Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 21)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
Doc John

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2007 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for updates.
IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2007 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doc John:

Bump for updates.

#020 is on the, "slow-cook-back- burner" due to D7. I did ship out the C6 rear side-marker lamps for the rear clip and the VDC kit from Jerry in FL should arrive on Monday. I doubt the "Crew" will have any updated info.

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2007 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks interesting.. so is that the final shape?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2007 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Nope. According to my drawing, I count at least three to four more additions. I hope to make the front end "pop" or at least match the rear. So far, I think the lower nose and fog opening are on track?

I've never been a fan of the (pardon the pun) fan assembly in plan view. It looked, unfinished and diffenitly un-tweaked. The downside is: It's a one-off piece. It would have been nice if the C6 flipper was made like this from the begining. I'll pray every time I take #020 out for a spin.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-18-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2007 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by doublec4:

Although the C6 flipper has "evolved" from it's original concept over the past year, the cut-out upper scoop-tips and central wiper blade are a "bonus" blessing that wasn't noticed in the begining. Several people here have aided in tweaking the crap out of this mod. This isn't a "one-man-show" it's a group project. Positive and negetive construction is always welcome.

Thank you.

madcurl

Projected style (thus so far, hehe).

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2007 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see where you're going to hide 'da crawww'. A scoop within a scoop with the single wiper motor under the bit-o-cardboard!

Looks real interesting!

Dave
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2007 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doc John:

Bump for updates.

The GT40 part has landed. Let the tweaking begin, hehe.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curley, the Vertical door kits are in....

They look good so far, but we won't have time to install them until next Wednesday.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2007 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Archie for posting the pics. I can see from the pics, these VDC are better than my previous sets. It seems Jerry is on his J-O-B.
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2007 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
havent been on the forum in a while but i just got back on today to check the progress on the car and i have come to a conclusion that probebly everyone else here has probebly made....curley is crazy theres no other word for it...and its great i'm lovin the build and i plan to keep a close watch on it

-Kaleb

p.s.-sorry for goin a little off topic here archie but how long does it take from the time someone sends their fiero to you for a chop top to the time you complete it i've been thinking about getting one but i wanted to know the time span first, thanks
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2007 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie, or Curly.....any updates on the GT40 air vents? And are you going to remove the existing vent that you created beside the rear glass, or is the picture a little deceiving?? The GT40 vent looks pretty long.
I can hardly wait!!!
PFF
System Bot
fieropimp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2007 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieropimpClick Here to visit fieropimp's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieropimpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Curley, the Vertical door kits are in....

They look good so far, but we won't have time to install them until next Wednesday.

Archie

how much are those and where did you get them?

------------------
having an import that can run 11's...is kinda like comming out of the closet....your going to suprise a lot of people....but in the end your still gay

Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2007 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well archie i cant figure out how your going to make that vent work unless the picture jus makes the vent look bigger than it is...buuut im sure you'll find some way...and if you would like to tell us what that way would be it would be appreciated

-Kaleb
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2007 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updates!!!!
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2007 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kaleb:

well archie i cant figure out how your going to make that vent work unless the picture jus makes the vent look bigger than it is...buuut im sure you'll find some way...and if you would like to tell us what that way would be it would be appreciated

-Kaleb

Looks to me like there is going to be one of those on each side of the rear window to vent engine heat.
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2007 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah but unless that pictures jus at a wierd angle tht would mean taking out those scoops they made with the spray bottle to make that other vent fit but i've been lookin at the picture and curly's drawing and im thinkin that the pictures just decieving and the vent isnt as big as it looks

-Kaleb
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2007 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
b-bump!

updates updates updates!
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie! It's past next Wednesday! Pics of the install!!

Pretty please??

Dave
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2007 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU:

Hey Archie! It's past next Wednesday! Pics of the install!!

Pretty please??

Dave

AS of right now, the hinges are not a direct bolt on. Curley & the FL connection are trying to sort out what "Bolt-on" means.

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Has worked resumed on the bodywork for #20 ?
Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2007 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm with exoticse...any new work done???

-Kaleb
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2007 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kaleb:

i'm with exoticse...any new work done???

-Kaleb

Yes. But the coverage is on the, "Anyone Really Interested in a Widebody" thread. From this point onward, "The Crew" is working of the remaining widebody mods. The rear bumber is about finished,...mocked-up and being prep'd for glassing. The only items that's different is the hood scoop. They should have it finished prior to the Dells (I hope?). Keep in mind, they're finishing up the other guys LS2 and Troy's car, so the shop is really, really super busy.

Thanks for your enquiries.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Yes. But the coverage is on the, "Anyone Really Interested in a Widebody" thread. From this point onward, "The Crew" is working of the remaining widebody mods. The rear bumber is about finished,...mocked-up and being prep'd for glassing. The only items that's different is the hood scoop. They should have it finished prior to the Dells (I hope?). Keep in mind, they're finishing up the other guys LS2 and Troy's car, so the shop is really, really super busy.

Thanks for your enquiries.

Like he says, the Widebody thread //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/064001.html is dealing with making the molds off of the rear of this car. Then we'll be back to the rest of this thread.

The other thread is seperate because it's dealing with the actual making of the molds off of part of Curl's car.

Here's a sample of what you'll see in the other thread.

Archie
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl.. any update on the VDC hinges?

------------------

My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Madcurl.. any update on the VDC hinges?

The Fiero VDC's are in transit and should arrive this Friday.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Fiero VDC's are in transit and should arrive this Friday.

Cool. Do you know how much they are going to run?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2007 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

Cool. Do you know how much they are going to run?

Jerry told me $1900 but, as you know.....you can always talk him down if two or more guys jump onboard. I purchased two----more room to make a deal. The kit listing is about $1499 and DECAH listing is $1299 however, the two dudes in Canada may have a cheaper kit? I do like the VDI kit over the DECAH with grease fittings and the strut housing is opposite of DECAH's which prevents water from entering the strut.

IMO I'd wait it out and then see what's, what. They still need to make the needed adjustments and to send it to Archie. My previous Fiero VDC are still functioning and it's nearing 4 yrs and I'm pretty much, "done" with the VDC since all but one Fiero is with-out the kit. Don't get me wrong, I still like them but, just like rims...I consider them standard equipment for a choptop. A reverse VDC would spark my interest. Darn it, I just realised I get very borred..easily.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-25-2007).]

chopfren-z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chopfren-zSend a Private Message to chopfren-zEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jerry told me $1900 but, as you know.....you can always talk him down if two or more guys jump onboard. I purchased two----more room to make a deal. The kit listing is about $1499 and DECAH listing is $1299 however, the two dudes in Canada may have a cheaper kit? I do like the VDI kit over the DECAH with grease fittings and the strut housing is opposite of DECAH's which prevents water from entering the strut.

IMO I'd wait it out and then see what's, what. They still need to make the needed adjustments and to send it to Archie. My previous Fiero VDC are still functioning and it's nearing 4 yrs and I'm pretty much, "done" with the VDC since all but one Fiero is with-out the kit. Don't get me wrong, I still like them but, just like rims...I consider them standard equipment for a choptop. A reverse VDC would spark my interest. Darn it, I just realised I get very borred..easily.

Autoloc done a suicide lambo door set up, third down on the left of movie clips.
http://www.thehoffmangroup....t/Products_UDS.lasso

[This message has been edited by chopfren-z (edited 04-27-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chopfren-z:

Autoloc done a suicide lambo door set up, third down on the left of movie clips.

Yep. They also are the ones comming out the $4500 dollar door system. That's some high-ended items. Too much for me.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-27-2007).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A reverse VDC would spark my interest. Darn it, I just realised I get very borred..easily.

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." - JFK

Maybe Reverse VDCs were among the "other things"
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." - JFK

Maybe Reverse VDCs were among the "other things"

Yeah, we'll need somebody with "skills" to pull this one off. That person should already know how-to build a reinforced suicide doors on a Fiero and the crew to perform it. I wonder who that would be?

So one would include the cost of a normal Fiero suicide conversion ($$$$) + $4500 for the kit+ = maga buck-a-roos!

PFF
System Bot
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chopfren-z:

I watched that clip and that looks like a half A$$ed lambo door. it only goes up about half way and stops
cwatson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cwatsonSend a Private Message to cwatsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone calculated the lift caused by the butress setup as opposed to the closed back?

I think it looks amazing and will defininently be a rival for madcurl's car but -
This isnt just this fiero, but most of them: it looks like theres a big v8 under the hood. This is especcially true when people are adding the cowls on the hood (and trying to say it improves airflow; a larger radiator intake and inverted louvers on the hood would do much better...there's a reason racing cars use this setup). The main part of the illusion, however, is that the line where the door and windows meet gets broken with the front fender. Is the chassis in the way or could this line be made more fluid with some FB work?

It looks amazing, but its so much more a muscule car look than a mid engine lightweight exotic.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cwatson:

Has anyone calculated the lift caused by the butress setup as opposed to the closed back?

I think it looks amazing and will defininently be a rival for madcurl's car but -
This isnt just this fiero, but most of them: it looks like theres a big v8 under the hood. This is especcially true when people are adding the cowls on the hood (and trying to say it improves airflow; a larger radiator intake and inverted louvers on the hood would do much better...there's a reason racing cars use this setup). The main part of the illusion, however, is that the line where the door and windows meet gets broken with the front fender. Is the chassis in the way or could this line be made more fluid with some FB work?

It looks amazing, but its so much more a muscule car look than a mid engine lightweight exotic.

Thanks for the compliments...it's been a [group] effort build-up. #020 sports a normal Northstar V8...CA emissions complience crap! However, it's all good because anything is better than the stock 2.8 I previously had, hehe.

As for the "Air flow" rates....no such testing. The project was based upon "pipe dream" rendering and loosly following ideas from various cars. However, as you perhaps have noticed in prior pages, I'm going with the GT40 style openings for additional "air-flow." Archie, the Crew, and I have a few more tricks up our sleeves to which I hope will incorporate both the Meguier's bottle and a modified GT40 elongated vent. The end result (I hope?) will be similar the the Audi's R8 rear deck vents.

As for the "Cowl" hood. As you've guessed it, more for looks since I'm not racing however it is functional. The "Cowl or hood scoop" serves it purpose by hidding the large opening and gives the hood, "Depth" and creates a flare next to the front window which will aid in hidding the "Crab arm" single wiper blade.

You lost-me on the part about, "is that the line where the door and windows meet gets broken with the front fender. Is the chassis in the way or could this line be made more fluid with some FB work?" I guess your referring to the area where it separates? That part isn't finished.

The over-all look of the car is (IMO) Americanish and not Italian exotic.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

I watched that clip and that looks like a half A$$ed lambo door. it only goes up about half way and stops

I think you are being a bit harsh. If you think about how these things work, the only reason a normal lambo door is possible is because the front fender has a lot of room under there for all the mechanism and the front of the car angles down making room for the door to swing up. There are serious clearance issues with a suicide lambo. Even more so if you have a wide body. Retrofitting a suicide lambo onto a car not originally designed for it is going to result in a door that swings up by that amount.

By the way I looked at a Solstice today I don't think we will ever see a Lambo door on that car, there is no room at all for the hinge mechanism.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

By the way I looked at a Solstice today I don't think we will ever see a Lambo door on that car, there is no room at all for the hinge mechanism.

You better stay away from the Solstice forum then.

Yeah, they're doing them on the Solsti already.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
While working on the mold for the rear bumper, we hung the Widebody rocker panels on the car today to see how they looked.

They match up pretty well.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not bad, not bad at all. It looks like it's going to be a very nice [white] X-mas on my way back to Cali.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You better stay away from the Solstice forum then.

Yeah, they're doing them on the Solsti already.

Archie

Wow, I am impressed. There is no room whatsoever under that fender. If a Solstice can have vertical doors then it should be a piece of cake on a Fiero.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2007 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Archie

That looks sweet!! If I didn't think it would add 2 more years on the completion of my car I would go widebody.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock