Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  A Real Mera in Paradise (Page 83)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 178 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150   151   152   153   154   155   156   157   158   159   160   161   162   163   164   165   166   167   168   169   170   171   172   173   174   175   176   177   178 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
A Real Mera in Paradise by Fiero-in-Paradise
Started on: 08-18-2009 04:06 AM
Replies: 7110 (186862 views)
Last post by: Vernonmera on 11-25-2023 05:59 PM
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i want to know more about these emblems of yours guyses.
if i am not mistaken the older Mera style, no? on a 88?
i know we have been over this as far as identifiaction but as to why is now to surface.....evidence points to the "1987 style" on early 1988's. you know, with the CC at the bottom?

hook us up!! i had this on X when it got here and its of similar design, wanna trade?!!

i got the matching cuff links, a horsey and $50..............

d

*EDIT*
boom gos the dynomite!!!! i am on a roll....me and pg 83.

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 05-02-2011).]

IP: Logged
Mera_Cop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mera_CopSend a Private Message to Mera_CopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

blimey....when it rains it pours!!! Mera-that is............nice score!!

real quick. the restoring of this car will be a challenge for the parts....but not impossible

my first question to that affect is......are you going to paint it Red again??

gotta fly.....in the Mera to go get a friend in need, of a ride....an excuse to drive

Daniel-
Mera X

I would absolutely LOVE to go back to the original color but the interior woulf be the most daunting as the dash, doors and EVERYTHING else has been redone and would require gutting it and starting from scratch. Which is about the only option I have.

Oh Yes, could someone tell me how to get to my PM's. It seems that I am having a fun time figuring it out...

[This message has been edited by Mera_Cop (edited 05-02-2011).]

Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mera_Cop:

I would absolutely LOVE to go back to the original color but the interior woulf be the most daunting as the dash, doors and EVERYTHING else has been redone and would require gutting it and starting from scratch. Which is about the only option I have.

Oh Yes, could someone tell me how to get to my PM's. It seems that I am having a fun time figuring it out...

Just scroll down to the bottom of the page that has all the forum categories listed. You will find Private Messages there.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 05-02-2011).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need a nose emblem and the " MERA " from the back deck lid. Don't have to be original but close would be nice.
Fiero-in-Paradise

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys,

JR, Ivan, congrats on your purchases!

I am still working on the nose badges and the smaller door tab badges, I should have more news this week. Rick, I do have my last two gold door tabs (really nice), but I need to first check with my contact about making more. Did you want the gold (without "CORPORATE CONCEPTS") or the silver with the words?

Dan, wow, too bad about that bumper! Mine is not rusted, but it ain't tight too...I can shake it a bit. That frame embedded in the foam explains that. I think if that ever happened to me, I'd just fabricate one from a 4x4 chunk of wood with the correct bevels and all. Hey...I had 2x4 bumpers on my 1962 Bug! LOL...if you weren't looking down, it was really hard on the shins though. Sorry, no extra rear bumper, but I do have an original extra front bumper.

A while back I read some posts on my cold air intake mod. Just to restate, I bought the tubing and flange from the locate hardware store...used for dryers. I had to destroy that plastic "water separator" to remove it, since it would not come out with the fiberglass body. I used a hacksaw blade and just cut the thing in half. I used a very unscientific test for this mod. Before the change, I held up a lit cigarette to the air intake, at idle, and the smoke just drifted up. After I installed the CAI tube, I held another lit cigarette, and wow, the smoke was being sucked bigtime into the intake hole. So I think it does make a difference. However, one thing to remember is that rain water could also be sucked into that air intake hole. My Mera never has seen rain (as long as I have owned it), so not an issue. Even washing the car may be an issue with his mod.

Later! Great to read about all this NEWS!
Tom

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 06:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
F-I-P: Which ones were on the 88 Mera's? I would also like to get a set of the door tabs.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 05-03-2011).]

Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would absolutely LOVE to go back to the original color but the interior would be the most daunting as the dash, doors and EVERYTHING else has been redone and would require gutting it and starting from scratch. Which is about the only option I have.

Good used Fiero interior parts are easy to come by. Redoing the interior would not be too hard to do.

Rodney Dickman
Mera Registry.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nelson,
Can I get a set of these please????
John

Originally posted by hnthomps:

I guess that it is time to let everyone in on my latest project. It has been around four years in the making and I am now very happy to announce a successful conclusion. I have now confirmed the exact source for the MERA rear deck lid letters and better still have locate a very limited supply of the new old stock letters. I have to use multiple vendors to get all of the required emblems and the sources have extremly limited supplies These letters are not at all inexpensive and require some minor modifications. Please let me know if anyone is interested in obtaining a set of new MERA deck lid letters. The price should be somewhere around $125 plus shipping. Exact price will be determined after I see how many sets we need.

A sample of the new letters is provided below and compared with original Mera lettering from my 87. The original individual letters are on the bottom and the new ones on the top two lines.

Nelson

Julian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JulianSend a Private Message to JulianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero-in-Paradise:

I am still working on the nose badges and the smaller door tab badges, I should have more news this week. Rick, I do have my last two gold door tabs (really nice), but I need to first check with my contact about making more. Did you want the gold (without "CORPORATE CONCEPTS") or the silver with the words?

Tom

Tom... put me down for a gold nose badge without Corp.Conc. ..... and three small door badges in silver 2 WITH Corp.Conc. and one without. If you have silver without words but if all the silver have words then I'll take 3 silvers with words. If I'm getting too picky, just let me know what you have....I'm easy to get along with. Did you check out my remote mirror switch?
Do you have a paypal account?

Julian

------------------
Julian - MERA #8071

[This message has been edited by Julian (edited 05-03-2011).]

reholmes

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero-in-Paradise:

Hey guys,

He lives!
Fiero-in-Paradise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will do Julian. I'll see my contact today, and hopefully have them next week. But I'll let you know since the last batch did not turn out well enough for me to sell.

LOL..."I live...barely!" Had to have my knee "scoped" again, and now sked for carpal tunnel surgery. In-between battling gout. You young guys are lucky!! Doc went down this LONG list of foods I need to avoid...basically all the things I love, to include the local Hawaiian and Chinese foods here. I contemplated for just a second on becoming a monk, but how would I look in either a Mera or a Corvette??

Later, off to work!
Tom

PFF
System Bot
Mera_Cop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mera_CopSend a Private Message to Mera_CopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

Good used Fiero interior parts are easy to come by. Redoing the interior would not be too hard to do.

Rodney Dickman
Mera Registry.

Totally agree, just expensive is all. Isn't that always the case???

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tom,

I already have a set of your gold door tabs. I would like two silver ones. My gold ones do not say Corporate Concepts. Do the silver ones come both ways? I will have to find a picture of the silver ones with the CC logo to let you know what I want.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 05-03-2011).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by reholmes:

He lives!

yeah no kidding, HI Tommy! sorry to hear you are down, but at least you are not out!!
get well me Bragh!!

....and you know i am down for some more emblems......1987 Silver C.C. at the bottom please......how about full 3 sets, new all around.
if they are not too bad, make me a deal on the ones you said were not good enough to sell.....i want them for coffee cups to give the family as a cheap christmas gifts.hahahahaaa naw, they will get stuck on hats and mugs and ........cell phone covers, LapTop computer lids. peoples foreheads when they pass out at rock concerts, soo many others uses i am sure nothing Mera shall go to waste!!

always are there requests for them.....but you are so darn busy.
its good to hear from ya, you gotta pop in more....its getting nice and crowded in here.....oh yeah!

I contemplated for just a second on becoming a monk, but how would I look in either a Mera or a Corvette??

Later, off to work!
Tom

dont get me started......whoops too late!

(opening scene)
fade in>Corvette<pan out to see its a reflection in a rearview mirror......of Pontiac Mera #8044!!
side shot of driver <Tommy M> "Private Investigator Monk on Premises"......."The P.I.M.P." hahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!*choke*hahahahaaaa!!! sorry i have been trying all winter to be normal but i have to .........BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!

its a nod to the Magnum PI series and your true calling should you persure your spritual quest

OK sorry i'm DONE!!

Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 05-03-2011).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009

Originally posted by Rick 88:

My gold ones do not say Corporate Concepts. Do the silver ones come both ways? I will have to find a picture of the silver ones with the CC logo to let you know what I want.

hey Rick so you know and if Tom does not have the time to pop-in....i am not sure (at least i dont have any) he made any gold with the CC at the bottom. the silvers are the only OEM Mera emblems with the CC. the gold to my knowledge never had the CC. so Gold is the "1988" nose. but Rodney did say that their may be the early 1988 Mera did have them silver. like it seems with you and Richard.

i am very interested in your "Plaques" if you will if it looks like that pic Richard posted......got any pics....and or ever think about taking it off to see the under side?? it would be nice to find the Mera # when that shift happens......whoops getting too long*post*

d

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ivan,

Rodney is correct. Take you time, and you can find plenty of Fiero interior parts here on the Mall section of the Forum, and in wrecking yards. A lot of Meras have been modified in some way or other. You may decide to keep certain parts of the interior. Stock seats might be more comfortable, and are readily available. Mr Mike makes new seat covers in cloth, and leather, in your choice of colors. Door panels are easy to source. Your dash looks like it has a PISA cover on it. It is glued on, or can it be removed? The console trim does not look bad in the pictures. You might consider just leaving it alone if it is in good shape.

The wheels currently on the car have too much positive offset, and tuck too far in. Stock Fiero crosslace wheels are easy to find and look nice on the Mera. You could also install a 1 in. hubcentric spacer that would move the wheels outward, and fill the fenderwells better, if you like the style. I would remove the orange reflectors on the front bumper.

As far a the color, It depends on how correct you want the car to be. Black Mera's look pretty nice. You could also do a two tone, leaving the bottom black with a contrasting upper color. The car looks good done this way also. I plan to personalize my Mera in a number of ways, except it will alway be labeled as a Mera!

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rick 88

3914 posts
Member since Aug 2001
Dan,

My original 88 nose emblem is pictured on page 13 in this thread. It is not as nice as Richards but appears to be the same. Julian's car must be later production since his emblem is gold.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 05-03-2011).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am working on it.

Nelson

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Nelson,
Can I get a set of these please????
John

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dan,

My original 88 nose emblem is pictured on page 13 in this thread. It is not as nice as Richards but appears to be the same. Julian's car must be later production since his emblem is gold.

cool and thanks.....yeah with the #8071 being later....so its between Richard and Julian for now....isnt it??

off for the numbers....
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you theory is correct then rottin's Mera should have a gold nose emblem to be accurate.
Julian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JulianSend a Private Message to JulianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a comment.....

Corporate Concept was a small shop that did conversions as well as cool snowmobiles and other neat stuff. I picture that they ordered a bunch of emblems (silver at first...) and when they required more they went with gold. But at one time they had both in the shop and i think they just picked & chose what fit the colour (color for you Yanks) during this transition. I don't think they had a well documented procedure of what goes where. Some cars had nose badges on the door latches and even a wheel center on the map pocket. What I'm trying to suggest is that they did what they wanted with the stock they had. If at first they only had silver nose badges then you got a silver nose badge..... just after the Ferrari decree I'm sure they only had gold ones and plenty of extras since the project was canned so some late builds got extra gold ones....but in between it was a decision made by the "sticker guy". Don't look so deep into it. Just my thougt.

------------------
Julian - MERA #8071

[This message has been edited by Julian (edited 05-04-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Mera_Cop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mera_CopSend a Private Message to Mera_CopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ivan,

Rodney is correct. Take you time, and you can find plenty of Fiero interior parts here on the Mall section of the Forum, and in wrecking yards. A lot of Meras have been modified in some way or other. You may decide to keep certain parts of the interior. Stock seats might be more comfortable, and are readily available. Mr Mike makes new seat covers in cloth, and leather, in your choice of colors. Door panels are easy to source. Your dash looks like it has a PISA cover on it. It is glued on, or can it be removed? The console trim does not look bad in the pictures. You might consider just leaving it alone if it is in good shape.

The wheels currently on the car have too much positive offset, and tuck too far in. Stock Fiero crosslace wheels are easy to find and look nice on the Mera. You could also install a 1 in. hubcentric spacer that would move the wheels outward, and fill the fenderwells better, if you like the style. I would remove the orange reflectors on the front bumper.

As far a the color, It depends on how correct you want the car to be. Black Mera's look pretty nice. You could also do a two tone, leaving the bottom black with a contrasting upper color. The car looks good done this way also. I plan to personalize my Mera in a number of ways, except it will alway be labeled as a Mera!

Totally agree with you Rick. I look at this with the eyes of a kid always wanting better. I always wanted one and now that I have my mits on it I start with the "This is great, but I wish..." The biigest gripes I have for now is that while the intentions were there to do a pretty cool job of re-doing the interior, they put money into it then let it set for years without any upkeep. Thus, the panels and moldings are coming unglued or shaken lose and while I have fixed two thirds of the rattles (and there were a ton) I still have a lot more to deal with.
On the not so positive, everything in this car was the tan/saddle interior and the kid who modifyed it did things like paint the seat belts that are now faded between the stock color and a gruesome shade of blackened ash. The carpet is showing the same treatment. Everything was glued to every piece of trim and the dash. So either I scrap the interior completely and replace with factory or I try and salvage what was started and see what I can come up with. Either way I will be loving it.
As for the color, my show car is a triple black 67 firebird convertible. I love this car but swore that I would never own another black car if for nothing but the maintenance. The black on my car can be very presentable however with all fiberglass cars it is starting the stress cracks that are inevitible. So in the next years I will decide on red or black. Black would be easier but without knowing the type of paint used the first time, I will probably have too strip it all the way down to the origins and go from there. For now, it will be my black little beauty.
I think I will follow your advice on the rim spacers for now and keep the rims that are on it. They are expensive and in perfect shape. However, I will agree that they sit too far in.
The Funny Part! Those "reflectors" on the front bumper...Those are the turn signals. I can't even see where they would have been beneath the bumper originally. Is there any way that this one was made that way? I don't have a clue but in every pic I have seen they are ALWAYS mounted below the bumper. I can't think of any reason in hell someone would mount them there aftermarket...but then look at the rest of the car...it didn't even have mirrors when I got it!
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ivan,

I used to own a loaded triple black 68 GTO convertible. I bought it because it was a GTO convertible. I sold it because it was black, and have not had a black car since then. I am too picky about keeping a car clean, and I never washed a car so much in my life. At least the Mera is small, but I can understand you feelings about black.

Some one went thru a lot of work to mount the turn signals that way in the bumper. I don't think it was original to your car. You might consider "flipping" the bumper. That way the turn signal would be less noticeable. I am going to flip the bumper on mine because I do not like the "drooping tongue' look. Flipped the bumper more resembles how the 308 bumper looks. On the spacers you can order them to the width you need. After looking at the pictures again, you might want to try a 1&1/2 in. spacer on the rear. The front may only need a 3/4 in spacer to look better. Take some measurement making sure you have clearnce but placing the tires where you want them in the fender well. Don't forget to make sure you purchase hubcentric spacers. The are much better a centering the wheel perfectly.

When you get a chance PM me with the measurements of your fender shields. I am sure the car looks much better now that it is cleaned up.
reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When you get a chance PM me with the measurements of your fender shields.

I'd like to know also
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Julian:

Just a comment.....

Corporate Concept was a small shop that did conversions as well as cool snowmobiles and other neat stuff. I picture that they ordered a bunch of emblems (silver at first...) and when they required more they went with gold. But at one time they had both in the shop and i think they just picked & chose what fit the colour (color for you Yanks) during this transition. I don't think they had a well documented procedure of what goes where. Some cars had nose badges on the door latches and even a wheel center on the map pocket. What I'm trying to suggest is that they did what they wanted with the stock they had. If at first they only had silver nose badges then you got a silver nose badge..... just after the Ferrari decree I'm sure they only had gold ones and plenty of extras since the project was canned so some late builds got extra gold ones....but in between it was a decision made by the "sticker guy". Don't look so deep into it. Just my thougt.

I would be interested in seeing pictures of original late productions Meras with the additional emblems on the map pockets . I wish mine had one of the Mera wheel center emblems on my GT steering wheel. Tom can you make some of these now that Rodney has sold all of his? I can still understand some owners wanting their cars to appear just like the left CC. If the car had a gold emblem originally that is what I would want on mine. Being mine is only 8011, thats why it got left over silver 87 emblems installed. On your car I like the gold emblem with the yellow paint.
Fiero-in-Paradise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys,

Order went in yesterday, so hopefully they'll be done by mid-week. Will let you know costs and how they turn out. I wasn't sure on the costs, so I ordered 10 each of the following.

I'll have the gold on black nose badge and smaller door tabs, no "CORPORATE CONCEPTS" across the bottom. I'll also have the silver on black nose badge and smaller door tabs, these will have "CORPORATE CONCEPTS" written along the bottom (two lines). I'm in a rush this am, so don't have time to post pics, but SOMEWHERE in here, I know there are pics!

What I'd like to do if no one minds is post them on the mall section. But let me know here how many to set aside for you guys. If I post them on the mall, you can provide feedback to me, and I can do the same, so you'll start to show a feedback score (it shows up only when you're in the mall section).

Later,
Tom (Dan...thanks for the monk confidence!)

[This message has been edited by Fiero-in-Paradise (edited 05-04-2011).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom,

Two silver door tabs for me!
reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When you get a chance PM me with the measurements of your fender shields. I am sure the car looks much better now that it is cleaned up.

Ivan asked me to post these, but I think Rick was asking for the dimensions of the front fender crests. Anyway. . .

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You are correct Richard. I have stencils taped to my car trying to decide how large I want the fender emblems to be on mine. Why am I so picky about this??

I might be able to come up with something for the side emblems too......
Mera_Cop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mera_CopSend a Private Message to Mera_CopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You are correct Richard. I have stencils taped to my car trying to decide how large I want the fender emblems to be on mine. Why am I so picky about this??

I might be able to come up with something for the side emblems too......

Tomorrow morning gentlemen and you shall have them.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can anybody explain to me how my Automatic Mera smoked a Mitsabishi 3000 GT off the line and held the lead till i had to back down for the speed limit (40mph).....*disclaim* it was a kid driving. i did not know school was out, yet. huh, there was a ton of kids on the road this morning and they all wanted to race.....to the speed limit of course

soo anyway, whats been up? i got busy ($$$) for me lately and need to catch up.
last i remember, there will be a flood of NEW Mera pictures from the 2 newest Mera Owners here, lets see them!
i loved staring at Mera Pics to see any differences in their construction......let them fly!

if anyone has problems posting photos here, i will be more that happy to do so for ya! esmulder@att.net

i do keep a copy of all photos for my archives. i just need to start labeling them properly.....whoops.
thank GM, for the '88 offset

later
Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 05-06-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It likely was not the 3000 GT with the twin turbo VR4 engine. That plus an inexperienced driver and the low speed limit should explain things satisfactorily.

Nelson

Originally posted by batousai666:

can anybody explain to me how my Automatic Mera smoked a Mitsabishi 3000 GT off the line and held the lead till i had to back down for the speed limit (40mph).....*disclaim* it was a kid driving. i did not know school was out, yet. huh, there was a ton of kids on the road this morning and they all wanted to race.....to the speed limit of course

soo anyway, whats been up? i got busy ($$$) for me lately and need to catch up.
last i remember, there will be a flood of NEW Mera pictures from the 2 newest Mera Owners here, lets see them!
i loved staring at Mera Pics to see any differences in their construction......let them fly!

if anyone has problems posting photos here, i will be more that happy to do so for ya! esmulder@att.net

i do keep a copy of all photos for my archives. i just need to start labeling them properly.....whoops.
thank GM, for the '88 offset

later
Daniel

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

It likely was not the 3000 GT with the twin turbo VR4 engine. That plus an inexperienced driver and the low speed limit should explain things satisfactorily.

Nelson

awww....well it had at least one turbo,because i could hear it behind me, spoolin up. but even still it did not fly past by any means....
maybe the police station around the next corner had something to do with it

he had a passenger too..........

d
reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ivan's fender crest dimensions:

Mera_Cop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mera_CopSend a Private Message to Mera_CopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by reholmes:

Ivan's fender crest dimensions:

These were sun faded during the three years of driveway time. I would love to go back original but right now the stickers seeped into the paint and I could not buff it out to my liking so I replaced them with true Ferrari emblems until I get all of the Mera badges and decide what color to go with.

Ivan

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the measurements! Mine will be slightly larger

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 05-06-2011).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rick 88

3914 posts
Member since Aug 2001

These were sun faded during the three years of driveway time. I would love to go back original but right now the stickers seeped into the paint and I could not buff it out to my liking so I replaced them with true Ferrari emblems until I get all of the Mera badges and decide what color to go with.

Ivan

Ivan,

Look on page 77 to see the shields I am having made. If you would like a set like this LMK. They are made of top quality vinyl with UV protection so they will take a long time to fade.
Mera_Cop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mera_CopSend a Private Message to Mera_CopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ivan,

Look on page 77 to see the shields I am having made. If you would like a set like this LMK. They are made of top quality vinyl with UV protection so they will take a long time to fade.

I would love to see the finished badge for sure.

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this just in .....my exhaust separated again and it sounds mean. i like it. more at 11:00.
gonna try and "tune" it with a ever increasing gap....i think i got something, if it does not hurt the engine to have a "hole" in the system.....

d

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 05-06-2011).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is the separation located before or after the convertor?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 178 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   84   85   86   87   88   89   90   91   92   93   94   95   96   97   98   99   100   101   102   103   104   105   106   107   108   109   110   111   112   113   114   115   116   117   118   119   120   121   122   123   124   125   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   134   135   136   137   138   139   140   141   142   143   144   145   146   147   148   149   150   151   152   153   154   155   156   157   158   159   160   161   162   163   164   165   166   167   168   169   170   171   172   173   174   175   176   177   178 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock