Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Sequential LED Tail Lights (Part 2) (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Sequential LED Tail Lights (Part 2) by doublec4
Started on: 11-02-2013 10:46 AM
Replies: 198 (9005 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-10-2016 01:06 PM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2014 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:
I definitely like the original design now the 2nd picture because it's how the current tailights look in a sense and look more like a Fiero. Not saying the first ones aren't cool, but just seems a little much especially since they are a 2 piece taillight setup now on our cars. The Chargers have a bar that goes all the way across to make it easier to line them up and keep the lines of the body.

I agree. I'm open to all ideas but I don't really want to imitate the look of another car (ie. charger). I'd like the lights to have their own unique look for the Fiero. Technically I can make any pattern if you request it, but each pattern takes more time to make and more LEDs = more wiring / higher cost.

IP: Logged
lildevil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2014 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL....thats great! But I wanted to see what it would look like with the LEDS going all the way around like the charger....thought it might make the car look wider. Then what it would look like if the top LEDS were about 3 LEDS longer then the bottom.
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2014 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw a pic of the 2014 trans am and it has amazing led tailights that are available now. If only there was a nice housing for them
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2014 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lildevil:

LOL....thats great! But I wanted to see what it would look like with the LEDS going all the way around like the charger....thought it might make the car look wider. Then what it would look like if the top LEDS were about 3 LEDS longer then the bottom.

Ahh okay. I will try and photoshop those tomorrow or this weekend when I have a chance!

Originally posted by Bozzie:

I saw a pic of the 2014 trans am and it has amazing led tailights that are available now. If only there was a nice housing for them

Link to picture?
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2014 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2014transam.com check it out

------------------
http://i252.photobucket.com...ec/2007_12240001.jpg

fierofinatic84se

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofinatic84seSend a Private Message to fierofinatic84seEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome just what I was looking for for my gt, well, similar, watching progress, I'm relatively new here, is this a finished product?
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofinatic84se:

Awesome just what I was looking for for my gt, well, similar, watching progress, I'm relatively new here, is this a finished product?

The GT is a work in progress right now but I almost have all of the details worked out. The pictures of the GT lights you see are just progress pictures, I only put a few LEDs on the boards so I could see what it looks like behind the lens. The final product would of course have LEDs across the whole board.
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2014 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris, I am really looking forward to the GT tail lights. Hope they progress to completion soon.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2014 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

Chris, I am really looking forward to the GT tail lights. Hope they progress to completion soon.

Should be ready soon! I will be placing an order for the first batch of LED boards tonight.
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do have a question on the LED boards. What happens if one of the LED's go out? Is it easy to pull the board out and replace the led light that went out and will there be extras sent or what's going to be the easiest way to replace those if they go out down the road. Just thinking ahead.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

I do have a question on the LED boards. What happens if one of the LED's go out? Is it easy to pull the board out and replace the led light that went out and will there be extras sent or what's going to be the easiest way to replace those if they go out down the road. Just thinking ahead.

On the technical side of your question if you are familiar with soldering it is very easy to swap the LEDs ... if you dont have experience a electronic tech can swap out a LED in 5 minutes MAX ....
regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As Danyel stated, it is not a hard fix to swap LEDs if one happens to go bad. On the LED board you would just need to desolder the four legs of an LED and pop a new one in and solder it. The desolder/solder would only take a few minutes. Dissassembly of the light fixture from your car + opening the housing and accessing the panel may take another 15 minutes. Not extensive at all

There will likely be a few extra LEDs in the kit if people want
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

As Danyel stated, it is not a hard fix to swap LEDs if one happens to go bad. On the LED board you would just need to desolder the four legs of an LED and pop a new one in and solder it. The desolder/solder would only take a few minutes. Dissassembly of the light fixture from your car + opening the housing and accessing the panel may take another 15 minutes. Not extensive at all

There will likely be a few extra LEDs in the kit if people want

Sounds good. Just wanted to double check. Thanks for letting me know. I can't wait to install these bad boys. I got the LED flasher yesterday!
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like the look of these and will probably want a set for my Formula at some point. I like them going all the way across the back....i think. I am going to have to agree that they are going a little fast though, and slower would look better. How do they get away with them going slow in the newer Mustangs? Also when you're done can you post a video of them in full function; driving, braking turning and reverse?
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. The only way you can slow down the flashing is if you modify the flashing unit under the dash. The duration of applied voltage needs to be longer. It's possible (check out the link I posted) and then my controller board can be reprogrammed to match.

At this time I have my car parked for the winter so I can't get any video on the car, sorry about that! Maybe the first few people who buy them can post up a video for me?
lildevil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does the first one get a discount? LOL Did you figure out a final price yet?
Carl Calderone

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carl CalderoneSend a Private Message to Carl CalderoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris

I actually like the way the LEDs look going across the entire light panel. I uses up all the lens area nicely and increases night time visibility....when the kits become available, will that be an option that we can request? And how much will it add to the cost of the LED panel?
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a FOR SURE Want to Buy List of members yet?
I don't want to miss the purchase, email the list?

LED Notchback Taillights only

1. Revin
2. Rare87GT
3. lil devil
4. Kos
5. Danyel-?
6. Carl Calderone
7. Neverdone
8. ?
DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

1. Revin
2. Rare87GT
3. lil devil
4. Kos
5. Danyel-?
6. Carl Calderone
7. Neverdone
8. ?

Before I become #8 a final price, options and demonstration would be nice. BUT for a discount I'll post up video myself after the install. My Formula is in the garage but i can get to the taillights.
edit to say i even have a spare set that i was going to use to experiment with that spay on tinting. Can show 1 with, 1 without.

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 01-15-2014).]

hiwil88formula

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiwil88formulaSend a Private Message to hiwil88formulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for a set I'll be #8. Let me know when to send the money.

Hywel
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I'll try and do is cut the backing pieces such that you can decide how far you want to extend the LEDs. If you want to wire them all the way to the middle, you can. If you want to stop at a different point, you can do that too. Keep in mind that the tail lights are obviously two pieces so I will try and get the last LED in each segment closest to the middle as I can, but you will definitely see a gap / seam.

I've already cut a few backing pieces in preparation for when I officially start selling them so if you don't care for the look of the LEDs going all the way across the tail light, please tell me. These pieces I've cut are the original design.

This option adds machining time and extra LEDs, but the price for a notchback kit will be $250.

I'm still waiting on some final bulk components to come in but I'll keep you guys updated
PFF
System Bot
craigsfiero2007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is this the design you are going to be producing? Is the $250 for a set with this design or the "custom" ones?
kriswinner

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kriswinnerSend a Private Message to kriswinnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If this ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
is the design, I'm in at $250 or less.
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1. Revin
2. Rare87GT
3. lil devil
4. Kos
5. Danyel-?
6. Carl Calderone
7. Neverdone
8. ?

I am for sure. But I need GT. Is this list for not notchie or gt?

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

1. Revin
2. Rare87GT
3. lil devil
4. Kos
5. Danyel-?
6. Carl Calderone
7. Neverdone
8. ?

I have a fastback ...... I'll wait to see the fastback version first THX
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want a set of the coupe LED lights

------------------

2013 Chevy Cruze Eco
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1985 Fiero GT 2.8 auto
1985 Fiero SE 3.4 V6 4 spd
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$250 will be the notchback price. I just can't offer "one off" custom panels because of the time involved but I'll do my best to make the panel such that you can decide how far you want to wire the LED lights for the parking lights.

The GT version will be in the same price range, but I haven't finished those yet.

I think revin just posted that list as a general list of who's shown interest so far? When I put them up for sale I will make an official thread and we can keep track of everything in there

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Perfect. I am ready when you are. Keep me at the top of the list too

thanks!

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I was just posting a general list of instrest shown. ( I just didn't want to be left out. )

Sorry to offend or get anyone's hopes up.

I am sure that if Doublec4 can make cool lights for us , he is more than capable of making up his own way of selling these things to the people that want them.

Sorry Doublec4 for stepping on toes like that.

revin
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes I was just posting a general list of instrest shown. ( I just didn't want to be left out. )

Sorry to offend or get anyone's hopes up.

I am sure that if Doublec4 can make cool lights for us , he is more than capable of making up his own way of selling these things to the people that want them.

Sorry Doublec4 for stepping on toes like that.

revin

Not stepping on toes at all Just want to make sure everything stays organized.

When its all said and done I'll have separate threads for Notchback and GT lights so there's no confusion
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a quick update. I placed the order on the GT LED panels so they should be here relatively soon and I can put together a full set to show you guys

Keep watching!
PFF
System Bot
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris dont forget me !!!! lol
am sending the front pans out to be powder coated gloss black next week from my purchase on monday. was great meeting you and from what i seen of the tail lights they will be top notch!!!!
side note took your advice and bought a bunch of new tips to practice soldering........
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by coady:

Chris dont forget me !!!! lol
am sending the front pans out to be powder coated gloss black next week from my purchase on monday. was great meeting you and from what i seen of the tail lights they will be top notch!!!!
side note took your advice and bought a bunch of new tips to practice soldering........

Nice to meet you too!

I promise the soldering will not be difficult! All of the controller boards will come preassembled and soldered for both the GT and the Notchback. I will personally be doing all of these.

You guys will only need to solder LEDs which are very easy to do. I want to make this as simple as possible for everyone!
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When are you looking to start the group buy?
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Group buy for the notchback should start in one week! Just putting some final details together and writing up the instructions!
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+1 for the GT LED.

Rob
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Group buy for the notchback should start in one week! Just putting some final details together and writing up the instructions!

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!
85red2m6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85red2m6Send a Private Message to 85red2m6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
doublec4, if you have the notchback boards set up to be able to go right to center, put me down for a set... $250 sounds good, and I have no problem with soldering
and a few spare LED's definitely doesn't hurt... mine MAY get used in the winter and I don't know how well the LED's deal with -40 of our Alberta winters, lol...
will you be including the flasher or do I still have to get that seperate?
oh, and +1 for a great Canadian Fiero product

------------------
1986 Fiero SE 2.8 Auto - Blackie
1985 Fiero GT 2.8 4-spd - Goldie II - To be driveable this season
1985 Fiero GT Convertible - 3.8SC 4-spd - long term project
1987 Cavalier Z24 2.8 5-spd - daily driver - 300k miles and still goin
1993 Bonneville SSEi - 3800SC parts/wiring donor for 85 Vert

[This message has been edited by 85red2m6 (edited 02-04-2014).]

DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2014 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I won't be ready to buy in a week, I need to get my car running before I can splurge on extras.

Hopefully you have a second buy sometime late summer/fall as I would love a set of these.

The problems of being a college student and trying to build a car at the same time...
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2014 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Definitely interested in these. Please PM me when they are ready to go with all the details. Look awesome!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock