect replacement no problem.

Keep in mind it would also save you the extra step and trouble of eliminating the side molding on the door skins. I just think making the kit as labor free as possible will make it even more attractive than it already is.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 05-18-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2007 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kaleb:

Where/when is the Dells show???

http://www.fierofanatics.co...view&id=29&Itemid=56

Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2007 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmm don't understand about a possible gap or rubbing. I would think if he molded the door off the original it would be a perfect replacement no problem.

Keep in mind it would also save you the extra step and trouble of eliminating the side molding on the door skins. I just think making the kit as labor free as possible will make it even more attractive than it already is.

hmm i get what your saying...i guess it would be a great deal easier if you could just replace the whole door panel...either way i still want one=D

[This message has been edited by Kaleb (edited 05-18-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2007 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2007 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

................ ........just when i thought the car couldnt get better..it did ..great job..now make it work with the front end
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2007 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The "Madness" continues.......

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2007 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Getting "Pinned" in:

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2007 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This picture was taken early yesterday. We worked all day yesterday with 3 people working all day on this car, it is a lot farther along than this picture.

Remember, you'll be able to see this car & meet Curley next weekend at the Dell's Show.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2007 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Remember, you'll be able to see this car & meet Curley next weekend at the Dell's Show.

Archie

I hope you saved me a X-Large T-shirt...

8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2007 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ohhhh Purty!

How much are those shirts?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2007 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8Ball:

Ohhhh Purty!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Art of Tweaking: 101

If you've been following this thread, you've noticed that the C6 flipper needed continued tweaking in various areas. One of those areas involved the wheel well. After discussing the various options, Archie and the Crew decided to use one of the in-house parts. But before this modification was performed, "The Crew" needed to make the IRM wide-body mold first before appling it to #020 wheel wheel becuse, I'm the only person (so far) whose using a modified C6 flipper.

You'll notice that the area is being fitted to match the already modified C6 front wheel lip. As was discussed earlier, this was to correct the defects and for a more aggressive stance.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is how that area looks now Curley......

This may be the last naked picture of this car.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

hehehe.

Looking good Archie. Nice blow dryer ya got there. After 18 months, that's alot of fiberglass dust...where's his mask, hehe. In two days, I'll be flyn' in.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-29-2007).]

GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2007 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
I hope you saved me a X-Large T-shirt...

I guess Archie is going to put curley's car on the frt of his tee shirts. There's no room on the back.LOL

Joe
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Any more "Naked Pics"
before I take-off?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-30-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A few in process pics.

We still have a lot of assembly yet to do.

This car will be on display at The Dell's Show this weekend.

Please note that this car is not done yet. We will not be done with our share of this car until September of this year.

Cuirley has decided to display the car at the Dell's Show because he had heard what a great show the Dell's is and wanted to have an excuse to come to the Dells himself to see the show.

Please don't be too critical of it because it still has small brakes on it. It has not been lowered yet. It won't have a complete interior. The side windows are masters that have been fitted into 6 different chop tops to date. The quarter windows are cut down stock windows that are the patterns for the windows that will be fitted into this car when it's one.

I'm sure people will find a bunch of other stuff to critique but rest assured that it will be completed to the level of finish that the customer wants when it is show at the Chop Top Reunion in September.

I'd like to thank Mark S. (Fierfox) for coming by last night to lay down a coat of primer so the car will be all one color for the 1st time.

Thanks

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 05-30-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by 8Ball:

Ohhhh Purty!

Thay're $15.00 each plus shipping.

For customers of mine they are no charge plus shipping.

I'll have a lot of them at the Dells show this weekend.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'd like to thank Mark S. (Fierfox) for coming by last night to lay down a coat of primer so the car will be all one color for the 1st time.

Thanks

Archie

Heir ye, heir ye, I’d like to make a toast to Mark.

Thanks Mark. They'll be two gray primer choptops at the Dells.

Curley

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We're remonting the driving lights right now.

You'll recall that earlier we relocated the C6 driving lights because the lights beams were cross-eyed about 20' out in front of the car. Previously the lights were mounted to some "L" shaped brackets that were glassed into the inside of the front clip. screws passed thru the brackets then into the light housing it'self right where the lenz met the housing with some sheet metal screws. All the original C6 mounting tabs on the light housings were ground off.

We were afraid that mounting the lights that way would fail at some point, so we used some 6mm Long Fold Clips & made a framework to attach to the light housing so we could then attach it solidly to the inside of the front clip.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Right now, the front clip is off the car for the light mounting so this is what it looks like right now.

Since my last report, the rear window has been fitted, the qtr. windows have been fitted & are about to be mounted, door windows are completed, front side marker lights are in, all the rubber trim around the door/windows is done.

Curley, that's about it, you'll have to wait 'til you get here tomorrow night to see how it looks all put together.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 05-30-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We're remonting the driving lights right now.

All the original C6 mounting tabs on the light housings were ground off.

NORM!!!

Since my last report, the rear window has been fitted, the qtr. windows have been fitted & are about to be mounted, door windows are completed, front side marker lights are in, all the rubber trim around the door/windows is done.

Curley, that's about it, you'll have to wait 'til you get here tomorrow night to see how it looks all put together.

Archie

Thats cool.

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's missing a tail pipe. Please don't tell me it's a 4 banger!!!
Looks sweet though
Good Luck
Gary
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GKDINC:

It's missing a tail pipe. Please don't tell me it's a 4 banger!!!
Looks sweet though
Good Luck
Gary

It's a four banger x 2....hehe.

I lost the tail pipe in route to Archie's somewhere on the Hwy.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-27-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock