Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  F40 replica pics (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
F40 replica pics by ferrobi
Started on: 01-12-2006 03:34 PM
Replies: 518 (78050 views)
Last post by: ferrobi on 04-21-2024 12:40 AM
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Yep its exact, but with only 3 built i don't see anyone getting their hands on one.

Looks like one of them is rotting away in the UAE
http://www.priceofhistoys.c...errari-f40-in-dubai/

IP: Logged
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a question for you. The two hinges at the top of the rear clip that it rotates upward on. Are those bolts with nuts on the end or just pins that inserted. I need to remove the rear clip on one.
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2007 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I don't understand you question but unless you have a kit with extended roof like mine you have hinges that are different. Mine are on a roll bar that sits back from rear window.

------------------

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2007 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks any way. This one has 2 hinges with what looks like bolts. I'm just not sure if they are really bolts or just pins that will slide out.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2007 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doc John:

You'll be happy with it - I installed their kit along with door panels in my 328. Not too tough to install, but definitely more than a simple one-afternoon job. Allow about 10 hours, give or take.

Thank's John for the Pisa stuff you sent me. Looks good and I am going to call them and talk about getting dash.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting close to purchasing Pisa Euro Dash but i have a question. The VDO guages that Pisa sells are the Cockpit International Series and the speedometer reads 160mph. Does anybody know if VDO sells a 200 or 220 mph speedo that would also work.

Thank's Rob
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I remember there were a couple of Kitcar websites that went over the speedo coversion on Fieros. Look in the Lamborghini section. They even have a step by step to make your own overlays to (in their case) look like Lambo gauges. If I can find the link again I'll post it.

-M
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did some searching and found this. Don't know if its compatible though and who sell this in US.

VDO Vision Ø 100 mm, range: 0-220 mph/330 km/h Part no.: 437-015-009G

VDO Vision speedometers are electronic and fully programmable to match all vehicle setups. Compatible with the vast majority of OEM and aftermarket speed sensors, these speedometers are easy to install and program to suit. The LCD odometer shows Total recorded distance and, by pressing the front mounted rubber button, Trip distance. The Trip odometer counts up 999.9 (miles or kilometres depending on speedometer main unit of scale) and is resetable. The Total odometer can not be reset and will store recorded mileage without the need for a constant voltage supply.

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 04-07-2007).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2007 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob, I have VDO Vision in my car; 120mph speedo. The pointers illuminate .

Rob
FieroInteriors@juno.com
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2007 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Speedo-update - seems that the 220mph VDO Vision is only sold in Europe. Now to reasearch who in Europe to get one from.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2007 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Playing around with some VDO speedo and tach gauge inlays - Quick first try - I'm going to try other Ferrari fonts and horse colors.

Rob

PFF
System Bot
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2007 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2nd set of inlays -

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 04-16-2007).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2007 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
VDO part 3

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 04-19-2007).]

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2007 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ferrobi, great job on those gauges!!
I'm curious, what software do you use to make those gauge printouts? Photoshop, or Illustrator, or a different one? I would love to redo the gauges for the regular Fiero cluster.

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2007 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Ferrobi, great job on those gauges!!
I'm curious, what software do you use to make those gauge printouts? Photoshop, or Illustrator, or a different one? I would love to redo the gauges for the regular Fiero cluster.

Thank's and I used Microsoft (Paint) version 5.1

Rob
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2007 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank's and I used Microsoft (Paint) version 5.1

Rob

Cool, that's what I use most of the time. Easy and fast :P

I just can't get smooth circles with paint and Anti-Aliasing.

-M
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2007 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having custom dash made - here is some progress to date on it

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2007 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This F40 / Fiero was in the 2002 Punta Gorda show

redwhiteandnew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2007 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for redwhiteandnewSend a Private Message to redwhiteandnewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where did you get the slot (gated) shifter? Was that part of the kit or was it separate?

Btw, great job!!
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2007 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by redwhiteandnew:

Where did you get the slot (gated) shifter? Was that part of the kit or was it separate?

Btw, great job!!

Got shift plate here https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060811-1-048397.html and bought extra's - last 2 are for sale $ 25.00 plus shipping

Rob

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 05-22-2007).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2007 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

625 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

This F40 / Fiero was in the 2002 Punta Gorda show

Saw that one at home depot in Florida 2 years ago - kinda cheesy but if i remember correctly it had a Northstar in it which is nice.

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 05-22-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2007 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He even painted the small knob for the driver's mirror adjuster red and white circles on the tail-lights !? I wonder if he has a little dog inside with a bobbing head and eyes that blink with the turn signals . That's a REALLY whacked trim job ......
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2007 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is some pics of instrument panel update - It is looking better then I ever thought it would.

Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2007 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks great! Can't wait to see the rest of your dash project!

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2007 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doc John:

That looks great! Can't wait to see the rest of your dash project!

Thank's Doc - I will update this every step of the way - By the way how's that LS2 swap treating you?

Rob
Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2007 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Stupid fast." I've driven a lot of cars in my life, including '60's muscle cars - this is the fastest one yet. Right now I'm in the middle of finishing installing aftermarket A/C. About as much fun as a trip to the dentist - except with the dentist you know you're done in about an hour. Two more weeks, minimum........
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2007 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Second instrument panel configuration - I think I like it a little better - what do you guys think?

wftb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2007 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the clusters look great .where did you get the indicator lights ? i could use those to dress up my cluster .all i could get locally are round unmarked ones .
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2007 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

the clusters look great .where did you get the indicator lights ? i could use those to dress up my cluster .all i could get locally are round unmarked ones .

I am not the one building the dash but i will try to get the designer to post to this thread.

Rob
Amida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2007 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wftb:

Which ones do you need? The indicators are made in my shop. Fits standard 1/2" hole. They are $10 usd/ each.

I have 12 types:

Graphics:

OIL
TEMP
HIGH BEAM
BATTERY
LEFT TURN
RIGHT TURN
FOG LIGHT
SEAT BELT

Text:

DOOR AJAR
AUX
ENGINE
BRAKE

Rob
Fiero Interior Conversions
Seattle, WA. USA

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2007 06:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ferrobi; Wow your gauge layout looks nice. is it for the PISA eurodash ? Would you send me a tracing of the flat panel piece the instruments mount in showing circles where the instruments and indicator lights fit ?

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 06-11-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2007 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not the one building the dash.

This builder is AMIDA :
Rob
Fiero Interior Conversions
Seattle, WA. USA
CETICARS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2007 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CETICARSSend a Private Message to CETICARSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida - how about some custom carbon fiber door panels like this VERY exact F40 Replica. Do you do anything like this.

And the rest of Wolfgang Shultz's car at Carlisle '95

are these F-40 molds laying around Fl. somewhere or is it a one of modified from one of the other kits an who own it now
where can i buy both side skirts rockers with vent quarters (around the doors ) both sides price please

[This message has been edited by CETICARS (edited 06-11-2007).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2007 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CETICARS:

are these F-40 molds laying around Fl. somewhere or is it a one of modified from one of the other kits an who own it now
where can i buy both side skirts rockers with vent quarters (around the doors ) both sides price please

Sorry, but i don't think your going to be able to locate anyone selling the kits anymore.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2007 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ferrobi

625 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Thinking of changing my current Momo seats for these Momo Corse seats. Good idea?

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Off-hand I'd say "bad idea" only 'cause they aren't adjustable (but they look REALLY cool)
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Off-hand I'd say "bad idea" only 'cause they aren't adjustable (but they look REALLY cool)

My current ones aren't adjustable either. So don't know if that really matters as ones i have now never bothered me.
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 05:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Then I'd go for it - those seats REALLY look nice
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And oooooo the side shot

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2007 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sat in few MOMO seats last month. Boy-o-boy did my rear ever felt so good in them.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock