Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  Aurora 4.0l / Izuzu 5 speed swap into 88 coupe (Page 26)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 26 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Aurora 4.0l / Izuzu 5 speed swap into 88 coupe by cptsnoopy
Started on: 04-27-2004 07:21 PM
Replies: 1012 (72833 views)
Last post by: cptsnoopy on 11-05-2023 09:50 PM
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2019 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the kind words FieroLost!
Unfortunately we arrived there after they closed off the show so we all separated to find parking which was aways from the event. I’ll post the few pictures that I did take during the short time I was there as soon as I can upload them on the laptop.

Charlie
IP: Logged
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2020 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! It’s been over a year since my last update...
This one is very short.
Car still runs great and it’s still a blast to drive. I drive it at least once a month to keep things from drying up.

Charlie
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2021 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yearly update!
I bought new tires since the old ones were over 12 years old. They were hardly worn with only ~4500 miles on them so I bought the sticky Michelin’s and it helped the ride immensely. I still get an off and on shake around 75-80 mph. Not sure if it’s the wheel balance or some other rotating mass. Otherwise, the car is still driving fantastic.
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2021 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Couple of pics my wife took at the car show today.

jab018

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2021 05:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jab018Send a Private Message to jab018Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just blew about 3 hours reading through your entire thread!! then saw that you had just posted another update today!!! im so used to reading old dead threads it was refreshing to see i was on one that is still active. i am hoping to follow in your footsteps with a 4.6 4t80 swap in our 87 notch. im glad to see you ended up with the stock intake, they really are a marvel of engineering. Other than getting your bank to bank afrs balanced out did you notice any increase in low rpm torque with the stocker? love your build and hope to run into you some day.
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2021 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you jab018!
It’s starting to seem like it was a long time ago when I began this journey. I just wanted to find out if I could see the project through and have a somewhat reliable car in the end.
Regarding Russ’s ITB intake vs stock. I never got the system running well enough to get a comparison. Putting the stock intake manifold on fixed the map signal issue and it has been running great since. I really need to find a tuner with a dyno and get the fine tuning completed. I sent the ITB intake setup to forum member Will as he showed interest in trying it out. I’m not sure if he’s tinkered with it yet or not.

I wish you luck and success swapping in the 4.6. It sure makes these little cars fun to drive.
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2021 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cptsnoopy:

Thank you jab018!
It’s starting to seem like it was a long time ago when I began this journey. I just wanted to find out if I could see the project through and have a somewhat reliable car in the end.
Regarding Russ’s ITB intake vs stock. I never got the system running well enough to get a comparison. Putting the stock intake manifold on fixed the map signal issue and it has been running great since. I really need to find a tuner with a dyno and get the fine tuning completed. I sent the ITB intake setup to forum member Will as he showed interest in trying it out. I’m not sure if he’s tinkered with it yet or not.

I wish you luck and success swapping in the 4.6. It sure makes these little cars fun to drive.

It's on the list, but I have to get my engine running first.
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2021 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

It's on the list, but I have to get my engine running first.

[This message has been edited by cptsnoopy (edited 08-08-2021).]

jab018

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2021 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jab018Send a Private Message to jab018Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
will,
i have several cores and at least one donor vehicle.
let me know if you need any parts.
i am kinda intermittent on the forum here but let me know if you want a contact number.
josh
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2021 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jab018:

will,
i have several cores and at least one donor vehicle.
let me know if you need any parts.
i am kinda intermittent on the forum here but let me know if you want a contact number.
josh

What state are you in?

I appreciate the offer, but I think I'm doing ok.

However, if you have a damaged '85-'88 Fiero engine wiring harness, I'll take that off your hands... I need to tear it apart to build my engine harness.

cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2023 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The project Fiero still lives. I had to add a little Freon after 4 years but other than that it’s doing well.

PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2023 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool car. I love those engines
cptsnoopy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2023 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!
Great to get out and drive a couple of times a month
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 26 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock