Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Sequential LED Tail Lights (Part 2) (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Sequential LED Tail Lights (Part 2) by doublec4
Started on: 11-02-2013 10:46 AM
Replies: 198 (9012 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-10-2016 01:06 PM
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm very interested in the notchie lights and curious how much would be involved in adding in a half dozen or so clear/white lights at the end for the reverse lights. There seems to be plenty of space for them and the omision of them made me think twice before buying. I know that somebody makes a kit that replaces the reflectors with LED reverse lights, but they the are half the cost of your whole setup which in my opinion is ridicilous.
Edit... for spelling (stupid tablit).

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 03-07-2014).]

IP: Logged
kraelo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kraeloSend a Private Message to kraeloEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am interested. Let me know when group buys for the GT are happening.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Awesome work. Reminds me of a photoshop I did 4 years ago:

Lights off/lights on/braking

Lights on/blinking right

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...HTML/081341.html#p11

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 03-01-2014).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2014 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can add white LEDs, however, they will just show up red behind the red lens I include. If it were that easy I would have included them (there is lots of room like you mentioned)

I will investigate the reverse light option but I can't promise anything there. At one point I played around with trying to inlay a clear lens inside of the red lens so that you could use white LEDs, but the execution just wasn't up to par with something I would put on my car. I've had some other passing ideas that I will try when I have some time.

The plastic backing piece I include with the notchback tail lights actually has a spot already machined in it for a reverse light location if I can get any of my ideas to work nicely. If I am successful, those of you who have already purchased a kit without reverse lights can buy the reverse light option for the difference in cost. So in the meantime, nobody is missing out or getting less for their money. There would be a future price increase on these kits if I include a reverse light provision.

Thanks!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2014 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

doublec4

8289 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Awesome work. Reminds me of a photoshop I did 4 years ago:

Lights off/lights on/braking

Lights on/blinking right

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...HTML/081341.html#p11

Looks very similar actually. Although your parking lights just follow the perimeter of the brake light section.

When designing the GT lights, I thought of doing that since it would be easier to design the circuit. (Separate LEDs for parking lights / brake lights) However, I thought the whole panel lit up for parking lights would look nice and be a little more challenging for me to design the schematic. It ended up being an interesting learning experience
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2014 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HURRY UP PLEASE!
I will take slot one and two,
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Without a doubt if I still had my GT I would put your sequential LED tail light on. They are great and really modernize the GT.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED

Click here to read the History of Skitimes Car

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

HURRY UP PLEASE!
I will take slot one and two,

Working as fast as I can! I have you down on the GT list!

Originally posted by skitime:

Without a doubt if I still had my GT I would put your sequential LED tail light on. They are great and really modernize the GT.

Thank you for the compliment. Means a lot coming from someone who put together such a universally liked and highly regarded Fiero

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for the sequential GT tail light kit. I am really looking forward to this as it will definitely increase my visibility and look better too.
Fastpacefiero87

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastpacefiero87Click Here to visit Fastpacefiero87's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fastpacefiero87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested in led Sequential tail lights for fastback.
They are awesome. Great job

Thanks.
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the list for the GT lights too.
PFF
System Bot
fireboss

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please place me on your list for the GTs
87Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSend a Private Message to 87FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please put me on the list for the GT's also!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2014 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys!

I have a running list going of all of you who have shown interest.

I'm just wrapping up the notchback group buy (took longer than I thought) so I will have a GT group buy open soon.

Thanks for all of the support so far!
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 05:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will there be an option for LED reverse panels inside the housings?

Thanks,
Greg

------------------

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

Will there be an option for LED reverse panels inside the housings?

Thanks,
Greg

At the moment I do not have one designed, but if there is enough interest I can work on one.

I didn't originally design one because of how little the reverse lights are actually on. I figured it wouldn't be worth adding it for the price it would drive the kits up. If, say, 10 people are interested, I can come up with something though.

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

At the moment I do not have one designed, but if there is enough interest I can work on one.

I didn't originally design one because of how little the reverse lights are actually on. I figured it wouldn't be worth adding it for the price it would drive the kits up. If, say, 10 people are interested, I can come up with something though.

I was just thinking that it would make to appearance more consistant. I saw the $50 upgrace from the other ad, and I would be interested if it was something near that ballpark.

Greg

PS - A red, blue or custom LED kit would also be cool for the "PON" "TIAC" center.

[This message has been edited by FieroGTguy (edited 03-11-2014).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2014 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You can put me on the list for a LED GT set and if you do the LED reverse option I'm interested. Great work as always, they look great! Put madcurl on the list also.

Troy
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hell I'm game
Throw a list up and put me at the top
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys!

The list keeps growing, looks like I'm going to have to order more supplies!
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you don't have me down for a GT set I'm definitely in. Thanks!
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

If you don't have me down for a GT set I'm definitely in. Thanks!

I actually have you down on the notchback list. Is that a mistake on my part or you wanted to be on both lists?
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2014 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure how that happened, just a fastback set
Fastpacefiero87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2014 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastpacefiero87Click Here to visit Fastpacefiero87's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fastpacefiero87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me on the fastback list I'm in
CaptDale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2014 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CaptDaleSend a Private Message to CaptDaleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please put me down on the GT list. Also add me to the list of LEF reverse lamp if you figure out how much extra. Otherwise good without that. Thanks !! These are amazing!
Fiervette

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FiervetteSend a Private Message to FiervetteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for a Fastback set.
KOS

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you getting closer to the fastback sale? Not in a rush just checking in

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to put up a fast back group buy very soon. I was going to do it about a week ago but I realized it would be more efficient to make an even larger batch of these all at once. The demand for them exceeded my expectations so I'd like to try and build 25 sets for the next group buy. I've ordered enough materials and I'm waiting for them to come in.

In the mean time, I'm building what I can so the wait won't be so long once the group buy opens up.

I appreciate your patience and support everyone!
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fireboss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2014 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm going to put up a fast back group buy very soon. I was going to do it about a week ago but I realized it would be more efficient to make an even larger batch of these all at once. The demand for them exceeded my expectations so I'd like to try and build 25 sets for the next group buy. I've ordered enough materials and I'm waiting for them to come in.

In the mean time, I'm building what I can so the wait won't be so long once the group buy opens up.

Sounds like a PLAN.......any thoughts on the reverse light?
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DID anyone mention ...that I am NOT that patient .. ...ask Mr Poe...he knows!

And I think I have done very well...I have been waiting for someone to do this MOD for sometime...please hurry!
PFF
System Bot
Flyboygt86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Flyboygt86Send a Private Message to Flyboygt86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please put me on the list for GT style. They really look great. Good job
Strappado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StrappadoSend a Private Message to StrappadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait!!!!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wait is almost over!

Put up the group buy list here:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/068740.html

The first 25 spots have been pre-filled based on all of the requests in this thread/pm/email etc. I am posting the group buy anyways just to make it public and for everyone on the list to confirm they still want a set. If you've changed your mind, please let me know!

I will try and contact everyone this week to confirm your spot on the list.

Thanks!
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Puttin' together one of your notchie kits for a customer of yours that doesn't know a soldering iron from a hole in the ground... I have to say, this is nice stuff. Good work.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

Puttin' together one of your notchie kits for a customer of yours that doesn't know a soldering iron from a hole in the ground... I have to say, this is nice stuff. Good work.

Thanks!

Please post up some pictures when complete!

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

migs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2016 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for migsSend a Private Message to migsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How does this LED conversion plug into the stock fiero rear lighting harness? do you include a bulb end type thing on the wire harness you provide or is it something else? I'm asking because I'm doing a notchie-fastback conversion and want to make sure the wiring on the notchie will work with this setup?
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2016 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by migs:

How does this LED conversion plug into the stock fiero rear lighting harness? do you include a bulb end type thing on the wire harness you provide or is it something else? I'm asking because I'm doing a notchie-fastback conversion and want to make sure the wiring on the notchie will work with this setup?

The notchie and fastback LED kits are two DIFFERENT configurations but both use the 1156 and 1157 blades and sockets (stock on fieros) supplied with the LED kits....... if you are doing a fastback conversion you will need to use its fastback harness.... because the turn signal lights have their own wires... you can PM me your email I can send you more details

Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2016 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Possibly use something like these 1157 male pigtail adapters.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock