Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Aurora 4.0l / Izuzu 5 speed swap into 88 coupe (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 26 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Aurora 4.0l / Izuzu 5 speed swap into 88 coupe by cptsnoopy
Started on: 04-27-2004 07:21 PM
Replies: 1012 (72861 views)
Last post by: cptsnoopy on 11-05-2023 09:50 PM
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2004 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did mine like Will on my 88. But on the 87 I did for my S* ( I did the 87 first then redid it into the 88 ) I just cut the front member and made the new one for it. But I had no probems with it.
I would not think that that is a problem. It looks like all you have to do is cut the littlr tube so it will fit in right. Then get a spacer to fill the gap on the other side?

[This message has been edited by Rickady88GT (edited 11-25-2004).]

IP: Logged
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used 1/2" threaded rod through the trailing arm mount bolt holes to maintain the width. I think that started out ok. I wonder if the heating and cooling from the welding caused the front ends of the cradle to curve in a little? if the inner sides of the front arms shrank just a little from the welding that may be a contributing factor. as is obvious, I am learning as I go.
do you guys think it would be ok to heat of the front arms of the cradle on both sides where the crossmember is welded and bend out the front of the arms to fit? do you think that will destroy the strength of the cradle? the left front mount is straight, the right front mounting hole now points down on the inside edge and also rearward. so much so that I can't get the bolt through it anymore when I try to mount it. it was a hassle before now it is bent just far enough to not want to force it. I also wonder if the cooler temps around here are contributing to it also. I welded it up when it was 110 degrees out and now it is in the mid 60's. anyway I plan on trying to fix it tomorrow... fingers crossed

edit: work got me and now I won't get to fix on the car until next week...

[This message has been edited by cptsnoopy (edited 11-28-2004).]

cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2004 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
had a couple of hours free tonight so out came the cradle and engine. after removing the engine from the cradle, I used the jack from the hoist and some heat from a propane torch to gently ease the right x-member arm back to square. to my surprise it lined up on the second attempt... now I can concentrate on finishing the exhaust again.

this is the cradle after tweaking it back to fit correctly.

this is just a teaser shot of the engine...

[This message has been edited by cptsnoopy (edited 05-11-2012).]

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2004 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
93 Northstar and 5 speed Getrag
thespeedshop@sbcglobal.net
My build thread

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2004 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cptsnoopy:
this is just a teaser shot of the engine...

Don't these engines look awesome with the manual transmissions on them?

The small size of the transmission underscores the huge size of the engine... NICE!

cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2004 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

Don't these engines look awesome with the manual transmissions on them?

The small size of the transmission underscores the huge size of the engine... NICE!

poor little tranny. I hope it lasts more than a week...

thanks Will, I definitely agree

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2004 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man I said the same thing when I saw that little tranny
I put a 5 speed on my S* and it did not look that little. The N* has that coolant/EGR cross over and water pump that make it look so much bigger than the S*. Those parts hang over the tranny and dwarf it.
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2004 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok, this time I only tack weld until it's checked for clearances... (slow learner)

front exhaust and baby cat from ryan.hess

rear exhaust until I check for clearance again...

starfighter007@msn.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2004 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starfighter007@msn.comSend a Private Message to starfighter007@msn.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Allright slacker lets get back to work Man this is awesom what you are doing ,You are making this project look so easy .where are you located in Phx.? I am near 12th st. and northern If you need someone to test drive that bad boy when it is done I will be more than willing keep up the good work .
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2004 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by starfighter007@msn.com:

Allright slacker lets get back to work Man this is awesom what you are doing ,You are making this project look so easy .where are you located in Phx.? I am near 12th st. and northern If you need someone to test drive that bad boy when it is done I will be more than willing keep up the good work .

Lol! thanks, it would take a video camera to see what's really going on. i only take pictures after the cussing is over...

I am at 40th street and Chandler Blvd. if it ever does get done I'll drive it over and you can check it out.

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2004 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am at 40th street and Chandler Blvd. if it ever does get done I'll drive it over and you can check it out.

Read: Nobody drives my car!!

it's okay, I don't even let my dad drive my car

PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2004 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am the same way about letting people drive my car. But I let many people drive my car at the Ca. Coast Run. I wanted people to feel the power steering to judge for them selfs if the Fiero feels better with it. I will say that everybody that drove my 3.5 S* with power steering was Very respectfull and kind. I told some of them to push it but they chose not to. Only a few of them even hit the 6700 red line. I have no problem dispelling the mith that the 88 wont benifit from power steering. My reason for power steering is for a MUCH faster ratio and not so much for less effort. So the first thing they said was how well it feels. So I am sure that other people wil drive it too. But if it were just stock steering I dont think I would let so many drive it.

------------------

cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2004 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

Read: Nobody drives my car!!

it's okay, I don't even let my dad drive my car

I don't blame anyone for being extra careful with their baby

I will have to treat each test drive on a case by case basis. not just carte blanche.

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

I am the same way about letting people drive my car. But I let many people drive my car at the Ca. Coast Run. I wanted people to feel the power steering to judge for them selfs if the Fiero feels better with it. I will say that everybody that drove my 3.5 S* with power steering was Very respectfull and kind. I told some of them to push it but they chose not to. Only a few of them even hit the 6700 red line. I have no problem dispelling the mith that the 88 wont benifit from power steering. My reason for power steering is for a MUCH faster ratio and not so much for less effort. So the first thing they said was how well it feels. So I am sure that other people wil drive it too. But if it were just stock steering I dont think I would let so many drive it.

If I ever get to see you and your car you can bet that I will be asking about the power steering! (ppllleeaasseee, can I try it, pleeeaassee?)

cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2004 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i managed to flatten the exaust pipe a little bit where it goes under the oil pan. mostly to allow a little room for a piece of sheet metal or something for a heat shield. then the engine and cradle went back under the car to make sure it was all going to fit ok.
the front exhaust gets a little close to the a/c freon return line but it should be ok. the rear exhaust looks pretty good but I need to figure out how to fit the other baby cat back there and still get the pipe to fit around the corner... the last pic is just a reminder that there really is a car involved...

cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a new birthday/christmas toy that ought to come in handy!

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man! That is exactly what I have been looking at!

I want one of those too!

Let me know how it works, I always wondered if can recharge fast enough to keep up, I don't
really want one that runs all the time.

cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
all I can say for now is Whhoooo HHoooo!!! I have been wanting something like this for several years now and somehow my wife and her family picked up on it! (i think she is ready to see the yellow car run... )

I just ran it for it's 15min break in period and after I shut the moisture drain it took right at 5 min to get to 145psi. seems good to me but I will have to report back after trying some tools out. say for instance the impact wrench to loosen the strut bolts? this thing came with an extra, a little tool kit with a craftsman impact wrench, 3/8 drive air wrench and what looks like a rivit gun... maybe it's a drill, not sure yet...

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2004 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When we talked last time on the phone I told you about the helping from the local dealership, he told me about a different mount. Its a trans. transforcase large rubber mount for a 88 to 97 Chevy fullsize 4X4 5.7L, I looked and the price is low $20's and it loked very solid.

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2004 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GSXRBOBBY:

When we talked last time on the phone I told you about the helping from the local dealership, he told me about a different mount. Its a trans. transforcase large rubber mount for a 88 to 97 Chevy fullsize 4X4 5.7L, I looked and the price is low $20's and it loked very solid.

sounds good. can you post or email a pic? thx

edit: just thinking about the mount. my 81 full size 4x4 has a trans mount that is about 2" wide and about 5" long. is the mount your talking about smaller?

[This message has been edited by cptsnoopy (edited 12-12-2004).]

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2004 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sound close to it?
I looked up a picture of it on Napa's website

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
My build thread

[This message has been edited by GSXRBOBBY (edited 12-12-2004).]

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I picked one up today from Auto Zone, life time warranty $16.99, the part number there was Anchor 2638
It is big enough, but I don't see it being to big to use with a custom mount! And if it hold up to a 350 SBC 4X4 with alot of torq. it should last well with our swap! If not life time warranty!

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
219customs@verizon.net
My build thread

PFF
System Bot
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yup that looks like the same one or very close. you could use it as a single mount point for the passinger side of the engine or one on the front and one on the rear, something like I did. It should be plenty strong for either method.

[This message has been edited by cptsnoopy (edited 04-19-2005).]

cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2004 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cptsnoopy

2585 posts
Member since Jul 2003
just a quick update. I noticed after I had tacked the cat converters on that there is a "flow" arrow and wouldn't you know it I got them backwards... so I spent a couple of hours turning them around and welded up most of the seams on the front bank exhaust pipe. more fugly welds...
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 04:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The exhaust is getting closer to the back of the car. Later today the engine goes back under the car to see that all of this will fit ok and to see how the baby mufflers ought to be installed..

aaron88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaron88Send a Private Message to aaron88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It doesn’t look to me like you’re going to have room for a muffler of any kind. You may just as well use the cats only. It won’t be that bad if you’re into loud exhaust, because that motor sounds so nice. You might want to put off routing the rest of the exhaust until you hear what it sounds like. Personally mine was way too loud, I went with two mufflers and no cat, (passed the meagre emissions testing they have here for hot rod’s). I’m just not sure how you’re going to have room for mufflers now, unless you put 270º more worth of bends in.

Aaron

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking about just using Monza tips on mine, but then again I am not running headers.

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
219customs@verizon.net
My build thread

cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aaron88:

It doesn�t look to me like you�re going to have room for a muffler of any kind. You may just as well use the cats only. It won�t be that bad if you�re into loud exhaust, because that motor sounds so nice. You might want to put off routing the rest of the exhaust until you hear what it sounds like. Personally mine was way too loud, I went with two mufflers and no cat, (passed the meagre emissions testing they have here for hot rod�s). I�m just not sure how you�re going to have room for mufflers now, unless you put 270� more worth of bends in.

Aaron

I apologize for not giving enough information... I picked up a couple of baby stainless mufflers from a good friend of mine that builds VW sandrails. He goes to the junkyard every now and again and picks these things up. He sold me two of these for $10 each. They need to be worked on and cleaned up so they look good. I think they will work pretty well but I am not sure until I actually try it. I would rather set up a clamp system for them than to weld them in so I can adjust them up and down at the rear. The good quality clamp system cost around $40 to $50 each so I am not sure what I will end up doing just yet.

These mufflers are 8-5/8" long, 6" wide and 3-1/2" thick. They fit in the exhaust cut-out area just right. I just don't know what kind of tip to put on the end. It only will have around 3" to 5" inches of room for a tip before it starts looking too long. The inlet and outlet of these are 2" OD but if you cut off the pipes where they are welded to the body the inner pipe is 2-1/4" OD. that will require some work but it might be worth it...

cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2004 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cptsnoopy

2585 posts
Member since Jul 2003

I was thinking about just using Monza tips on mine, but then again I am not running headers.

are you going to use the stock y-pipe and a cat? I don't know if you need one where you live.

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am using the stock exhaust manifilds, and Y pipe. Off the Y pipe I was going to branch it off to each side with out a cat. to each Monza tip with 2 1/2" tubing. Will talked me out of 3", to big. The two upper county here in N.W. Indiana do require vehicles 76 and newer to pass a test, but I have an family memeber thet live just over the county line that I was going to use her address. They don't test so I don't have to put on a cat.
Just what are those mufflers from by the way?

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
219customs@verizon.net
My build thread

cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am using the stock exhaust manifilds, and Y pipe. Off the Y pipe I was going to branch it off to each side with out a cat. to each Monza tip with 2 1/2" tubing. Will talked me out of 3", to big. The two upper county here in N.W. Indiana do require vehicles 76 and newer to pass a test, but I have an family memeber thet live just over the county line that I was going to use her address. They don't test so I don't have to put on a cat.
Just what are those mufflers from by the way?

we have smog testing here. if i can't talk them into letting my car pass then i will have to register the car at my mother's address.
your car should sound mean with just pipes and tips.
the guy i got these mufflers from could not remember at the time but he thought they were off a BMW or something like that.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tryed every thing I cold think of that would alow me to use the stock cat (smog laws) and have some type of muffler. Well the stock location was out for the muff because that is where the cat went. So I looked for realy small muffs, one for each side. But that was ruled out for there was not enough room. The pipe could not be routed throu the frame and clear the susp and brake lines. In the system I used the pipe will be VERRY hot as the cat heats the gasses up to burn anything that did not burn in the engine. After seeing how close the very hot pipes were going to be to the brake lines, tires and plastic bumper I decided to not do the small mufflers. Mine is an 88 and just did not have the room for mufflers that size I started the engine with no system on it at all and it was not loud, so the cat took down the sound even more. I just ran the pipe into a Y after the cat to go to duel res tips. I realy like the sound and is not loud till you realy rev it up. I did use some 3" pipe. I also used 2.5". But all of the 3" pipe I used are exhaust doughnuts. I chose to use 3" for the VERY tight turns for lower restriction and ran 2.5" for the majority of the system. BTW my cat is 3" in and 3" out so I saw no reason to think it would be detramental to use some 3" pipe. I also used 2.5" exhaust doughnuts too. They alow me to make turns so tight that it would be imposable to bend a pipe that far. They realy come in handy.
If I thaught the car was to loud I had a backup plan to customize a set of small muffs to fit. But that would have cost more money so I did not want to go that way.
PFF
System Bot
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:
all of the 3" pipe I used are exhaust doughnuts. I chose to use 3" for the VERY tight turns for lower restriction and ran 2.5" for the majority of the system. I also used 2.5" exhaust doughnuts too. They alow me to make turns so tight that it would be imposable to bend a pipe that far. They realy come in handy.
If I thought the car was to loud I had a backup plan to customize a set of small muffs to fit. But that would have cost more money so I did not want to go that way.

Rickady88GT,

I always thought that exhaust doughnuts were the packing material in the flared joint from the manifolds to the pipe. I am wondering where do I look to see the doughnuts you're using on your system. I saw the picture of yours and the bends where the pipes split to go left and right are almost 90 degrees with little radius. is that from a cut up exhaust doughnut? It sounds like your system is working pretty well. I thought I would have to go with no muffs until I saw the ones I am using on my brothers sandrail. They are straight through so I don't know if they will lower the sound or not. I guess I will use a bell fitting or something temporary until I know they are worth having there.

cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cptsnoopy

2585 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Rickady88GT,

I read your post about using the 90's corvette surge tank for the cooling system. Did you buy yours new or get one used? just wondering what to expect to pay for one. Also, when you use dexcool, do you need to put pellets in the system?
thanks

[This message has been edited by cptsnoopy (edited 12-18-2004).]

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Also, when you use dexcool, do you need to put pellets in the system?
thanks

YES! It's compatible with all coolants. Very important you get that stuff in there, especially in case the last owner didn't.

cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2004 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Ryan
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2004 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I barely avoided disaster! I caught something on fire in the garage while grinding down some welds on the car... If I did not have a fire extinguisher handy it would have been the end of the house and the car... as it is I threw out all of the charred stuff and the only things on the car that were hurt is the drivers door inside and outside panels. they were off the car and near where the fire started. Luckily the garage did not get any damage other than the stink of melting plastic... So instead of getting anything done on the car today I spent the whole day emptying out the garage and cleaning up the mess... well, it could have been worse... good lesson, keep the fire extinguisher handy!

door panel, may be able to save...

used up fire fighting tool...

heat treated golf clubs... The golf bag is a goner

GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2004 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I take it you didn't ask for a new set of clubs for Christmas? So other then the door panel did you hurt anything else on the car?
P.S. don't tell your wife, she may try to stop you! haha

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
219customs@verizon.net
My build thread

cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2004 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the outside door panel looks like it just got smoke damage and can be refinished. the inside door panel was on fire and cannot be saved... other than that (and the golf bag meltdown) no other car parts were damaged. the garage smells a bit but should be fine in a few weeks. now that all the combustable materials are in the trash I should be ok to work again. that and I just got back from Home Depot with new fire extinguisher My wife was alarmed but has not stopped me yet... I will try to post some pics tonight of the strut tower that I am working on.
GSXRBOBBY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2004 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GSXRBOBBYClick Here to visit GSXRBOBBY's HomePageSend a Private Message to GSXRBOBBYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your going to be in trouble, she is going to yell at you! Glad to hear things are no worse.

------------------
Bobby from NW Indiana
219customs@verizon.net
My build thread

cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2004 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
she may yell at me but I still have a present for her.

Here is what I was working on when things got hot... I was grinding down some welds for the strut tower mod. The top half of the hole has a piece of 1/8th inch steel across it and the bottom half has 1/16th inch steel. I just hooked up some gas to my welder and am trying the mig setup. I like the clean welds but I still need to get it figured out. as you will see in the first picture the welds are pretty fugly. at least they are penetrating. on the welds that face the engine bay I cheated and ground them down. I did not see any reason to do that on the wheel side.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 26 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock