Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2006 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

hmm, did I figure it out?

Let's zoom that in some.

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 11-04-2006).]

IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2006 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

OOOOHHH Baby!
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thats looking clean, now its got to drop down a little .. What are you doing for the rear light?? any treatment?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

thats looking clean, now its got to drop down a little .. What are you doing for the rear light?? any treatment?

I ordered Rodney Dickman's lowering ball joints but that won't happen until D1S tweeks the Corvette 13" brakes. I have three pipe dream ideas but, I can't make up my mind. Plus I don't know the exact measurements of them. The fall-backs are the ole standby's---C6 side markers from #015.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-05-2006).]

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Somebody likes to drink, better move that cupholder before you paint it...
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I ordered Rodney Dickman's lowering ball joints but that won't happen until D1S tweeks the Corvette 13" brakes. I have three pipe dream ideas but, I can't make up my mind. Plus I don't know the exact measurements of them. The fall-backs are the ole standby's---C6 side markers from #015.

what other side markers are in mind??
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

what other side markers are in mind??

Rear rear lamps wrap around to the side which means I won't use the stock GT tail lamps but, we'll see.

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Somebody likes to drink, better move that cupholder before you paint it...

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 11-05-2006).]

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It reminds me of the lyrics by, Salt N' Pepper's, "Oh baby, baby-baby."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-05-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2006 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone knows that scoops have to be symmetrical side to side on a car.

The problem is how do you make them symmetrical?

Well here are the scoops, you tell us how we made them symmetrical inside & out.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 11-05-2006).]

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well here are the scoops, you tell us how we made them symmetrical inside & out.

Archie

excellent lookin job but loose the 1/4 glass and make a nice set of scoops in there place would look fantastic
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

excellent lookin job but loose the 1/4 glass and make a nice set of scoops in there place would look fantastic

Thanks. Are you referring to the side sail glass area (actually it's just a painted cardboard, hehe)? Hmm. Good idea.

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Lots of time, measuring, patience and walking away when the need arises.
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks. Are you referring to the side sail glass area (actually it's just a painted cardboard, hehe)? Hmm. Good idea.

exactly the area that needs the scoops
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

exactly the area that needs the scoops

Thanks. However, it'll have to wait until the side sail glass in place.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Lots of time, measuring, patience and walking away when the need arises.

Actually it was easier than that.

Guess again. (Clue: look in pictures from the last 6 weeks for hints)

Archie
reapermedic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reapermedicSend a Private Message to reapermedicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My guess is that the cups were used as templates.

------------------
"You may be a king or a city streetsweeper, but sooner or later, you dance with the reaper."

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2006 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you use a spray bottle to make the vents?
PFF
System Bot
reapermedic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reapermedicSend a Private Message to reapermedicEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hadn't noticed the spraybottle.....Good one 4.9!! I will have to change my answer to that and take the next 7 minutes to reevaluate my life for my lack of observation.

------------------
"You may be a king or a city streetsweeper, but sooner or later, you dance with the reaper."

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Did you use a spray bottle to make the vents?

The clues I give are too good.

When I won that big box of Meguiar's cleaning supplies at FieroRama, people thought I didn't know how to use cleaning supplies

Note how the bottle is symmetrical side to side & the neck would allow a Left & a Right to be made from the same style bottle.

After trimming both bottles the same & attaching them, we glassed them into the panel.

After we cut a bit of material out of the panel at the distal end of the scoop, we went inside the bottle with a razor knife & removed the bottle.......

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
The area we cut out of the panel at the distal end of the scoop was to make way for the smooth transition "ramp" going into the scoop/bottle.

We used some thin sheet metal to form the "ramp" area........

Then from the other side we glassed in that side of the sheet metal......

After the glass had setup we removed the sheetmetal. This area formed the scoop.

Not really all that hard to do. Just plan ahead for how you are going to remove the item you are forming over.

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2006 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie, that is an excellent example of making something out of nothing !!
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2006 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very clever. Your guys do an awesome job.

Bob
THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2006 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry but I have to say it again. Everything but the front hood.

JG
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2006 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by THE BEAST:

Sorry but I have to say it again. Everything but the front hood.

JG

I agree....at least how it looks right now. Maybe the completed car will have a different look. Now the hood just appears way to high.

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 11-10-2006).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2006 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm guesing it will be cut down like in some of the photochops.
fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2006 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Karl says "Rhinoplasty Happens"

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 11-09-2006).]

Scurvy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ScurvySend a Private Message to ScurvyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
have faith gents. The car isn't done yet. Trust in the wisdom of the mad arch connection
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not a big fan of the height of the hood... I think it should be knocked down a bit...

EDIT agh my photoshop picture isn't working. I'll fix it later.

------------------

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 11-10-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Like i said before,....the madman doesn't roll gutterballs.

The front will be just as special as the back.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here we go, I lowered the front of the car a bit.

A
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every time I see the defrost strips... It makes me giggle.

Greg

------------------

4-mulaGT
From: Somewhere beetween raisin' hell... and saving grace. oh... and MN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4-mulaGTSend a Private Message to 4-mulaGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

Every time I see the defrost strips... It makes me giggle.

Greg

R those beasts gonna be functional?
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2006 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here we go, I lowered the front of the car a bit.

A

now that's funny
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here we go:

tell me what you think. I spent quite a bit of time on it.

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

tell me what you think. I spent quite a bit of time on it.

EXCELLENT!!!!

However, the hood scoops will follow along these photoshop designs.

EXCELLENT!!!!

Both photoshops are excellent and both go beyond the normal photoshop and captures the Mad-Arch game plan. You're photoshop skills will not be wasted nor forgotten...trust me. Once #020 is finished (I hope), everybody from "Archie and the Crew" -to- "ALL Photoshoppers", and even from the constructive comments (they're needed to keep a person on track and to prevent "Homer-Moble-tunnel-vision) will be able to say, " Hey, I had a part in making this car."

Btw, Bubbajoexxx suggestion is still ringing in my ear. Thanks Bubbajoe.

------------------

"Anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good but it ever is the real car. Make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has, anything is possible and, ideas can be a reality."

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

EXCELLENT!!!!

However, the hood scoops will follow along these photoshop designs.

EXCELLENT!!!!

Both photoshops are excellent and both go beyond the normal photoshop and captures the Mad-Arch game plan. You're photoshop skills will not be wasted nor forgotten...trust me. Once #020 is finished (I hope), everybody from "Archie and the Crew" -to- "ALL Photoshoppers", and even from the constructive comments (they're needed to keep a person on track and to prevent "Homer-Moble-tunnel-vision) will be able to say, " Hey, I had a part in making this car."

Btw, Bubbajoexxx suggestion is still ringing in my ear. Thanks Bubbajoe.

this is going to be one damn nice ride and" thanks"
the work so far has been excellent I must say so
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock