Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 3142 (255962 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 12-03-2016 10:12 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Whoever said that the 350Z rear window was going to look bad in this car better not look at these pics.

Looks like "factory" to me. A big thumbs up to Archie and the crew.

Edit: I own pg 10, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-21-2006).]

IP: Logged
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet!!!!!
Thats a mod I would like on my car.
Will you have an open space from the inside of the car and back or will you keep the rear original window and show of the engine under the new?
------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 09-21-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:

Sweet!!!!!
Thats a mod I would like on my car.
Will you have an open space from the inside of the car and back or will you keep the rear original window and show of the engine under the new?

The original rear window (behind the driver) will be intact (as-is) similar to Bob Rutz Ferrari replica. The proximal area above the trunk will need the original cover over this area but I may have the 350Z glass "tinted" into a shape that'll hide this void area? It's perhap ranks "last" on the list although I've thought of different pipe dreams since.

Now, comes the Camero bow-tie/Fiero Store thingie. A raised stock wing will not be placed on #020.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:

Will you have an open space from the inside of the car and back

You wouldn't want that, if you have ever driven a Fiero with no rear window, (I have) there is a lot of heat, noise, and smell coming from the engine compartment.

This is looking better all the time.

GonsaiPK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you planning on putting vents in there, like on a 360 Modena? It would look good, and besides, that air has got to get out somehow...

And I'm waiting to see what happens with the cowl induction scoop. I'm in denial that it'll look good, but everything you touch seems to turn to gold, Curly.

Everything's looking great so far, though!
stalen88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stalen88GTSend a Private Message to stalen88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have noticed that your side windows are partially glassed in. Are you going to keep it this way or are you going to cut out the glassing to fit side windows. I do appologize for not readign the whole thread to see if you answered this Q before.

Galen.
Edit: spelling

[This message has been edited by stalen88GT (edited 09-21-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GonsaiPK:

Are you planning on putting vents in there, like on a 360 Modena? It would look good, and besides, that air has got to get out somehow...

And I'm waiting to see what happens with the cowl induction scoop. I'm in denial that it'll look good, but everything you touch seems to turn to gold, Curly.

Everything's looking great so far, though!

Yes. Archie has some really nice tunnel like vents that'll fix between the side (Z) glass and the edge of the b-pillers. As for the Pisa hood scoop, that too will be "tweeked." Like Archie said:

Originally posted by Archie:
P.S. I know that some think this thing is funny looking and some even think it's a copy of something else. You'll see it's a one of a kind.

So if the chopper looks, "funny or ackward" it's because it's not finished and what "appears" to be the end result..isn't.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks great! Now on with the show....
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stalen88GT:

I have noticed that your side windows are partially glassed in. Are you going to keep it this way or are you going to cut out the glassing to fit side windows. I do appologize for not readign the whole thread to see if you answered this Q before.
Galen.

No problem. I don't mind answering questions.

The fiberglass opening are just for visual reference points as Archie and crew are performing the work which gives a idea of where the project is heading...yet not. If you've notice, the passenger side isn't cut out. Archie and crew have a few more "tricks" up thier sleeves but I will say that the sail panel and projectory will incorporate the door.

I was a the CTCH taking pics of other cars than choptops, which confirmed my ideas for the doors and sail side window. (Hint, hint...Modena and F430)

Exoticse was the "person" who actually raised the question in another thread. Different? Yes. Fiero? Yes...but unique.

a ferrari modena 360

The question remained: Can you incorporate some of the "ideas" from various exotic cars and yet still be know as a Fiero? No need to make a replica or kit kar for that wasn't my idea. My goal is simple, "what would a Fiero look like today" w/o GM missing up the picture?

Once Archie and the crew began to "smoothout" the Mad-Arch flares...the back-end will become the main focus or at least balance with Norm's C6 flipper. Granted, all of this in a pipe dream, so don't take this thread too serious, hehe,

Thanks Bob Rutzs for all of your input.

edit: I'm too excited, I can't type, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-21-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A subtle cue from this car making it's way onto #20.

Notice i said subtle.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-21-2006).]

jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I had to guess what your talking abou I'd say its either the doer handles or color
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2006 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

If I had to guess what your talking abou I'd say its either the doer handles or color

No. Door handles are located under the Ausie door rockers. Paint...I'm leaning towards a pearl Burgandy. Something about the Luxury and Exotic mag featuring the Corvette Z06 has created a "buzz."
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2006 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd Love to see how much this thing weighs when you're finished!!
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2006 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Is this car missin a rear panel or is it a flipper rear end?
....does that even make sense?

A picture to illustrate my point

[This message has been edited by Silentassassin185 (edited 09-22-2006).]

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2006 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The rear end flips up to the rear for engine access. Gotta love an Aldino!

I would guess that the way the rear flare extends onto the door is what is being used on the Rival.

------------------

4th Annual California Coast Run
October 27-29, 2006
San Simeon, California

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2006 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:
I would guess that the way the rear flare extends onto the door is what is being used on the Rival.

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. Now there's one more item left that on the Aldino
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2006 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
New photoshoped "pipe dreams" from 4.9
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2006 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

New photoshoped "pipe dreams" from 4.9

I don't see 'em
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2006 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Side vents? Rear wing?
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2006 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Before

After photo shop, I think a bigger 1/4 window would match the lines of the rear window better
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2006 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any updates Curly, Archie?
PFF
System Bot
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2006 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No. Door handles are located under the Ausie door rockers.

so you're just reaching under the new bodywork to get to the regular handle, or is there more to it? if so how do you access the keyhole, or how do you lock/unlock it from the outside?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2006 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Philphine:

so you're just reaching under the new bodywork to get to the regular handle, or is there more to it? if so how do you access the keyhole, or how do you lock/unlock it from the outside?

I opted for the key holes to be removed (although they're on #015) and left the stock door handles on. Why? Because of the VDC.

Originally posted by 86fierofun:
I don't see 'em

Fiero 4.9 is perfecting the photoshop.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-22-2006).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2006 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

any updates Curly, Archie?

Not really.

We only had the rear window laying on the window frame, for test fitting, in the last pictures.

Then came the boring stuff of a slight modification to the hinge design & coming up with a plan to seal the bottom edge of the window.

For every group of new pictures, you gotta put in a few days of figuring out the details.

Archie
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2006 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiero 4.9 is perfecting the photoshop.

R&D emails sent for your approval
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2006 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

R&D emails sent for your approval

Definatly a one of a kind design. I like !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2006 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

I don't see 'em

First pipe dream...

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2006 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
second pipe dream

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-23-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2006 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Third PD:
GonsaiPK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2006 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh! I think I see where you're going with this now! Awesome!
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2006 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First and second I like, the third maybe

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 09-24-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2006 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pipe Dream #1B (a.k.a the "forgiveness" photoshop)

Tusch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2006 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful! ^^^ G35 lights are sweet

[This message has been edited by Tusch (edited 09-24-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2006 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pipe Dream #1B-(2-3)

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2006 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pipe Dream #1B (a.k.a the "forgiveness" photoshop)

Thats a winner!!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2006 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pipe Dream 1B4:

Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2006 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the G35 lights really set the whole thing off imo, but kind of makes it look like a real g35 from the back lol
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2006 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jermz238:

the G35 lights really set the whole thing off imo, but kind of makes it look like a real g35 from the back lol

That's why it was titled. "The Forgiveness" photoshop pic, hehe.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2006 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forgiveness continued:

86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2006 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
by the way, what color is it going to be?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 79 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock