Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  F40 replica pics (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
F40 replica pics by ferrobi
Started on: 01-12-2006 03:34 PM
Replies: 518 (78044 views)
Last post by: ferrobi on 04-21-2024 12:40 AM
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2009 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

I bought 2 aircraft fuel fillers (F-16's) that i will put on my car in the future - they retail for $1,844.50 ea. If anyone is interested in getting some let me know - outside diameter is 5.5". Price $ 150.00 ea brand new

Rob

What is the diameter of the flange? Would it fit within the stock Fiero gas cap housing?
IP: Logged
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2009 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have not received them yet but when I do I will get dimensions and more pics. The inner (Red) cap is 4 inches in diameter. I am planning on cutting down filler neck and part of gas cap and mounting flush to my kits body. I will then remove cap and still have my fiero cap underneath. Possibly. It will require work to adapt it to a fiero.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2009 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

625 posts
Member since Jan 2005
2 more - I will post more when I get it delivered.

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2009 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got the 2 aircraft fuel fillers today - they are gonna be great - only thing that was bad was the plastic cord that goes from cap to filler was so dry it cracked and broke but i won't be using that cord anyways.

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 02-06-2009).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2009 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A black F40 still would be cool

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2009 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 03-13-2009).]

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2009 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

6638 posts
Member since Oct 2001

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 03-13-2009).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2009 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 03-19-2009).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2009 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Few console assembly shots - it is shortened 3 inches due to 3 vents under dash

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2009 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Test fitting -

couldahadaV8

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2009 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like those toggle switches. Are they Ferrari OEM? And would you know where to buy them (other than a Ferrari dealer if they are original equipment)?

Rick
PFF
System Bot
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2009 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by couldahadaV8:

I really like those toggle switches. Are they Ferrari OEM? And would you know where to buy them (other than a Ferrari dealer if they are original equipment)?

Rick

Rob is the one to ask at

FieroInteriors@comcast.net
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Computer cover + door =

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Rob,

Here are some upholstery shots of your console. The granite 'ultra' suede looks great.

Thanks,

Rob
FieroVation
FieroInteriors

No -THANK YOU Rob

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 04-06-2009).]

Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida, this looks awesome!!!

Must be even better in person because microsuede/alcantara doesn't photograph well.

How soft is the material to the touch?
Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroInteriors

Gotta love the melding of Fiero style with Ferrari style
SouthernGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2009 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SouthernGTSend a Private Message to SouthernGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW!!!!!

I just found this thread, and I'm blown away. That's some AWESOME work going into this project. I can only dream of any of that being done to my ride. But, everyone has a dream, right? Does give me plenty of ideas, though, if and when the time comes.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post04-18-2009 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The work going on here looks to be phenominal! I am just not digging the drivers seat cover at this time.

------------------

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not alot to update on but dash is coming along (soon to be done), I spent weekend cleaning garage, washing Ferrobi, playing with new center caps, and put on my nice but pricey original F40 car cover from ebay.

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 05-11-2009).]

DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am digging the hammock!! I have always been a big fan of your garage.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It goes to show how accurate your replica is. The car cover fits perfectly.
PFF
System Bot
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2009 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

It goes to show how accurate your replica is. The car cover fits perfectly.

Well not exactly - the front is longer so it will not go over front lip and chin spoiler

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 05-11-2009).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2009 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I bought 2 aircraft fuel fillers (F-16's) that i will put on my car in the future
Rob

Where did you get the fuel cap from an F16? I want one!
how much are they?

very nice build I love what you have done so far
D.

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2009 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is used on F16's and other aircraft. I bought them from a guy in Florida and have more if you want one - they are 150.00 shipped in US. PM me if interested

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 05-15-2009).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2009 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

625 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Glove box door progress

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2009 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is used on F16's and other aircraft. I bought them from a guy in Florida and have extra's if you want one - they are 150.00 shipped in US. PM me if interested

PM sent!

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2009 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I got some wheel adapters today for the front - hubcentric and wheel centric 1.5". The front wheels have always been way too tucked in and I wanted to get them more true to the body line. This will be temporary as I will be getting the Wide Track Slalom Front Suspension from HT.

Before

After

And the rubbing on the inner wheel well that I knew would happen. I am going to rework and move it back this weekend.

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 05-22-2009).]

DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2009 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great!! I am running spacers on mine as well.

I like your attention to detail.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2009 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Looks great!! I am running spacers on mine as well.

I like your attention to detail.

It's ALL in the detail
Swedish Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Swedish FieroClick Here to visit Swedish Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Swedish FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking great Ferrobi.. keep up the great work..

------------------
Swedish Fiero

Dedicated owner of an 88 Fiero GT

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Swedish Fiero:

Looking great Ferrobi.. keep up the great work..

Thank's very much. Dash should be done soon -

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 06-04-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2009 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I will be getting the dash soon and just got a nice piece of bling for it.

f40fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2009 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for f40fieroSend a Private Message to f40fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been working on my f40 for the last few months and see that you have some parts that I am interested in knowing how to get a hold of them. I am doing a 2003 northstar and G50 setup and did all my body parts as close as to ferarri's and did my own thing as well to help performance. I did a 10in extension on the chasis and did alot of upgrades on the chasis alone. Can you tell me where to get a dash at, instrument cluster and more interior parts that you have done?
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2009 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by f40fiero:

I have been working on my f40 for the last few months and see that you have some parts that I am interested in knowing how to get a hold of them. I am doing a 2003 northstar and G50 setup and did all my body parts as close as to ferarri's and did my own thing as well to help performance. I did a 10in extension on the chasis and did alot of upgrades on the chasis alone. Can you tell me where to get a dash at, instrument cluster and more interior parts that you have done?

10" extension on a fiero for a F40 replica - uh what? think you only need 3" to get it to f40 wheel base. Amida does dash
Swedish Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2009 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Swedish FieroClick Here to visit Swedish Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Swedish FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have to show you this.. http://www.garaget.org/?car=79578&image=1267573

This guy on the Swedish car comunity garaget.org is building his own F40 from scratch, he has even made the rims himself out of a solid piece of aluminum !!!

SICK !!!!!

------------------
Swedish Fiero

Dedicated owner of an 88 Fiero GT

topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2009 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Swedish Fiero:

Have to show you this.. http://www.garaget.org/?car=79578&image=1267573

This guy on the Swedish car comunity garaget.org is building his own F40 from scratch, he has even made the rims himself out of a solid piece of aluminum !!!

SICK !!!!!

It still amazes me at the talent that some people have. WOW.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2009 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

Here are some shots of your instrument pod after clear coating. It's the 5th & only one that I did in carbon which turned out satisfactory. Getting the weave pattern to set correctly without snags is the trickiest part.The carbon fiber fabric makes for a very dimpled surface for painting, even after 4 coats of clear. I polished it down as far as I could without sanding through the finish which smoothed out most of the surface, but there are a few low dimples remaining. Nevertheless, it turned out to be a real nice looking piece. This option is very time consuming & will cost the next guy $450/$800 uncoated/coated.

Thanks,

Rob
FieroVation
FieroInteriors
Seattle, WA. USA

All I can say is WOW - Great job Rob

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2009 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fi40 dash #02 will be ready for shipping very soon. I should also add that Fi40 pod #05 is made with epoxy resin & 9.5oz 2x2 twill carbon fiber + 2 layers of cloth. Vacuum bagged in 2 pieces, subsequently bonded together then urethane clear coated & polished. A very nice piece.

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2009 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Fi40 dash #02 will be ready for shipping very soon. I should also add that Fi40 pod #05 is made with epoxy resin & 9.5oz 2x2 twill carbon fiber + 2 layers of cloth. Vacuum bagged in 2 pieces, subsequently bonded together then urethane clear coated & polished. A very nice piece.

ah...Rob???.....

THAT'S FRICKEN AWESOME!!!!

Bob
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The polishing wasn't finished yet, but yes it came out real nice. Thanks.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock