Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  F40 replica pics (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
F40 replica pics by ferrobi
Started on: 01-12-2006 03:34 PM
Replies: 518 (78029 views)
Last post by: ferrobi on 04-21-2024 12:40 AM
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2007 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HTXtremes:

What are you using for driving lights on your car?

Which lights are you talking about - Pop up driving lights or fog lights or parking lights?
IP: Logged
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2007 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

625 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Rob sent me an update - "Over the weekend I was able to smooth out the top surface and start shaping the pocket for the instrument panel. The pocket also doubles as the center steering column mount where the old Fiero cluster used to attach. During the trimming process the fiberglass will be cut away to allow access to wiring & windshield mounts. I wish that I could use a DA for sanding but my 30 gallon compressor doesn't have the air capacity to run it so I'm using alot of elbow grease"

------------------

HTXtremes

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2007 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was talking about the fog lights and turn signals. They look really good!

------------------
'88 Coupe (extensive mods underway)
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/086359.html

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2007 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HTXtremes:

I was talking about the fog lights and turn signals. They look really good!

Turn signals are modified (Cut) fiero turn signals and I don't remember what fog lights are but I will check. They are modified from the original installation from Archie - I took off clear glass lens covers and mounted them on the inside of the driving light buckets. The light and housing is then on the outside of the rear of bucket and is adjustable for direction.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More dash update pics -

Doc John

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is Rob going to upholster the dash for you?
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright I am going to ask the dumb question... Are you re-doing the already done V6 F40, or is this interior for the primer V8 F40? I got mixed up/didn't read all 6 pages.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doc John:

Is Rob going to upholster the dash for you?

Yes I am going to have him upholster it for me also - We still haven't decided if it will be the grayish floc stuff like the original or something smoother like leather or vinyl. I'm leaning towards leather or vinyl in black - much easier to clean. It is going to be mated to his super nice 355 center console and Riceburner's replica HVAC control panel.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

625 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

Alright I am going to ask the dumb question... Are you re-doing the already done V6 F40, or is this interior for the primer V8 F40? I got mixed up/didn't read all 6 pages.

Re-doing the already done V6 F40 - the other F40 in primer is not mine.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a few shots of the instrument pod model before tooling.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice.
PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 03-14-2009).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob and I have not discussed what we are going to cover dash with yet but that pod is not covered yet - we might do a pod in carbon fiber and rest of dash upholstered. Not to worried about reflections of pod cover if he does one in carbon fiber.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice job, can't wait to see it finished.

Archie
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2007 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Very nice job, can't wait to see it finished.

Archie

I will post progress as usual here but you'll also see it first hand when it's in your shop for the LS2 swap.
Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2007 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rumor has it that the LS2 is a pretty good engine in a Fiero/Ferrari.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2007 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rumor has it that the LS2 is a pretty good engine in a Fiero/Ferrari.

How's that going for you Doc?
Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2007 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love it. Be prepared for your car to have a whole new personality after the swap. Are you getting the 6 speed too?
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2007 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you getting the 6 speed too?

If I find another $ 5,000 in my wallet I would like to.
Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2007 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heck, with this motor you only need about three gears anyway.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's some shots today of the tooling being moulded onto the instrument pod.

Rob
Fiero Interior Conversions
Seattle, WA. USA

This is going to be one nice dash - Rob at Fiero Interior Conversions is AMAZING

Rob
PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

You are FAR better off letting Rob do the upholstery work too.

You know it! His work is as good or better than many automotive companies.

To see a multi page thread on his work over at Kitcarsforum click below - you might have to register to see pictures

http://www.kitcarsforum.com...version-t7546.0.html

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2007 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookin good . Is Amida gonna be oferring the F40 dashes in addition to the F355 interior ?

Also, is Amida fabricating door panels and console to match the F40 dash ?
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2007 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lookin good . Is Amida gonna be oferring the F40 dashes in addition to the F355 interior ?

I can't speak for him but I will ask him to post here. I'm going to use his F355 console with Riceburner's HVAC

Door panels are still in debate.

Rob
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2007 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2007 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Once I get the tooling completed I can fab dashes for other projects as well. Also I could modify my existing 355 door base panels for th F40; the design looks pretty simple .
x

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2007 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2007 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

6638 posts
Member since Oct 2001

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2007 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Volvo

Love that interior. Have to say that I thought about adapting it to a Fiero. Love the "floating" dash.
Love the color scheme too..

-M
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2007 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just pulled a demo piece out of the new pod mould. It came out pretty nice. Later it will be bonded to the inner surface that has the mounting tabs for the instrument panel. I think I'll cover it with some black leather .

Rob
Fiero Interior Conversions
Seattle, WA. USA

PFF
System Bot
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Working out upholstery pattern & proceedures on this new demo pod with some scrap leather that I had laying around. I think I got it figured out.

Torch-Red87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Torch-Red87Click Here to visit Torch-Red87's HomePageSend a Private Message to Torch-Red87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GREAT JOB !!!!!!!. Even Enzo did it not better ......
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice work.
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2007 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida is amazing
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2007 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Torch-Red87:

GREAT JOB !!!!!!!. Even Enzo did it not better ......

Originally posted by madcurl:

Very nice work.

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

Amida is amazing

Thank's for the comments - Rob "Amida" is truly gifted. I have seen his other upholstery and it is amazing.
I think the red stiching will be black though. Any comments ?

More to come - Rob
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2007 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should make it look like the real thing. What do you think it's covered with?
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2007 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

You should make it look like the real thing. What do you think it's covered with?

Amida found original material and it is Very expensive. I like the look of leather a little better than original dash felt stuff but I might change my mind and go the original route. It would be nice to find some material similar to original stuff but without the big $$$.

Rob
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2007 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lets be honest though, how many people will go "uhm excuse you this is not original style fabric" let alone how many people will actually know what the real car looks like inside.
Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2008 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

I once wore a grey suit made from wool that looked like that. Maybe that dash was covered by Armani .

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock