Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  F40 replica pics (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
F40 replica pics by ferrobi
Started on: 01-12-2006 03:34 PM
Replies: 518 (78030 views)
Last post by: ferrobi on 04-21-2024 12:40 AM
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2009 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unbelievable

IP: Logged
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2009 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The original concept sketch from a few months back. Dash internals ended up being more complex.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 06-22-2009).]

Grumpy0868

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Grumpy0868Send a Private Message to Grumpy0868Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ouch 20k, here is one for sale here i NC. Not as nice as the one in Canada, but it has potential.

http://charlotte.craigslist.../cto/1196738823.html

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Saw this nice F40 replica on cragslist in Canada for sale a month or so ago - one of the most accurate i have seen yet. Think it sold for around 20K.

Rob

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grumpy0868:

Ouch 20k, here is one for sale here i NC. Not as nice as the one in Canada, but it has potential.

That is an XTC kit - a little different than a F40

Mr Ferrari

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2009 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr FerrariSend a Private Message to Mr FerrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is an XTC kit - a little different than a F40

Haha.. Just a little.. Did he just read the description and not look at the car..

That F40 kit that you posted from Canada is realy something.. Its very close to the real deal..

Oh.. And your dash is incredible, just as to be expected from Rob.. Awesome.. And another thing.. DONT PAINT IT BLACK.. There is a reason "Pain" is in that sentence, pain to keep clean.. Every chip, scuff, scratch, swirl, bug, and piece of dust is visible.. I owned a black Porshe for 11 years and will never own another black exotic car.. I cringe thinking about washing and dusting the car every time I wanted to take it out and when I got where I was going the car was dirty from the drive.. A clean black car looks great, but are not great to own my friend..

------------------

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2009 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Grumpy0868:

That's nice looking one, it looks to have a longer wheelbase & different windshield. Nice looking dash too.

kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2009 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just curious: any idea what a dash like that weighs?

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kwagner:

Just curious: any idea what a dash like that weighs?

I think this dash weighs around 20-25 lbs. Gauges should weigh another 3-5 lbs. or so.
kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2009 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2009 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
FED EX dropped off the most amazing piece of work I have EVER seen! Hats off to Rob "AMIDA" for what is truly a piece of art. Amazing craftmanship, I can't get over it - also it was packed so well he could have put in a dozen eggs and none off them would have broke.

Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2009 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FED EX dropped off the most amazing piece of work I have EVER seen! Hats off to Rob "AMIDA" for what is truly a piece of art. Amazing craftmanship, I can't get over it - also it was packed so well he could have put in a dozen eggs and none off them would have broke.

That is a work of art. Looks like it came from Milan

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 07-07-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Isn't his work amazing!! And I agree he also has the best packaging I have ever seen. I ended up saving all of his boxes and packing materials to use in my storage unit.

I cant wait to see this installed!!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen too many fork lift kisses on packages in my experience. Can't be to safe on delicate items. That interior is on the wrong side of the car though
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2009 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 07-15-2009).]

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should also consider a deck with Bluetooth so your cell phone will play automatically through your car stereo. I have a Pioneer in my work car and its Bluetooth is great once you start the car it links with your phone and you do nothing. Then all your calls come through the radio, you and answer and hang up the calls on the radio or remote. Also you can search your phone book on the radio, caller id shows up as well.

It has the iPod controller, works great on my iPhone. I just plug it in and it charges my iPhone and I can control the iPod right through the deck. Once again the playlists show up on the radio and you control it with the deck or the remote. No need to fiddle with your iPod. Sound is awesome as well.

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 07-09-2009).]

couldahadaV8

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for couldahadaV8Click Here to visit couldahadaV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to couldahadaV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Erik:

That is a work of art. Looks like it came from Milan

As nice as it is, was it really necessary to repost every picture for a 1 line reply?
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL!

Now I want mine even more
looks great! now get it installed. LOL.
D.
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2009 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
gorgeous!
Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2009 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by couldahadaV8:

As nice as it is, was it really necessary to repost every picture for a 1 line reply?

yes

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2009 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still waitng for wiring harness to arrive to install dash I have been asked by a few on what the dash is costing - So I have a rough total amount for my dash swap F40 style. Dash / console / glove box / new computer cover / carbon fiber trim pieces / upholstery; VDO vision gauges; Pisa wiring harness; Riceburner98 HVAC controller; euro shifter arm from Rodney Dickman; = all together roughly $ 4,700.00 + I still need stereo + tilt steering column. I'll now exact price when I'm done - likely to be over 5K

------------------

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 08-16-2009).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2009 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got Pisa wiring harness today - nice work - Thanks Marty

Don't know how soon I will get to it - next project on to-do list - put in a new sandstone front walkway to my home. I am also getting married soon so we are busy getting ready for the wedding and a few get-togethers before that.

PFF
System Bot
TOO MANY TOYS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TOO MANY TOYSSend a Private Message to TOO MANY TOYSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much would you want to build another one ???. I have an F 40 that I want to replace the interior.

Also looking for a GT 40 interior, as well as 308 interior ANY HELP OUT THERE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

THANKS
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Post pics of your F40
TOO MANY TOYS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2009 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TOO MANY TOYSSend a Private Message to TOO MANY TOYSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, first day here where do I upload the pictures on this site, cannot find area?
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2009 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Front walk 97% done - the wedding is close - then on to dash install

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 11-04-2009).]

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2009 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the remaining VDO guages from Summit Racing and the tilt steering column from fellow PFF member. Got to get a couple senders for the vdo guages and a stereo and I'm ready to go.

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2009 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is going to look incredible in your car. Amazing job *thumbs up*

------------------

Check out my build!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2009 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 220mph speedo looks alot better than my 120mph.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got one of the last pieces to the puzzle (switch cluster lower corner of dash Amida is working on)

Becker Online Pro BE 6105 Head Unit Navigation + Becker Silverstone 6 disc changer 7860 from '05 Ferrari 360

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 10-02-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking great!

I have a question for you..... where did you get the dummy lights for the dash?
I will be needing some for my car as well.
D.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

I have a question for you..... where did you get the dummy lights for the dash?
I will be needing some for my car as well.
D.

Rob "Amida" is the one

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rob "Amida" is the one

Ok, thanks I did not know Rob had them. I will contact him.
D.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2009 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob update on intricate switch progress

A couple switch panel plug shots. The single switch holder/frame was modeled from 15 separate plastic pieces which were glued together. It was a complex piece to make due to movement of the toggle cap. Next, four singles will need to be tied together in a row and re-modeled.

Rob
FieroVation
FieroInteriors
Seattle, WA. USA

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob has the switch panel finished so I have everything needed for the dash now - started wiring and will be installing dash in the next month or so.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2010 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How's the wiring going...Get a headache yet?
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2010 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 07-10-2011).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Before

After

Much better.
Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2010 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Me likey!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2010 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love the way the black one sits & looks.
JLCustomizing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2010 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JLCustomizingSend a Private Message to JLCustomizingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Imagine being on the road behind all those.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock