Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall
  EMBRACE RACING GT LED TAIL LIGHT KIT (Group buy April 2014) (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
EMBRACE RACING GT LED TAIL LIGHT KIT (Group buy April 2014) by doublec4
Started on: 03-30-2014 10:33 PM
Replies: 116 (4835 views)
Last post by: jetfighterv on 02-09-2018 01:11 PM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Embrace Racing GT LED tail light kit is ready for a group buy

This LED tail light kit for the GT Fiero is a fresh and modern looking upgrade compared to the stock incandescent bulbs. This upgrade kit adds style and functionality to your existing tail light housings.

The kit features full LED lights that act as your parking/brake/turn signal lights. You retain your stock outer lenses and housings so that fit and finish is as good as stock. The inner lenses are retained and LED panels are placed behind them. It keeps everything looking stock until you turn your lights on!

These LED tail lights also feature a sequencing turn signal that is driven by a plug and play controller board. The control board comes fully assembled and is ready to use!

You can see a demonstration of these lights here:

Just a few other pictures. I will post more pictures in the next few days!

This kit DOES REQUIRE ASSEMBLY! It is very easy to build if you have experience soldering and it is extremely easy to install. It would be a fun weekend project to take on! All that is required for assembly is a soldering iron, 22AWG wire, heat shrink tubing, and screw drivers. Instructions and all other components are supplied! You will be soldering the LEDs to the provided circuit board for the parking/brake lights. There is another panel that you will solder the LEDs to for the turn signals. You will also be making connections via 22AWG wire to power the boards. It is not difficult, but if you are uncomfortable soldering LEDs and wires, please find a friend who can help you out!

You will also need to replace your flasher unit with this one here:

http://www.memotronics.com/...ef32rl-round-25-amp/

The part number is EF32RL so if you search that in google you'll find a bunch of places that carry them. THIS IS REQUIRED! Please use this flashing unit as the timing will be compatible with the controller board for the sequencing turn signal.

It is a 2 prong flashing unit so it plugs directly in place of the stock one. However, you'll notice it has a black ground cable coming out of the top. You will need to ground this under your dash somewhere.

The great thing about this kit is that it plugs directly into your stock bulb sockets. You can always change back to incandescent bulbs if you desire. No cutting or modifying original equipment at all!

What you will receive:

2x PCB controller boards
2x PCB brake signal panels
2x PCB turn signal panels
6x Voltage regulators
Package of superbright LEDs (red and amber)
Hardware and electrical connectors
Instructions

Please note that these lights do not include reverse lights. They are not included because reverse lights are rarely used and it would increase the price of the kit (not justifiable). However, some members have asked me to develop a reverse light panel. I will eventually do that and it will be sold at a later date.

The kit is being sold in the group buy for $250 + shipping.

In the development thread in the general section, there has been an overwhelming response to these lights. I've had more orders than I have materials to make them. I've had to order more materials and they're on the way! I'm going to make 25 spots available for this first group buy and the first 15 will be ready before the last 10 (waiting for parts to show up).

Since I've received so many messages from people through many different avenues, it has been extremely difficult to keep track of who messaged me first, so I'm going to do my best to put together a list of the first 25 people who said they wanted a set of lights. I will be trying to get in touch with everyone on the list this week to confirm that you want to keep your spot on the list.

If you're reading this list and you messaged me asking for a set of lights but do not see your name on the list right now, don't panic! I promise I will fill every single order I get but it will just take some time. I personally solder all of the boards myself and pre-assemble everything I can for you guys personally. It is a lot of work for one guy! Just be patient as I would be extremely happy to see these lights on a whole variety of Fieros out there!

Okay, so on to the list...

1. qwikgta
2. MadMark
3. Fierofreak00
4. Danyel
5. ANAM427
6. FieroGTguy
7. Synthesis
8. Sourmug
9. 87GT2M6
10. wd8ivl
11. TXOPIE
12. TXOPIE
13. KOS
14. Strappado
15. kraelo
-----------------------------------------
16. fierofinatic84se
17. Fastpacefiero87
18. ClassicCor
19. fireboss
20. 87Fiero
21. revin
22. 85sliverGT
23. babyboy761
24. Brad P.
25. troyboy

As I mentioned before the list, if anyone has changed their mind since then, please let me know and I can remove you from your spot on the list.

Thank you to everyone who has shown interest!

*These tail lights are not DOT approved/certified. I am not responsible for any injury/damage related to the use/installation of these lights and they are intended for off-road use only.
------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 05-12-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
KOS

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2014 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 02:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Chris, I sent you a pm about the group buy. Thanks Daniel
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow...

Put me on the list.

Is it possible to not have sequencing of the turn signals?

Thanks
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent!

When do you need payment for the second batch?

Thanks
Nolan
G-Man

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for G-ManSend a Private Message to G-ManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From the video, the turn signal part seems to be sequential and not all of the ts leds light up every flash. Am I correct or are my eyes playing tricks on me? Can they be made to all come on at the same time?

Gary
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its not your eyes, its his video camera. I think whats happening is the refresh rate on the camera is slower than the blinker light moving.
timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please add me to the list....I just sent a you a PM. Thanks, Tim
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if this is for GT cars i would like to be added to.
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

You can put me on the list for a LED GT set and if you do the LED reverse option I'm interested. Great work as always, they look great! Put madcurl on the list also.

Troy

PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2014 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for all of the responses guys.

I've been sending out PM's to people and I will be working my hardest to get all of these kits together in a reasonable time.

With regards to the comment about the sequencing in the video, 85sliverGT is spot on. My camera isn't exactly the greatest camera out there to shoot video with. The last section of the sequence only stays on for a moment and the camera is hit or miss on picking it up. I can assure you the sequence travels right to the end every time in person! The other issue with my camera is that if you notice, the sequencing that appears to be cut short mainly occurs when the parking/brake lights are also on. This is because the camera is trying to adjust for all of the light it is taking in. So it attempts to dim the video and the very quick flash at the end of the sequence is "lost" by the camera.

Also, to answer Tom Slick's question, yes I can program the lights not to sequence if you would prefer. When you order, just specify "no sequence" and I can program it out. It can always be added back in at a later date if you change your mind down the road.

Thanks guys!
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

I've been sending out PM's to people and I will be working my hardest to get all of these kits together in a reasonable time. !

None received .....
regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

None received .....
regards
Danyel

Sorry Danyel,

I've been a bit slow getting messages out to everyone. Lots on the go right now. Please let me know if you object to being on the list or if you would like a set of lights

Thanks!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2014 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in ..... regards
Danyel
Strappado

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StrappadoSend a Private Message to StrappadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can't wait

Let me give you money!!!

[This message has been edited by Strappado (edited 04-04-2014).]

CTFieroGT87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a fantastic price for the amount of work to build these by yourself. Thumbs up doublec4!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CTFieroGT87:

This is a fantastic price for the amount of work to build these by yourself. Thumbs up doublec4!

Thank you!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2014 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LA LA LA LA LA....(as TXOPIE tries to patiently twiddle his thumbs)
fireboss

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got cash.....Just waiting for my PM....

Also I have the led marker lights with the led flasher ,will this effect the turn signals
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireboss:

Also I have the led marker lights with the led flasher ,will this effect the turn signals

Bump for a good question!

PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LED side marker lights should have no affect on the tail lights. I also have LED side marker lights (with my LED tail light kit on my notchback)

Depending on the LED flasher you currently have, if the power pulse is not long enough, you may not get the full sequence in. I would say give it a try with your current flasher and if it doesn't work, then purchase the flasher I have suggested.

Thanks!

I've been working away at these lights so I haven't had too much time to cruise the forums lately. Trying to get everything done as soon as I can for you guys!

------------------

Embrace Racing

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
COOL
LS4-GT88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LS4-GT88Send a Private Message to LS4-GT88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll go in for a set. They will go nicely with your headlights.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2014 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LS4-GT88:

I'll go in for a set. They will go nicely with your headlights.

I'll put your name down on the second list that I have here

We'll be in touch when I get that group buy going next! Thanks for your interest!

------------------

Embrace Racing

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I apologize for the lack of updates in this thread lately. I've been extremely busy making these lights (as always more work than I thought) along with other things such as my full time job.

Anyway, as some of you know, I've been making my way down the list and sending out kits as they become available.

If you haven't heard from me yet, hold tight and you'll be getting your message soon!

Thanks to everyone for their patience!

------------------

Embrace Racing

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2014 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll put your name down on the second list that I have here

We'll be in touch when I get that group buy going next! Thanks for your interest!

Could you please add me to the second list for a GT set!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Could you please add me to the second list for a GT set!

No problem! You'll be on the next list
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
CKDrums

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CKDrumsClick Here to visit CKDrums's HomePageSend a Private Message to CKDrumsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please put me on the list when possible. Thank you!
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine are on the way WOOT WOOT.... do you want me to post in this thread my assembly or will you start another thread ??
regards and Thank you
Danyel
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CKDrums, I'll put you on the next list! Thanks!

Danyel, feel free to use this thread if you like, or start one in the general section and maybe link to it in this thread? Whichever is more convenient for you

Thanks!
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Place me on the list. I'm ready to give these a go.
CKDrums

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CKDrumsClick Here to visit CKDrums's HomePageSend a Private Message to CKDrumsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CKDrums, I'll put you on the next list! Thanks!

Danyel, feel free to use this thread if you like, or start one in the general section and maybe link to it in this thread? Whichever is more convenient for you

Thanks!

Please do.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the kit today had a hell of a time trying to get everything out of the packaging it was packed so well I will be assembling this wonderful kit saturday because of my production run low profile buckets. Chris you have a PM concerning the flasher board. In the meantime here is a pic of what you will be receiving ...... more to come saturday
regards
Danyel

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 04-24-2014).]

MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Waiting for mine to come in this week. Can't wait.
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2014 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the beast survives round 2 of her stress test, count me in for a set. will know more this weekend

dan
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all :
I received Chris's GT Tail light LED upgrade kit and it was nicely packaged as I mentioned before. So bright and early this morning I started the assembly. I unpacked the box and laid out everything makin sure all parts were there. I printed out the PDF assembly manual he had sent the day I paid him for the kit and read it thoroughly. I would suggest you do the same. The manual is well explained with pictures and you will find no confusing directions. Today I ONLY soldered the LEDs to the main boards... I will post more as I go along. The ONLY worry I have will be to seperate the tail light assemblies for they are in a really MINT condition.... hope I dont screw that part up. As you know I have alot of experience with electronic's soldering because I produce LED side marker kits. This kit involves ALOT of soldering and I will give you the important points. The kit details all that you need to have before assembly except one thing which I found VERY important to have..... a lighted magnifying lenses ... this to validate the solders are properly done. I will try to give the important details as Chris's manual really is explicite.

Laid out the boards as per mentioned in the manual and placed the LEDs *** Be maticulous here because if not the LEDs will NOT work.

In the manual Chris says to bend the leads of the LEDs to make them hold but this was harder to do and some LEDs fell out. I went another route once placed and checked I used 1 inch masking tape to hold them on to flip and solder them. Make sure the board is pressed against the LEDs leads. I soldered only one lead so it will hold correctly. I repeated this for all the rows. The tape also protects the LED lenses from being scratched up.

Laid out another row and soldered only 1 lead of each LED (explained below) As you also see the row that I am laying out has an open space underneath.. this is to make sure the LEDs are seated properly, I used 1 inch black foam squares they work great for assembly.

again more rows more soldering

Oncle all the LEDs had one lead soldered I then started to do them all. VERY IMPORTANT Do one lead per LED than go to next LED after the 60th one go back to the first LED and start over ... this procedure will give your LED a chance of not to burn..... it give the LED time to cool off before you come back and solder another lead on it.

whew all done one down another to go

I used the same procedure for the sequencial turn signal boards .... pics below

All four boards are now done with soldering the LEDs. I am very used to soldering and being meticulous.... these 4 boards took me 3.5 hours to do. I remind you to be VERY meticulous and you will have an nicely updated fiero tails...
MORE assembly tomorrow ....

Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 04-26-2014).]

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel

6087 posts
Member since Sep 2008
double post ..... sorry

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 04-26-2014).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2014 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Doublec4,

Put me down for a set !

Sweet product !

Danyel good write up and demo.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors